Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Dead Don't Sleep

The Dead Don't Sleep

a part of “The Dead Don't Sleep”, a fictional universe by moontear666.

(Looking for more ACTIVE players) - Survival horror set in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Dead Don't Sleep”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Dead Don't Sleep

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Greetings and welcome to 'The Dead Don't Sleep'.

Any initial queries etc can be posted here before the game begins proper.

Feel free to discuss with fellow players who show interest in this RP.

I look forward to you spilling your cerebral goop onto a character sheet for my inspection.

Many thanks for showing an interest.

~Moon~
Last edited by moontear666 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

moontear666
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Dead Don't Sleep

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 pm

HELL YEH! I'm all over this like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm.

Do you have a character sheet for us to use?

And if not, do you prefer realistic pictures, or anime pictures. (Crosses fingers for realistic)
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:54 pm

No character sheet per se but the generic character submission stencil should suffice.

Also, yes.. realistic would be the preferred choice (either art or photo).

Thanks for showing interest. I look forward to it.

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TRUE-ASSASSIN on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:59 pm

This roleplay is very intresting sir...Anyway I have some suggestions.I will tell them by time pass.

TRUE-ASSASSIN
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starbuck on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Question. :)

When will this be taking place? Before, or after the virus is out?
Previously known as PerfectlyBroken.

Starbuck
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:23 pm

@Starbuck after. Once all the serious shit has hit the fan and the world is well and truly FUBAR ;)

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elite-Tiger on Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Oh wow. This is awesome. Looking forward to it.
Just drifting through the waves of life, trying to find the marble in the sand.

Elite-Tiger
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 pm

I am interested about your idea and would like to subscribe to your newsletter dear sir.

...Blah blah blah essentially I'm interested! I'd totally join the ranks of this the moment a character skeleton is released!

Wait, is there going to be a skeleton or will we just fill in the blanks the tab asks?
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiarLiarLiar on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm just going to post here really quickly as my tenth post so that I can PM you back, but uh...
This sounds interesting! I'll revise my character info and get back to you.

LiarLiarLiar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:09 pm

@RedRaine, Yes simply fill in the blank tabs as best you can. If I require anything elaborated I will PM you.

Thanks for showing interest.

@LiarLiarLIar, many thanks, I look forward to seeing your revisions.

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:27 pm

Greetings all,

Take a look at the character section. You will get a nice idea of who you will be standing shoulder to shoulder against hordes of undead with.

I have created 'Mordecai' although at this stage it is not my intention of 'playing' so to speak. I will purely GM to begin with at least.

I had to create a character in my own RP in order to make more OOC threads anyway!

Looking forward to beginning this one. Please see the new 'OOC: Location?' discussion in the meantime. http://www.roleplaygateway.com/location-t57298.html

Regards,

Moon

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Greetings all,

Well, we have officially begun.

You will find a very basic flavour intro to hook each of your characters in. It is very limited because I did not want to dictate where your character will begin, or indeed in what form of shelter or state.

Taking someone's suggestion of 'I am Legend' I have used a very similar broadcast theme to give each of you a reason to be going in the same direction.

The thread can be found here untitled The First Dawn Breaks

Looking forward to seeing where this goes initially, and again, if you require any new locations added etc don't hesitate to PM me or discuss meeting, future events or tie ins with each other in OOC. Create new threads as required.

I hope I can make this enjoyable for you.

Regards,

Moon

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey all,

Don't be afraid to jump right in with your introductory post. It doesn't matter who goes first as you are all starting where you wish. As I said in my post below, I needed to be very basic with my introductory post as I don't know where exactly you are beginning.

Once you submit your starting post I can then begin your tale and set you on your way.

Don't be shy ;)

Regards

Moon

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Alright... I'm just gonna come out and say what a few people are probably thinking: I have no idea where to start! Do I post on the new thread, or in the main body? Please have some patience for the newbie!

I was waiting for someone else to go first and use it as an example, but it got pretty quiet around here in a hurry.
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Hey,

No problem, and please, if I have done something wrong I would rather someone come out and tell me. I am new to running games on RPgateway and so if I am using a format that is not typical then please let me know.

Yes, allow me to explain. As you have expressed the wish to start separately I have created the introductory thread so that you can all start your stories in there. I will then of course create additional places at your request.

My intention is then to obviously follow on from your initial posts and come in to provide you GM steering as normal.

Let me know if you would prefer something else.

I am completely open

Regards,

Moon

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:52 am

Perhaps if we all RP in the main section from the start, but have our character's introductions as the 'prologue'. Moon, if you give us a limit to how long we have to do the prologue before the main plot starts we can all be ready by a certain point.

I think posting anywhere other than the main RP section will be a little too fiddly and unorthodox to be honest.

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:24 am

indeed, that was the intention. You are exactly right. That way you all have a chance to get into your characters skins. Others get to see what your character is like and i can get you some individual experiences before you start meeting up. I don't really want to set a specific limit to introductions so to speak. This will be the main issue with everyone starting in different locations. It may be some time before any player interaction occurs.

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeeviousDemon on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Just to let you lovely people know - I haven't abandoned you, I will post my intro monday or tuesday - very busy at work at the moment.

DeeviousDemon
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jerred Alain on Sun May 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Just so I'm clear, want us to start now? Oh, and will thre be an overarching plot or storyline as things progress to give us some direction?

Ready when you are!

Jerred Alain
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moontear666 on Sun May 01, 2011 4:27 pm

*fires starting pistol* indeed.. I simply await your intros! I have an idea where i want this to go but firstly i will follow your characters and see how they react to certain stimuli ;)

moontear666
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!