Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Death of the RP.

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

What should we do?

Continue on from where we are.
15%
Jump 3 years ahead.
54%
Jump 10-20 years ahead.
31%

Total votes : 13

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:46 pm

I'm going for the 3 years so our characters won't be so old, and we can patch things up that are happening now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:20 am

As much as I'd love to continue from where we are right now, personally I believe that too many of the major players have dropped out. I mean, both the people that were actually causing a threat are gone, Jyotika and TJ. So what's that leave us with? A bunch of people that have weapons that desire nothing but peace. And either way we're going to need a reason to keep the weapons around, which I believe Kiyoshi has solved with the Fre Faction, but like stated above, as good as Kiyoshi is, he isn't a one man army.

So I'm going to go ahead a cast my vote for three years as well. It's not too long a time period so the characters will closer to who they are now than if we jumped 10-20 years. And three years is just long enough for someone of a group to rise up against the peace.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:28 pm

Actually if the 3 year thing is done we do have someone who is going to play a very dangerous threat. Not sure how much I should discuss, but it will be interesting. So it won't all be all my FRE Faction nonsense, for which I am glad.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:24 pm

We do?
That's great. Give a whole new spin and takes some weight off your shoulders as well right? I mean, you're not playing the new threat are you?

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:59 pm

No no. It's not me. Though they are connected to Kiyoshi in some way.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:09 pm

Great, now we're going to force Val to play the guessing game again. And as soon as I get close it'll be "well you're just going to have to wait and see".

I hate waiting Kiyoshi! But I'm sure it'll be worth it if you've planned it.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:26 pm

<_<;

Outnumbered...

zut alors...

you guys are the main players anyway, do what ya feel. ^_~ I'm going to catch up on my reading and hopefully get back into the group during winter vacation, which is in about 2 weeks. Not that anyone misses me or anything. :P

~Don''t get too excited, because then you wouldn't be so dissappointed and let down when it turns out to not be the way you want

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:28 pm

Zut alors.......ha ha ha, that's funny!!!!

Hey come on now, I miss you!

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:56 pm

I haven't planned it, it's just what was talked about between a member and I last night, about how to get the ball rolling again. I only made a few suggestions. Trust me, it'll be good. Furthermore, it'll also leave things open for those who want to have a more peaceful RP than those of us who'd like a little bit more action.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:02 pm

I don't see anyone who wants a peaceful rpg. Seriously. You guys do what is best. >_> Latecomers would just have to scramble.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:48 pm

Wow... If I were RPing and didn't ungracefully leave GW, I'd vote for the 3 year as well. If I ever get any time and am still wanted around here, I might be persauded to come back and post in an RPG that's going on, but.... =/......

Side note: Andeh, Okashiidummy says hi and something else, but I forgot, sorry. :/

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:03 pm

You could go ahead and vote if you want.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:31 pm

Well I think most of the people that do actually participate have cast their votes. I say we wait till either next week or the week after to fully jump ahead 3 years.

Within that time certain loose ends can be tied up. First off, if we are to do this jump, we must decide on the hard facts of what happened in AC 199. If we go with the backstory I proposed, I'm going to have to make some edits. Such as since Iness Hell was recently recovered, Kiyoshi will pilot that (plus that would make the final more significant since well Cloud and Kiyoshi were very close).

If we do want to go with that, I'd like to RP up until the point where the }{G, Caligo Umbra, and Defenders, officially form the Trinity Alliance. This would require someone to RP as the remaining Blace Lowe forces, which I am willing to do if no one else wants to. Though that means I'm going to have to be RP-ing alot. I have to RP as Zach and the rest of the Defenders (since Zach is still away), my people of the L3 Defense Force, Kiyoshi, and possibly the FRE Faction.

Unless everyone just wants to stop and do the three year jump anyway. It's up to everyone else.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karaudu on Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:46 pm

Personally I'd like to do the jump and just make some good posts on what happened. Just big background information posts. That way the transition can be made quickly and before we lose members. but that does mean i'll have maybe 2 or 3 posts to do for the year 199, after the trinity alliance.

Karaudu
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:14 am

WOOT! fast forward three years! man that makes my char... 24! EEK! she's OLD! lol lol I think its a good idea ^__________^

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:31 am

Man Kiyoshi, don't put too much strain on yourself. I'll glady take over some of the rolls if you want me to, I mean the only thing that will change is the ammount of money I get. Not like I have a life that it will hinder or anything.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:02 am

Well if you want to act like one of the followers of Blace Lowe and make it so he rises up and rallies the rest of them together you can.

I think now we're going to do up to the funeral for Kaden, just cause a certain someone wants to RP one last time. Then it's probably jump time.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:20 am

I've got everything done that I need to have done for the Caligo Umbra and it's members to be melded into the Trinity Alliance. And I've got the characters worked out as well.

As a result of the fighting Val will end up becoming more cold towards people in general, save for maybe 2 or 3 and will spend almost every waking hour training to become a better fighter and pilot. He also develops a sever hatred for the FRE-Faction as a result of them dropping the colony. As Val hates the pointless sacrifice of soldiers and especially civilians, he took this as a person insult.

Takimi will have learned to accept her freedom as a gift and not something new a frightening. She;ll have finally adapted to a "normal" life during that time and has become the mother of Val's child (yet to be named but will be maybe 2 years old). Takimi, though originally reluctant to let Val go, began supporting him once the colony had been dropped on her original home.

James, having finally finished the Hyperion, will be stationed with the Trinity Alliance mechanics where ever the main base where the Mobile Suits, Gundams, and ships will be stored.

Lina, having a broken heart over losing Val will have found comfort in the arms of James and the two got married shorty after the formation of the Trinity Alliance. Lina, along with her husband will also end up being stationed where ever the most Mobile suits will end up being held.

Zel, seeing as I only used him twice, will have died when the colony was dropped as he was in Asia keeping track of things (Well that's where he was supposed to be, but I never got around to putting him there, as seeing as I only used him twice, I see no reason to keep him around. So, sorry Zel, but you're officially dead).

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:01 pm

Kiyoshi Kazami- During the final battle "The Battle of Heaven's Light" Kiyoshi fights Commander Harrison of the FRE Faction using Cloud's old Gundam Iness Hell. The battle is long and difficult but Kiyoshi does manage to beat Harrison. The Iness Hell is badly damaged and most of it's systems begin to fail (partly from the battle, another reason being from the rushed job to get the Gundam in service again), pulled into Earth's gravity well, most of the mobile suit is destroyed from the ride through the atmosphere. Later located by the Trinity Alliance in the North American desert, the suit was near completly totalled, though no body of the pilot was found. The Trinity Alliance issued a statement that Kiyoshi Kazami died in the Battle of Heaven's Light.

Commander Han Richards - Unable to pilot a mobile suit for most of the remainder of the war, Han took the job as Acting Captain on the Pegasus. This allowed Kiyoshi to be more focused on giving orders to the mobile suit teams within the battle. Though, during the Battle of Heaven's Light, Han did return to pilot the recovered Tallgeese II that had been upgraded on the Pegasus. After the battle was over and won, Han Richards was made Captain of the new warship Rysen.

Ensign Eota Mars and Ensign Base Rynolds - Eota and Base piloted the two Gundam Cygnus units in the last battle of the War of AC 199. Become skilled pilots, they were advanced to the rank of Leutinant. The two joined up with Captain Han when he formed the Vangaurd Prime (named after their former home L3 Prime), to be the third leg of the Trinity Alliance after the }{G disbanded.

Stacy Matta - Stacy Matta became part of the group of mechanics to help service and/or design the mobile suits for the Trinity Alliance. After the war, she also joined the Vangaurd Prime.

Lisa Nichruen - Married Han soon after the war was over and had his child, Aaron Richards. The two live happilly on the Rysen after the war is over.

L3 Defense Force - The L3 Defense Force was renamed the Vangaurd Prime, and became active in trying to prevent or sabotage any FRE Faction actions within the Earth sphere. Captain Han Richards is the leader of the small group, which is considered to be space pirates.

Lord Raphael Winson - Controlling not only L3 but now the L4 colony clusters at the end of the war, Winson hoped to spread his power and ideology through out the rest of the colonies. He has found it difficult to gain power in L1 and L2, but is slowly gaining support within L5.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:00 pm

Whatever the outcome, it'd be nice to have a full list of our core (you guys), and what everyone's final opinions are.

I'm on Google Talk ( eric.martindale ) unless I am not at the house or work, which is almost always.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.