Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Demon Seeker (Open Fantasy RP)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Demon Seeker (Open Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:04 pm

As the man came down in a furious rage toward Will, he braced himself to try and deflect this attack. Will had only about a half second to prepare, because the man and his sword were only a few feet from him. Will twirled and swung his sword up towards the man's blade, knocking the point of the sword away from himself. The blade did manage to cut Will's hand though, and Will felt the dark energy surging through the blade. 'Forged by a demon? Maybe it contains demon blood, or just dark magick? Whatever it is, that's no normal sword.' Will thought to himself as he turned to face his foe, who was now on the ground like him. He'd taken several hits to his wings, perhaps he'd lose that advantage for a bit.

"Why do you attack me? What in the Nine Hells did I do to you?! If anything, *I* Should be the one with the attitude, you ruined my night!" Will exclaimed as he took a defensive stance, not sure whether the fight would continue with this fellow dark one...
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:50 pm

"Tsk tsk... Aglacea said standing up and turning around. "Foolish bard, did you not just ask if I had the stones to test my mettle? I merely obliged you, fool." He stood there and flapped his wings a bit, he didn't take off, just caused a small wind. "Your tale of righteousness earlier, was for lack of a better word, utter trash and untrue." He said insulting the bard. "The best thing that will ever escape your lips, will be the cry of your death when blade runs you through." Noting the bards definsive position, Aglacea proceeded with caution. Moving in quickly, he thrusted his sword foreward. With his left leg, he fell to his knee, stopping the thrust short, and turning it into a horizontal slash toward the bard's gut.
Theme of my life: Can't Tell Me Nothing
VMy Love made me thisV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:07 am

(Someone tell me how to delete please) XD I fell like an idiot. (Btw, clearing the post doesn't work)
On my second post I have a delete option. On this one I do not. I don't get it. XD
Last edited by Lithitemir on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Clerics of Okern - Looking for High Quality Players: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-clerics-okern-t25520.html

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:15 am

As the man came upon Will and dropped down to get a upward shot at his gut, Will quickly parried, causing the other half-demon's blade to barely miss it's mark. Will jumped back, retrieved his shield from his back and said, "Aye, but only after you nearly killed me and my love in the fire you started! And tale of righteousness? My friend, you are not accustomed to bards at all!" Will ran forward shield first, and let out a short, mostly antagonizing strike at the man. Will side-stepped after his taunting swing, and backed a few feet away from him again. "I merely sing songs to entertain my crowd! You truly are a judgemental imbecil, for you do not know me. To say I spout righteousness would be a tragic misunderstanding! I know what you are, it's clearly evident from your wings, but I can see that you are far from angelic! Truly, you and I are of the same kind." Will then sheathed his sword, and in perhaps a foolish move to prove to this man that they were of a kin, he showed his powers.

Will spread his arms a bit, and let the demon fire in his veins manifest itself on his hands. The flames lightly played up his fore-arms too, and Will then let out a small wave of terror. Human eyes would not see the energy, they'd only feel the strike of fear. But this man, being of the same kind, would see the dark energy flowing out of Will. A nearby peasant all of a sudden started screaming, and ran away from Will. Will peered at the frightened man, then turned his eyes back to the winged figure, so he could see the slight red glowing in his eyes. "See, my friend? We're not so different, you and I. Now, shall we continue our duel, or perhaps you might join me? I can promise you a fair helping of gold at the end of this journey I'm on, should you choose to come.." Will was still ready for combat, and should the man make any violent movemeants, Will would have his sword back out in an instant..

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:49 am

OOC: Guards should be appearing soon. The events that have just occured, have happened in a very quick manner, perhaps 5 minutes. If guards were there, I'm sure they'd be on their way there now. But they would probably be trying to save people from the fire, then turning attention to us or really, me.

Ic: Aglacea

Taking the blunt of his attack. It was more so to see if the man would try to strike him down. He Backed off, and side stepped, as did Aglacea. It would appear that they had made it look as if it were a dance. Li8stening to the words of the bard, Aglacea replied." Ah...never did I say your tale was something you personally believed. It may have been for the entertainment of your so called, 'crowd'. But needless to say, I just didn't like it." Aglacea said in a cocky like tone. Listening on, the man said he was of kin. "Hmph, half demon perhaps, but none are my 'kin'." He thought to himself.

As the Bard showed off his demonic aura. He chuckled slightly at the frightened man. Then listened on as the bard continue to ramble on about something or the other.

"Join...you?" He said holding back laughter. "True, you may be of demon heritage, but we are not alike. You may have the power of Hellfire indeed, but...Chaos, is something unique to me. The blood of a demon runs through me, as does the holy blood of a priestess. I am the future of this world." He said. His left eye turned pitch black, and his right eye turned pure white. "Holy, and the power of the dark are at my disposal." He extended his hand." Perhaps you, should join me?"

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:03 am

OOC: I'd say that the guards are basically gonna leave the two of us alone, considering you're a winged man shooting fire, and my character's just loveable :P. Haha but no, the guards are basically trying to save people and put out the fire, but they ain't messin' with the winged dude!

IC: The man merely patted Will's offer aside, and countered with his own offer of an alliance, though on his terms. While doing so, he showed off his truly unique heritage, that of Black and White. Will had never met a being like this man before, a true fifty fifty split between Holy and Evil heritage. Will had his own mission, his own mind-set, his own everything; he was not the type to join someone else on their quest, especially at a time such as now.

"As much as I'd love to follow such a unique being such as yourself," Will started, "I am not the type to be under someone else. I have my own quest, that I MUST pursue. To me it means the world, and quite literally it could BECOME my world, though I don't know for sure yet. Alot of mysteries I've yet to uncover, indeed. Perhaps at a later date I would be willing to follow you and write songs of your, and our, exploits. But no, my fellow, I will not follow you. If we are done, I think that I will be leaving here now. We've destroyed the damn Inn, so there's not a good bed to sleep on tonight. Me and mine may as well carry on." Will lowered his arms, and kept his shield on, waiting to see if he would be forced to continue this strenuous combat or if he could perhaps move on with his journey..

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:12 am

Nyx kept to the shadows, in an alley across from the fierce flames that the half-blood had produced. He scowled at the sword the winged one wield. It was a demonic weapon, but forged by a half-blood, a mockery of the relics he sought after. From his distance, Nyx could not hear the half-bloods conversation in its entirety. But what he could hear intrigued him. A soul that was both holy, and unholy at the same time. Much like his quest for holy and unholy artefacts. The wingless half-blood seemed more approachable however. Nyx would watch him, and see whether or not the half-bloods cause, could further his own.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:47 pm

Ivan, seeing that Will had business with the demon, or half-demon, or whatever he was, had decided to aid the guards in evacuating the building over the next few minutes. It was arduous work, and he was covered in soot and blood and dirt, but in the end, everyone who still drew breath was out. Now, he would tend to the demon.

Ivan unslung the polyruna from his back and carefully worked his way through the crowds to where Will and the winged man stared each other down. Will had sheathed his sword, and now made strange gestures in the air. The other merely smiled, but people cowered and fled around them. Ivan himself felt a cold chill run down his spine, but he was made of sterner stuff.

Will talked of adventure and quests, and both offered the other an opportunity to join them. Both declined each other's offer. Ivan thought Will crazy trying to make an alliance with such an obviously evil person. Ivan was no saint, but this winged man...

Ivan shouldered the polyruna as the two stared at one another again, prepared to fire if the half-demon so much as stepped towards Will.
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:30 am

(OOC:) Sorry for the slow post, lifes a bitch when you gotta work. :P

IC: ARIANA

Ariana had followed Will out of the bar as the fire had erupted. She was scared but not frightened, the fear was directed towards her lovers saftey. She stayed close at his heals as they exited. Then he stoped and as he noticed so did she, the winged man in the air. *God damn demonling piece of shit!* Ariana thought to herself. *this could get very ugly.* She looked around frantically for something that could help the situation. The winged asshole had just began taunting Will. *shit! just what i thought* they began to fight and all ariana could do was back up and watch and pray. She waited as they had a small amount of combat. Then they began to talk... Ariana couldnt hear exactly waht went on but as Will began to speak she walked toward them. "...But no, my fellow, I will not follow you. If we are done, I think that I will be leaving here now. We've destroyed the damn Inn, so there's not a good bed to sleep on tonight. Me and mine may as well carry on." *NO INN! NO BATH! GODDESS ALMIGHTY!!!* Ariana was very upset but held her tounge, she would not ruin this good hearted exit if possible. she stood her ground behind Will trying to show her support and aligence to him... Now they waited on the demons move...
To lie is to sleep, to sleep is to die. So where must one lie to sleep without death...

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:41 pm

"I suppose we can let this go for now....but you will kneel to me, as will the world one day." He let down all defenses and set his sword in it's sheathe on his hip. He smirked to Ariana. "Best be prepared to watch him die, if we meet again." He said.

Extending his wings, with a great flap of his wings, he was off, into the air. He knew he needed to continue with his priorities. "First, the kingdom to the north." He thought flying off into the night, leaving the inn burning.

He landed on the mountains near by. He couldn't make it all the way north. His wings were damaged by that foolish mans darts. But, he saved himself a climb up a mountain. He began to walk the summit, and set up a small camp for himself to rest at the peak. He would make his way down in the morning.

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:57 am

Orukai had just entered an Inn on the opposite side of the commotion in the town. Walking up to the Inn keeper who seemed to be caught up in calming the customers he asked;

"A room for tonight please."
The Inn keeper turned from what she was doing, flashed a smile and took a key out of his chain of keys. Passing it to Orukai she winked and said;
"Room 12 on the top floor. Would you like something else with that? Like company or some food?"
"I could use some food. And, in the case, I need something else, I'll come straight to you." He smiled a warm and thankful smile and walked up the steps to his room. As he was walking he heard many voices from the rooms. They were all different, all suggesting what was going on behind closed doors. Yet one really pricked his interest. As he walked by he heard the words, "Inn" and "Fire". He slowed down and listened more.

"...Aye! There were two people fighting outside it aswell! One was a winged demon angel thingy!"
"What?!" Said the other person "A DEMON ANGEL?! Is that even possible?!"
"Seem's so"
"Are you sure you're telling me the truth? I wouldn't want to be lied too"
"I'm not lieing at all to you! This is the truth"

That was enough for Orukai. Time to check this out for himself. He walked up to his room and deposited his items. Yet he donned his armour and his Mace. He looked at his mace. It had once, along with his armour, had been inscribed with the logo of the Order Of Light. A closed fist with a gold star around it. But now. It was changed. A black flame surrounded with a white diamond, it symbolized what Orukai believed. He shook his head and walked out of his room and locked it. Walking down into the common room, his armour drew many stares. Even the Inn keeper's pretty young face was shocked, yet intrigued. He walked out of the Inn door before questions were asked. He walked to where the commotion was building and walked onto the scene...

Okutai
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:49 pm

Will watched as the winged man flew away, until he could no longer see him in the darkened sky. He looked around him, and asked Ariana if she was alright. She nodded to him, and Will then turned his attention to Ivan. "My friend, are you alright? And I must say that Catherin is indeed a deadly beauty." Will said with a smile. Will sheathed his sword and put his shield on his back, but a man caught his attention. A man in dark robes, just across the way from them and the burning inn, was standing there watching them. "Hail!" Will hollered to the man, looking at him, "Be you friend or foe?" Will let his hand rest comfortably on the hilt of his sword, to show that his friendliness was accompanied by caution, an understandable thing considering the recent events. As Will waited for a response, he also saw a man, who looked to be a knight by his composure and armour, walk into the immediate area. 'By the gods, these souls best be friendly, because I'm not up for another fight tonight...' Will thought to himself as he gave the armoured man a look, that showed Will knew he was there, and that Will'd provide no problems so long as he didn't...

OOC: Sorry about taking so long to respond, issues with access to my computer right now along with work :(.

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:07 pm

Nyx seperated himself from the shadows when he was addressed by the wingless half-demon. He moved foreward, allowing the firelight to illuminate the half of his face that wasn't covered by his mask. He held his arms slightly out and turned his palms up, showing empty hands.

"That depends Drifter," Nyx called out to him, "What do you consider a foe?" Nyx crossed one hand into his robe, and let the other fall to his side. The hand in his robe found a pouch, and Nyx felt dried leaves between his fingers, "I do not consider my-self one, but you may."

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:47 pm

They are too cautious

Orukai took a step forward, not touching his mace.

"I am neither friend or foe. I am just an innocent onlooker." A smile touched his lips. He looked across at the man who had put his hands in his pocket.

"Why so cautious? I mean no harm. I was interested in this battle going on. It's a shame I missed it."

He looked around at some of the wounded. He frowned at one old man's gapping cut across his leg. " This just won't do..." He walked over to the old man. The man looked up with pained eyes. Orukai knelt low and placed his hand over the wound. " do not be afraid elder. I will not hurt you" He concentrated his will on the light and brang it gushing out into the wound.

The old man gasped, but didn't move and his eye's widened when Orukai removed his hand. The once bleeding cut, had now dissapeared wiht only the small trace of a scar to show that it had ever been there.

Okutai
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:48 pm

Ivan lowered the polyruna as the demon took to the sky, and breathed a sigh of relief. He glanced around to get a grasp on the situation again, but it seemed it was over. The fire had largely died out, but the inn was a smoldering ruin. Sad, he thought. It was a charming little place.

He turned back to Will. "I'm fine, thank you. I trust you are not wounded?" Will assured him he was alright, sheathed his sword, and went to walk away, probably to talk more to his lover, but something caught his eye and he went off the other way. Ivan's eyes followed. A man, clad in black robes, like some dark sorcerer, awaited him. A bolt of distrust found its way to his hands, and he nearly aimed it at the man, but he decided that if the man be foe, Will could handle himself.

Instead, he decided that he should find different lodging for the night, unless he fancied staying in the ashes, which he didn't. A quick search led him to the innkeep, who was by this point an emotional wreck because he had lost his livelihood, and he was able to manage enough to tell Ivan where the other inn was. He thanked the man and went to leave, but he caught Will's eye from across the street, who gestured subtly to a heavily-armed and armored man with his head. Ivan nodded and trailed him.

He could understand Will's anxiety about every person that entered the area. A being that powerful likely had henchman, and anyone was suspect. He watched the knight carefully, but he seemed innocent enough, as he went to work healing an old man. He turned back to Will, who had finished talking to the robed person, and gave an "okay" sign. Will nodded.

Ivan let out a deep breath. It seemed that it was over for tonight.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:50 pm

Will eyed the robed man steadily, and said, "Aye, if you've no grudge against me, or a reason for me to draw my own weapons, you're atleast no foe." Will then turned and looked at the knight, who had adressed himself as neither, and was healing a wounded man. "And you didn't miss a whole lot, healer. A quick tit for tat with the winged one was all that happened." Will eyed the knight a bit more, then looked at the sorcerer again. Will then said aloud, "I'm actually in need of friends, rather than foes right now. I would have preferred to speak of this over a hot meal and drinks for any prospective allies, but alas that shall not happen now. But, indeed, I need able bodied adventurers to accompany me on a quest. And no, I shall not ask you to do it merely out of the kindness of your heart, there is a good bit of treasure to be had. That is, to all who accompany me..." Will stopped for a second, to catch his breath, before continueing, "If any are interested, let me know now, and perhaps we can discuss the details at the other inn.." Will then walked over to Ivan, and clapped him on the shoulder. "And my friend, I thank you for your assistance earlier. Had he been able to fly circles easily around me, I may not've come out in good health. Thank you, and I'd be more than happy to have you accompany me, if you should choose to do so."

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:50 pm

"I could be interested." Nyx said following the Half-Demon, "Of course, I will need to know details before I make any choices."

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:13 am

An alliance? This could prove to my helping. Maybe.

"I'll need more details, before I join you. Come. Let us go to the Inn I am currently staying in."

He walked to where he came from and beckoned them.

Okutai
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Excaliburnus on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Elsewhere in the city...

The handler sent by the Burned Temple was a plump, round-faced man with rosey cheeks and a wiry copper moustache wearing a bright red doublet with a yellow candle stitched onto it's breast and a pair of white felt trousers. Elzce found him just where he was told to look, beneath the open maw of a stone archway, in this busy city, here in lands far from home, which for Elzce only existed now as a fond yet bittered memory. The rotund man was quick to spot the conspicuously dressed exarch who was dressed in the ornate and regal fashion that those of his faith often embellished themselves in with their great pecunity. The seedy black eyes of the handler looked at him with a humbled glimmering. "Warmest greetings, your grace..." he tittered with a broad smile, illuminated by a mouth full of attended, white teeth before it twisted awry into a more confused expression. "I was told to expect two of you. His Papal Emminence's word of your coming arrived just two nights yestereve. Beg your pardon, you're the exarch ix Kittarn, yes?"

It had been near six tendays since Elzce had headed out from the theocratic kingdom of his birth. He had left with his long-time mentor, the high exarch Jurade ix Phrexes. They crossed two realms together, but now in the land where their instruction was intended, only the pupil remained. "And to yourself, sir." came the soft reply from Elzce's lips. "Yes, I am the exarch..." from there any warmth on Elzce's expressions had faded along with the contact's mirth. "It troubles me to admit that the high exarch didn't make it. We encountered a befouling spawn of the darkest planes, and I truly thought Jurade had it beaten, but..." his voice broke and for a moment his blonde-haired head sagged mournfully.

The handler looked upon the pecunitously dressed official of the Burned One's faith, the dominant religion of the realm both of them shared as a common origin. His look told first of denegation and then remorse. "That is most tragic; you have my sincerest condolences, exarch, I understand you were close. The demon..., the one who slew Jurade, what of it?" Elzce's response was prompt and dismissive. "Bound to the Burned God. No longer of concern." And though the exarch knew that his assigned handler would been wondering on the answers to more questions, he managed to avoid anymore talk of it by changing the subject. "I trust you've found me lodgings by now. I shall want my solace soon, and I will need you to send a letter back of the high exarch's demise as well. I'll be fulfilling Burned One's mandamus, alone if need be." Though if that served to reassure the handler, he gave no such indication. For his lone arrival and the death of his mentor gave the handler some unsettling supsicions. Yet for all he did not show it, and his next words were; "Very well, the inn is this way, your grace."

After Elzce had arrived, his handler had slipped him to key to his room before vanishing to deal with other affairs of the Burned One, so he claimed. There he left the highborn exarch, standing. Yet now he sat in a velvet chair with downy padding and arm rests of lacquered chair, adjacent to the open hearth, where the flames danced salubriously in erratic chaos. With the rest of the room attending drinks and conversation, though, Elzce wasn't surprised that no one had yet noticed the unusual activity; people's ignorance could be baffling at times... ~Yes,~ came the disembodied, wisp of the voice. ~the snake sent for you by the temple has no faith. Be wary of him, Elzce.~ If anyone else heard the silent call, they gave no indication. Nobody ever did. His throat was thirsty, yet it was sometime before he rose to have himself fixed a drink of pilsner; the flames had much and more to say tonight.
Just listen to it, a voice so true inside calling to pick you up and march you on.
Keep from falling, let go your sorrow, sun will shine, this I promise rising tommorow.
Hear me now, I'm taking back the control of my life from societies hold.
I vow, no more will I be a slave, rise to challenge the whole human race.
My spirit you cannot break.

Excaliburnus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:52 pm

Woops, double post.
Last edited by HorusTheHeretic on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.