Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! »

Players Wanted: Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! »

The Demon Seeker (Open Fantasy RP)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Demon Seeker (Open Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:53 pm

(Jeez, my characters is a geezer compared to you guys! None of you are even in your thirties yet! :lol: )

"Hmmm... This is the same quest you wished the demon to join, I presume?" Ivan asked. Will nodded. "Well, my original intent was to travel abroad to test Cathy against the monsters of the uncivilized world, but to tell the truth, I was, you could say, wandering aimlessly. I suppose that I may as well travel with someone who knows where they are going."

"Plus, there is safety in numbers, and good company to be had." Ivan stood up straighter. "I will travel with you, William. You have my support."

The knight approached Will, and Ivan stepped back to allow him to speak to him.
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:14 pm

OOC: Haha maybe I should start calling you grandpa! Or Papa Ivan ;). But just think, you're not OLD... You're the voice of experience and reason, and of graying hairs :P. Oh, and I don't mean to God-Mod, and if this is an isssue I'll gladly change it, but I had my character formally introduce himself to your characters, Okutai and Lith, and I had your characters merely tell me their names. I only did this so that when I took us to the inn, and discussed the quest, I wouldn't be talking to nameless people. LIke I said, if there's any issue, I can change it.

IC: Will listened as the sorcerer and the knight said they'd need more details, and Will understood completely. Ivan voiced his support of Will's quest, whatever it may be, and Will shook his hand. "Thank you Ivan, I promise that you'll not be disappointed, either in opportunity to test the limits of Cathy, or in monetary compensation." Will turned and looked at the small group and said, "Yes, let us make our way to the other Inn. By the way, my name is Will, what do the two of you call yourselves?" The sorcerer was the first to speak and said, "I am called Nyx. A pleasure." After him, the knight said, "And I am Orukai." Will smiled as he said, "Well thank you, Nyx and Sir Orukai, for coming with me to hear about my plight. Come, let's go, I could use a drink." And with that, they set out toward the other side of Reddendale.

A few minutes later, after traversing the streets of the town, they arrived at the other Inn. Will didn't even bother looking at what the Inn was called, he wanted a drink and some food. He burst through the door first, with the band behind him in tow, and sat down at a table with more than enough chairs to seat them all. Will sat, with Ariana next to him, as Ivan, Nyx and Orukai sat on the other sides of the table. Will got the attention of a nearby bar-maid and said, "Excuse me miss, can I get a glass of wine? Some Demon-Heart or Dragon's Blood if you have it, if not, something easy drinking and red. And whatever else they want. Also, I'll be ordering some food in a bit, so don't be a stranger." And with that, the waitress took the drink orders of the others and was off.

"Ah, well my friends, now that we're here, it's high time we got down to business. As you all know, I'm on a quest, and I need able people to accompany me. As Ivan said, there's safety in numbers. But to understand why I'm doing what I'm doing, I need to explain a bit about myself first." Will stopped, as the waitress set his and the others' drinks down. Will took a drink of his wine, a local brew no doubt, but still good. "Anyways," Will said, leaning his head in closer to the rest of them, "If you can't feel my life energy, as I'm sure the sorcerer can, I am a half demon. My mother was human, and it was against her will. That's really all there is to tell of that story, right now. I never knew who my father was, and neither did anyone else really. But, undoubtedly, he was a Demon lord of some measure of power atleast. He was known to lead bands, even armies, in the mortal worlds. For years, I wandered aimlessly, trying to discover myself and more of my father on my own. But just recently, a man told me of something that may help me in my cause. He told me of a great treasure, of gold and gems and magical items, protected by a necromancer, who's a hermit of sorts. Along with all these great golden pretties, is a relic that I'm after. It is said, that this relic, whatever it is, contains the spirit of the necromancers' old master, a very powerful necromancer and speaker to the various Planes in his life. They say you can ask him any question, and he will give you a truthful answer. That, is what I'm after. Other than that and a few coins to fill my small pockets, the rest will be yours to divide up as you see fit. Plenty of gold and gems, along with a plethora of magickal items to choose from. That will be your reward, my friends, should you choose to come with me. So, what say you all?" Will took another drink of his wine, and waited to see how they'd respond, whether they'd agree outright or if they'd perhaps have more questions...
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:13 pm

As he listened to Will, Nyx sprinkled some of the leaves he had found in his pouch earlier, into the water he had ordered. The water turned yellowish, as the leaves seemed to dissolve. Nyx sniffed it, then, satisfied, took a gulp, and returned the glass to the table. By this time, Will had finished his speech, and Nyx began to talk, "A lone necomrancer who guards a treasure that vast cannot be a push over, and I doubt he would hand it over willingly. Do you know his name? Perhaps one of us will recognise it, and we will know more about whom we will have in our way." The idea of many magical items did not appeal to Nyx, and he had no need for trinkets. But there was a small chance that an artefact could be held with them, and he had already made his mind up, he would accompany Will. There was also the matter of the Truthful Necomrancer, a legend he had heard before, but was never able to find any hard facts on. Speaking with that Necomrancer would greatly help Nyx in his own quest...
The Clerics of Okern - Looking for High Quality Players: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-clerics-okern-t25520.html

Lithitemir
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:20 pm

The quest didn't appeal to Orukai. Nor did the treasures. But when he heard of an able'd Necromancer...
I could TRULY master the dark arts... and put it into my power...

A smile touched on his lips as he heard the rest of Will's story.

"Well. I must say Will. You have piped my interest. I will follow you. However, when I get to the place I need to stop and fufill my own destiny, I will. After that, do not expect any help form me. " He took a swig of his drink. His face turned serious again. "This no doubt, danger involved. Can you give me any indication on what?"

Okutai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:20 pm

Ivan wiped his mouth with his sleeve after taking a huge gulp of his fresh beer. He raised the mug slightly to Will to thank him. "Well, you know you have my allegiance." That was all that needed to be said. He nodded approvingly as Will extended the invitation to Nyx, but a chill went down his spine as he offered to Orukai.

He glanced sideways at the knight, but he didn't notice. Something about him didn't sit right with Ivan. He had an air of... menace about him, but it was completely belied by his actions, which only complicated things further. Ivan shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. After some consideration, he chocked it up to paranoia, thinking of the ordeal only a few minutes earlier. Still, that didn't explain why he didn't feel the same about the mage.

The two began to ask questions about the journey, but Ivan already knew all he needed. He liked the boy well enough, and it would certainly give him ample opportunity to test Cathy out. His decision was made.

Then, Orukai explained that he was only in it for himself, and that he would not help after he had gained what he wanted. So unpaladin-like. That settled it. Ivan did not trust this paladin, and would not until he gave him reason to.

Ivan sank into his chair slightly, his face pulling partially into shadow, and growled quietly, a sound so deep it shook the mug in front of him. He would keep a watchful eye on the knight, whether Will and Ari did or not. He wrapped his thick fingers around the axe on his leg, though he did not plan to use it anytime soon. Caution was the name of the game from now on.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Excaliburnus on Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:19 am

Elzce didn't speak back to the voice that crawled out from the cinders of the hearth, that silent voice that only those his God willed could hear. It was common sense; he didn't want to illicit odd looks from people who cared to notice a lone wayfarer in a bright crimson cloak talking to himself. But the exarch listened on attentively to the calls of his deity. ~Elzce,~ it said in that inscrutable wail ~Jurade's murder was opprobrius, foul. The favor of that devil is significant to me, but the rest of my servitors will not understand.~ Indeed, Elzce had his regrets about having to betray his mentor, who was invincible if the rumors could be believed. Perhaps it was so at a time, but only if the Burned God had allowed it. And the Burned God had allowed Elzce's knife to plunge through the high exarch's skin and seize his fate. They will not know, thought Elzce, they will have no proof to condemn me. ~Ah, but they will suspect; say you outlawry, make your head the next mandamus.~ Elzce could feel the heat rush through his arms, feel his face begin to heat up. No, no, no! "It cannot be." Elzce stammered alloud, forgetting the nature of his company. It was you who commanded that I stop Jurade's meddling. I did it for you! He wanted to scream. He was seething before he realized it.

~Do not be so WEAK, Elzce. You have come down a long road, and this shall not be the end.~ In that moment, Elzce relocated himself, his mellow demeanor. Why can't you tell them it was your will? Why can't you lie? How could his God betray him like that, betray him just as he betrayed Jurade? ~Don't be so pettish,~ Said the Burned One via the dancing flames. ~Last I checked, little Elzce, you were whom served me, not I you. You must be patient and you must have faith.~ Hapless to the words of his God, Elzce released a sigh and let a hand slip over the smooth, polished black links of his chainmail shirt. That was when the door opened and a group of companions entered the inn.

Some were quiet while others spoke softly amongst themselves, bringing themselves closer to a table. There was something odd about the group, though perhaps it might've just been the usual skepticism that accompanied unfamiliar faces. Elzce's golden eyes glanced a the party, not as individuals, but as a whole and only quickly before his thoughts returned to his God. What would you- Elzce began to formulate the sentence in his mind, but before he could finish, the Burned One had jarred him from his question. ~WAIT.~ It bade him in it's disembodied call. Then Elzce could hear their voices, speaking only a couple feet from him, and too loud for confidentiality amongst themselves. ~Listen...~ the whisper cooed, quieter now, and Elzce opened his ears to the verbal windfall.

The things they spoke of; gold, vessels of magical power, even that final artifact piqued his interest. And it seemed he wasn't the only one listening. ~The treasure,... need I express the uses of it? And the items as well, especially that 'artifact' he speaks of. You might have to help them and burn away some of the necromancer's fellspawn minions, but I shall give you my aid. I do so hate vile undeath." The decisions were made, both Elzce and his astral master in that moment came to an agreement. Elzce would accompany them, offer them his succor, his prowess, if they needed it. It was the means to the end. But the voice, his God, would be his secret.

The exarch arose, and it was a short walk around his chair and a little thensome to arrive at the table. Between the other voices offering their allegience, Elzce found space for introduction. "My pardons, gentlemen and lady, but I couldn't help overhearing your conversation. I'll help you in your quest, if you'll have me." The exarch wrapped in a fine, scarlet cloak with beautiful golden lace designs and a glorious shirt of polished chainmail stood over their table, hungry for an answer.
Last edited by Excaliburnus on Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just listen to it, a voice so true inside calling to pick you up and march you on.
Keep from falling, let go your sorrow, sun will shine, this I promise rising tommorow.
Hear me now, I'm taking back the control of my life from societies hold.
I vow, no more will I be a slave, rise to challenge the whole human race.
My spirit you cannot break.

Excaliburnus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Aglacea couldn't help but wonder the Bard's quest could have been. "It matters not, I will not allow that man, or any who accompany him to live." He said as he rested his wings up. As he sat on that mountain, he went into deep meditation. An aura formed around him. He knew that he was just putting up a small wall of energy for now. He sent his being far and wide, looking for his objectives. The leaders of the world.

To each ruler, he sent a various image, one of an angel coming to their aid, a false prophecy. He showed the angel to be, none other than he himself, and in these images, he told the kings to take him coming as a blessing. Making the kings feel divine, was the first phase in his plan for dominence. The images all showed them, death and destruction, unless they listened to the 'Angel'.

After he sent those dreams the the kings. He sttod there. For some reason, that Bard had got under Aglacea's skin. So did that man who shot his wings. He now was quite the curious one. Almost curious enough to go back and see what he had to offer. "No, there are bigger things here at work. Kingdoms to be conquered, and Gods that need to be hushed." He thought to himself. "But if we meet again...I will make certain to know what he quests for."
Theme of my life: Can't Tell Me Nothing
VMy Love made me thisV

Mr. Devious
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:41 pm

Will listened to the others ask their questions and have their say. With another sip of his wine, Will first adressed Nyx's questions. "Nay, I know not the name of the Necromancer, but I've heard that he is undoubtedly a runester of some measure of power. I can say with little doubt that he's crafted minions, so they will be in our way, along with the dark mage's powers as well."

Will then turned to Orukai, and with a smaller smile adressed him as well. "Well, as I said I do not expect any of you to do this out of the kindness of your heart, and if you wish to leave after we fulfill my quest, by all means do so. And as I already explained, the dangers are the mage and his minions, along with anything we encounter on the journey there. It will take several weeks of walking, 'tis fairly far to the south from here."

Will then raised his glass to Ivan, who reaffirmed his allegiance to Will, along with the others who'd pledged to help. As Will was about to call luck and fortune to the party, they were interrupted by a man in scarlet robes, with various wires of gold woven throughout. The man said to them, "My pardons, gentlemen and lady, but I couldn't help overhearing your conversation. I'll help you in your quest, if you'll have me." Will looked him up and down, and could feel a sort of presence in the man. Whether he was of the light or dark, however, Will could not tell. But the essence piqued his interest, and Will extended an invitation to the man. "Well wanderer, have a seat. Introduce yourself and tell me of what you can offer to this humble party of adventurers.." Will smiled as he said this, to let the man know of Will's benevolent nature, so long as he didn't give him reason to raise his guard to high-alert. As Will waited, he stopped another waitress, and told her to take his order as well.

Axle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:56 am

As the man offered his services, Orukai became suspicious. There was something about this man. Something he couldn't tell. He'll need to keep an eye on him. Very cloesly.

Okutai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:14 pm

OOC: I am so so so so sorry for my long exteneded absence. My computer has decided it hates me and i've been working and not able to get to another one. I will, however, be getting a new laptop soon, the most 3 weeks, and will be posting on an everyday basis. :) thank you all for your patience.
OOC2: And if anyone see's that Will is goding my character, that is totally fine he is a dear friend and as such can be me in my absence. Thanks again

IC:
Ariana had sat quietly threw out this long process. Acting as Will's shadow threw the night. She may have been an outspoken women but she knew when to keep her peace to itself. Watching and observing these new "adventurers" was very intriguing. The one called Nyx seemed well enough, she had watched him put a small pinch of leaves in his drink before speaking and found him to be an honest auraed man. But the other two made her mind itch. The knight, Orukai, was very interesting indeed... The back of her mind itched with knowladge she couldnt pull forward. The aromor looked familiar but yet forigne... She sighed to herself. *Frustration creates a mind full of blockades.* she reminded herself. She turned her attention to the silent new comer. He made all her warning senses go up on high alert.
"Excuse my abnormal silence. I am Ariana. I have been observing and processing all of you. I have a few questions of my own." She sat up straigheter. "You sir... what is your purpose to this quest.... I am an honest one and you have come here uninvited and it wares on my senses...." She was usually more polite, well in actuallity she just usually didnt say her rudness to any but Will, but this man was not right and she felt the unease of the group at his entrance. She reached over and put a loving hand on Will's leg. Silently in her mind she sent him a loving message. I love you soulmate. She smiled as her looked over to her, hearing her silent call to his mind. Turning her attention back to the group she took a long gulp of the red wine they had recieved and liked the remainder from her lips. She loved her spirits but she was carefull at a time like now.

OOC: sorry if that was long i havnt posted in a while and wanted to be fully back in the game. thanks all
To lie is to sleep, to sleep is to die. So where must one lie to sleep without death...

LiL_KK
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Excaliburnus on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:54 pm

The priest Elzce was greeted both with goodtides and skeptical questions when he introduced themselves at their table, revealing their obvious distrust which the mpalpable exarch could feel closing in on him from all sides like a vice. For all that, he did not balk or give pause when a seat was offered and his hand clapped down casually on the back of a vacant chair to pull it out for himself. He waited until he was fully seated before he spoke, fingers interlocking hand to hand in his lap where they laid just over his waistline and within moment's reached of his twin jeweled swords that gleamed bright tones of red. Eyes the color of hay swept across the table as he accustomed himself to the unnamed faces.

"My name is Elzce," he finally voiced to the table, letting a pause hang in the air before continuing "I am a man of the Gods." He did nothing to mention the Burned Lord he serviced or the red temples back in his homelands, merely introduced himself as a holy man. Erstwhile, though, he was dressed in the fineries befitting a warrior of high birth, armed and lightly armored and had a well-honed physique that spoke endlessly of his unquestionable prowess. A lingering look would reflect all the unease that showed in the plated man's expressions back to him; he wasn't enjoying the manner of his stare one bit. It was the woman though who voiced her suspicions of him afterwards that served to sorely test his humble nature.

The terse muscles of his face remained resolved in a sober look of indifference. "I'm unconcerned with both your honesty and your intuition, m'lady." Said Elzce flatly in a icy dismissive tone before he returned his look to the questing man who had yet to insult Elzce with either his eyes or tongue, or was just generally unconcerned with his presence. "Whilst the girl is right and indeed I have no invitation to this public establishment, nor to the conversation in which you all so leisurely partake, I do believe that I may be of use to your quest; I have had past experience vanquishing the woken dead and have trifled a time or so with necromancers before. My faith is strong and the only thing sharper than these eyes is mine swords." He patted a hand over one of the fine handguards of his two blades and a white-toothed smile flashed on his sombered lips. "It seems even I have a taste for treasure, though I wonder, if I too would be able to voice a question of my own to the spirit?"

Excaliburnus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:31 pm

A man of the gods, named Elzce, was the introduction that Will got from the man. Orukai eyed him cautiously, though it was his love that verbally voiced any distrust. Will gently put a hand on her knee as well and gave his own message to her, 'My dear, let's not anger a possible ally too soon. Will then returned his hands to himself and looked at Elzce. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Elzce. Perhaps my current companions don't fully trust you, and I'm not saying that I DO, fully trust you. However, you seem like you know how to handle yourself, and considering that we will be facing the undead, your company would be welcomed. And indeed, you may ask a question of me, good sir." Will finished his wine, and waved a waitress down to refill it, as he awaited the priest's question..

Axle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:58 pm

Nyx's eyes narrowed as the man said he had, had dealings with the undead and Necomrancers. For a man so sure of his skills agaisn't the unholy magi of Necomrancy, he didn't do a very good job at spotting a Necomrancer in his presence. Nyx found it stange enough that none of the others had questioned his half mask, but one who claims to have battled necomrancer, would know of the tattooing of the face, and how they tend to hide it in public. As he thought this, Nyx hand subconsciously stroked the fragile black mask on the left side of his face. His fingers trailing over the patterns unseen to the rest of the group. The other hand was inside the folds of his robes, resting on the demonic dagger strapped to his chest. Even Nyx was unsure if this man should be trusted.

PS: I think he meant to the Necomrancer that tells the truth Axel, not you.

Lithitemir
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:27 am

A dealing wiht a Necromancer, ANd a follower of a god? This man might be able to teach me something...

Orukai's look turned from icy and suspicious to one of interest.

Okutai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau Goodbarrel on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:31 pm

OOC: Hello

IC: All of a sudden, a halfling falls from a hole in the the ceiling and lands crashing onto a table close to where the group is sitting. "By the gods of the nine hells, can't a guy go to the john and NOT fall through a frickin hole in the floor"The halfling was shouting. The inkeep comes rushing to help the little guy "sorry sir, i'll fix that whole before morning" the inkeep says with slight fear in his voice. The halfling is shouting at the innkeep "Fix it. Fix it, I nearly broke my neck from that fall, I better get more then just an "I'll fix it", your crapy inn could get me killed!". The innkeep is now shaking "I'm sorry sir, i'll give you 2 free nights stay in one of the special suites". The halfling is slightly calmer now "thats sounds good, now get me a drink" he says to the innkeep. The innkeep leaves the room to fecth the halfling some brandy. The halfling takes a seats at the table without even looking if anybodys there or not and then he mumbles to himself with his eyes closed "god damned innkeep, this is the third time i've stayed here and fell through a hole". The halfling looks up and just now notices that there are others siting at the table "Oh...Um..Goodevening, sorry for all the rukus" he says, "I am Beau Goodbarrel, mercenary extrodinar'e" he says as he pulls out solid gold watch that gleams in the fire light (it's more of a gold sand clock) "and you must be the ones i heard of that got into that little street fight that burned down the inn across the road...Well, I never liked that place anyway. so your names are..........
in the end, even the heavens will fall to Ragnarok. as mankind fades, so to shall the gods. immortality comes from existance, so to as long as a part of you exists, even in a memory, you will be immortal. how have you started you path to immortality?
Beau "doublelock" Goodbarrel

Beau Goodbarrel
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:47 pm

Ivan glanced over his shoulder at the halfling who had fallen through the ceiling. After a brief angry exchange with the innkeep, he dusted himself off and sat down at the table, mumbling, apparently unaware of the group's presence. Ivan looked at the others, bemused, and then cleared his throat to get the halfling's attention. The little man looked up and realizing that he was not alone, quickly introduced himself as Beau, a mercenary.

Ivan chuckled to himself, imagining the halfling standing with a group of burly, battle-hardened warriors, but silenced when the halfling looked over at him. Luckily, he hadn't heard, he was just making conversation.

"Yes, we are the same." He paused. "Well, actually it was just me and Will here that did the fighting. Everyone else showed up afterwards." He extended his hand, which the halfling took in his own. His own mitt was massive compared to Beau's tiny hand. "I am Ivan Zeninovitch, and this," He said, hefting the polyruna up for the halfling to see. "Is Cathy, my prize invention." He hoped he would ask questions about it, because Ivan loved showing his inventions off. He did seem to remember something about halflings being inquisitive creatures.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:31 pm

OOC: Lith/Excal; True, he could've meant that... Well if that's the case we can just write it off as my character having a brain fart/misunderstanding :P. And welcome Beau! Nice intro by the way :)

IC: Will was startled from his own situation when a loud crash, followed by rafters and a hobbit falling from the level above them. After a heated 'conversation' with the keep, the halfling, apparentally in his own little world, idly sat down in one of the empty seats at their table. Will looked at Ivan, and they both just gave eachother a, 'What the hell?' look, and Ivan coughed to get the little man's attention. After seeing he was at a table with others, he introduced himself, as a mercenary no less. He inquired about them possibly being the same group that fought outside the burning inn a little ways away, and Ivan confirmed his speculations. Ivan then introduced himself to the halfling, and as Ivan shook the other man's small hand, Will piped up.

"And I am William Danesin, a Bard of great talent by other's words, and an adventurer myself. 'Tis an honor to meet you, Mr. Goodbarrel." Will said, and then he put a hand on Arianna's shoulder and said, "And this is my wife, Arianna. I'll let the others introduce themselves. Tell me, since you're a mercenary, would you be interested in joining our band on a quest? Many coins, magickal items, and rumours of artifacts to be had, for all who join. So you know the dangers of the mission, the climax of the journey will be a fight with a necromancer of some measure of power, along with most likely a host of undead minions. What say you, or would you need more details my good sir?" Will waited for his response, and from Elzce as well.

Axle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:15 pm

Arianna had been wary of almost all the newcomers to the group, except Ivan who was one of the nicest men she had seen around, but this new halfling was amazing. She couldnt help but let a smile show from her seductive lips all the way to her eyes that twinkled with mirth. The little guy was a fire ball and she could only hope he would acompany them all, the journey would be far more interesting. She had been all to happy to have any help completing Williams quest but at the same time not so happy about losing her alone closness with Will. She hadnt told him this, of coarse, it was his dream in life to find his father and she would help him no matter what. The fact that he introduced her as his wife made her grin from head to toe with pride. She loved him, truly and deeply with all her soul. Coming out of her little love fest she brought herself back to the here and now...

LiL_KK
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Guttierrez on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:55 am

Hey everybody, I'm the new guy. lol. anyway here is my character sheet, it was approved by Axle.

This is my character sheet for The Demon Seeker RP I hope you approve it.

Name: Apollo Telius

Race: Half Dragon/ Half Human

Class: Cleric

Alignment: Lawful Nuetral

Height: Six feet and two inches

Weight: One hundred and Seventy Pounds

Physical Description: Apollo's is a tall and Muscular man, although he doesn't rely much on physical strength, he believes he is a very powerful man because he has knowledge, and he believes knowledge is the most powerful asset anbody can have. Apollo has blackish scales for skin and a line of small spikes go uo from his waist all the way up to the back of his neck. He also has two small horns which nobody knows about, because he keeps them hidden under his thick long hair.

Clothing: Apollo doesn't wear a shirt, so it reveals his black scaled skin, he wears some black trousers, and no shoes.

Equipmeant: Apollo doesn't use any armour, he does however have a white robe for when he does his practices, other then that he wears only pants. Apollo has only a small dagger, otherwise he uses his spells.

Talents/Skills: Apollo is quick to learn something, he is a great teacher and is infact a very knowledgable person.

Powers/Abilities: Apollo can only use spells from his books and his own knowledge.
Heal: This allows Apollo to Heal most wounds
Shield: This allows Apollo to summon an auroa shield around whatever he likes.
Blast: This allows Apollo to blast something with positive elements such as water, earth, and air.

Backround Information: Apollo is a friendly man but doesn't like to tell about his past, because his past is of horrible significance.

His mother was a Necromancer and could do pretty much anything with her dark forces, while his father was a Paladin, even though the two didn't mix they still loved each other, and couldn't be seperated. They got married and after years of their marriage they wanted a child but his mother couldn't conceive, so his mother and father combined their forces to summon a baby. They did indeed summon a baby, he was a kind boy and didn't have a bad bone in his body, but he did have the parts of a dark dragon, caused by his mother's magic. His mother was so sad, and angry when he was summoned and started making creatures demonic, and creating new ones such as Demons, and Reapers. Apollo's father tried to stop his mother but, she had killed him, and as soon as she did, she had died aswell. It seems they had created a link between each other and as one died the other had done the same.

Apollo left home after the death of his parents and went to learn knowledge in hopes that he could restore the balance in life by restoring the creatures to their neautral ways or destroing them.

Goals/Ambitions:
1.) To restore or destroy what his family had created.
2.) To learn, and gain knowledge so he can pass it on to others, to use this to help the world.

Incase you don't believe that this was approved by axle, here is Axle's response.

Re: Demon Seeker Character Sheet Approval
Sent at: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:57 am
To: Guttierrez

Ok, I like your character . He's pretty original, and I especially like his 'birth' . The only two things I'm going to change when I post him will be his Alignmeant, which will be switched from Lightside to Lawful Nuetral, which I think will fit, since he is a good person who wishes to return Demonic beasts to their nuetral state and the like. I'm also going to up his weight a bit, because being 6'2" at only 135 pounds would give him an EXTREMELY skinny build, which doesn't match up with the fact that he's well muscled. Other than these, I like your character. If you have a problem with the things I think need tweaking, go ahead and tell me and I will gladly change them for you . Hope to see you in the game soon man! Oh and I'll post my responses to your suggestions and stuff about Ocean Sky in the thread. Later man, glad to have you aboard.
Last edited by Guttierrez on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guttierrez
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:26 am

OOC: Welcome both of you!

IC: Orukai was still brooding about the journey ahead, that the loud crash and angry shouts startled him so much that he lost his balance and fell off his chair. He got up back to his feet, grumbling and angry and was about to unleash his fury on someone, when the Halfling introduced himself. He couldn't help but laugh at the Halfling's energy. It reminded him of his younger self.

Orukai smiled. " Pleased to meet you Beau Goodbarrel" Orukai's wide smile opened up into a, suprisingly boyish grin. ' Your energy brings warmth to my heart. I pray you. Please take up young Will's offer here. I'm sure having you along will make us all the more happier"

Orukai stopped a second. " Oh. I forgot my manners. My name is Orukai. I am, as you can see, a Paladin. What type of one-' he winked 'You'll have to join us to find out'

Okutai
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!