Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! »

Players Wanted: Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! »

The Demon Seeker (Open Fantasy RP)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Demon Seeker (Open Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau Goodbarrel on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:42 am

as Beau is walking down the hall, Ruku bumps into him and trips over Beau while Beau is moving backwards slightly dazed from being hit by someone running down the hall. Beau trips over Ruku; which is now getting up again, and causes Beau to fall through the same hole; with Ruku this time, and land smashing down on a table that buckles under their combined wirght and crashes to the ground with a large thump. Beau now lies unconsious undernieth Ruku. As Ruku gets up, there are People staring at him with surprise upon their faces. As Ruku looks around, he sees his coat hagging from the ceiling hole....
in the end, even the heavens will fall to Ragnarok. as mankind fades, so to shall the gods. immortality comes from existance, so to as long as a part of you exists, even in a memory, you will be immortal. how have you started you path to immortality?
Beau "doublelock" Goodbarrel

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beau Goodbarrel
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:44 pm

ooc: Watch the God moding Beau, none of that has to happen if shado doesn't want it to.
The Clerics of Okern - Looking for High Quality Players: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-clerics-okern-t25520.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lithitemir
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau Goodbarrel on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:25 pm

OOC: it isn't god modding, I was; and still am, useing her post of running from fear while drunk as a packmule; and while Beau was up stairs anyway, to make a scene that reavels her character's little wings.
and this kind of thing always happens to me in real life anyway. I have fallen through a hole while somone was running and the my pants leg was ripped off as it chaught an iron bar and then i got the gapping cut that now lies partialy healed upon my left shoulder.
so it isn't god modding if it can happen in real life, plus my character is UNCONCIOUS, which makes it hard to god mod when you're lying upon the ground with a person slightly heavier on top of you.

Beau Goodbarrel
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:42 pm

ooc: So if Nyx decided to cut your arm off, and send you screaming through the door it wouldn't be God modding because it could happen in real life? And despite Shado's characters state, controlling it against their will is Godmoding in my books.

(I italicised against their will because Shado may, not have a problem with it, which would then make my argument completely null, and would just end up being filler)

Lithitemir
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadofire on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:57 pm

(ooc Usually I won't have a problem if it's not going to kill my character or something, or it's for moving the plot. Though, like they've said; it can offend some people to assume what thier characters do. You know what assumtion starts with... If I have a problem with it though, I'll ask you to edit a post. This time is actually pretty funny.)

Ruku's eyes darted around, frantically looking for someplace to escape to. All he could see was astonished faces, and maybe a few ambitious ones. Faerie dust was a valuable item, and in high demand among powerful and wealthy mages.
While he wanted to help Beau out, there wasn't much he could do on his own. He certainly couldn't lift the halfling; he was made for speed and grace, not strength.

A whispered word, a flicker of yellowish light, and Ruku vanished in an instant.

He didn't want to have to use his innate magic already. There was no telling what other sorts of problems he could run into, but some things just couldn't be planned for...

Dodging people so not to bump them and alert them to his presence, Ruku made his way back toward Orukai.

"I'm here. Just help out your friend." He said quietly from behind Orukai, still invisible.
Last edited by shadofire on Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravenwood Chronicles RP

Fall In Love Or Fall In Hate. Get Inspired Or Be Depressed.
Speak The Truth Or Tell A Lie. Dance Openly Or Sit In A Corner.
Life Is Divine Chaos. Embrace It. Forgive Yourself. Enjoy The Ride.

shadofire
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:48 pm

"Gah! Always getting into trouble he is!"

Orukai got up and strided to Beau and put on his best smile and charming ginr. " AH! BEAU! HOW NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" He boomed and bear hugged the halfing, as he did so he said ' Try not to make TOO much noise next time..." He put him down and returned wiht him to the table they were at.

Okutai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau Goodbarrel on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:45 pm

ooc: -while head is down- sorry, but the good news is that i never kill anyone, except npcs (None player characters)

IC: As beau gains consiousness from being squezed by Orukai, he grumbles a little bit and walks with him to the table and then sits next to Ivan. "Can I see that invention of your's again, i didn't get a good look at it last time" He says, then without warning, Beau starts to dig into Ivans pocket looking for the invention. "You got a lot of junk in here.....

Beau Goodbarrel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:22 pm

Ivan was startled from his thoughts on Nyx's mask by Beau suddenly jamming his minuscule hands into his coat pockets, searching for the polyruna. "Um... Beau... Excuse me..." The Halfling did not respond, but merely continued his intrusion. How did you respond when someone began rifling through your pockets? It wasn't something that generally came up in society. He stammered a few half-hearted protests.

"Beau... May I..." When the halfling paid him no heed, he growled under his breath.

"Beau!" He roared, attracting stares from all those near. The halfling looked up at him suddenly and carefully withdrew his hands. Like a curious child who had finally gotten on his father's last nerve, Ivan thought.

His face softened. "It's right here." He said, pulling it up from the space next to his chair. "Cathy would never fit in my coat, Beau." He pushed aside a few mugs and gently set Cathy on the table. "This is the polyruna, which means 'many bolts'..." He launched into his spiel.

(OOC: If you want a description, look at my first or second post. It's a rather long one.)
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:27 pm

Orukai examined the Polyruna, it was a hell of a nice job. And very interesting too. His thoughts returned to the adventure ahead. He would protect them when needed. But when it was time to finish his own quest. He owuld be there to.

Okutai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadofire on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:48 pm

"I've got to get out of here. I'll be outside if there was anything else you wanted to say."
Ruku said to Orukai, still hiding. He didn't wait for an answer.
Evading the other bar patrons, Ruku made his way outside and flew to the roof before his invisbility wore off.
He sat looking down at the door, wondering where he was going to find another good jacket in his size...

shadofire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadofire on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:46 am

OOC: *pokes the thread with a stick* Is it... dead? *poke poke*

shadofire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau Goodbarrel on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:20 am

OOC: I think so -Also pokes the thread with a stick- *poke, poke*

IC Beau grbs the polyruna and tries to pick it up but the polyruna is too heavy "What..does...it..do" he says while pulling at the polyruna. eventually Beau stops and looks around, then he says "Where'd Ruku go"
Then Beau attmpts to pick the polyruna up agian "Cathy is a heavy girl isn't she?"
Beau stops and starts to show his exuation from trying to pick up the polyruna "you got.....any...inventions....I could hold.....in my hand"

Beau Goodbarrel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:16 pm

OOC: Not dead many people are busy wiht work. Patience.

IC: "Well. I'm off to bed. I uess we need to get up early tommorow morning" He turned away. " Night" Orukai walked up the stairs and into his room and slept.

Okutai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadofire on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:47 pm

Ruku didn't have a room, nor would he probably be able to get one. He hopped up higher on the rooftop, making only a little noise. People inside would likely think he was just a bird scrabbling around on the roof.
Once he found a peice of the roof at a suitable angle, he flopped down onto his back. Looking up at the night sky, he slowly dozed off; lastly thinking of how a rooftop was strangely not as comfortable as a tall tree.

shadofire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:38 pm

Ivan smiled as Beau failed to lift the polyruna. "I may have something more suited to your... stature." He picked the weapon up in one hand and placed it back on the ground, then began digging into his coat. "Let's see..." What would he have that Beau would be interested in...

His finger touched something made of metal. "Ah, there we go." He pulled the thing from his coat and presented it with a flourish. It was a small weapon, dagger-like, except for one exception. It's blade was nowhere to be found. "This, my friend, is the velovesica." He fingered a small button on the hilt.

"Where's the blade?" The halfling asked, his curiosity piqued.

Ivan pressed the button and with a swish, a six inch blade burst from the empty handle. Beau jumped, startled. Ivan let out a hearty laugh.

"The blade is held by a spring and when the button is pressed, it releases it. It simply pushes back in when you are done." He pushed the blade back in on the table and handed it to the halfling. "Here, enjoy."

(OOC: WOOT! I just invented the switchblade!)

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau Goodbarrel on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:42 am

OOC: You like what Beau has to show you :). He is now going to show off the costum weapons and explain what the custom is.

IC: Beau grabs the little knife looking at it, then he pushes the button and the blade pops out "Cool, but i got something better" He says as he's trying to push the blade in on the table. He gets the blade in and then runs up stairs, a door creaks open and the slams shut, Beau runs down the stair with three weapons, a sickle and two weapons that look like katanas but have shorter and thicker blade. He sits at the table next to Ivan again. " These were made by my family, this one..." he siad as he pulled out one of the wakizashis that has a ruby, saphire, topaz, and a pearl within the hilt "...was made by my father, and named so as Envy" He says "When the hilt is twitched.."He continues as he twiches his wrist " The main blade can be pulled off which reavels..." Then he pulls on the hilt and a smaller blade is pulled out with the hilt "A hidden Blade coated in pioson" Then he puts the blade back in the blade and twichs his wrist again so the hilt sticks back on the main blade. "How do you like that...."

Beau Goodbarrel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:48 pm

Ivan laughed off the halfling's one-upmanship, taking the velovesica back and slipping it into his jacket. "Fine weapons, Beau. Fine weapons..." Beau was an interesting little fellow, reminding him of...

Ivan sobered quickly. Painful memories, indeed, but he tried to shrug them off when they came up. His omnipresent fatherly grin reappeared, but smaller this time. Now was not the time for such grim thoughts.

He looked around and noticed that Orukai had gone to bed. He hadn't seen him leave, likely because of his showcase of Cathy and the velovesica.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau Goodbarrel on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:22 pm

Beau looks slightly disapointed "well the other wakizashi does the same, but this is a piece of work" he says as he grabs the sickle from the group of weapons, it has a light blue tint to it "this may look like a sickle but if swung with enough force..." he contineus with a powerful swing in mid air "The head separates from the hilt and flies as far as it can go.." Then the head of the sickle detaches and flies to a nearby support beam and laches on to it "It can then be reeled in by pressing this little button" He points to a small button on the hilt that is barly visable; Then he pushes it and flies to the support beam and lands on top of it " It also confers an invisibility spell at will, but only lasts a short time" then Beau disappears. Then While Invisible, beau jumps off of the support beam and lands on ivans left shoulder perfectly and then turn visable once more "You like......"

Beau Goodbarrel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Ivan eyed the sickle with interest and nodded approvingly as Beau showed off its capabilities. "Quite a weapon, Beau." However, when the halfling said that it could confer invisibility on the wielder, Ivan cocked an eyebrow, wondering if he was trying to play a trick on him. Suddenly, however, Beau disappeared and weight came down on his shoulder. He turned his head, startled, and saw Beau uncloak. Ivan was impressed, to say the least. "Yet more surprises!" He said jovially and picked the halfling up in one hand and set him back on the floor. "Did you make these yourself?"

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau Goodbarrel on Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:54 pm

"No; like i said, my father made the wakizashis, but this sickle belonged to my grand father, it is known as the death shackle" Beau says as he points to the weapons. "The Wakizashis are named ebony & ivory, and all three are magically enhanced" he finishs with a funny smily on his face. "I just noticed that you the oldest here; except for the old man at the counter drinking water..." He says as he points twards the crowded counter tops.

Beau Goodbarrel
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!