Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Desert Pilgrims

The Desert Pilgrims

a part of “The Desert Pilgrims”, a fictional universe by Messiah.

In the wake of an alien invasion, humanity fights to regain a foothold in the Mojave desert.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Desert Pilgrims”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Desert Pilgrims

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:38 am

Welcome to The Desert Pilgrims!

Please keep appraise of this thread to keep up with current events. Also, stay tuned for more information on the aliens and technology.
Check out Eastbound, a zombie apocalypse story I'm writing on my own.

I may actually get back to this, now that I'm here again. Stay tuned!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Messiah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Desert Pilgrims

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby conor on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Give me a shout when you are adding partisans to the mix :)
Never before have so many come together from all quarters of the galaxy. But never before have we faced an enemy such as this. The Reapers will show us no mercy. We must give them no quarter. They will terrorize our populations. We must stand fast in the face of that terror. They will advance until our last city falls, but we will not fall. We will prevail. Each of us will be defined by our actions in the coming battle. Stand fast. Stand strong. Stand together. Hackett out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

conor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Fun fun fun.

Is there going to be a real-life location for Sanctuary (meaning we can refer to Google Maps)? What size is it?

Just two questions that spring to mind while I kick around a character

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:28 pm

I've actually spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out where it should be, but I think I've found one.

The location is on Temple Bar Road, east of Mt. Wilson and directly south of Bonell Bay. The road will go directly through the town.

As for size, do you mean population, or the area? Population's between 150-200, probably. I'm not good at area, but you can fit 150-200 people with some room to spare, within some walls.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Im working on a character as well, will probably NPC the other two family members with her. Unless you would prefer I make character sheets for them as well.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:34 pm

That's absolutely fine. The only reason I would ask you to make a character sheet for them is if you're planning on making them more than just supporting characters, but it sounds like that's all they'll be.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Okay I have her finished, take a look and tell me if you think I should add anything.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Yay, I submitted. Let me know how it takes your fancy, GM

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Yay! More people. Im glad to see interest in this.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Nice work, everyone. I like what we've got for characters so far. I'm going to be putting at least one more character of mine onto the character list, maybe two, one of which might be John's only surviving son. Then I'll probably start working on an introductory post.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:01 am

Looking forward to seeing more characters Messiah, if I knew more people on the site I would be jacking them up to join. xD

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:51 am

Oh, you! That's nice of you to say. You probably shouldn't be feeding my ego like that, though. It's big enough as it is.

In all seriousness, I hope I can help make this live up to expectations.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fallacywonderland on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey, Can I still join?
I already made a character ^^ Ill upload it when I get on my desktop.

fallacywonderland
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Of course you can still join. Plenty of room still.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fallacywonderland on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Hehe, I didnt even wait for your reply. I already uploaded my character ;)

fallacywonderland
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:39 pm

That wasn't just flattery Messiah it's the truth, it's great to see a rp that is well done and planned, but not with a bunch of flashy, froofroo stuff. The character sheets are informative yet, vague enough that your fellow rp'ers can learn about the character through development within the rp, as opposed to seeing five hundred million things on the character sheet.So much so you could probably figure out that the person has a freckle on their left butt cheek. Its kind of refreshing, so kudo's to you.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:41 am

I put a character in as well. Let me know if anything didn't work.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Nice work.

Sorry about the delay. I hit a little speed bump, and have been pretty busy the past couple days. I've been informed, on very short notice that I have to be out by the end of the month. So, I've been looking for places and such. Though, I think I found one, so it should be alright now. I just have to worry about the act of moving itself, which probably won't be for more than a week.

Nothing's changed, though. I still am going to be adding another character or two, and then putting up the introductory post, it'll just be later than I had originally intended.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harper on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:18 pm

This looks quite interesting! I have a character already in mind so I'll start working on that and send it your way once I'm done.

Harper
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:11 pm

It is all good Messiah, life is life. I'm just waiting to get in a RP here that doesn't die off in the first two months, maybe this will be it. Ha!

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!