The Diary of Tobias Malari

a topic in Character Journals, a part of the RPG forum.

If you want to create a journal for your character, use this forum.

The Diary of Tobias Malari

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:49 pm

Well, another gorgeous night in Wing City, and my friends invited me over to play Mage: The Awakening. I'm pretty proud of my first character build for that game, so I'm writing it down (bonuses from experience expenditure included) so I will forever remember.

Some philosopher once said that there are no new ideas anymore, and as a result, everything is just a reflection of happenings somewhere else in the multiverse. I don't know if that's true, but if it is, there's a character just like the one I "created" out there somewhere, kicking ass and taking names in the name of maintaining balance.

Name: Norman Smith
Concept: Embodiment of Normality
Path: Acanthus
Virtue: Temperance
Order: Adamantine Arrow
Player Name: Tobias
Vice: Wrath
Chronicle: Peter Petrelli Must Die

Intellect 3
Strength 3
Presence 3
Wits 2
Dexterity 3
Manipulation 2
Resolve 3
Stamina 2
Composure 3

Health 7 boxes, Willpower 6, Mana 7, Wisdom 7, spare experience 2, size 5, speed 10, init +6, defense 2

Skills:
Merits:

Academics 2
Kung Fu 2

Computer 1 (Internet)
Status (military) 2

Craft 2
Resources 3

Investigation 1
Quick Draw 1

Medicine 1 (rote skill)
High Speech 1

Occult 2 (Magic)
Iron Stamina 3

Politics 1
Science 1
-------------
Athletics 1 (rote skill)
Brawl 2 (Kung Fu)
Drive 1
Firearms 1
Stealth 1
Weaponry 1
--------------
Empathy 1
Expression 1
Subterfuge 1
Persuasion 1
Intimidation 1 (rote skill)

Equipment:
Rapier (6 dice, lethal, armor-piercing 1)
Steyr-Aug (8 dice, lethal: See Autofire rules)
Pepper spray (3 minus target's Defense: See special rules under Equipment)
Thin Kevlar vest (Armor 1 vs. melee, 2 vs. firearms, bulletproof)

Gnosis: 3

Arcana: Fate 5, Forces 1, Time 2
Rotes:
Blessings Of The Gods (9 dice, instant, 1 Mana): Gain 9 again on a number of future rolls equal to successes, except chance dice.
Nightsight (6 dice, instant): Successes mitigate by one die per success darkness-related penalties, but normal light inflicts these penalties instead.
Strike True (8 dice, reflexive, 1 Mana): Each success grants +1 in the next roll the spellcaster has to or chooses to make that doesn't involve spellcasting.
Failure Is Death (5 dice, instant, 1 Mana): Success allows a reroll of an instant action in the next turn, and the better result is applied.
Achilles' Heel (9 vs. target's Resolve + Gnosis, instant, 1 Mana): Successes are added as a bonus to damage dice pools when originating from the designated living being, place, thing, condition, flaw or behavior.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: The Diary of Tobias Malari

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:05 am

Well, uh...goddamn. I forgot I had this thing. So, uh, I'm married now to a half Sorukan named Crystal. Apparently they're total animals in bed, if the one I reeled in is anything to go on. Just something about her tits drives me crazy.

Speaking of crazy, how about the story of my pegleg? It all started when I managed to get a match with some kind of traveling gladiator. No ranged weapons she says, and yet I see a fucking chakram at her hip. She then proceeds to dodge and or counter everything I throw at her. She's half my size, there's no goddamn way she should be able to toss me around like that, right up to when my knee felt cold steel instead of her virgin cunt.

Well. No job, no way to get one. So I had to enlist in the Coalition armed forces to work off the cost of my new robotic limb. Yeah, I'm a cyborg now. Met some great guys, but more than my fair share of assholes on both sides. At least the leg boosts my stamina and recovery rate. It's no healing factor, but the wife appreciates me being able to go again so soon once she's in a mood.

Speaking of the sex, I'm a dad now. She couldn't decide if she wanted a boy or a girl, so she had both. I don't remember much of what happened after I found out, but the nurse was kinda hot. Andrew and Ruby. Yeah, Terra better watch out when those two grow up if they're anything like their parents, which kids usually are whether they like it or not. So I got that going for me.

I gotta go, time for the 3 am breastfeeding. And complimentary peep show. I just hope that woman in red doesn't want me to buy her dinner still, I can't afford another tour of duty for a robot arm.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!