Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

The Djinni's Shahzadi (closed rp)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Djinni's Shahzadi (closed rp)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:31 am

he morning light shone with a brilliant warmth and golden shine upon the bustling crowds as the merchants set up their stalls. Everyone was excited to become ready for the bazzar, and soon the shoppers would eagerly come to browse the wares, listen to tales, and enjoy the promising day. Among the commotion, one thin but spry looking older male set up his old and faded, but no less colorful booth, setting out all sorts of exotic decorations. A storyteller by trade, he did also set out to make the extra dinar or two by selling wares, exotic artifacts from his travels as a youth.

Despite the milling crowds in the marketplace, the elder was having little luck today. Ah well, he would sell something by end, no doubt, there were still a few hours till the bazzar came to an end. Adjusting his turban, the storyteller began to weave a tale from the famed Shaharazad herself, hoping to reel in a few potential buyers. The cloying smell of dung, sweat, and nearby food was comforting, and he soon fell into a rhythm. Soon enough, a few young children gathered around his mat to listen to him, and several shoppers looked at his trinkets, but alas, no one bought anything. Strangely, no one seemed to notice the golden ring set aside in a box with other odds and ends. It was a luxurious gold piece with a single turquoise stone inlaid into the precious metal.

-

People parted and bowed respectfully as a small group from the palace passed through. The Shahanshah and his heavily veiled daughter were surrounded by seven of his finest guards. Two in front, one on each side, and three behind. Their weapons were visible, and each guard kept their hands closeby at all times.

Ordinarily, the shah himself wouldn't go out into the bazaar, as many came to the palace to seek an audience with him or the royal family and his advisors. However, he sought another horse for his stables, and one of the more highly valued breeders was in his city today. As shah, he would be the one of the only people able to purchase the best of Balam's horses. Having bought a stallion a year prior, he looked forward to acquiring another fine animal today. And perhaps he could teach his sole child about dealing with the common folk, not to mention the art of bartering.
He had no children aside from her, at least..no legitimate children. A few harem girls had borne children, but all girls, save for one sickly boy who would never be strong enough to take the throne. As such, he brought his daughter- the shahzadi, to market with him, willing to give her at least a taste of the outside world.
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

The Djinni's Shahzadi (Closed RP) - Day 1

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Amira, the shahzadi, was glad her father allowed her outside. She enjoyed finally being able to get a taste of the outside world. Even thought the bazzar would end in a few hours, people were still mingling about. She knew her father was here to buy another horse he did not need. Though, she would never tell him that. She was just glad to be out and about. The smell of dung and sweat bothered the young princess’s nose, but the smell of the different types of foods was rather pleasant. It made her feel hungry. She would need to stop by the kitchen once back home.

Her hazel eyes took in her surroundings. The guards around them blocked her view, but she did not mind. She pushed the guard at her side slightly to get a better view here and there. The guard was Akeem, he had been guarding her since she was a teenage. He was about four or so years older than her now. She believed he was twenty-three years old. His birthday had passed she heard. Akeem was a very private person and very serious about his job. He did make her feel safe as he was a natural and very skilled. Akeem ignored Amira as she pushed him to get a better view. The princess liked to push his buttons.

The shahzadi was a gorgeous young woman with a pear figure. She was rather petite and only stood at a mere five feet. Though, Amira was feisty as ever and didn’t even feel small because of her height. At the moment she was heavily veiled in white silky fabric with golden thread decorating the hems. She was to rule the kingdom in only a few months, if she could convince her father to let her rule without a bloody husband. Many suitors had come and gone, trying to win her hand in marriage. Of course Amira would belittle them or make it show they were unfit to have her hand in marriage. She had offended quite a good amount and they left in a fury.

Her inquisitive eyes stopped on an old and faded, but colorful booth. It had all sort of exotic decorations. At the moment the old man running the booth seem to be telling a story, which had entrapped a few children near his mat. She caught a glance of some of the trinkets, but the sun reflected on something gold in a box. It didn’t take her long before she saw it was a luxurious gold piece with a single turquoise stone inlaid into the precious metal. It was a rather beautiful ring. It seemed to call to her. She wanted it. Amira grabbed Akeem by the arm and lead him towards the old man. She let go of his arm once close enough.

“Father, please come. I would like to purchase a ring,” she called out before she stopped in front of the box. She flashed the old man a smile he couldn’t see, but the smile reached her eyes. Akeem stood behind Amria with his hand on his weapon now. Her height made his job easier, as he was a foot and an inch taller. Including his muscular form and board shoulders made it possible for his body to easily hide hers. He watched as she picked the ring out of the box and looked it over. She tried it on a few of her fingers before placing it back in the box. Her kind eyes returned to the old man.

“How much are you asking for this lovely ring?” she asked. Her voice naturally soft and sweet, it was very pleasing to the ear. It was angelic.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Greeter Inspiration Lifegiver Concierge Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Novelist

Re: The Djinni's Shahzadi (closed rp)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:39 pm

The guard beside Akeem followed behind the shahzadi as well, knowing the shah would be cross at his daughter's behavior. Azar spared a glance at the year younger guard, all too aware of their young charge's nudging. He was sure Akeem would be inclined to agree that her curiousity and persistance was certainly counterproductive to their duties. The life of the shah and shahzadi were in his hands. His, and his fellow guards. The young royal could do to be less...careless, at least he thought so. He said none of his thoughts, his job simply to protect. It could be worse, he supposed, but still, the shahzadi made it difficult for them at times. She was as willful as she was beautiful, which could easily become troublesome. Azar admired Akeem's level-headedness- especially in keeping his face neutral. While his fellow guard shielded the shahzadi Azar stood protectively to her rear, ensuring nothing took advantage of her turned back.

The shahanshah and his retinue stopped at the sound of Amira's voice, the ruler forcing back an irritated sigh. Was she even going to pay attention to anything? She didn't need to know about the bazzarr so much as how to interact with the common folk and merchant types. How to present herself to the public should the need arise. And here she was, oggling at her surroundings and wandering away to inspect whatever caught her fancy. Had she any self control? A ring was a simple thing, but it was irksome none the less to find his daughter so easily distracted. She was no fool, but she still seemed to find no fault in doing things in her own fashion.

Stepping over to glance at whatever it was that had so entrapped his daughter's fancy, the shah glanced between her and the merchant to whom the trinket belonged, scrutinizing for anything suspicious or fake. The ring was fine enough, though he thought she had much prettier in her collection. The late queen had also owned far finer pieces that were to be passed down, but even so, the stone and quality looked genuine enough. The sigh came out this time, the older man giving Amira a pointed look. He would allow her a gift, but his expression clearly conveyed that he expected her to otherwise behave herself. "Very well. If the price is reasonable for it, then I suppose you may have it. But wander off again, and I will see to it you only leave your quarters for meals and your studies for the next week, understood?" he said, knowing the shahzadi was fond of her free time to stroll the gardens, visit her horse in the stable, or whatever it was she did when she had a moment to herself.

The storyteller smiled at the veiled princess, bowing his head politely as her song- sweet voice inquired about the ring. A slight twinkle of amusement could be seen in his gaze, though it was not malicious in the slightest. "My lady, I am willing to part with it for ten dinars." he said, though if she were to try and bargain with him, he would be willing to go as low as eight.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Amira smiled at the storyteller and wondered why amusement could be seen in his eyes. She didn't have much time to think about it as she glanced at her father. He had sighed to likely make it known her actions irritated him. Why did he take things so seriously? She met his pointed look with a blank expression. His look did not faze her at all. His words irritated her, but she would get the ring before responding to him.

Akeem noticed the slight tension in the princess's posture. He was only able to notice because he had been with the princess for years. It was rare that he ever left her side for long. After years of watching and protecting someone, you notice the smallest of things about them. He knew her father's words irritated her. Although, Akeem knew that the king might regret the words he just spoke to the princess. Amira always had a way of turning things on people. Akeem knew too well of her passive aggressive and aggressive behavior.

The shahzadi smiled once more at the old storyteller. She did bargain with him, but only to show her father she could. Amira got him to agree to eight dinars. Though, she took out ten dinars from a hidden pocket in her outfit and gave it to the old man. She closed the box the ring was in, and slid it into the same hidden pocket.

“Thank you for this ring. I will make sure to take good care of it,” she said before joining her father’s side again. They walked towards where her father’s horse breeder would be. Now Amira would reply to her father’s words from earlier. She cleared her throat softly, but intentionally to get her father’s attention. Akeem glanced at the princess who had just cleared her throat. He hoped whatever she was about to say wouldn’t get her punished. The last thing he wanted was to keep the princess restricted to her quarters. It was a rather unpleasant task.

"I am to be queen soon, so if I wander off, it should be allowed. Akeem is a very good guard and can protect me. I am capable of caring for myself as well. If you dare to confine me to my quarters, then so be it. I can take my meals there as well. I'll only leave for my studies. If any suitors come...just tell them I am not allowed to see them as I am confined to my quarters. No suitable suitors have presented themselves anyways. Honestly, they are just annoying distractions..." she stopped speaking. They had reached their destination. She saw the breeder her father was here to see.

"There is your horse breeder, let's hurry and get your horse. We wouldn't want me to wonder off again," she added. Amira was fond of her free time, and she knew she just risked it, but she disliked her father's threat of confinement. If she were going to be confined to her quarters, she would make some terms of her own. Akeem's face stayed neutral as always. If he were dead, he'd be rolling over in his grave. Did she want to be confined to her room indefinitely? The only smart thing she did was stop talking and point out the horse breeder. Hopefully preventing her father from retorting.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Greeter Inspiration Lifegiver Concierge Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Watching the princess return to her retinue, the old storyteller smiled. Life was sure to become more interesting for her, if he was correct about the ring she had purchased. It certainly was alluring, and seemed to have a warmth of it's own. His business taken care of, he returned his attention to the eager children, their story having been interrupted by the transaction. With a chuckle, he resumed the tale.

While not as finely attuned to the shahzadi as Akeem was, Azar was keen enough to notice a growing tension, and glanced at each of the royals out of the corners of his eyes. The princess's voice was sweet as a nightengale, but her words would undoubtedly earn her trouble. It almost seemed as if she was defiant in the face of punishment. Once more, Azar felt a growing respect for Akeem, wondering vaguely how on earth his composure never wavered.

Turning to face his daughter and the two guards attending her, the shah felt himself twitch in fury. Again! She was going to drive him to his grave at this rate. It was times like this he wished he had a son to deal with, not a daughter. A son would know how to fight, a son he could be rough with, a son wouldn't cause so much trouble running about. Under his breath, he hissed at his child.

"Mind your tone." the man snapped back, feeling an impending headache coming on. Half the time he considered whipping the girl for her stubbornness and her resistant nature. Alas, he managed to contain himself. She was his only legitimate child, and he did care for her. Even so, it didn't change the fact that she far more willful than what was normally proper. Her hard-headedness oudid his own and his late wife's. His eyes narrowed in disapproval, simultaneously abashed that she twisted his words around and angry that she dared to dismiss his attempts to raise her and find a proper husband.

Before he could scold her further, Balam came into view, the breeder bowing and smiling even as he saw his favorite customer. "Salaam Lord Shah!" he greeted, bowing slightly to Amira as well before returning his attention to the shahanshah. Her words did not go unnoticed, but Balam chose not to comment.

"Salaam to you, Balam. What do you have to offer me?" Thankful for the distraction, the shah began to discuss business with the horse seller, following the man as he introduced his finest animals available for sale.

It was a good ten minutes or so later before Balam left the ruler alone to inspect and decide on a horse, giving instructions to his servants or assisting any other interested parties. When the grand ruler was down to two potential choices, Balam finally approached once more.

"My lord Shahanshah, have you decided on the mare or the stallion?" Balam asked the king, bowing respectfully. He showed no outward sign of being concerned with the princess' presence nor her attitude.

"The mare. Come Amira, take a look at her and see what a proper horse should be like. Accept nothing less. Don't waste a dinar on anything of poor quality." explained the shah as he began to barter with the horse seller.

The horse seller had an attendant bring forth a light chestnut arabian mare, all of one years old. Her figure was perfect, with strong muscles, tidy appearance, and steady limbs.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:48 pm

It pleased Amira to see her father show disapproval. She had pushed his buttons in the way she wanted. Amira was even more please as Balam greeted her father. It would stop him from scolding her any further. It was for the best because if he had scolded her, a full-blown argument may have ensued.

Akeem was thankful for Balam’s appearance. It did not please him to be present when Amira argued angrily. It always unsettled him. It unsettled him as her tone stayed as sweet and soft. If she were livid, her tone would get even sweeter. Her voice would be barely a whisper, but her words would still come out clear as day. It always caused goose bumps to form on his skin. Amira was small, but could be rather frightening at times.

She listened attentively as her father talked business with Balam and the like. Amira only finally joined the conversation when her father spoke to her. She simply nodded in response and walked over to the mare he picked. She stroked the mare’s side gently. Once she knew she was calm, she walked around it to inspect it.

“It is a beautiful horse that will give you many great years,” she said. Though, as she said this, a black stallion caught her attention. It was giving the servant holding it quite a difficult time. She turned her head to look at Akeem who was close to her side. Amira was smart enough not to wander off again. She did not want to infuriate her father again. Not so soon anyways.

“Akeem, please bring that servant over for me. I would like to look over the horse he has,” she said. Akeem simply nodded and walked over to the servant. Before he could speak, the horse had ripped the reins from the servant’s grip. Akeem was quick and grabbed the reins before the horse could even start to run off. The stallion stomped its feet and tried to escape Akeem’s grip on the reins. Amira would want to look over the wildest horse out of the bunch. He felt annoyed, but made sure it did not show.

Amira’s eyes filled with worry when the horse escaped the servant’s grip. The last thing she wanted was for Akeem to come to harm. He was one of the very few people she enjoyed having around. The worry went away as quickly as it came. Akeem had caught the reins and now was walking over to her with the stubborn horse.

“Here is the horse Shahzadi,” said Akeem, his voice deep and smooth. He held out the reins for her to grab. Akeem knew she’d have a strong enough grip to hold the reins. Secretly he agreed to train her. It was years ago when he had to keep her confined to her quarters. She was driving him up the wall that week. Agreeing seemed like the only way to make dealing with her bearable for the next week she was to be confined to her quarters. Though, Akeem mostly just taught her how to escape holds, ropes ties, and the like. He threw in a bit of hand-to-hand combat, mostly to teach her defense. At the moment, he was teaching her how to use weapons like swords, daggers, and the like. Every now and then they’d do running and climbing if the opportunity presented itself.

Before Amira took the reins, she unwrapped one of the two scarfs she kept around her hair. She felt her hair unravel slightly, but she knew it’d stay in place still. Her handmaid had braided her hair well and always used two scarfs just in case it loosened. It never did.

After inspecting the horse’s eyes, she covered the horse’s eyes with the scarf securely. It seemed to calm the wild horse a bit. Amira smiled and examined the rest of the horse. Once she did, she finally took the reins from Akeem. The horse had strong muscles, sturdy limbs, and was full of life. The fur was a bit unkempt, but likely as the horse wouldn’t allow anyone to give it a good clean. She held the reins tight as she slowly walked over to her father. Akeem of course followed closely behind. He still worried the horse may escape her grip. It was trying to tear the reins from her hands. Amira stopped a few feet in front of her father. She didn’t want the horse to be too close to him in case it tried to stand on its two back legs.

“Father, this is a lovely horse as well. I would love to have it as my own. It looks as good as your mare, maybe better once he’s cleaned up
” she paused to look at the horse, “Mother did always love black horses.”

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Azar was prepared to watch the exchange without incident, but he soon realized this was not possible so long as the shahzadi was around. Soon enough, Amira took her own interest in a feisty stallion and asked for it to be brought over. Azar flinched ever so slightly, not particularly keen on being so close to an unruly animal, especially a large one. He wasn't afraid of horses, nor did he dislike them, but he wasn't overly enthusiastic about them either.

Azar instinctively stepped closer to the shahzadi as Akeem went to fulfill her request, one of them always present so as to properly guard her. He had likewise been involved in sharing knowledge with the royal- though he was far more hesitant to do so than Akeem. Despite his fellow guard being a year younger, Azar knew he held no higher status due to age. They had both been in service to the royal family for the same amount of time, and each was skilled. However, Akeem had had a convincing argument at the time. Azar had been at his wit's end when Akeem finally decided he'd had enough of dealing with the restless shahzadi, and at the time, teaching her certainly did seem to be the only way to distract and appease her. It was only after her periods of confinement that he worried about the shah finding out. He had of course confided in Akeem, but so far things had gone without incident. He still found teaching her such things risky, and it always took considerable convincing and coercing from the shahzadi to join Akeem in her unorthodox tutleage.

Hearing a bit of commotion from behind him, the shah turned to see what the disturbance was. Seeing his daughter holding the reins of a horse, he clenched his jaw, wondering what on earth she was up to now.

Prepared to retaliate and scold her once again, he quirked a brow in surprise at the request.
One look at Amira was enough to tell she was serious, and that she was admiring the animal she was currently holding (an unruly one he noted wryly). Had anyone else thought to interrupt him mid transaction and suggest he didn't pick the finest animals, he'd most definitely would not have tolerated such insult with good graces. However, this was his daughter...and he didn't hate her. Besides, she seemed to at least be able to appreciate the value of a horse. He folded his arms over his chest, eyes meeting hers.

"You want him then? Hooho, why should I buy him for you my daughter? You run off as you please and you seem set in driving me to my grave. Why then should I buy you the stallion when you are so disrespectful?" he challenged.

Nevertheless, he turned to Balam, counting out a second pouch of coins. "We will take both the mare and the stallion, A pleasure to do business with you Balam." said the now smiling male. Now he'd have two fine animals coming home with them.

"You aren't permitted to ride him until you finish your studies each day." said the shah, once more looking at Amira. He wasn't going to let her have everything she asked for, after all.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Amira met her father’s eyes without wavering. She didn’t cross her arms only because of the horse. Amira slowly blinked to stop herself from rolling her eyes at her father’s words. She pressed her lips together and gave a simple nod in response. Amira wasn’t sure if she’d say the most appropriate thing if she spoke. She’d follow his silly rule. She always liked to finish her studies early anyways. As the horse tried to pull away again, Akeem took the reins from her. Akeem could see the princess’s hand turning red where the reins pulled against the soft skin.

“Akeem, thank you,” she said. He gave her a curt nod, and they made their way back to the palace. As they walked to the castle, Akeem hoped Amira wouldn’t be eager to ride the horse anytime soon. He could imagine it just flinging her off his back, if the horse even let her on. The horse was taller than the princess. A smile softened his hard features at the thought of her trying to mount him. He imagined she’d find a way. She almost always found a way to get what she wanted. Only thing he wasn’t sure about, was if she’d be Queen without marrying first. Her father seemed as persistent to marrying her off before giving her the throne as she was about getting the throne without being married. He wondered who would win this fight.

Once at the palace, Amira sent Akeem away to take the horse to the stables and to take the rest of the day off. Akeem of course protested, but she gave him that stubborn look. He knew there was no point in arguing or changing her mind once she gave it. When Akeem was out of sight, Amira headed to her quarters. When she got there and locked the doors, she changed into something comfortable. A white sleeveless nightgown made of cotton. She placed the clothes she took off onto her large bed. She left her hair in the black lacey scarf that held it together. It hid her straight hair, which was as soft as silk and as dark as the clear night sky.

Amira grabbed the box her ring was in and sat on the edge of her bed to open it. Carefully she took the ring out and placed the box on the bed. She slid the ring onto her right index finger. Her fingers spread out, and she turned her hand side to side to admire it. Though, she took the ring off and began to rub it clean with the hem of her gown. It had a bit of dust on it. When the dust was removed, her thumb wandered over the ring’s surface to feel its texture. She adored how the smooth stone felt against her smooth skin. The ring was alluring and seemed to have a warmth to it. It was lovely.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:07 pm

(art by amarevia)
Feeling agitated by his daughter once more, the shah wondered for what must be the thousandth time why he put up with her. She would never get a proper suitor this way! And she detested studying? So what? It was her duty, as it was his growing up. She had to learn how to be the queen, the Shahbanou! At this rate, she'd be lucky to be given a title at all, and she'd be a lowly wife, not the high queen or even the first royal wife. Her future husband might even favor a consort above his daughter! It was unthinkable, inexcusable! He was going to have to spar the castle of the guard to vent his mounting frustrations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The golden ring steadily began to glow the more the shahzadi rubbed the precious gem. It grew warm to the touch, almost hot, changing as the princess stroked the stone. A faint smoke filled her bedchamber, a scent of incense and spice filling the air with slight perfume. A shadow appeared in the billowing smoke, standing perfectly still.

As soon as Amira was able to see, a figure of a young man stood in the center of her room, the haze fading around him. Violet eyes gazed at his olive-skinned hands, flexing the digits as if he hadn't used them before. His wrists and ankles were adorned with golden cuffs, finely made like jewelry, but they seemed more like shackles than proper bangles. Dark hair was pushed back by one of his hands, the man finally taking in the appearance of the one who summoned him.

It was a woman, still young as far as adults went. She was dressed well, and the room he stood in looked finely made and decorated...a nobles home most likely. The girl herself was what would be considered lovely- poised and graceful, a pretty if albeit mildly firm looking face. Of course, that could just be her expression.

"You summoned me...." came a low voice, the male watching the girl like a hawk.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Amira’s eyes widen with surprise when the ring began to glow. As the ring grew warm, almost hot, she continued to rub the stone. It wasn’t as if the warmth was harming her. Her eyes tried to find the source of the faint smoke that suddenly filled her room. She saw no fire. The new scent in the room pleased her. She kept her face emotionless when a shadow appeared in her room, but her heart had picked up its pace. Her mind was racing with a flood of thoughts and nonsense. She knew no one could have entered her room since she locked the door behind her. Though, what if someone had entered before she did? That thought didn’t sit well with her though because it didn’t make sense.

Finally, her eyes made out a young man when she could see. She stared at him blankly. Her heart beat slowed back to its normal pace. She was just glad she could see better and that the stranger was clear in sight. She titled her head to the side as she looked him up and down. Amira was sure she never saw the man before. When he spoke, her face showed a bit of confusion. Slowly she stood from the bed and walked over to stand about a foot in front of him. She crossed her arms and looked him over once more. Summon him? Could he be a djinni? Mother always mentioned or had stories about them. I always enjoyed the stories. She placed her right hand at the back of her neck as she looked into the man’s eyes. Amira wasn’t sure if she should believe he was a djinni or just a random human. She’d go with djinni for now since the recent oddities that occurred.

“I apologize. I did not mean to summon you. I was just cleaning the ring you were in and feeling the stone. May I ask your name? I am Amira,” she said. She glanced at the ring in her hand and slid it back onto her right ring finger. She looked once more into the djinni’s eyes. Amira couldn’t believe this mythical creature was in front of her. She wasn’t sure if she was lucky or not to have summoned him. Amira flashed the djinni a smile as she tried not to show pity. She wondered how long it had been trapped in the ring for. Slowly she crossed her arms out of habit.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:21 am

Surprised that the noble woman showed no significant signs of disbelief nor raised her voice and cried out in alarm, the djinni nevertheless gave no indication of his thoughts. Violet eyes silently began to appraise the human before him, eye twitching ever so slightly as she stepped closer. What manner of woman was this? She was puzzled, but not particularly cautious about a strange man in her room. He could only imagine what kind of trouble she must be.

His expression only changed when he when she mentioned the piece of jewelry she had placed back onto her finger. Eyes turning a vivid amber in hatred, he growled low in his throat.
Moving forward faster than a person could blink, Nasir had his fingers above the ring, fingertips just shy of touching the metal before he froze. His spell wouldn't allow him to harm the human...nor could he destroy the cursed ring. He jerked back as though burned by hot coals, cursing loudly.

It was a few moments later that his eyes resumed their normal violet hue. They still held extreme anger and annoyance, but the blinding and overpowering hatred had been reigned in. Moving towards the windowsill, Nasir decided he might as well take his current 'freedom' and make himself comfortable while it lasted. It took him a second to remember the human had asked who he was. He supposed his name was safe enough to give.

"My name is Nasir."

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:10 pm

Amira always had a thing for eyes. She loved seeing all eye colors, especially unique ones. She admired the djinni’s beautiful violet eyes. Her eyes showed surprise when the color changed to a vivid amber. When the djinni growled, her body tensed. She stayed still and ignored the goosebumps she felt. Her eyes stayed steady on the creature, and she barely noticed his fingers were above the ring. Surprised filled her eyes once more when he jerked back. Can he not touch the ring? Did it hurt him because he tried to touch it? It must have hurt him somewhat as he did just curse
Is he okay?

She calmed slightly when his eyes returned to violet. He still seemed upset, but at least his eyes weren’t amber anymore. Amira stayed in her spot as he moved towards the windowsill. She watched him for a few seconds. Amira only remembered she had asked him a question when he answered. A few seconds later she joined him at the windowsill. She leaned against the cool glass as she just kind of stared at Nasir. She was still surprised a djinni was in front of her and that it was now hers.

“It is a pleasure to meet you Nasir. How long have you been stuck in the ring for?” she asked as she folded her hands in her lap. Her mind was racing with the possibilities of what she could wish for, but she knew the djinni could just corrupt her wish. Her mother had spoken of their tricky often in the stories she told. Amira shifted her weight as she crossed her legs. She knew she had just asked him a question, but another one popped up in her mind. She flashed Nasir a smile. Amira decided to be kind since she knew the poor djinni likely suffered being trapped in the ring alone. He couldn’t do something simple like look out a window, like he was doing now.

“Would you like to go for a walk? I just got a horse today. We can go see him if you like...I still need to name him,” she informed him. Her thumb gently graced her other thumb as she waited for his answer. She felt a bit uncomfortable with a stranger seeing her so under-dressed.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:28 am

The male made no effort to move away from his current seat, barely glancing over at the human as she moved to sit beside him and declared it a pleasure to meet him. Ha! Pleasure for her, maybe, once she realized what she had at her disposal. He had no intention of letting her know so easily.

Unfortunately, it seemed the human caught on quick and had already begun to guess at what she was in possession of. He inwardly cursed his luck that she was perceptive enough to figure it out.

The scowl on Nasir's face deepened, the being in question glaring at the ring once more as she brought it up. He loathed that stupid piece of jewelry. Once upon a time he would have admired the crafstmanship, but now it was nothing more than a glamorous cage. His kind were free entities! They weren't supposed to be trapped in objects! He wanted his freedom back.

"That ring..." he spat the word as though it were poison upon his lips, hand shaking in anger as he pointed to it. "Has been my prison for four centuries!" he snarled, eyes briefly flickering between amber and his usual violet. So infuriated was he with his current predicament that he answered her question without regard to how he would be all but confirming her suspicions.

His thoughts turned into words before he could stop himself, the male still glaring daggers at the ring. "It's a disgrace to be caged like an animal!" he said in obvious disgust. Stupid humans. Humans were the reason he was in this mess to begin with! And once more he was stuck dealing with these humans. Serving one.

Before he could further devolve into an angry, sulking fit, the young woman spoke up, this time with a question. An offer, rather, and one he hadn't been anticipating. Finally looking at his new master, he regarded her skeptically as his brows furrowed. Was she toying with him? Or was she simply eager to interact with her new horse? Deciding he may as well go out while he could, he decided he would indulge in her offer. It wasn't phrased as an instruction or order, so he didn't find the idea repulsive.

"Very well. Lead on then." he said nonchalantly, ready to follow the woman when a knock was heard from outside the door.

"Amira, it's almost time to have dinner with your father. We need to get you presentable!" called Zaynab, the shahzadi's nursemaid and caretaker since the royal was a young girl. Of course, the late queen was a fine mother, but whenever a servant's assistance was needed or she was unable to attend to her daughter, Zaynab was the one entrusted with the task. And of course, that included helping Amira with her clothing and hair.

The handle on the door began to move, prompting the djinni to look over with an arched brow. Goody. More humans.
However, a spark of amusement flickered across his features, thinking this was sure to be interesting at the very least. How on earth would the noble woman react to this new development?

((Just a heads up if you decide to progress past this point (if not, I'll move the scene forward in next post to why she's being prepped, dinner, and how he's gonna behave when Zaynab enters), he can't be seen by other humans unless he chooses to show himself. He just can't hide from Amira. Not, of course, that anyone would be aware of this XD))

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Amira couldn’t help, but glance at the ring when he spat the words out. He seemed angry once again and it showed. She stayed perfectly still as he snarled. She wondered why his eyes were flickering between colors, but knew this was not the time to ask. She thought of how she was held prisoner in her home at times, but pushed the annoying thought away. Once she was in charge, she’d have more freedom with a husband or not. She planned on not for a while. Amira gave him a small smile when he said yes to going seeing her horse.

Just as Amira went to stand up, she heard a knock on her door. She rolled her eyes in annoyance. Who is here now? Oh great, Zaynab. “Give me a minute please. Do not open the door please, I will open the door. I have something in front of it,” she called out awkwardly as she quickly put her clothes back on. She glanced at Nasir and a soft sigh escaped her lips.

“Well, let me try to get out of dinner with my father, so we can go see my horse. I did mean to take you, but I didn’t think dinner was so close. If I can’t take you now, I will make it up to you later,” she whispered. Once done speaking, she ran over to the door and grabbed the handle. Amira only opened it a crack to expose half of her face. She smiled at Zaynab. She only smiled for a few seconds as she thought of what to say.

“Hello Zaynab, I will not be going to dinner tonight. I feel a bit under the weather. Could you please bring me some tea?” she asked, hopefully this would make the woman go away. Well, for a little while anyways. She wasn’t exactly sure how she’d explain Nasir. The woman would think she was crazy if she said he was her djinni.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 pm

The shahzadi's whispering was met with a shrug, the djinni not looking particularly put out for the time being. He chose not to comment on her intent, already expecting to not get his hopes up for anything. Despite the interruption, Nasir seemed unperterbed. The man made no effort to move, watching the door in interest.

Thinking she would be let in (even if it was reluctantly), Zaynab did not expect the shahzadi to merely crack her door open. If she was sick, she would still have likely opened the door, or simply called out to bid a visitor leave or enter. Besides, it wasn't the first time Amira had sought to avoid a meeting. Apparently not telling her in advance that she had a visitor didn't make her any more willing to join her father for dinner. Arching a brow, the older woman sighed softly, shaking her head in a gentle admonition. "I know what you're up to shahzadi, but you can't avoid them forever. You know how offensive it is to refuse a visitor. Now, allow me in or I'll allow myself." Zaynab gave the princess a pointed look, motioning for her to back away from her door.

Nasir looked unconcerned, and instead felt a smirk begin to form upon his lips. How ever would the shahzadi manage this? Making no effort to hide himself, he had to refrain from floating about and trying to cause a racket. After all, he doubted he would need to go to such extremes just yet to get a satisfying reaction.

"Amira dear, you really shouldn't hide yourself in here. Come come, we must make you presentable." the elderly woman stepped in, ushering Amira towards her wardrobe and her mirror. Zaynab smiled, thinking the princess a beautiful girl, even if she was strong-willed. She had been her nursemaid for many years now, caring for the princess as though she were her own daughter. Approaching Amira with another shake of her head, the elder woman spoke "Really now, are you acting like this because he's here?" she asked, knowing the shahzadi's disdain for one of her most persistent suitors, Baraz.

Appraising the shahzadi's current outfit and adjusting the cloth, Zaynab took a few seconds to decide if it was suitable enough to receive a visitor in. After a short debate, she deemed it clean and pretty enough, motioning for Amira to sit as she went through some accessories before coming to fix the royal's hair.

"I think a nice lotus pin would look good with this outfit, don't you think?" Zaynab commented, sitting Amira down on a stool, letting her hair out and brushing it until it was silky smooth. Then she began to weave it into a braid instead of leaving the elegant locks as they fell naturally.

Despite Nassir's presence, Zaynab acted as if he wasn't there. Rather, she genuinely didn't seem to realize he even existed at all, not once looking over towards the window.

Nasir simply smirked, waving and making ridiculous and sometimes obscene gestures in an attempt to get the attention he knew he would not receive. He might as well enjoy being out, and he eagerly relished the panic he was certain would appear on Amira's face.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Visitor? Who the hell is visiting now? I bet it is a stupid suitor. Doesn’t anyone understand I don’t plan on getting married anytime soon? Now Amira was annoyed with Zaynab. She moved away from the door to let the woman in. Let her see Nasir, maybe she’ll start yelling and we’ll argue for a bit, and then I could just run out. I could go to one of my many hiding spots. Amira’s face was stern with her lips pressed tightly together.

When the woman spoke, she stayed silent. If she wasn’t going to get her way, then she wouldn’t corporate willingly. She was going to be a pain in the ass. Blah. Blah. Blah. I wasn’t hiding myself, I was just about to go out to see my lovely new horse. I am hidden away here anyways, not let I can ever head out to town on my own. And did Zaynab not see Nasir? I know the woman hasn’t lost her eyesight. What in the hell is going on?

She just pressed her lips more closely together at Zaynab’s questions. Amira refused to answer. She wanted to know exactly which he she was speaking of, but she assumed it wasn’t Nasir. She didn’t think so anyways. Amira felt like Zaynab would have questioned Nasir, and she doubted the woman knew the magically creature. At Zaynab’s next question, she stilled stay silent, but it confirmed she wasn’t speaking of Nasir.

Let her put a pin on, so I can stab this visitor with it. I don’t dress to look good for anyone. Hmpf, hope father is ready for hell tonight. I guess I won’t be seeing my lovely horse for a while. Her stance was rigid as she sat on the stool. Amira resisted the urge to look at Nasir as the women let her straight hair out. Amira had her mother’s lovely black hair. Her hair reached her waist as of today, and she would like it grow a bit more before trimming it. Once Zaynab finished braiding her hair, she stayed still. She just wanted the woman to finish and leave her presence.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:01 am

While Zaynab was used to Amira's moods and her reluctance to go out and be a proper lady in front of visiting persons, especially suitors, Amira was usually at least somewhat responsive. Frowning at receiving the cold shoulder, the nursemaid shook her head, clicking her tongue softly as she chided the royal.

"You can't keep running from this forever you know. At some point, your father wants to see you wed and taken care of. Even if it's not to be your betrothed, the least you could do is be a polite and proper host. Such disrespect is shameful." she began, working on the last few inches of silky black hair. "Besides, you could even think of it as preparing yourself for dealing with those who seek an audience with you when the throne is yours. It is not wise to make enemies of everyone who comes to speak with you, shahzadi."

Finished with the princess' hair (and her lecture), Zaynab stepped back, looked over her handiwork, and then motioned for Amira to follow her. "Your father requests the guards escort you to dinner. I implore you to at least pretend you don't regard everything to be a nuisance."

Nasir's efforts to embarrass and incite panic in his new mistress were met with utterly miserable results, eliciting an odd mix of feelings. He was somehow simultaneously put out that she failed to react and impressed at her ability to ignore him. It seemed he wouldn't even be able to enjoy a little fun until she started barking orders his way. A depressing thought indeed.

He had little time to dwell on it as Zaynab opened the doors and ushered Amira out of her room. Akeem and Azar stood at the ready, nodding once to the elder woman as she entrusted them with escorting Amira to the dining hall. One guard in front, one in back, they walked with her in silence, neither one taking notice of the invisible being following with a bored look on his face. Nasir seemed to glide along as opposed to taking proper steps. Although tempted to try and get a reaction out of Amira once more, his current failure dampened his motivation to do so.

The table was adorned with golden platters and cups, drinks being poured by servants as music was played in the background. The shahansha stood near the head of the table, ready to sit down beside a dark-haired man to his right. The suitor in question appeared to be in his thirties at the earliest, a cool smile playing on his lips. Baraz bowed his head to the princess, though his eyes never strayed from her.

"A pleasure to see you shahzadi Amira." he greeted cordially, Looking at her appraisingly. She was certainly pretty enough. And the power and wealth was enough to seal the deal.

At the gesture from the king, Baraz sat opposite the princess, making himself comfortable. "You look more lovely each time we meet." he praised her, though an air of smug confidence seemed to linger about him. The shahansha for his part, saw no reason to reject the man. He was one of the subrulers of his kingdom, overseeing a decent territory for the king, being of distant relations to the royal line himself.

Nasir plopped himself unceremoniously beside Baraz, cross-legged once more. Sniffing at the man, he wrinkled his nose in distaste. He reeked of strong incense...or some kind of perfume. His thin little mustache was pathetic as well. Tugging lightly on a piece of hair, Nasir nearly lost it and snickered aloud when the man brushed his hair back, feeling the tug but otherwise completely unaware that there was a strange man sitting beside him.

"I hope you've given some thought to my proposal. I have your father's permission, of course. I am more than able to provide for you, and I'm not a dirty old man like many who would court you. Given time you'd grow to like me I am sure." began Baraz, making his fingers into a tent under his chin. He tilted his head in a contemplative manner, smiling at the proud daughter of the shah.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Amira had only nodded to Baraz and her father before she took her seat. Every muscle in her body was rigid as if in pain. She listened to Baraz speak but didn’t say a word at first. Amira’s lips twitched at Nasir’s actions. The magical being was amusing. It was hard for her not to laugh, but harder for her not to smile. She made sure to not settle her gaze on Nasir. Amira now understood that no one could see him. She pretended to gaze around the room each time she wanted to look at Nasir. When Baraz finally stopped speaking, she gave met the old man's gaze. Her expression hadn’t changed since Zaynab appeared. Some would say Amira looked bored. She had been practicing on keeping her expression blank like Akeem. Zaynab's lecture had some merit. I shouldn’t make an enemy of everyone who comes to speak to me. Though, if they weren’t suitors, I wouldn’t be so improper and impolite. Let’s see if I can play nice

“I hope your journey here was pleasant Baraz,” she paused to grab a glass of wine, “I had sent a messenger to you. As I said in the message, I must kindly decline your proposal. I am glad you received my father’s permission. He must consider you to be a good choice. I will not wed you, but I will be happy to have you as a sub ruler. I can even maybe see myself giving you more territory of my kingdom to oversee.” She sipped her wine. Amira’s body had become more rigid. It was hard for her to try to be pleasant to a suitor, especially Baraz. She’d rather be saying more unpleasant things to him. Amira glanced around the room once more, so she could look at Nasir. She settled her gaze on her father in the end.

“I do not want you to worry dear father. I will find a proper suitor when the time is right. It is not like I need to be wed to rule. Besides, I do believe all my suitors have been dirty old men or worst,” she paused to take a sip of wine and to resist the urge to give Baraz a pointed look, “It would be ideal for me to wed someone close to my age. I would then be comforted to know they could give me many heirs if I wished it. I do not plan on having any children so early in my rule, so someone young would be best. They wouldn’t be worried about old age making them unfit to give me children when I want them.”

“You have raised me very well father. I will be a fine ruler as I look for a proper husband. I have learned much of what I need to know to be able to rule. I would say I know it all, but a good ruler must always keep learning,” she added. She shifted her weight in her seat before she put her glass down. Amira picked up a utensil and took a bite of the food in front of her. She gave her food a genuine smile. The food was delicious. Amira swear they had the best cook out of all the kingdoms. She looked at her father once more.

“Although, I do have a suitor in mind. I have heard about him from the lovely people who visit us. He is young, like me, maybe younger even. He helps his brother rule his kingdom, so he is experienced. I haven’t even heard bad rumors about him. I am of course getting more information on him. I do not plan on reaching out to him until I know more. Although, let’s stop talking about this subject, it is rather boring," she said. She shifted in her seat to look at Baraz. Her expression had a hint of amusement to it.

“So, how are the territories you are overseeing Baraz? Any trouble we should know about?” she asked. Amira relaxed a bit. She wondered if she’d get a reaction out of the two men. Amira would be pleased if the reaction was unpleasant or one of surprise. Had she been able to be polite and insult Baraz at the same time? She wondered what her father was thinking as she went back to eating. Would he let her choose her own suitor? As she ate, she had to resist the urge to look at Nasir. She found Nasir intriguing.

Amira wondered why no one besides her could see him. She knew she wished many times that she was invisible. Her expression was blank as she waited for someone to speak. I wonder if they think I am lying about this potential suitor. I have only heard rumors of him when we had visitors. I do wish I remembered his name and the kingdom. I think they are only a kingdom or two away though
I should really get more information on him. I can always control someone who is younger more easily. He’d likely be delighted to marry me. I am attractive. He would even get power and wealth, if I wish it.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!