Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

The Dragon's Ballad - Partner Search

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Dragon's Ballad - Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Hello there! I’ve been a member for over a year, and have good experience with role-playing. Many of my current partners have disappeared, so I am now looking for a role-playing partner or two. Rules. I know, many of us don't like them, but I only have a few.

1. I don't really have any limits, and if you do, let me know. However, I will only go over limits by another system, such as email or messenger, to avoid breaking RPG's rules.
2. I play both males and females, though most of the time I have stronger female characters. I do have some male characters I am willing to try, but please ask me first, as I'm not a big fan of doubling.
3. Also, I am looking for literate players, possibly even advanced. Most of all, I ask that you avoid one-liners. Also, be sure to tell me if you don't feel like continuing.

*Indicates my level of interest. !Means I have a plot, which I can negotiate with you.

Genres I am most interested in now:
Varied Fantasy
*!Medieval Fantasy
****!Peter Pan
**!Mythical Creature Market

As you can tell, right now I am in the mood for a Peter Pan roleplay, and will love you forever if you decide to do this genre with me. Please post here if you are interested, and I can pm you the plot if you'd like.
The world is like an oyster with a precious pearl inside. Let's not break it open with force but with gentle co-operation.

If I'm not replying as much, its because I'm currently back at college, so have more work to do.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Dragon's Ballad - Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Still searching for partners, feel free to contact me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkOne on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Hello SliverStar89. I would be interested in doing the Peter Pan or Mythical Creature Market subjects with you ^_^ Whichever you prefer is fine by me.

DarkOne
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:24 pm

What is your idea for the "Mythical Creature Market?" I'm curious as to what that is...

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Yeah I also have to admit that I'm curious about the Mythical Creature Market.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Since several people have an interest for the mythical creature plot, I'll just post it here instead of sending it to each of you. DarkOne, I'll also pm you the Peter Pan plot.

In a medieval era, it is not fortunate to have mythical blood in your veins and live in the land of the humans. For several decades ago, magical creatures were enslaved after a terrible series of misunderstandings. Those creatures who live in the wild keep themselves scarce to survive, and the few that are able even take on human form. But what happens when a seemingly human person buys a creature for themselves, only to reveal that they are not the stereotypical master, but rather an actual friend?

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Ahh...Interesting. Looks like an interesting RP. What was the general plot line you were planning, if you're ok sharing that?

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 pm

No problem! One of us would be playing a creature who comes from the market, and the other would be playing a human, or creature in human form who buys them. Shortly after, the human would reveal that for years they have been buying creatures, rehabilitating them and then helping them find their old homes again. For a while, whoever plays the creature might decide to stay with the human for a while, and learn of their dream to help humans and creatures live together in peace. From there, it's fairly open-ended, and I'm welcome to any ideas my partner may wish to contribute.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Hmm...So...a peaceful co-existy type RP? I've never tried that before. Why not try an "underground railroad" style thing where the buyer gets contacted by a larger group of "slave owners" who want to free all the imprisoned creatures. There could be an oppressive government, possibly an oligarchy who believes that the creatures are abominations whose only purpose is to serve the human population.

Just my two cents.

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:28 pm

That sounds like a great idea! Perhaps some of the 'creature rights' activists' pose as slave owners in the shops on certain days, and sell to others in their organization to ensure the creatures get released. Perhaps they deter other possible customers by convincing the creatures to act violent and/or 'selling' them at higher prices? Thanks for your input, this is why I wanted to have other people free to add to the plot.

I'd either take on the role of a creature or the 'buyer', no real preference. Any ideas on what kind of character you want to play? I usually play characters in their early/mid twenties, so I hope you're okay with that age range. Anyways, we can continue to talk here or you can pm me.

SilverStar89
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!