Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

As the dust settles...

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

As the dust settles...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian Utrecht on Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:18 pm

Lucian groaned and adjusted himself, flexing his fingers. He then attempted to open his eyes and then shut them tightly, realizing that this was a very bad idea. He had a headache from...from what? And better yet, where the hell was he? Lucian curled up into a tight ball, fighting waves of nausea, then rubbed the back of his head. Sure enough, there was a large lump there. Lucian grit his teeth and instantly thought of the many things he would do to that person who did it, then realized he couldn't be hurt too badly if he was having thoughts of vengeance. Lucian sat up in one fluid motion, then opened his eyes slowly, allowing his pupils to adjust slowly. Lucian finally was able to open his eyes fully without pain wrenching through his skull. He stood up swiftly, then had to stop to allow for balance adjustment. He opened the door to the room he was in, and was somewhat surprised to see it wasn't locked. He stepped out into the hallway, and looked both ways. Where to go, where to go...

Lucian picked left and proceeded down the hallway, a slight headache still present. Lucian was GOING to need a bath as soon as he strangled the person who did this, that was for sure. Who knew how long he'd been out? And there was a little bit of blood caked into his *perfect* hair. Oh, was there going to be hell to pay. He finally reached the end of the hallway and opened the door...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lucian Utrecht
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:30 pm

Zach and Ess were interrupted in their siesta by the door to the cockpit whooshing open. The man who had attacked them in Florence was standing there, looking as though he had the hangover of a lifetime. The two whirled around and met his gaze. There was a strong silence in the room as the three tried to think of something to say. It was Zach who broke the tension.

"Good, you're up and on your feet. How's your head feeling?"

The man muttered something darkly, his eyes locked on Ess, who smiled guiltily.

"Well, we can get you some aspirin for that. You're on The Gilgamesh, headquarters of The Defenders. If your hungry, I can get you some canned soup, canned bread, heck if it's in a can, I can get it for you."

Zach smiled innocently and tried to draw the man's attention away from Ess for a moment. If he was going to try and attack her again, he'd have to go through Zach.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian Utrecht on Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:46 pm

Lucian took a few angry steps forward, then paused and looked at Zach. That was the little wimp he had grabbed by the throat. Lucian frowned and tried to think of what to do. He wasn't sure whether to strangle and murder them both, or forgive their transgressions. He though guiltily of God for some reason for a moment, then shook the dark look out of his eyes and replaced it with a happy smile.

"First, I need a shower. Badly. Where are they?"

Lucian Utrecht
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:45 pm

"Showers? No problem, follow me."

Zach led the man out of the cockpit, leaving Ess at the controls.

"This is the Gilgamesh, by the way. We're in orbit around Earth in the L2 Colony cluster area. The redhead back in the cockpit was Ess, she's head mechanic around here. I'm Zach the... er... pilot."

The passed from the hallway into the large main area, where Epiphany layed on its back, its feet pointing up, tall as houses as they passed them.

"This is the main hangar area, we keep our ships here, same old, same old..."

Zach quickly ushered the man into the back hallway where the living quarters and utilities were.

"Over there's our infirmary, we have the bunks lining the hallway here, and here at the end, are the communal showers, men head to the right, ladies to the left. Don't think of trying anything though. Women technicians usually carry a wrench to fend off ambitious guys. You don't want your lump to have a friend. Just hang up your stuff on a hook, pull the curtains and relax. We get a full five-minute water cycle on this ship."

Zach sealed the door to the men's showers and let out a sigh. He still had no idea what this man was all about, but making sure he didn't lose his temper inside The Gilgamesh was pretty high on his priority list at the moment.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian Utrecht on Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:19 pm

Lucian, in a somewhat childish way, skipped over to the showers and slide inside. He quickly undressed and proceeded to rinse and scrub his hair. He winced and hissed when the water hit the lump, but for the sake of clean hair, it was worth it. He then proceeded to scrub his skin near raw, convinced that he had to rid himself of everything. All of it. Whatever was on this ship would be on his skin, and by god, it would not remain there. Lucian finally stopped scrubbing and just let the water run over him. For a moment, he leaned his head against the shower wall, letting the water slide down his skin in patterns, to finally drip off his upper lip and chin. He sighed and pushed away, smoothing his hair away from his face. He turned the shower head off and grabbed a communal towel, drying off all of his body. While the thought of using a towel he hadn't personally supplied disgusted him, he figured that in times of famine, eat shit. So he bathed and finally got dressed into his old clothing.

That was another thing he'd have to ask that dippy blonde about. Clothing, a hair dryer, a wide toothed comb, and a bristled brush. After all, he needed shine. Gel was a luxury at this point, but at some point or another, he would get it. And a towel. And some booze. Booze would be blissful at this point. Or heavy medication. Lucian retraced his steps down to the cockpit and opened the door and peered in at Ess and Zach, frowning.

""I never actually caught your names...You hit me over the head with a pipe before I could properly introduce myself.""

Lucian Utrecht
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:31 pm

"I never actually caught your names...You hit me over the head with a pipe before I could properly introduce myself."

The two in the cockpit paused before speaking, suddenly reminded of the attack that had brought this... odd man into their realm.

"I'm Zach."

"I'm Ess."

"So what you all doing up here?"

"Defending Earth."

"You're going to defend Earth without wide-toothed combs?"

The two teens turned in their seats and stared at the man.

"What?"

"Nothing."
Last edited by Zach_Rendar on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian Utrecht on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:41 pm

Lucian grunted and stared at the two, waiting for someone to respond to his question and get him a damn brush."Well, no offense, but do you have something to tame my hair with or not?"

Lucian Utrecht
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:13 pm

"Yes, yes, you can use mine. I promise I don't have lice."

Ess tossed her comb to the man, who caught it deftly. He stepped out of the cockpit, already stroking the comb through his snowy hair.

"You can't be serious about keeping this guy aboard, Zach. He won't exactly be pulling his weight around here, and we don't even know if he's mentally sound. You saw how he attacked us back in Florence!"

"I know, Ess, but we won that fight, or rather, you won it with your remarkable pipe-walloping skills."

Ess sighed and checked their coordinates, making sure they were just barely out of range of L2's sensors. The Gilgamesh was certain to be a hotship right now, and everyone looking to make some easy bounty money wouldn't hesitate to try and destroy the lumbering box-shaped spaceship.

"Man, I wish things were simpler. Like before everyone built MS."

"What do you mean, what do MS have to do with it?"

"Well, obviously without MS, these wars wouldn't have started."

Ess scoffed at Zach, seeming offended.

"Well, if people hadn't built the MS and used them for war, the wars would never have started."

"Ess, people are generally good-"

"You only say that because you're a medic."

"And you think war machines are good because you're a mechanic!"

Ess stood up, Zach followed suit.

"Without people inside those MS, the wars would have ended!"

"If people didn't have MS, there'd be no way for the wars to start in the first place!"

"Get off your high horse, Zach. Not all people are good, and MS only work for the person inside!"

"What about mobile dolls? They have no emotion and can wage war just as well without pilots!"

"Only because people built them and programmed them!"

"No! Because people are good!"

"Except the ones that build EVIL mobile suits?"

"Stop twisting my words- GET BACK HERE!"

Ess had already started for the door, when it opened, they noticed a small crowd of people hanging around outside, listening to them fight. The door hissed shut, seperating the two leaders of The Defenders.

Zach sat down angrily in the pilot's seat while in her quarters, Ess threw herself onto the bed. They both shouted the same thing to no one in particular.

"How did I get mixed up with that person???"

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian Utrecht on Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:30 pm

Lucian finished combing his hair to perfection, not a single strand out of place, until a shout was heard and one strand sproinked out ouf place. Lucian glared at the hair, but more importantly, who was disrupting his tranquility? Lucian stomped out of the crews quarters and towards the deck, and he opened the door and looked inside.

Inside, he could hear Zach mumbling and growling about that "silly woman"--who? Lucian thought for a moment, then realized he was probably talking about that dopey red head. Lucian stepped inside and allowed the door to shut behind him, the soft whir calming compared to Zach's grumblings. Lucian sat in the chair, usually occupied by Ess, next to Zach. He delicately crossed his legs and placed a hand on his knee, looking at Zach with a wide-eyed look. He smiled gently and tilted his head.
"Something wrong with the missus? You know, getting romantically involved with your coworkers tends to produce such..."Lucian waved his hand around for dramatic effect, trying to act condescending yet idiotic at the same time. He knew the effect would work on Zach, and he wanted Zach angrier."Results. Really now, women onboard vessels such as these usually tend to produce...nasty...results such as these. Let me help ease your burden, my friend."

Lucian Utrecht
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:55 pm

"Let me help ease your burden, my friend."

"You're joking, right?"

Lucien merely gave a grin of utmost smugness.

"Well, I can understand if you still have feelings for her, if so, I won't go into your territory. However, if she strays into mine..."

"You don't seem to understand-"

"What's not to understand? The blonde, enthusiastic pilot... the perky red-haired mechanic? Such things would seem to just fall into place"

"Oh, shut up."

"You don't like me talking about her like that? Well, she's not really my type, I prefer blondes-"

"I said SHUT UP!"

"Don't worry, there's nothing to be said. Unrequited love can be a heartbreaking experience-"

Lucien had to duck as large mug of coffee flew where his head had been and smashed to pieces on the wall behind him. Before he could say anything else, Zach locked the controls for The Gilgamesh and had stormed out the door.

"Get Epiphany ready, I need to do some training!"

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian Utrecht on Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:14 pm

Lucian poo pooed Zach after he left and stood up. A wild grin spread across his face and he walked after Zach, but instead of following Zach to the Epiphany, he instead tracked down Ess' room, and replaced his grin with a somber yet sympathetic expression. He knocked gently on the door, knowing full well he could open it without Ess' permission anyway, but wanted to follow the guise of gentle stranger.
"Come in..."

Lucian coughed and opened the door. He stepped in, smiling at the woman who had thrown herself on the bed. Ah, she was angry, but underneath that she was hurt. Such a typical woman. Lucian cleared his throat and gave Ess the best sympathetic expression he could muster."How do you feel, my dear? I apologize for my intrusion, but I was very worried about you after the fight..."

Lucian Utrecht
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:05 pm

"How do you feel, my dear? I apologize for my intrusion, but I was very worried about you after the fight..."
Ess sat up, her eyes were dry, and an expression of rage crossed her features.

"One. I am nobody's dear. Two. I have handled men who are worse than Zach."

"You don't consider Zach a man?"

"I don't know what Zach Rendar is. He's nothing. A boy with a robot and nothing to use it for! Look, I've been subtley stemming the progress towards war for a year now, Zach comes along with a gundam that I fixed up for him, and everyone treats him like a hero. He's so stupid though, it drives me crazy!"

"Well, he's just immature and that'll go away with time."

Lucien put an arm around her shoulder and warning bells began ringing in Ess' head.

"I'm sure it will..."

"That's the spirit. Well, I'll see how I can make myself useful around here. I will see you later, Ess."

Lucien left the room, letting the door shut behind him. Even though Ess' rage was still boiling, her goosebumps signaled a chill that had run through her.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:38 am

Kiyoshi had guessed that the ship that was used by the Defenders had made it's way toward L2 from L3. Kiyoshi hoped that he was right, otherwise, he had just wasted a long amount of time and fuel trying to find the ship. He wasn't worried about what would happen when he found the Gilgamesh. If the Defenders were a group that only believed in defense, they would be apprehensive to Kiyoshi, but not in a way that would risk his life too much. The worst that could happen is that he would be captured. He had been held prisoner before, so that didn't scare him either.

Finally, after his long travel from MO-V he saw the Gilgamesh in the distance. He pushed the shuttle inside their sensor range and continued on towards it. Looking at his fuel, he saw that he was indeed very low, so a stop was almost a requirement. He then tried to make contact on an open channel.

Defenders, this is Kiyoshi Kazami of L3. My shuttle is low on fuel and I would like to discuss your ideals. I request permission to dock with the Gilgamesh. I will come aboard unarmed and pose no threat to you. You may do with me as you see fit.

Kiyoshi sat back waiting for their reply. Kiyoshi's eyes had shifted back to that of the cold gaze protecting the fragile person that hid behind them. It would seem that being in a mobile suit was one of the few places that Kiyoshi could be happy.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:59 pm

"Defenders, this is Kiyoshi Kazami of L3. My shuttle is low on fuel and I would like to discuss your ideals. I request permission to dock with the Gilgamesh. I will come aboard unarmed and pose no threat to you. You may do with me as you see fit."

Ess stopped and replayed the message. It did sound as though this guy had come without hostility, and a scan of his shuttle revealed that it had no weaponry whatsoever. Zach sat in the copilot's seat, his expression unreadable.

"Should we let him on?"

"He wasn't exactly invited, and he's the guy who imprisoned Millie, sent MS after us, not to mention that huge battleship..."

"So I take it you don't him onboard."

"Obviously."

"Zach, he's almost out of fuel. It's a courtesy, and we don't want our reputation to get any worse than it already is. Diplomacy is an important part of what we have to do. Personal grudges or no."

Zach merely grumbled to himself. He did not like this guy. After the hell he had put The Defenders through, he was just going to drop by The Gilgamesh like they were old buddies? It was disgusting.

"Well, I'm going to go get changed."

"Changed, what for?"

"Zach, we need to give the impression that we're more than just a ragtag group of mechanics-"

"But we are a-"

"I know we are! If we can make him believe that we're an organization worthy of recognition, he may be able to influence the colonies to not go to war with Earth. You need to get changed as well."

"I don't exactly have anything..."

"We'll make do. I know Boris has a suit that would look good on you, and you're both about the same stature."

Without waiting for an answer. Ess opened the comm to the shuttle.

"Kiyoshi Kazami, docking permission granted. Estovana Water and Zachary Rendar will be with you in a few minutes."

Same stature, pah. Boris was smaller in the shoulders and wider in the stomach than Zach was, but the suit was the best he could manage.

Straightening his tie the best he could, he stepped out into the hallway and was struck dumb when he caught a glimpse of Ess. She was wearing a snug blue business suit with a closely hemmed skirt with what Zach had learned to call "screw-me" shoes; spikey heels with thin straps wrapping up the leg. She looked stunning, her red hair held up in a simple ponytail instead of flowing freely as it usually did.

"Ess..."

"Yes?"

"You're... you're... wearing a dress."

Ess' face changed from slight embarassment to aggravation.

"Well Zach, I AM a girl, and girls have been known to wear dresses from time to time."

"Yeah, but it's... it's..."

"It's nothing worse than what you'd see in an office building, Zach."

"I know... but don't you think it's a bit... much?"

"A bit much for what?"

"You know what I'm talking about! Just who are you trying to impress?"

"What does it matter to you who I'm trying to impress? Come on, we're late to meet Kiyoshi."

"You go ahead, I need to check on Boris' ankle."

"Oh really, you sure you want me alone with him?"

"Psh, like that's not what you wanted in the first place!"

The two of them growled as they stormed off in opposite directions, Zach towards the medical bay, Ess towards the docking area.

Ess was able to regain her composure enough to look normal as the shuttle finished its docking procedure. The hatch lowered and Kiyoshi stepped out.

Time to turn on the charms...

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:53 pm

Kiyoshi had changed out of his }{G Pilot suit. He didn't want to come on board in that way. He was wearing the beige outfit he had worn before going off on the mission on MO-V (OOC: Basically what I'm wearing in my avatar and signature). He was also wearing his sunglasses. Kiyoshi looked at Ess with a little surprise. He recalled that this was the same girl he had let escape on L3, but she didn't look like this. Kiyoshi stepped forward and tried to be as non-threatening as possible. Kiyoshi held out his hand to Ess.

I see instead of meeting in a hallway during a prison break, we meet formally. I am Kiyoshi Kazami. I am guessing you're Miss Estovana Water. I was hoping the Gundam pilot would have been here as well. Kaden, has a serious grudge against Mr. Rendar that I must discuss with him.

Kiyoshi stood there looking at Ess. His eyes weren't as cold as they once were, probably because being inside a cockpit brought his spirit back to life just a little bit, but there was still a cold icy shield trying to guard Kiyoshi through his eyes.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:04 pm

"I see instead of meeting in a hallway during a prison break, we meet formally. I am Kiyoshi Kazami. I am guessing you're Miss Estovana Water. I was hoping the Gundam pilot would have been here as well. Kaden, has a serious grudge against Mr. Rendar that I must discuss with him"

Ess nodded her head graciously and gestured for Kiyoshi to walk alongside her as they went through The Gilgamesh.

"Please, call me Ess. I'm sorry Mr. Rendar couldn't join us, something came up in the med bay that he had to take care of."

Kiyosi nodded and followed.

[i]You have a nice ship for a small terrorist group"

Thank you, The Gilgamesh used to be a freighter for a shipping comany my parents owned before they broke up. I got it when I left home. Also, we're not really a terrorist group. We're more of a peacekeeping organization.

The two arrived in the hangar where Epiphany stood in its fully-repaired glory. Kiyoshi smiled.

So you claim... The Gundam is more impressive in person.

Yes, I'm very glad we had the opportunity to build it. It was only half-finished when we picked it up.

"If Kaden has his way, it will not stay in this repaired condition for long."

Kiyoshi's voice was cold. Ess tried to stay calm.

"I'm assuming Kaden is the pilot of the Leo that flew into the path of Mr. Rendar's missiles?"

"Yes, he can be a dangerous man. He has the training and geneology of two
legendary pilots of the }{G, and now is after the Epiphany, and The Defenders."

We were worried that was so. However, we have more armaments than just Epiphany. The Gilgamesh is more than capable of defending itself.

Kiyoshi shook his head and stared Ess in the eyes.

"You do not understand the threat he poses against you and this ship. In many cases one mmeber of the }{G can be more effective than several teams of mobile suits. I would know... I am... was... a member."

We'lll deal with that threat when it comes around. I believe you wanted to know more about The Defenders?

"Yes, I want to know if you truly believe in your ideals. I at first question this, thinking kaden had died at the hands of the Gundam pilot. Then when I learened that he was alive, I couldn not come after you in some petty revenge. I am not in this war to continue war."

The same can be said for us. We are on neither side of this war, since we inhibit both the offensive capabilities of Earth as well as the colonies.

You made a devastating blow to the Colonies with your cyber-terrorism. I too have weakened the Colonies offensive capabilities.

"Very good, however, with our eyes turned towards the colonies, a man named Jyotika has united Asia and Australia and has begun producing MS at a surprising speed. He and his factories are our next target."

"He is part of the reason why I have travelled here to speak with you."

"So you know of him too. I'm sure your men and Zach could destroy a couple of factories if need be.

"Of course, it would not be a problem, but your are missing the bigger picture."

"Oh?"

"Earth and Space are no different. They are both controlled by evil men with their own dark agendas. You may even see me as one of those evil men. I will not try to convince you with my words. I hope to one day prove to you, and your Gundam pilot, whom I'm guessing did not come here because of some bitterness towards me and my people on L3, that I am not one of those that wish to corrupt both earth and space with their own dangerous ideals."

"So what do you propose we do about it?"

"I would like to propose an alliegance between the Defenders and the L3 Defense Force."

"We... don't wish to be openly affiliated with any sort of government. Otherwise, we'll have the whole of their opponent out to strike the third party."

"I do not represent a government. Not anymore. Soon my leadership over L3 will be terminated. There are many who will continue to follow me and those that do, will make up the L3 Defense Force. I come to you not to have your name added to some Government agenda. I have taken it upon myself to begin my own mission of peace. A peace that will be for both Earth and the Colonies. If the leaders that are in place now remain in that power, there will be no peace. Many more lives will be loss...and I've seen enough of that in my time."

"I agree that some sort of alliance would be beneficial, but Mr. Rendar is our only pilot, and we as a group are afraid that he'll leave us if we go around making alliances... Truth be told, his staying here is already on tenderhooks"

"I have atleast three other pilots, I can also offer my services as a pilot. I am much better in the controls of a mobile suit, than at a podium on some stage. I would like to meet with Mr. Rendar if it was at all possible. I do not mind if he yells at me for any autrocities he might believe I have committed."

Don't worry about him yelling at you. You're not the one he's mad at. Just a moment please.

Ess moved over to the intercom and paged Zach.

"Now it's up to him to come up if he wants."

"I would like to appologize for the way my men treated one of your own."

Millie didn't tell us about what happened on L3. Though to be honest, we didn't ask. She's been keeping to her quarters and is welcome to help us with everything when she's ready.

Zach came into the room, still wearing Boris' baggy suit.

What is it Ess- Oh geez, hi. How you doing?

Zach, this is Kiyoshi, and he has a proposition for us."

"You both did not have to dress up on my behalf."

Zach glared at Ess, who blushed the slightest bit.

"Just a courtesy..."

"It's the thought that counts. Your Gundam is an impressive mobile suit."

Thank you, she's more than an asset to The Defenders.

OOC: Okay, that's all I have juice for tonight, you can finish this, Kiyo.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:31 pm

OOC: Alright! Continuing on from there...Let me warn that this all came from an aim conversation Zach and I had so I apologize for any grammatical errors, such as errors in tense. Just deal with it for now, cause it's a lot!

IC:

Kiyoshi held out his hand to Zach.

Your Gundam is an impressive mobile suit.

Zach takes Kiyoshi's hand and shakes grudgingly.

Zach: Thank you, she's more than an asset to The Defenders.

Kiyoshi lets go of Zach's hand then steps back.

As Ess has said, I have come with a proposition.

Zach glances at Ess again, the merest hint of a frown on his face, an expression of defiant indifference on hers.

I would like to propose an allegiance between the Defenders and the L3 Defense Force. You should know about how dangerous it is becoming both on earth and in space.

Zach - You're right, but The Defenders should be able to prevent the worst of it.

With one Gundam? You are too optomistic.

Zach refuses to let himself show his anger.

Zach - You should know that there are more ways to fight than with MS. Remember; you're the one who had to deal with a busted ISS.

The pilot you faced before will be coming here to kill you and destroy this ship. He has something up his sleeve, you won't be able to win this time.

Kiyoshi focused his eyes on Zach's trying to make his point clear.

Zach stares back, green intensity betraying his calm demeanor.

Zach - Well, I've been working with Epiphany, and we've improved. If this guy comes along trying to kill us, I'm not going to stop and go for nonlethal tactics.

Ess - Zach, you know that we do not kill people.

Zach - We try not to.

You don't have the experience to stop him. He killed a former member of }{G on MO-V during it's take over. This member of }{G I knew personally, and he was not an easy kill.

Ess - Zach, we're going to need help, and we don't have the supplies to keep Epiphany in repair through too many battles. We need to avoid fighting if we can. You have improved, but it's only a step up from the ground floor. I've watched records of expert pilots and to be frank, you're a better medic than a pilot.

Zach lets out a calming sigh, trying to ignore the feeling that he's being ganged up on.

Zach - If I need practice, then I guess I'll take Epiphany out for some training. You two can work things out and get to know each other a little better. Have fun, Ess, I'll see you later.

Kiyoshi steps back and shakes his head.

I'm sorry. I do not wish to seem threatening or forcing you into an allegiance with me. I've just seen too many lives wasted...

Ess sighs.

Ess - I'm sorry about Zach, he's just been on edge lately.

I understand. There is no need to apologize. I understand him more than he might realize.

Ess - Well, kudos to you, because I know I don't.

Kiyoshi smiles slightly.

Pilots tend to understand each other better.

Ess sends Kiyoshi a "that's so corny" look.

Ess - Right, well, he's a nice guy when he doesn't feel threatened. He thinks you're here to take his place as primary pilot. He's been overshadowed by them his whole life.

I wouldn't want to do that. If Kaden does arrive, however, Mr. Rendar should not be the one that pilots Epiphany.

Ess - Yes... but Epiphany is tailored to Zach. The two of us have a pilot/mechanic bond to it. It feels like we were... er... nah, that's silly. I was going to say that we were meant to be Epiphany's team. But, Epiphany is just a machine, like any other.

I've studied it well in simulations. It is, as I said, impressive. I will not try and force myself to be the pilot of it, but, if the need arises, I will help protect this ship. Even if you decide not to join with me.

Ess - If worst comes to worst, we can support Epiphany in the Enkido. I would, though ask if you'd like to join us in a strike against an Asian weapons facility that's being constructed right now.

I do not know how much I could help myself. I do not have a mobile suit of my own, but the three pilots I mentioned could be helpful.

Ess - Very well, we'll work together then. I'm not sure if Zach'll be too happy with that, but I don't think- well... I hope he doesn't leave because of it.

I do not want to cause any internal problems within your group. Losing Zach would mean you would lose the Gundam, with out that, the Defenders are more in danger than they are now.

Ess - Zach won't leave us... I just have a feeling about it. We'll be glad to set up an alliance with your men, if it'll save us the grief of a battle.

I will need to return to L3. I would like to ask if my men as well as two women could remain on board the gilgamesh.

Ess - Of course, of course. Some fresh faces will be welcome aboard.

I will not be returning to the Gilgamesh right away. I will have to return to my place within the }{G and monitor Kaden. He may become our next ally.

Ess - Alright then, I'll be sure to inform everyone about the changes about to go on. Just please keep your visit to us on the down-low around Kaden. I know how some pilots can get when their MS are destroyed.

That's not why he wants to kill all of you. The Leo was practically nothing to him.

Ess - Then... why?

Zach attacked the Colonies and the Pegasus, the battleship that entered the battle. The Pegasus has been the home to many pilots throughout the years.

Ess - The Pegasus? Was that the battleship? We thought you called that in as reinforcements!

It holds a very treasured place in our hearts.

Ess - Oh... I see...

No, the Pegasus appeared randomly. I was not expecting reinforcements, nor did I call for any. I hope to make Kaden realize that Zach was only trying to escape by distracting him long enough to get away. At least, that is what I am guessing he attempted to do.

Ess - I hope you're successful in doing so. The last thing Zach needs is enemies. Especially when he does so poorly among friends...

Sometimes it is better to not have friends. It hurts less when they die.

Ess - . . . He was a medic on the side of White Fang, do you think that's why? He saw people dying in person during those battles, not exploding MS...

He probably saw it more often than I did. The reason I am the way I am today, is because of all the lives I've seen lost. Many at my own hands.

Ess watches as Epiphany flies by past the windows outside.

Ess - Do you think he'll ever get better about this?

Kiyoshi sighed as he walked closer to one of the windows and looked out it.

I hope so. If not he'll end up like me. Cold and alone.

Both stare out the window for a while, watching Epiphany improve it's maneuvers slowly.

Ess - He doesn't deserve that.

Very few do.

Kiyoshi continues to watch the Epiphany.

Hopefully, by the time I return to this ship, I may have a mobile suit comparable to his.

Ess - He could use the help. Feel free to come back anytime. I'll try to make Zach behave next time.

Heh, who knows. Maybe one day in the future we'll call each other friends.

Ess grins at Kiyoshi.

Ess - In the future of an alternate universe where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems.

Kiyoshi smiled then turned to Ess and bowed slightly.

Take care, my crew will arrive whenever they leave off of L3.

Ess - See you later then.

Ess returns the light bow.

Kiyoshi then made his way back to his shuttle, he looked back for a moment and thought "Objective Two...Complete.". Then, Kiyoshi made his way on board. His shuttle had been refueled by this time and so Kiyoshi left off for L3.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:39 pm

An old, small carrier makes its way towards the Gilgamesh. Inside at the controls sits Han and in the co-pilot seat is Eota. Han flips a switch.

Han - This is your captain speaking. We're approaching the Gilgamesh and should be docking with them soon. At this moment I'd like to thank you for flying Cruddy Old L3 Carrier Airline, that is all.

Eota shook his head wondering if Han could have been any cheesier. The carrier had a second section behind the cockpit, with four seats. This is where Base, Stacy and Lisa were sitting. Behind them was where the mobile suits were stored. Stacy wasn't too sure how Kiyoshi had managed to get out three Taurus mobile suits, but she knew Base was excited about it. He had rambled on about it for the duration of the voyage from L3. She wasn't a pilot, but she did understand how much of an upgrade this was for the two ensigns. Han had mentioned he had piloted almost all of the mass production mobile suits at one point or another, so it wasn't anything new to him. Base and Eota would have to get used to the improved speed and also the ability to transform into a fighter mode.

They all tried not to think about their former home, each of them were more focused on Kiyoshi, and trying to figure out exactly what he was doing. It was like he was trying to be an indirect leader. Each of them had put their faith into Kiyoshi, and that would not change.

Han put the controls on auto pilot as he opened up a communication to the Gilgamesh.

Han - This is the L3 Defense Force, we're approaching from the port side. We're requesting permission to dock and unload our mobile suits.

The three pilots shared pretty much the same feelings. Soon they would meet with the pilot of the Gundam, a man that had threatened their lives. It would be hard to erase those feelings, but if what Kiyoshi said was true, they would have to.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:55 pm

"Prepare for shuttle entry... Shuttle bays doors opening now..."

The Defenders sat around, watching the spectacle unfold before them. The air was filled with tension. Not only were people who had been enemies the day before coming onto the Gilgamesh with three very good MS, Zach and Ess had another spectacular argument after their leader, Kiyoshi, had left.

Zach had accidently run into a piece of floating debris and put a large, ugly dent in Epiphany's armor almost exactly where the Dober shot had hit it before. Ess had exploded at him for being careless during his training, and Zach had returned in kind, claiming that Ess had said that the area around the Gilgamesh was clear, and there was no way he could have seen the black boulder against the blackness of space. The two had stormed off and were now standing next to each other, although they were clearly on different worlds at this point. Neither existed to the other as the hangar bay closed and air filled the chamber. Zach used this opportunity to head down to the shuttle and greeted them, although he could have done it a bit more tactfully.

"Hey there. I'm Zach Rendar, Gundam pilot and leader of The Defenders!

"Leader my ass! I'm the one who organizes all of this!

If the tension in The Gilgamesh was tight before, it was like spandex then.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:06 pm

Han stepped out of the shuttle, with Eota and Base right behind him. The girls, Lisa and Stacy stood behind the men. Han made a slight glare at the Gundam pilot.

Han - Hmph...The pilot of the Gundam. You destroyed my Leo.

Base stepped forward shaking his fist.

Base - And nearly killed me!

Eota crossed his arms and shook his head.

Eota - He destroyed your vernier's to try and get us out of the way.

Base crossed his arms looking away from Eota.

Base - It still could have killed me!

Han - That's enough, both of you.

Han stepped forward holding out his hand.

Han - I am Commander Han Richards of the L3 Defense Force. These are my two Ensigns...

Eota quickly stood at attention. His hair covered the part of his scar above his eye.

Han - Eota Mars...

Base tightened his bandanna around his head and then stood at attention.

Han - Base Rynolds.

Lisa stepped forward next.

Lisa - I'm Lisa Nichruen, I was Kiyoshi's secretary.

Stacy stepped forward beside Base.

Stacy - My name is Stacy Matta, I worked in the Mobile Suit Factories on L3. I am currently designing a mobile suit for Kiyoshi, and was hoping to use your Gundam's data to improve the design.

The group that now made up the L3 Defense Force almost seemed like a rag tag group, but no worse than that of the Defenders.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.