The Earthen Plane: Sun of Fury

The Earthen Plane: Sun of Fury [Open]

a part of “The Earthen Plane: Sun of Fury”, a fictional universe by cjeap.

Every few years on Flat Earth, the raging Sun wreaks havoc on the small village of Sinopia by burning it to a crisp. Sick of the never-ending damage to their lives and property, a group of villagers set out on a quest in an attempt to destroy The Sun.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Earthen Plane: Sun of Fury”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Earthen Plane: Sun of Fury [Open]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Last edited by cjeap on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cjeap
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Earthen Plane: Sun of Fury

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Hello, this is my first roleplay here. This board will serve for any discussion and to supplement the game. I'll be posting some more information as needed. Plot elements have been discussed at the interest check post: post1170402.html#p1170402 and can continue here. Please feel free to post anything related to this and join if interested.

I'll be playing the Sun. I'll put the character up when I'm done figuring out the history and background. As soon as people sign up and make characters, we can get this thing going.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cjeap
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Earthen Plane: Sun of Fury [Open]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:32 am

Count me in cjeap! X3

I'm working on a chara now .... hopefully will submit the profile on or before Monday.

Also ... what stage of technology/style do you see these vilagers ... like loin cloth and semi-barbaric, for example?
A successful novel should interrupt the reader’s life, make him or her miss appointments, skip meals, forget to walk the dog. - Stephen King

The same should apply for an RP.

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:49 am

I'd say they're a little more civilized than that. Maybe Dark Age-ish? They're in the desert plains though so probably Dark Age mixed with desert (Aladdin?)-style.

They're not advanced technologically. With the constant attacks they have no chance to develop. Almost nobody in the village has any machine equipment, which would have to be traded or imported from somewhere else.

cjeap
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Character Submission ....

Character 1

Name: Lucina
Nickname: Luce
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 124lbs
Hair Color: Black (with prisms of purple and burgundy)
Eye Color: Aquamarine
Complexion: Somewhat tan
Physique: Defined yet girlish, Her right arm, hand and neck is covered in scars from being burnt
Citizenship: Sinopian

Strengths:
■Quick-Minded and quick on her feet
■Doing what she feels is right
■Supporting and taking care of her family

Weaknesses
■Children
■The ones she loves
■Often can have a quick temper

Skills
■Hunting with a bow and arrow
■Skinning and making clothes and packs
■Cooking and keeping a house
■Can be very persuasive

Personality
In rare times around her family, especially her niece and nephew she can be sweet and caring. She tries to wear a smile and give her family hope that their lives will get better. She is a hard worker and tries to keep up the family's estate, no matter how many times it is burned. Likewise can be said for their spirit.

History
All of her life, Lucina has know one thing ... death and destruction... She was born into the village of Sinopia along with her twin brother, to a loving mother and father... At the age of three she survived her first attack from the sun god... As she ash rained down through the smoke, she realized her mother was gone, leaving her father to care for the twins. He taught them how to survive.
Almost three years to the date after that, the sun god would unleash his fury upon the small village. In his path he would leave burnt homes, dead mothers and fathers... even dead children. Lucina's father built a shelter that had protected them for many years. After each attack they would emerge on the madness and rebuild. They would attempt to rebuild their homes and barns, attempt to restock their supplies and livestock. They reconstruct the schools and temple, re-cloth themselves... It would always be to no avail.
During the repeated years of destruction and revival, Lucina's twice Lucas married another villager, Helen. Lucas and his wife had two children, twins of course. A boy, Orion, and a girl, Olivia. The family, rather large compared to others in the village, fought hard to protect each other and their home. The eventually branched away onto the outskirts of Sinopia and this caused them to only suffer minor damage from the sun god's fury.
However this did not last for long...
On Her niece and nephew's sixth birthday the sun god stuck the village... This time his fiery rage reached their home. He burnt all that they had... He struck so quickly, that they had no time to seek their father's constructed shelter. That day Lucina lost her father, her sister-in-law and both her beautiful, young niece and nephew.
When the flames licked the earth the last thing Luce remembered was looking out to the west and seeing nothing but blaze. She quickly scooped up her niece to her horror was already aflame. Luce sprinted in the direction of the shelter, clutching to her niece as the flames licked at her dress and arms. Screaming, Luce tried to stifle the flames, but they seemed to only grow stronger. Unable to bare the pain any longer, she sank to her knees. Looking down to Olivia's face, she realized the girl's screaming had came to an end. Her eyes were closed and her precious skin was deformed. Luce collapsed on the ground atop her niece and slept.
Lucina awoke inside the small shelter to the sound of her brother's voice. She called out to him in what she thought was a scream... however it was only a small whisper. He was at her side in a flash whispering her name. She could tell he was crying. Looking down at her scarred and arms and hands she remembered Olivia had been under her. Asking for Olivia she tried to sit up, but her brother had already burred his face in her stomach. It was then that he explained to her, through sobs and tears, how the sun god had finally reached their family... He had took them all... Luce and Lucas were the only ones left...

Character Number 2

Name: Lucas
Nickname: Luke
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 150lbs
Hair Color: Black (with prisms of purple and burgundy)
Eye Color: Aquamarine
Complexion: Somewhat tan
Physique: Muscled from working
Citizenship: Sinopian

Strengths:
■Quick-Minded and quick on his feet
■Leading a virtuous life
■Supporting and taking care of his family

Weaknesses
■His Children and Wife
■His Twin Sister
■Often can have a quick temper

Skills
■Hunting with a bow and arrow
■Building shelters/homes/barns
■Farming
■ Resourceful

Personality
Lucas is very jovial. He likes to laugh and joke. He is very much the 'whistle while you work' type. Getting in the floor and playing with his children is the highlight of his day. He loves with all his heart and would do anything to protect the ones he cares about.

History
Much the same at Lucina's... Only during the sun god's latest rage, he found himself pinned under a falling, ablaze stone. Rendered helpless he watched as his wife, son and father burnt to death... Their screams of agony filled his ears and he became furious. In a rare moment of freakish strength , he pushed aside the stone and ran forward, finding his sister's body covering her daughters. Falling to his knees beside them, he realized Luce was still breathing, barely, but Olivia was gone. Through the tears and the flames he carried Luce to the shelter. He cared for her for days until she finally woke from her tormented dreams... Only to discover her dreams of slumber were realities nightmare.

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Awesome, two characters. Are you going to submit them to the roleplay tab?
Since you've posted yours, I'll probably put up a Roleplayers Wanted post to see if anyone else is interested. Depending on how many people we get, I can determine whether I too want to play an adventurer (which I probably will) or just play NPCs/villains.

I was also toying around with Autorealm and came up with a map idea. Here.
There would be more villages scattered throughout.
Attachments
sinopianmapbeta.jpg
map idea
(210.67 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

cjeap
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby catherinebutcher on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:15 am

Hey, count me in ! Could you do a like a family actually heading away from the sun to the moon side, because they for see great danger, in attacking the sun?

catherinebutcher
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:12 am

Hey! Love the map. It's awesome! Will the 'underworld' be just like this one, only darker of course? Like just like a flip on the 'lighter' side. That might be pretty cool.

And yes, now that I have your approval, I will submit my two in the tab asap today.

My chara's have a reason to be jaded toward the sun god fella... so they will be quite easily convinced or otherwise to journey to the dark side in search of a solution or just seek their revenge on him... either one could work.

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby super-6-1 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:56 pm

illl be posting a nother for the underworld soon
Google CR-48 tester and user.
MLG gamer of H2O PMS clan

super-6-1
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Welcome aboard, glad you're interested. Well, this is more of a dangerous quest roleplay with a group of adventurers, with less focus on one family. So maybe that could be a minor event within the story?

Sure, we could make The Underside a mirror image, although the terrain features might be a little different. I'll post that map up later.
Either one is fine, I'll leave the motives up to you.

I'm going to work on the Sun character which should develop the plot a bit more, and probably another villager. I'll have them up soon. If anyone has any ideas for anything, don't hesitate to post.

cjeap
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:28 pm

I think it would be cool to have all the playing villagers meet up in the RP and perhaps decide then to go on the quest/journey to the underside of the world ... Perhaps their goals could be to either destroy the current Sun God/Replace him or simply starting out, they could be in search of more information about to how to kill and/or replace him.

I liked the idea about the legend... Perhaps one that had been told amongst the villagers. Telling of a 'chosen one', Sinopian born, who would one day overcome the current God and replace him to bring peace to both sides of the earth. However the current villagers have no idea who that is or even could be or even if the legend is true or just something told to the children to give them hope.

Either way, they know something must be done before life in Sinopia ceases to exist. Thus they set out on the journey... Perhaps along the way they could fine some sorts of magic or weapons and maybe it would only take to certain ones in the group or effect each in a different way. Maybe towards the end of their journey the 'chosen one' is obvious to the others. Therefore they know what they must do kinda thing ... ::cue epic battle::

Just some ideas to think about. I know they are similar to the ones posted in the other thread. But thought I would post them here just as food for thought.

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Yeah I was thinking they'd all have to meet up somehow first and not just simply start together. And good idea about the goals, having people go for different reasons would also be interesting. I was thinking they wouldn't know about the replacement option until they seek out more information first.

About the chosen one thing, maybe that could be why the Sun is out to kill them. Maybe the current god is of Sinopian blood, and only a Sinopian could replace the Sun. So it's like a bloodline thing. Then there would need to be a reason why the Sun is so angry, which is still up for debate...
Or maybe, it would probably make sense if the current Sun was not Sinopian blood, but of a rival village? Maybe the Moon is of Sinopian blood and when the Sinopians moved to the Upside, the Sun perceived that as a threat to take both the Sun and the Moon?

I don't know. I'm still thinking of a good, bullet-proof motive for this Sun. I'll post the Sun's character sheet here before putting it in the tab just in case revisions are needed.

I was also thinking that if the Sun is defeated, the sun slowly dies. Either someone has to take its place immediately or the Sun dies off forever. Of course nobody would know this until they seek information.

Another thing is enemies. I was thinking some of the other villages may not like the Sinopians. Maybe others view them as lesser since they're hated by the sun god or it's affecting the environment. Of course most probably won't mind them, some villages may not welcome them (or want them dead). Should evil beasts and such stay on the Underside, or should they be roaming the Upside as well?

I was thinking about those cultist guys I came up with in the Interest thread. Maybe they could be some corrupt group but they're also employed by the ruling Kingdom to control the rift by charging tolls and keeping beasts out (Maybe they're the ones who built the rift in the first place). Although this thought won't be that important right now but it's something to consider for the future.

cjeap
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Alright, here's my character sheet for The Sun.
(picture by NASA)

Character name: The Sun (Quemus, Jr. The Second Sun God)

Description:
The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System and the reigning deity on Flat Earth. The Sun is essentially a ball of fiery plasma piloted by the Sun God and fueled by human sacrifice. One becomes the Sun God only by defeating the previous Sun God in combat and wearing its armor (which starts the irreversible transformation of human to god). If a Sun God is defeated and nobody wears the armor, the Sun loses its energy and disappears forever.

The Sun’s primary function is allowing sustained life on planets (Flat Earth) by providing heat, light, and energy. However, depending on the pilot’s intent, the Sun also has the power to devastate.
The Sun God resembles a human shape made entirely of solar energy and fire. It always stands at about eight feet tall with an indeterminable weight.

Personality:
Quemus, Jr. is a confused individual. He lived an unsatisfying human life and always felt cheated, which consequently made him short-tempered and impulsive.

Equipment:
[*]Armor of the Sun: Red suit of armor worn by the Sun God. The armor gives the user power and the ability to pilot the Sun.
[*]The Solar Blade: An extension of the Sun God. A super-enchanted red sword reinforced with magic and solar power.

History:
1400 years ago, the world was a dark and lawless hell overran by powerful wizards who used their magic with reckless abandon. One wizard in particular, Warlock Sinos, was disappointed with the world he was living in. He grew tired of the bloodshed and chaos and felt ashamed that he was part of the problem.

The man decided to leave the fray and seek refuge at the edges of the world. He met his wife there, settled down and had a son. Maintaining a peaceful life, however, was far from possible. It was difficult trying to raise a son in such a tumultuous environment and Sinos did not want his son growing up in such a world.

In an ultimate test of power, Sinos drained the magic from millions of beings around Flat Earth and used it to create a magic star to hover above the planet to provide light and energy for those who were also seeking peace and harmony. The Sun was unstable on its own, so Sinos sacrificed himself to pilot his new creation for as long as possible.

Many enjoyed the change of pace and decided to adapt to this new, simple way of life. Others, especially the magic-drained and bloodthirsty, were enraged. The Angered, as they were now called, did whatever they could to disturb the peace and upset the new Sun God. Sinos decided that if they were not going to behave, they’d be better off somewhere else. He banished The Angered to the Underside of the planet where they were free to continue wreaking havoc amongst themselves.

Twenty years later, an old warrior named Quemus (one of the Angered) and his son, decided to lead a revolt against the Sun God. He felt Sinos had no right to change the world for his own reasons and banish over half the world population. He also thought Sinos was an arrogant fool for thinking he could be a god. Quemus was a man filled with eternal hatred and rage and wanted nothing other than to see the death of Sinos and the destruction of his silly star.

Quemus, Jr. was loyal to his father but felt Sinos had some good ideas. He also felt cheated by Sinos, he was one of the last necromancers and his power was partially drained. He decided to go along with his father’s endeavors. The two led a huge army back to the Upside to challenge Sinos the Sun God. This infuriated Sinos, and as a punishment created another “super ball”, The Moon, to hover above the Underside and be piloted by his sick wife whose human body was fading anyway. This only made The Angered more upset and escalated their attack. It was one versus thousands and the Angered were still outmatched by the Sun God’s waves of solar fire. The plan would have been a complete bust had Quemus, Jr. not been there to continuously resurrect fallen soldiers and his general father.

Sinos’ biggest mistake was deciding to fight honorably. Sinos was a wizard, not a close-combat fighter. Quemus realized this and when he got close enough, he challenged Sinos to a sword fight. Quemus managed to disarm him and then struck him with his own Solar Blade, a killing blow. The Sun began to fade. Quemus was, for the first time in years, happy. His son, however, felt somebody should take over for Sinos and volunteered to be the Sun God. An argument erupted between the two and In a fit of rage the son killed the father. A true crime of passion. Quemus, Jr. put on the armor and became the new Sun God. It wasn’t until a bit later he realized the error in killing his father. To make it up to him, he swore on his life to do anything in his power to make Sinos’ relatives suffer.

Quemus, Jr. is the current Sun God.

---------------------------------------------
So hopefully this sheet also doubles as plot information. Let me know if there are any problems with it. If there are none, I'll put it up on the tab. I was thinking only one of Sinos' bloodline is fit to use the full power of the Sun and so his most direct descendant is the chosen one. Also Sinos is the founder of Sinopia, I'm not sure if I hinted at that well enough in the post.

Also, I designed map for the Underside, it's a copy of Upside only there are more trees, mountains, and bodies of water. The area around the Moon is a haven safe from violence. I put two villages on there fighting over the freshwater Lake of Conquest. Might be an interesting conflict.
Attachments
sinopianmapbeta2.jpg
(110.27 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Last edited by cjeap on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cjeap
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:20 am

Wow! That was great! I would definitely put that up as information. His history is the history for the Role Play in general.

The map is also awesome! Can't wait to get this started up! Hopefully with the new information on the Sun God we can attract some more players. =3

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circus on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Hey, this is my first post on this forum, so I would like to say hello and whatnot.

Hello.

Now that's out of the way, I'm interested in this RP and would like to join. I've an idea for a character, but it's still in development. I'm writing this post to show that I am interested with the idea of the story and hope to jump right in as soon as I write the character bio and it gets approved.

Thanks,
Circus.

Circus
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscar L. English on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 pm

I am really digging this plot! I need to make a character for it. First I need to think of a character, since I am in the bad habit of creating completely new characters for each roleplay I join.
"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Oscar L. English
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 am

¡Excelente! It's nice to see more people showing interest. Welcome both of you (and welcome to RPG, Circus), I look forward to seeing your characters. I'll probably create a villager too, just in case. And yeah, I updated that information along with the maps to the tab.

Yesterday I thinking: Why don't the Sinopians just leave?

I came up with: If they relocated, the Sun would still would bother them unless they went to the Underside which may be too dangerous. If they dispersed, they'd be on their own. Many villages (though not all) are either hostile or won't take in Sinopians fearing it'll give The Sun a new target. Also, Sinopians take pride in themselves and their village, find strength in unity, and they've always been here. Some find it dishonorable to (permanently) leave the village while others are left to deal with the attacks.

So this is why Sinopians stick around every time to rebuild (unless anyone comes up with a better idea).

Important Edit: Assuming nobody has bailed out and the new people submit their characters, we've got five people. That's probably enough to start the roleplay. So once all characters have been submitted, if nobody has any issues I'll post an intro topic so we can start. I'm not going to be too strict on post-length or any of that stuff, but please no one-liners. We don't need twenty paragraphs either, just post something with substance.

I don't think I'll ever close this roleplay so more people can sign up at anytime. Depending how far along the journey we are, I'll probably open up the possibility of main characters not from Sinopia. Also, character death is possible.

Please post here if you intend to quit for whatever reason or are going to be unable to post for awhile. We've all got real lives and responsibilities, but just leaving and not saying anything is rude. Let's try not to fail each other.

Last, any issues, info, and ideas for the story can just go here. Input from everybody is best, I could sit here and roleplay the story all by myself but that wouldn't be nearly as fun nor interesting.

cjeap
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarahGracie on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 am

Hello Circus and Oscar! Welcome and can't wait to RP with you guys! If you need any help at all with anything, please feel free to ask. :)

Cjeap - I think that is a good idea for the reason the SInopians haven't just moved on. I even mentioned in my character history, that they had moved to the outskirts of town, in hopes to avoid the wrath. However, the god still got them and their land. So I was thinking along the same lines you were. Either he will find them and continue to destroy them and also the other people of the land shun them. It would probably be possible for like one person to escape and hide and possible start up a new life in another village. But simply impossible for a large group or the whole village to relocate.

In my mind, I see other villages viewing the Sinopians as 'the cursed' or something to that effect. Like they carve it into their people's minds not to even look at a Sinopian because of their 'damned' status. Even trading with them would be a risk for fear that the sun god would turn his fury on their own family or village. However, I figure there would be some rouges out there that take the risk to help them out every once in a while.

Anyway, Keep up the good work and can't wait for this to kick off! X3

SarahGracie
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:21 pm

We just got one step closer to starting!
Circus, I approved your character. But I was looking at your history and, just for clarity, the Sun God only attacks Sinopia.

cjeap
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circus on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Edited the history.

I would like to start asap.

Circus
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!