Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Fair Folk

The Fair Folk

a part of “The Fair Folk”, a fictional universe by Cloud.

The Seelie and Unseelie have always lived in delicate peace, but this fragile tranquillity comes to an end when a human servant is mysteriously slaughtered. Fingers are pointed, tensions grow between the sides, all while a dark force looms in the shadows.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Fair Folk”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Fair Folk

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:07 am

Welcome to The Fair Folk, a roleplay based in the fictional Irish city of Roinnte. My lovely co-GM fivehours and I are happy to have you here. Take a read of the rules and post reservations in this thread.

Stay tuned for the information threads to come describing the Seelie and Unseelie courts, as well as various locations around the city, and the rules which both courts are bound by.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Re: The Fair Folk

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby themis on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:23 am

Hello-- this looks amazing and I know the work you guys have put into it, it really shows. Congratulations! On another note, I would like to formally reserve two characters.

The first being a Seelie male who goes by the name Alistair Orpheus Dahl. He is a shapeshifter, but more specifically a strictly cat shapeshifter I know haha, and he will be played by the gorgeous Jeremy Dufour. His hexcode will be #69696. Because he is half-fae, his powers are quite watered down.

The second is an Unseelie female who goes by the name Lilith Ligeia Amon. She is a Lich and a former sorceress, also a bit reminiscent of Faustus... and she will be played by the lovely Krystal Jung. Her hexcode shall be #800080. She will be fairly old, probably around four hundred years old.
ImageTHEMIS
personification of law + order

tumblr | twitter| playlists

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

themis
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:45 am

Welcome Themis! Happy to have you on board. Your characters' species sound fantastic. I'll reserve your places right now :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:05 am

I would absolutely love to join this roleplay, it is stunning. I would like to reserve two characters as well if I may. One male and one female, both of the Unseelie Court.

My male will be portrayed by Cykeem White. He will be a Dullahan. His hexcode, #488957. His name Cearul Micha Murtagh.

My female I think I want her to be played by Lianna La Havas, and hex code being #fc3d39. She will be a Jumbee. Her name, Anaise Calypso Tawandan.

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:33 am

My goodness, this is just so pretty. I officially have coding envy.
Anywho, I would love to reserve three characters, if that's alright. :)
I'd love to create an oracle with the face claim of Robert Sheehan, who'd probably be on the Seelie side, although prone to kind of doing whatever suits him best. His hex will be #882040.
I'd also like two girls. One Seelie Will-o-the-wisp with the face claim of Ayame Gouriki, and one Unseelie kobalo with a face claim that I will put on here as soon as I decide it. ;P
Their hexes will be #8caba8 and #d64d4d. ^_^

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:13 am

taojojo, welcome! Wonderful face claims and species!! I'll add them both to the list.
    RubyTuesday, PMed you! :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCrimsonLady on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:41 am

OMG! Okay, so I am an self proclaimed expert on Faeries, (check the Sig) my research borders on obsession so naturally I must join this roleplay!

So, I'd like a Seelie Fae, FC, Candice Patton, Hexcolor #408040, She shall be a Daoine maithe and UnSeelie Fae, A Siren, Fc: Jamie Murray (Stahma Tarr) Hexcolor #804080

I would like my Seelie Fae to be a Changeling if that's alright.

I can also take a male, but if he was Solitary that would be awesome. but I'm getting ahead of myself because this just too awesome xD
Watch me draw this and other strange things

TheCrimsonLady
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Oopsies, while it wasn't in the rules (and I'll be adding it in now), fivehours and I won't be allowing anyone to reserve multiple females without also reserving a male. Keep the gender balance even and all :)

Solitary fairies have also purposefully been left out of this roleplay, as can be seen on the intro page where the only spots available are in either court.

Cloud
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:06 pm

Okay, okay I love this idea but then again I love all your ideas, lol. I want to reserve a character on the Seelie side with the face claim of Saoirse Ronan. Her name will be Aignéis Daimhin Ó Laighin and her hex will be #669999. Also she's going to be a banshee.
Last edited by GrimBones66 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Hey everyone! I'm just popping in in the OOC to say hi and let everyone know that Cloud and I appreciate your interest in our roleplay. Because RolePlayGateway's chat system is currently down, I'm unable to be listed as a GM at the current point in time. However, I'm still around and if there are any problems or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact either Cloud or myself. As Cloud mentioned before, we will be adding threads with more information soon so you'll all have a better idea of what's going on in the roleplay. Cheers, everyone!

fivehours
      Member for 10 years
      Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:29 pm

I had a question. Or two. Has the chat bar disappeared for anyone else or is it just my laptop? And, For the Nationality portion of the character sheet, should we put where their myth originated from, or where your actual faclaim/character is from? I hope that made sense.

toajojo
      Member for 11 years
      Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:35 pm

It's not just you toajojo, the chat bar isn't working for me either, nor the roleplay chat tab. Hopefully they fix it soon!

As for Nationality, that's up to you. I switched it to ethnicity for my Valkyrie Herja and said she was Norse; Scandinavian. Ideally I think it would be where your character is from rather than where their myth originated from. I.e, my wood nymph will be Spanish (possibly) despite wood nymphs coming from Greek mythology.

I'm off to work for the next five hours, so if there are any questions feel free to direct them towards the lovely fivehours, or wait for my return!
      Last edited by Cloud on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cloud
      Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby themis on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Okay, okay... I haven't done this for a long time but I feel like I want a third character. You all know I love playing siblings, and so he's going to be Lilith's brother. I just felt that she needed some sort of foil for her personality and aura. His provisional face claim at the moment is Go Sang Gil I literally couldn't find a single peice of information on his age, but to me he seems like 20-22 in his recent pictures? All of the pictures on Google images are super old btw. If you want more recent pictures of him I'm trying to compile a few, so just ask!, here's a link to one of the best pictures of him (and once again, because of my newness to the site I actually have to post the physical link haha)

{ https://40.media.tumblr.com/0342c10cd6b ... o1_400.png }

He's an Unseelie. I was thinking the Amon family could be odd in some way, perhaps accursed, as Amon is actually named after one of the princes of hell. His name, I'm thinking Silas, Malachi (nickname "Kai" or "Alec"), possibly Soren (After all, I'm going all "totally obvious abrahamic lore connotations" for the Amos family) -- I'll think of it. Anyway, he's a very reluctant Unseelie, made to stay there by his bizarre, enigmatic sister, Lilith... a lich and a sorceress much more powerful than he is. His hexcode will probably be #708090. His species I shall get back to you on.

Right, so I've got a "non compos mentis", faustus-complex lich sorceress, her little brother the reluctant... guy, and a strictly cat-shapeshifting, anger issue having half-fae. This will be interesting to play out. Disclaimer; I will edit this as soon as I've figured out most of the details :D

themis
      Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:27 pm

themis, your request for a third character has been accepted and we await the details for him! I'm digging the concepts you have for him already and I hope you'll deliver a great character. Though, I have the utmost confidence in you and your wonderful, creative mind. Once things are set in stone for him, we will update the front page and add him in.

I'm happy to have you on board as well, toajojo! Can I quickly just address that I completely approve of your face claim choices? I am so, so happy that I'm seeing Cykeem White being used; he's just so underrated and it saddens me. Not to mention Lianne La Havas, who is absolutely stunning! Also, it seems that the last Gateway crash has caused a glitch in the system and it removed the chat function. I believe the some mods on the Facebook page have said that the site admin is working to fix this error.

fivehours
      Member for 10 years
      Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:26 pm

fivehours, Holy farmer aren't they! This will be my first time using either of them, but I am so completely looking forward to it. I have not seen them around too often. I only just came across them last night when I was scouring Tumblr for a suitable faceclaim for this roleplay at three AM. Your roleplay had me so stressed I swear. Trying to get a complete reservation in before you became flooded. Lol. I hope I can do the both of them justice. This entire cast of faceclaims is amazing to be honest.

Cloud, Thank you. I actually changed it to ethnicity on my sheets as well.

toajojo
      Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnos on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Hello~ Before I begin I'd like to say that this is an awesome idea! I've seen so many school roleplays that I've been a bit disheartened to join any other RP. Also I'm afraid I cannot PM or post links, because like Themis I'm "new" and I haven't posted enough apparently. oAo

I'd like to reserve one male character for the Unseelie side with the face claim Choi Swion. He'd be a Lidérc, as in the 'Satanic Lover' variation. Ah, names. How wonderful. Speaking of which, his name would be Edvard Slavik with a hex code of #d8aa73

Hypnos
      Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby themis on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:08 pm

Hypnos-- can I just say that Choi Siwon is my love, my light, my... precious (at risk of sounding like Smeagol). Thank you for playing him, oh my. Also, as a Greek Mythology nerd I thoroughly approve of your username. Just had to say this ;)

EDIT; The third and newest member of the trifecta of freaks, AKA my characters, is Soren Amon. He's also a Lich. Final details!

themis
      Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:29 pm

toajojo, you have no idea how big of a fan I am of lesser known face claims, so again- hats off to you for picking some wonderful faces. I'm super pleased by the current line up of face claims that we have going so far! Sorry for stressing you out, toajojo! (Late night FC hunts have basically overrun my life, as I spiral into the deep insanity we all recognize as roleplaying. Most of us roleplayers are noctural creatures, really.) However, you definitely came in at the right time and I'm eager to see what you come up with!

themis, your character has been reserved and his details will be added to the front page as soon as Cloud finds some time! The "trifecta of freaks" is an absolutely wonderful name for them :'D

Welcome to the roleplay Hypnos! Firstly, I'd just like to thank you for taking interest in our little roleplay! I like to think of it as an oasis among all of the school roleplays that tend to plague the site. Yeah, the restrictions of the site on new members is a bit irritating, but they'll be lifted in no time! Your reservation has been recognized, so go ahead and submit a character for viewing.

I'd just like to remind everyone that reservations do not mean an ensured spot in this roleplay, as you should have understood from our rules. Once you have completed your character sheets they will be reviewed by myself and Cloud. Afterwards, the characters will be either be approved and listed as permanent, asked to be revised, or they may even be refused.

fivehours
      Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fivehours on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:51 am

So I just posted a thread that has a lot of important information regarding the Seelie and Unseelie courts, so I hope everyone takes a peek at it! It'll probably give you all a better idea of how the Fae live and conduct themselves.

fivehours
      Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blastoffbaby on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:32 am

I remade this roleplaying account after years of hiatus in hopes of finding a beautiful literate roleplay, and I think this is the one! I'd love to reserve a female from the Seelie court with the faceclaim of Holland Roden. She will be a succubus by the human name of Camille Boisseau and the fae name of Venessiel, with a hex color of #759B84 (its name is blue fern, which I quite like).
      Last edited by blastoffbaby on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      The idea that to make a man work you've got to hold gold in front of his eyes is a growth, not an axiom. We’ve done that for so long that we've forgotten there’s any other way. -F. Scott Fitzgerald

blastoffbaby
      Member for 9 years
      Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!