Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Fall of Eagles (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Fall of Eagles (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 pm

There are points in history where the world witnesses a tumultuous change, one so extreme that it seems, at times, that things will never be the same. In such times, we may witness the best that we have to offer, or the worst that mankind can boast. The twentieth century witnessed the rise of the imperial state of Belka on the world of Airta, known to its inhabitants as Earth, in a war that came to be known only as the Great War, having utilized shrewd grand strategy to wrestle control of a large portion of the continent from both domestic enemies, overseas adversaries, and allies who soon found themselves on the wrong side of a rifle. Reigning for almost two decades as the dominant power on the Averian continent, their people again grow restless, and nationalism under the newly crowned kaiser is at its highest point in years - already forces mobilize for another bloody war of expansion. For God and Fatherland! the posters say, though, in their might, the Belkan people have overlooked several matters of grave import, matter that, if one was not careful, could cost them not only a territory or two on the border, but a much greater price.

The first and foremost being that their 'Golden King' lies interred at the Grand Mausoleum of Dinsmark, the superb leadership of Emil Dollmann is no longer at the helm of Belka, in his place is his overlooked baby brother, Walther I. Having risen to manhood in the shadow of his celebrated older brother, it is understandable that simple sibling rivalry would drive Walther to emulate his brother's accomplishments, though the situation being what it is, his desire is amplified(or so it seems) by the clamoring of the Belkan populace and his own lacking resume. Though he has received one of the best educations that Belkan Royalty can provide for, he is still uneducated in the ways of world politics, and as such is not prepared to deal with matters than an autocracy can bring. Inexperienced and thirsty for blood, this man could prove to be the undoing of all that his brother, and those who had fought and died in the Great War, had worked so hard to achieve.

Also of note is the condition of the Belkan military, which could easily jockey for a top spot in size, though it is quickly finding itself becoming obsolete, both in physical equipment and strategy. The branch most troubled is the Kaiserliche Marine, the Imperial Navy, who, despite good showings overseas of the capabilities of the aircraft carrier, still foolishly embrace the concept of the battleship dominated conflict, a flaw which, should a competent and able navy proceed to exploit, could provide for great gain across the island chains in the southern Diorot Ocean. The Army, or Reichsheer, whichever you prefer, is as it has been for many years; in a state of limbo between readiness and lax apathy. Its divisions stand ready and able to fight, though their weapons are old, and their tactics stale. If one were to study heavily the previous wars, and compare the militaries of the Belka of old and the Belka of today, one would soon find that countering the armies of the Eagle is easier done than said. Belka has previously relied on, what were then, state of the art tactics and equipment, and though they've advanced with the times, they still find themselves a relic of decades past. Her good fortune in recent years dealing with domestic turmoil abroad in the empire has simply been due to her nigh-on-unchallengeable size and force of numbers, which could also be easily dealt with, if one had the proper head for it.

Finally, there is the matter of alienation, considering the highly nationalist and pro-Belkan policies that the Empire has followed for the past decade, they've managed not only to alienate some of those who might have proved an ally, but also those who dwell in her colonies; second hand citizens passed over by the government for 'peninsula-born' Belkans. Such actions have managed to sow the seeds of dissent, dissent that could fuel into outright revolution, if given the proper spark, and provide a death-blow to the Empire's assets in the region, especially in Freistaat Rakistan, which is nestled precariously on the northern border of ethnic Belka. Masses across the Empire yearn for freedom, yet they haven't the courage to take it... yet.

Though for all of these faults, Belka is not a foe to be trifled with: her air force still remains one of the most lethal in the world, her armies vast and seasoned, the industry clutched in the Eagle's talon is one of international renown, and the will within the people is without equal, if the proper leader can rouse it to his will. However, the Eagle's enemies are legion: the democracies of Averia, and of the world, have watched and waited decades for the chance to take their revenge, though they enjoy not the ironic freedom that autocracy can bring, and are plagued by the opinions of their people, where isolationism runs rampant.

The year is 1973, and the world stands on the brink of total war.
The Belkan Eagle is poised, ready to force itself on the land of Averia once again.
Will there be war is not the question, but will your people survive,
and will you lead them to thrive?

---

With the introduction out of the way, let me begin with thanks for reading! I've been working a while on this, both writing, doing research, and general brainstorming, and I hope that it'll get off the ground. This will be a Nation-Roleplay, meaning simply that most players will be at the helm of a nation here, not a single character, as such this RP will require a bit more devotion than some others. So, seeing as how I think I better convey most of these points in the rules, regulations, and other tidbits, I'll get those up.

Rules: (If my prose offends you, then I apologize. It gets the idea across.)

Rule 1: Use your brain. No, I'm serious. Use it, it's the greatest tool that you have at your disposal. Imagination might be wonderful, frilly, and all that other fuzzy shit, but it's totally worthless when boo-koo bad guys start lighting you up from the tree-line. RESEARCH AND LOGIC. Use them. Ignorance, I can understand, we're all a little guilty of it, but repeat offenses of stupid I will not suffer.

Rule 2: RPG rules apply at ALL TIMES. You all registered here, you should know them, if you break them then you're at the mercy of the Mods.

Rule 3: Don't ragequit when things go to shit, just take a salt tablet and move on. When your army is destroyed, when your nation is on the brink of defeat, please take the IC route out. DO NOT just quit. Please allow for a IC surrender or peace treaty, because if you bail out because you didn't like it you will be subject to annexation, and I will NOT allow you to get back into the game when liberating forces are at hand. If you are defeated, you will become a government-in-exile, and will get back into the game when allies relieve your territory. Legitimate ways out in the case of military defeat include but are not limited to: surrender, disarmament, becoming a puppet, and conditional peace treaty.

Rule 4: This is realistic fiction, there are no spells, magic, suparr-L4Z0Rz, space ships or any of the like. If it is not possible in real life, it likely wont happen in this RP.

Rule 5: Technology is flexible depending on your nation and their specialization, if you excel in one area, you must detract it in another. For instance, considering that Belka's Air Force is one of the best in the world both their aircraft and pilots will be of a higher quality than most, however, their navy is lacking.

Rule 6: Time, it sucks. Because of time, you can't build a squadron of aircraft and train the pilots on them in a week. Don't pull any insta-mash dehydrated small arms or instant armored divisions. To quote Azrican,

AzricanRepublic wrote:BUILDING THINGS TAKES TIME. I don't care HOW many factories you have, you can't spit out priceless cruise missiles like a room full of pregnant women.

Rule 7: Be literate. Honestly, this is a beginner level NRP with a static ending, and I'm not expecting a lot out of players, but my minimum standards seem to be like the BAR test on this site. I expect four paragraphs minimum per nation post, two minimum per character, if you go above that, then more power to you.

Rule 8: Insert 'Mein Kampfy Chair' at the bottom of your Nation Sheet.

Rule 9: The use of Nuclear Weapons is STRICTLY PROHIBITED by the GM, me. That's right, no nukes. Now, Nuclear Power is allowed, but don't ruin the game for the rest of us if you ragequit and cause meltdowns. But, if you're going to stay in the game, that'd be pretty nifty for some scorched earth. I like it. Remember, 1973 tech outside of specialization.

Rule 10: There are four positions for super-powers, those being nations with larger size, more potent military, and higher GDPs than most others. These nations will be the driving force in the plot against(or even with, who knows?) Belka, who takes the first position on the chart. To play a super-power, I need a five paragraph minimum sample of your writing PM'd to me, and I'd advise you to do such before you write up a sheet. No sense wasting time. Remember, you MUST send in that sample!

Notes:

1. First thing's first, the objective of this NRP, unlike many, is not to avoid war. The War is the central point of this NRP, rather than preventing it, the players aligned against Belka will be tasked with ending the war as quickly as they can, and Belka and her allies will be trying to make the war last as long as possible. Belka will lose the war. Remember that the longer that you take, the worse things might be for your characters' children.

2. You will need some tactical prowess if you find yourself on the wrong end of a nation's guns. Not my fault if your country winds up as slave labor, though, keep in mind, your officers and general staff are not all strategic geniuses, as such defeats must be expected.

3. There are no restrictions on the nationality or design of your nation's vehicles and equipment aside from chronological origin. Outside of specialization, pretty much anything 1970 made or before is cool.

4. This is going to be a forum RP. None of that fancy Roleplay tab stuff, I don't find it terribly suited to the style of gameplay we'll be going for, besides, I'm old-fashioned.

5. There aren't going to be any 'super-weapons'. We're doing this the conventional way.

6. The initial forces at the beginning of the war(s) wont be enough to last you through to the end, remember that you'll have to maintain your nation's social and military production.

7. This coincides with Rule 7, and it's really quite odd because I didn't mean to get the numbers the same, but please, please please use proper grammar and writing. We all make mistakes, yes, but when you do it almost every sentence it is too much. If your skeleton is full of spelling errors, it will likely be turned down. Fair warning up front.

8. I highly encourage people to try this out, and make up new and interesting nations. The NRP community is quite small, and we're always happy to have new players. However, know what you're getting into, it's both addictive and time consuming.

With that, I'll get the skeleton up.

----------
Nation Concept Skeleton
----------

Nation Name: (Simple enough.)

Location and Controlled Landmass: (In accordance with the map, I'LL EDIT IN YOUR NATION. Just let me know where you want it. Remember, most nations will be relatively small in comparison with the Big Four.)

Government: (What form of government is in place?)

Major Gentellic: (What's your nation's racial makeup? Humans, of course.)

Major Exports: (What your country makes, and makes so much of that you can sell it to people who don't make so much of it, and who are willing to pay ridiculous prices for it.)

Currency: (What's your country's currency called?)

Currency in Comparison to the UGC: (The value of your nation's currency in comparison to the basic neutral unit of currency. A value of less than one would indicate your nation is in a recession, or even worse, a depression, and a number greater than one would show that your economy is booming.)

Nation Population: (Your nation's taxpaying population. Nothing too extreme, there are only about 3 billion people on the planet at this point.)

Language(s) Spoken: (Whatever catches your fancy.)

National Color: (Choose a color, it'll be your nation's corresponding color on the map. Yellow's taken.)

National Pride: (What are your people proud of, what makes them better than everyone else?)

Important Locations: (Places of note in your nation. Cities, military installations, etc.)

Dramatis Personæ: (This is a list of the characters that you'll be writing with during the course of the roleplay, and as such it can be added to as needed. Names are required, a brief description accompanying is good.)

Military Deployment: (Optional, but greatly appreciated. A breakdown of military forces.)

Military Divisions: (What branches are there in your military?)

Military Readiness: (On a five point scale, what level of readiness is your military? Five being peaceful, one being war. NOTE: In peacetime the maximum is three without risk of an international incident.)

Military Population: (How many citizens of your nation are currently enlisted in the military?)

----------

As for an example, I'll soon have a follow-up post for my own nation sheet(Belka).

List of Approved Nations: One superpower position still available.

United Fienken State Republic, Hunter Green
Republic of Azrica, Cobalt (Superpower)
Acirerosten Republic, Light Blue
Belkan Empire, Gold (Superpower)
Republic of Bimaristan, Burgundry
Democracy of Azuria, Crimson (Superpower)
The People's Republic of Majuin, Brown
Free Nation of Greyotain, Pink
The Republic of Arcadia, Silver
The United Aschen Protectorate, Navy Blue
The Commonwealth of Liberion, Orange
The Kingdom of Trigotia, Charcoal
The Republic of Navara, Light Green

List of Approved Players:

Conquerer_Man,
AzricanRepublic,
Vangelis,
Ottoman,
Saint Michel,
Conumbra,
Ironman11,
Eastep,
THe Charecter,
barney_fife,
H. Necktie,
smrtazz13,
Kroqgar543,

12/3 Map updated. Fienka(?) and Azrica.
12/8 Map updated, Acirerosta, Bimaristan, Azuria and Majuin added.
12/9 Map updated, Geyotain added.
12/9 Map Updated, added Aschen, Arcadia, and Liberion. Expanded Majuin.
Last edited by Ottoman on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Re: The Fall of Eagles (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Work in progress, really just a place holder for now. I'll get the rest finished up soon.

Nation Name: United Fienken State Republic (Fienka)

Location and Controlled Landmass: UFSR

Government: Republic

Major Gentellic: Sherfi, Golgan, Aciren, Belkan

Major Exports (Most-Least) : Industrial Goods, Heavy Equipment, Small Arms, Granite, Jypsum, Food Stuffs, Electronics

Currency: Rurk

Currency in Comparison to the UGC: 1.03

Nation Population: 79 million

Language(s) Spoken: Sherfi, Golganese, Belkan

National Color: Green

National Pride: Defense against the first Belkan push; The tenacity and courage of their soldiers.

Important Locations:

- Reist Forest: The heavily dense forest that stretches along the Fieken-Belkan boarder and up to the western boarder. It is currently the most heavily wooded area in the world and protected by UFSR law against any logging in the Southern region. It has always been a place of fear and superstition to the Sherfi people, the native dwellers that inhabit the far northern edge of the forest. Many legends tell of beast, monsters and spirits that roam the woods and the constant disappearances instilled even more fear into Sherfi people and even spreading to the Golgan communities that lived on the plains just north of the woods. Once the industrial revolution began and an age of reason began in the land, the Riest Forest lost most of it's power over the people as they began to spread further into the woods. Eventually the legends of the Reist Forest vanished into myth, but a fearful respect for the forest remained. Eventually the Fieken nation found an unlikely ally in the forest when the Great War arose and the nation found it's neighbors falling one by one to the nation of Belka. With an innate knowledge of the land, the armies of the United Fieken State Republic (who had just gone through a turbulent political period) were able to hold off the Belkan advance onto there territory. After the Great War the southern region of the forest, along the boarder, was quickly depopulated. Residents where moved in a mass migration farther north to allow for the UFSR's military full reign over the land to prepare for any more attacks by Belka. Now a new fear has spread about the Reist Forest, that in it's dense and shadowy territory the UFSR conducts experiements and projects of the uttermost secrecy.

- Golgan Plains: Large sprawling plains that dominate most of Fienka. They stretch from the Riest Forest to the Hiet Mountains in the Northeastern territory of Fienka.

- Hiet Mountain Range: A North-South running mountain range. It's southern most tip dips into Northeaster Fienka.

- Doltga: Capital city of Fienka located along the norther coast of Fienka. Population is approximatively 13 million.

Dramatis Personæ:

Prime Delegate Friedrick Hansover: Currant leader of the United Fienkan State Republic. His father was a native born Sherfi while his mother was a Belkan immigrant ten years before the Great War. He is fiercely loyal to the Republic and despite his Belkan linage no one questions it.

Sergent Frietstant Stetreft: Platoon Sergent in the Fienken Defense Corps. He's up for promotion and a candidate for the 'Faceless Legion' (143rd Advanced Operations Force) , a special operation's branch of the United Fienken Army.

First General Ayman Vonzer: Commanding Officer of the 143rd Advanced Operations Force. Ayman Vonzer was born to Sherfi peasants two decades before the Great War. Ayman joined the UFA at age 18 and fought in the Great War two years later. He was captured during the first Belkan push and spent three years in a Belkan POW camp. There he eventually orchestrated a prisoner revolt and escape. He then lead the prisoner's back north, using captured Belkan equipment to disguise his men. At one point his men impersonated an entire company of Belkan soldiers and participated in an attack on Fienken forces only to turn on his Belkan "COs" as the attack reached it's height. Eventually stories of his exploits spread across Fienken soil and brought a boost to moral at a time when they needed it the most. Once the Great War was over, Ayman was promoted to First General and soon established the 143rd that was directly inspired by his actions. He is an avid supporter of taking the fight to Belka if war should come; which has been a main focus of the "Faceless Legion" despite their currant mandate to ensure a secure line through out the Reist Forest.

Military Deployment: WIP

Military Divisions: United Fienken Army, United Fienken Navy, Amphibiousness Assault Corps, United Fienken Air Force, Fienken Defense Corps

Military Readiness: 3, leaning towards 2 (Just because they’re not very fond of Belka and are constantly on the watch to see if Belka will make a move)

Military Population:
1.3 million active personal
20 million former military personal that are held in reserve until age 49

MIEN KAMPFY CHAIR IST KAMPFY, MIEN FUHRER!
Last edited by Conquerer_Man on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:00 am

not trying again
Last edited by Draruto on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:17 am

Con, accepted, as always.

Draruto, denied. Reread the rules.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Info and Map updated.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:13 pm

I wasn't thinking about a name, but you know what, Fienka I think works quiet well.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vangelis on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Tag.

vangelis
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vangelis on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Nation Name: Acirerosten Republic

Location and Controlled Landmass: AR

Government: Plutocratic Republic

Major Gentellic: Aciren, Rosten, Categan, Belkan

Major Exports: Catega light sweet crude oil, liquid natural gas, automobiles, heavy machinery, refining equipment, grain, wine

Currency: Golan; GLN

Currency in Comparison to the UGC: 1.107

Nation Population: 104 million

Language(s) Spoken: Esperanto (Official), Acireman, Kotish, Belkan

National Color: Beau Blue

National Pride: Catega

Important Locations:

Catega Plains: The economic success of the Categan plains is largely due to oil and natural gas. Some of the world's largest oil deposits sit under the Blue Hills of Catega.

Kushin: A corporate town on the eastern coast of the Acirerosten. The city itself only has ten thousand people. Most of them work at the Kushin tank farms. More importantly, the price of Catega sweet light crude in Kushin is the benchmark price for oil producers and exporters across the world.

Rostand Institute: A populist/agrarian thinktank that's been looking into Community Supported Agriculture and reducing overall petroleum for national defense reasons. They have a moderate amount of say. Their influence is heavier in the agriculture community. Overzealous agribusiness regulation has created more small farms and farmers as the Green Revolution was kicking in.

Fostend: The capital.

Dramatis Personæ: President Jon Bushnell, Colonel David Gilliam, Sr. Jos Rostand, Gen. Dan Obediah

Military Deployment: The Acirerosten military is skewed towards the Belkan border and the Categan oil fields. Most army and air force bases are located close to the Belkan border and the national capital. The majority of naval forces are stationed in the major oil exporting ports.

Military Divisions:
  • Republican Army : The strongest branch of the Republican Army Forces is the army. Considerable amounts of oil money from the Blue Hills have been sunk into building an army that could resist a Belkan push. New base construction is skewed towards the Acirerosten-Belkan border. The army is the only branch aside from the Interior Defense Army that receives excessive funding the from the Republican House.
  • Republican Navy : The Republican Navy was destroyed after the Tripartite-Belkan War and has been slowly rebuilding since then. The Republican House was never willing to invest in a true blue water navy. Most development and building has been in the direction of fast Littoral Combat Ships and missile frigates. The Republican Naval Infantry is underfunded too.
  • Republican Air Corps : The Republican Air Corps is a relatively modern branch. They are the second smallest branch. Most of the funding to the RAC has gone towards buying foreign-built multi-role fighters and interceptors. They are several contracts in the works for domestic aircraft. Only one of the new designs have entered the production stage.
  • Catega Interior Corps : The Catega Interior Corps is the regional army of the Categan Plains. They are a provincial militia.
  • Interior Defense Army : The 280,000 man Interior Defense Army is the largest branch of the Republican Armed Forces. The Republic's reservists troops are technically serving with the IDA. There are only 100,000 active duty soldiers serving. They are a last line of defense for the Acirerosten. Their stated purpose is to "Maintain and protect every field, farm, town, and city within Acirerosten lands." Nearly thirty-thousand of its active duty soldiers serve in the First National Engineering Division.

Military Readiness: Condition Orange (Four)

Military Population: 750,000 active duty, 180,000 reservists

MIEN KAMPFY CHAIR
Last edited by vangelis on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

vangelis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:51 pm

Double plus good, Van. Approved.

---

Nation Name: The Belkan Empire (Die Belker Reich)

Location and Controlled Landmass: See the Map.

Government: Autocracy with legislative elements.

Major Gentellic:
Belkan - 57%,
Rakistani - 14%,
Diorotion Islander - 11%,
Other - 18%,

Major Exports: Heavy Machinery, Aeronautics, Coal, Aluminum, Grain, Small Arms, Potassium

Currency: Reichsmark (plural Reichsmarks)

Currency in Comparison to the UGC: 1.04

Nation Population: 425 Million

Language(s) Spoken: Belkan, Arabic, Azrican, Diorotion, Sherfi, Acrieman, Esperanto.

National Color: Yellow

National Pride: The Emperor

Important Locations:

Ethnic Belka:

Dinsmark - Capitol of the Empire, location of the Reichstag, center of culture and learning in northern Belka.

Hoffnung - Diplomatic center of Belka, where most meetings with foreign dignitaries are held.

Anfang - A stretch of coastline north of the Belkan capital of Dinsmark, a major vacation hot-spot. Location of the Imperial Estate.

Lumen - Center of all Belkan culture, the arts, and cuisine. Easily the most vibrant and raunchiest of the cities, and located on the west coast of the central isthmus.

Sudentor - The southernmost major Belkan city.

Stierburg - One of the oldest Belkan cities, located in the east of the southern part of Belka.

Gründer - What is considered the "Southern Hoffnung", Gründer contains a large enough amount of industry to compete with Hoffnung, located on the shores of Lake Stechel in the heart of Southern Belka.

Paschelburg - City roughly in the center of the northern half of Belka, major agrarian city.

Tannhäuser Fortress - An ancient fortress built upon Mt. Ivera, in the H5B range, retrofitted by the Heer in 1956, and under constant updating, the Midgard Line's key-point is this sprawling castle.

Bifröst Air Force Base - Belka's largest air field, current headquarters of the Air Force.

Vígríðr Plains - Belka's second line of defense, after the Midgard Line.

Colonial Locales:

Khumkah - Capitol of the Freistaat Rakistan, Khumkah is one of the largest and most urbanized locales in the region.

Abeune - Major Naval port in the Diorotian Islands.

Jabas - The most populated city in northern Rakistan, it is also one of the most traditional, being almost entirely in the same style that it was three-hundred years ago.

Bioz - A city in the far north of the empire, wrestled from the control of the late Sumatian Republic, and a large stationing point for the Imperial Army to strike into the UFSR.

Ofau - A port city on the southern side of the eastern peninsula, the small city found itself bustling with Imperial forces two decades ago as the Empire managed its island hopping campaign across the Eastern Sea from the place. The forces have stayed ever since, ready to push further east.

Dramatis Personæ:

Emperor Walther Dollmann I - Emperor of Belka, Walther is a rather humble individual, though he's become swept up recently in the wave of Belkan Nationalism, and now feels the urge to emulate his brother's earlier successes.

Archduke Alfred Dreyer - A man who could be considered 'Second-In-Command' to the Emperor, the Archduke holds the office of Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, outside of the Kaiser, who rarely steps into the ring. Alfred has good strategic prowess, but he places little value on tactics, a lethal mistake.

Leutnant Günter Ascher - Recently commissioned and a proper patriot, Günter feels that war is inevitable, though wrong, and that the best one can do is one's duty. Is there a greater sin than forcing one to go in your stead?

Hans Dieter - A second year elementary school teacher and Schütze in the Army Reserves, Hans is an ordinary man with ordinary aspirations, soon to be caught in the fiery crucible of war.

Generalmajor Hannibal Bruhn - An old dog from the great war, Hannibal managed to down twenty eight enemy craft before he himself was plucked from the sky, his K-56 catching an 88mm flak round in the fuselage. Suffering extreme burn wounds to his legs and face, he was almost restricted from flight, though he soon found a home in the bomber corps, where he quickly ascended through the ranks.

Chancellor Voldemar Lemcke - Possibly the most visual leader of the nation, the Chancellor is seen as the link between the people and the Imperial family, though they seem to be quite distant. The Chancellor is most outspoken for the soldiers, trying his hardest to keep them and the people the focus of the government, though his voice is soon drowned out by the Emperor as well as the other puppet's unwavering support of the war.

More to come.

Military Deployment: (WiP)

Military Divisions: Reichsheer, Kaiserliche Marine, the Luftstreitkräfte, and the Freikorps.

Military Readiness: Three, mobilizing for war.

Military Population: 1 Million standing, professional forces. 3+ in reserves and guard divisions.

Mein Kampfy Chair ist sehr Kampfy, nicht wahr?
Last edited by Ottoman on Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vangelis on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm sure Belka is going to want Acirerosten oil.

vangelis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:10 am

Looks to me like everybody wants a slice of that pie, just not as badly as Belka.

A few more nations and we can get rolling. See Kanisov much here, Van?

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

People's Socialist Republic of Azrica

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Nation Name:
Republic of Azrica

Location and Controlled Landmass: That big ol' blue chunk a' land on the far right continent. Yeah, that's mine.

Government: Autocratic republican cadre

Major Gentellic: Azrican, Hykan, Oriyak

Major Exports: Fuels and oils, rare materials, resources, industrial equipment

Currency: Cay, (Kay)

Currency in Comparison to the UGC: 1 Azrican Cay => 1.48 UGC

Nation Population: 405 million

Language(s) Spoken: English

National Color: Blue

National Pride: Stoic Republican positions, democratic military

Important Locations:

-- AlncFord; The Capital of Azrica, identified often as a shimmering beacon of Azrica's dominance of the hemisphere

-- Keddick Harbor; The centerpiece of the Azrican Navy's extensive Warship Chain of islands and installations, the harbor is the armored heart of the Navy

-- Loffshow Mountains; Nestled into a high mountain peak in central Azrica, the Loffshow mountains serve as a military cache for the entire continent, while also serving as a cluster of airbases for the Air Force.

Dramatis Personæ:

Cabinet of the Prime Minister
Elected 2340 (1968), term through 2345 (1980)

Prime Minister Dominic DeGaul

Assistant Minister Kennedy

Head of the Armed Forces Jeremiah Henderson

Head of the Justices Hubert Killens

President of the Interior Kevin North

Military Council;

Admiral Voyts

Admiral Percins

Admiral McDavver

Admiral Tweed

General Quaritch

General Eastings

General Tychov

General Von Ritterson

Military Divisions:

Republican Army of Azrica, RA

Republican Armored Corps, RAC

Republican Air Force of Azrica, RAFA

Airborne Vehicle Corps, AVC

Azrican Specialized Marine Corps, ASMC

Azrican Navy, AN

Azrican Carrier Group Division, ACGD

Azrican Defense Force, ADF

Military Readiness: STRAT-3, the military is capable of committing advanced Tier-1 forces to any location on the planet within four months

Military Population:

4.5 million personnel
5 - 15 million unorganized personnel in reserves
Last edited by AzricanRepublic on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vangelis on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Jesus Az. Think you have enough men?

vangelis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:58 pm

If we don't get any other superpowers and Azrica joins up with Belka, it's going to be hard to have it plausible that Belka looses.

It's going to be awesome anyways. Hopefully we'll get more peoples.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vangelis on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:01 am

I'd play a superpower, but I don't feel like wielding such a big nation. I'm happy with massive grain subsidies to my farmers and very high import tariffs on Acirerosten oil.

EDIT: I'm assuming the role of my nation's oil will be crucial. Belka will have a hard time fueling its war machine if the Republic cuts off its pipelines of oil and LNG. Come Winter some of the Belkan people just might freeze.

vangelis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:25 am

It will be, have no doubt. However, Acirerosta will be hard pressed for it, if they can't keep air superiority, strategic bombing will set in.

Also, Belka's got coal, not going to be too cold. Screw the whales, I want my fingers, damnit!

I might put in a small nation over on the other continent to help keep Azrica in check, might even go superpower, but I'm waiting on that.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vangelis on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Azrican-made Interceptors, bro.

vangelis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Super-sonic, rocket-propelled surface to air tree trunks.

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:50 pm

So this is what you've been up to, huh Otto? Count me in!

I'll have a nation post up sometime tonight-- in the meantime can I call dibs on that odd bit of land due west of the USFR and just northeast of Belka? I expect to be invaded immediately.

EDIT: Dammit!, I just noticed that territory's already taken. Alright, I'll claim that mitten-shaped landmass to the east of Belka.
Her fingertips, outstretched, sketched a farewell,
Her eyes, downcast, asked when I would return.
And I replied, "What traveler went forth
Who knew the fate God had in store for him?"

-Unattributed, quoted in al-Abshihi (d. 1446), Al-mustatraf

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Nation Name: Republic of Bimaristan

Location and Controlled Landmass: Landmass east of Belka

Government: Bureaucratic Autocracy

Major Gentellic:
Bimaristani - 70%,
Cairene - 12%
Rakistani - 10%
Other - 8%

Major Exports: phosphates, natural gas, apparel, foodstuffs, textiles, metal manufactures, transport equipment

Currency: piastre

Currency in Comparison to the UGC: 0.92

Nation Population: 77,804,122

Language(s) Spoken: Bimaristani, Arabic (Cairene & Rakistani dialects), Other languages

National Color: Burgundy

National Pride: Once a great, cultured, and powerful empire

Important Locations:

Doranbul - capital of Bimaristan, located on the Gates of Doran at the eastern opening of the Long Sea. At its heart is the old Medieval walled city, whose crowded bazaars, massive imperial palaces and the world-renowned Golden Mosque are well-visited tourist attractions as well as a potent reminder of Bimaristan's glorious past. Outside the old medina is a large and modern city with commercial and industrial quarters as well as neighborhoods ranging from palatial villas to squalid slums.

Sinjan - city in western Bimaristan situated on the Inland Sea. A gritty port and industrial city, Sinjan was heavily bombed during the Great War and became a home to many Rakistanis and Sumatians who fled their countries at the war's conclusion. Also home to Fleet and Army installations.

Azmir - ancient capital of the Bimaristani Emirate, and agricultural center of the fertile Verdiniye plain. Site and namesake of the Azmir Armistice, which was signed by Belka and Bimaristan at the war's conclusion.

Gorbul - industrial city in southern central highlands of Bimaristan. Center of phosphate production, and major railhead. Also heavily bombed during the Great War.

Sarda - second largest city in Bimaristan and a major port as well as southern terminus of the S&S Gas Pipeline. Captured by the Sultan Suleiman III in the 16th Century and made the winter capital of the Sultanate. The major port and naval facilities in Sarda made the city a major bombing target during the Great War, which destroyed the beautiful Sultana Amira Mosque in the Old Citadel.

Tirne - A secondary port in the east of Bimaristan, whose remoteness left it mostly untouched by the Industrial Revolution. Its timelessness and picturesque location between the Hidoglu Mountains and the ocean has made it a holiday destination for foreigners and Bimaristanis alike. Besides tourism, Tirne's main industry is fishing.

Niconpoli - A city in the Hidoglu Mountains and historical capital of Cairaea, home of the Cairene Christian minority. In the aftermath of the Empire's collapse the Cairenes took the opportunity to distance themselves from Bimaristani control, and have tried to resist attempts by Doranbul to reassert its authority over the region. Cairaea is the home to the illegal production of opium and hash, with Niconpoli serving as the hub of the illicit drug trade. Despite the risks involved, the city's beautiful panorama's and colorful carpets have made it something of a destination for the more adventurous tourist.
Dramatis Personæ: (This is a list of the characters that you'll be writing with during the course of the roleplay, and as such it can be added to as needed. Names are required, a brief description accompanying is good.)

Dramatis Personae:

Ismet Bayar, President of Bimaristan. An ambitious and intelligent man who studied in Dinsmark and commanded an infantry regiment during the Great War. At the war's conclusion, he led a wing of the Republican Army of Ismail Atabimar against the forces loyal to the Sultan, and upon the establishment of the Republic became its Secretary of the Treasury. Upon the death of Atabimar, Bayar assumed the position of President, with a total of 95% of the popular vote.

Kemal Kilicoglu, colonel of 14th Mechanized Infantry: A child during the war, Kemal was raised in a wealthy family in the wealthy neighborhood of Suleimaniye in Doranbul. After studying abroad in Belka, he returned home and entered the Atabimar Military Academy at Jemkara. The 14th Mechanized is one of the better regiments in the BRA (Bimaristani Republican Army) and both it and its CO have seen limited action in internal security and anti-insurgency operations throughout the country.

Ahmed Safak, imam: Born after the Great War in Sinjan to Rakistani parents, Ahmed has grown up with a generation of young Bimaristanis in a country weakened by war and wracked by economic instability. Living in the refugee slums of west Sinjan, he worked on the waterfront in order to pay his own way through one of the city's many madrasa's. Now an imam and a devout scholar of the Qur'an, Ahmed has become a leader within his own community and a strong advocate for political and economic reform in Sinjan.

Meriam Rafoul, drug runner and part-time revolutionary: Meriam was born in a poor farming village in the mountains of Cairaea, whose harsh life made her tough and a born survivor. The increasing instability of the region and the spread of poppies as a cash crop drew her into the life of drug runner, a profession at which she excelled. The convluted ties of tribal life, the drug trade and the insurgency against the national government make for a life of near constant fighting for Meriam, who has carved out a niche for herself in this dangerous situation.

Military Deployment: The Bimaristani military is concentrated along the western border with Belka as well as along the southern coast, with Fleet squadrons based as far away as Piresta in the Sunrise Islands. A significant force of the military is also committed to internal security operations in the eastern provinces of the country.

Military Divisions: Bimaristani Republican Army (BRA), Republican Fleet (B/RF), Republican Air Force (B/RAF), and the National Police

Military Readiness: Level 2/2.5, due to ongoing internal security operations

Military Population: 612,900 currently enlisted

Brief Background: Once the largest empire on the continent, the Bimaristani Sultanate eventually fell into decline and was forced by international pressure and internal rebellion to relinquish many of its outlying provinces. The final fall came during the Great War, during which the Sultanate's armed forces were decisively defeated by the more advanced Belkans and forced into signing the Azmir Armistice, which set the new border at the frontlines and ceded control to Belka a large part of Bimaristani territory as well as the client states of Rakistan and Sumatia. Following the Armistice, a portion of the army revolted against the government and led by the charismatic general Ismail Atabimar overthrew the ailing sultanate and installed a new republic. In the years since then Bimaristan has struggled to rebuild and regain some of its former glory but has been hindered by internal political problems and economic issues. Many of those in Bimaristan resent the harsh terms of the Azmir Armistice and look west toward Belka for revenge.

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!