Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. »

Players Wanted: Chat Plays 5E Stream Seeks Players, Little to No Commitment » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov »

The Falling of Courtmoor

The Falling of Courtmoor

a part of “The Falling of Courtmoor”, a fictional universe by BrokenInk.

~ Courtmoor is a continent consisting of four kingdoms, four different house, and a whole lot of mythical beings. ~ || Literate/Advanced rp - OPEN - Many Roles! ||

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Falling of Courtmoor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Falling of Courtmoor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrokenInk on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:06 pm

I hope you'll be staying. ;)
But if not thank you for taking your time to browse this role-play- I spent a lot of time on it!

Here is where you may reserve characters, ask questions, or simply talk among yourselves. I'll start up a couple more threads probably here shortly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BrokenInk
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Falling of Courtmoor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PrettyOddTho on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:50 pm

I would love to take on the role of Lathan's dragon pet, or at least submit an application for your consideration. Is there anything you had in mind already? I'll wait until you get back to look for an FC. cx

Edity edit: I'd also love to take:
To be determined || Human || Female || The Eldest Princess of Courtmoor, Arlo’s eldest daughter || ___ || OPEN

With the FC Holland Roden. cx I'm apparently not allowed to post links though.. x-x
Last edited by PrettyOddTho on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PrettyOddTho
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bartholomew Finch on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:53 pm

I've got a few questions and reservations. I'll ask the questions first though.

Firstly - when we choose our FC is it required that they fit this sort of fantasy-ish/time period style. I personally have a hard time searching for specific characters that fit a setting. But I can do so if needed.

Secondly - What do you think the pace will be for this? Ideally I'm available everyday but realistically I am not.

And last question, is there a posting cap? I've been known to get really long winded and I write upwards of 600 words on any given day. I have a hard time limiting myself when it comes to writing. I just want to know beforehand so that if I need to set limits for myself I can.

With all that being said I'd like to place interest in Lord Lacroix’s Daughter, but will get you the reservation info as soon as I know the answer ro question one.

Thank you. :)

Bartholomew Finch
Member for 6 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrokenInk on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:03 pm

Hey you two! I'm so glad some interest has been shown. ^^

@PrettyOddTho::
Hmm.. As for Lathan's dragon, I don't have too much in mind, really. Do you have any ideas brewing? If you'd like you can message me to discuss things about it. :D Gender-wise, I don't mind either, if that helps any at all. XD

Oh okay! Good face claim choice! The role is reserved for you. :)

@Bartholomew::
I understand completely when it comes to finding face claims and having to try and make them fit into certain places, so.. With that being said: No. You can choose whomever your heart desires. It is your character, after all. :D

I'd say this role-play will not be extremely fast paced, I, like you, have many other obligations (specially work), but do check on here every day. So, as long as you keep up with things and post whenever you can, you should be okay. I'd say it won't start until later next week sometime at that.

You don't know how much I love to hear that! There is no limit, only a minimum. I've been known to write as much as 1,000 words given detailed posts to go off and whatnot. ^^;

And okay! Just let me know for sure on what your reservation will be!

BrokenInk
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bartholomew Finch on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:21 pm

Thank you for the prompt response! I have decided on taking lord Lacroixs Daughter with the face claim Claire Foy (Unless she doesn't fit the age range?)

EDIT: Scratch that, she is a bit old in fact I thought she was much younger. I will have to do a quick hunt for a different faceclaim I think. Sorry bout that.

EDIT 2: I've chosen Adelaide Kane instead, shes younger and looks a bit more similar to the parent FCs.

:)

Bartholomew Finch
Member for 6 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrokenInk on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:32 pm

Hee hee.. I love your choice in face claim! ^^ I'll reserve the role for you right now! I can't wait to see her character sheet. :D Feel free to take on more roles, if you'd like. Now or later.. Or not at all. XD I always get a billion ideas for characters for these sorts of role-plays, but I try restraining myself. lol

I suppose my little dragon character and Lacroix's daughter will need some discussing, since they obviously must be around each other a lot and have some sort of relationship. :P We could discuss it later or you can message me whenever you think of any ideas! ^^

BrokenInk
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bartholomew Finch on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:40 pm

I'll very likely take on another role, I want to get her sheet finished first though so I don't get ahead of myself xD. I always have a bad habit of reserving too many characters at once and then trying to do all of them at the same time.

I'm going to be working on her sheet tonight, so we could discuss it as soon as I've gotten my WIP in (I've got some basic ideas on who she will be/what she will be like etc etc, or we can wait until tomorrow. I'll only be around in the evening though.

Bartholomew Finch
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrokenInk on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:51 pm

Completely understandable!

Okay! Just message me whenever you're ready to discuss. XD And that's okay, I'm usually around during the evening time/night as well!

BrokenInk
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrokenInk on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:26 am

I'm getting off for the night, but I'll be back on sometime tomorrow. Please tell friends or whoever else you think would be interested in the role-play! I would really like all the main roles filled and more. :)

If anyone has ideas feel free to tell them here!

My characters should be done within the next couple of days and I'll probably be taking on another male role. XD

If anyone else reserves while I'm gone I will get back to you as soon as I get on! My PMs are open as well. ^^

BrokenInk
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Legate on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Hey I'd love to take the Heir Lacroix if That's still open FC Thomas Burke
http://45.media.tumblr.com/ae60c9ebe2a9 ... o1_500.gif

Legate
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Hey, I was wondering if I could take the DeGray's youngest son with the FC of Eddie Redmayne:

I'm thinking he'll be frail and a bit sickly, but magically and intellectually gifted if that's fine. I'd love to discuss his relationship with "his" dragon over the PM. :)

almostinsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Can I reserve
To be determined || Human || Female || Percy and Katherine’s eldest daughter, going to Dracfort to be presented to Lathan || ___ || OPEN
EDIT*
The FC being Katie Mcgrath
Last edited by Lostsoulsbleed on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrokenInk on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Yay! More people! Welcome. ^^

@Legate::

Yeah he's still open! :D And sure, as long as you think you can find enough pictures to use on his sheet and whatnot. Reserved for you! Also, someone had messaged me earlier about possibly trying for the role, but I'm not sure yet. Competing for roles is possible, though! :)

@almostinsane::

Yep! Reserved for you. :) I adore Eddie Redmayne! XD Sounds good to me, I like it and of course! Feel free to message me whenever you'd like to discuss things.

@Lostsoulsbleed::

Sure thing- reserved for you!

|| EDIT ||

Okay, so it wasn't mentioned in the Intro. page, but I want to make sure everyone is okay with this and on the same page. I want the posts to be written in past tense, third person. Is that okay?

AND.. Is everyone going to be able to write at least around 400 words a post for each character (given no writers' block and they have something good to reply to)? It's not that I'm doubting y'alls abilities as writers, I've just seen a lot of good role-plays die because.. No one being on the same page and putting effort in.

If there's something wrong with any of this and you'd like to discuss it with me, feel free to PM. Also, if you realize this role-play might be a little too much for you, I understand if you need to retract your reservation.

Okay! Other than that.. I'm REALLY EXCITED to see everyones' characters. :D ^^

BrokenInk
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Alrighty... So I'll reserve Lord Falkov’s Youngest Daughter with the FC of Sophie Turner

And Lord Lacroix’s Son.... I'm just trying to think of a FC

I will warn you though. I have a couple other CS on the back burner to finish. I'm fairly quick at creating them and what not but I did just go back to school. So I should "hopefully" have them done by like... Tuesday????
Image Image
Image Image

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:28 pm

Oh wait psych... I think Legate got him already... So how about Lord Falkov's Son

FC Kit Harrington

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PrettyOddTho on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:28 pm

400 words is no problem for me, but 800.. I'll never start a post because my fingers will complain of the work. XD May I retract my reservation on the elder daughter? I think I'll just stick to one, I'd have loved to play her but as you can see I don't even have a CS started yet so~.

PrettyOddTho
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrokenInk on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:26 pm

@Scar.- ::

Awesome! Thank you! :D Both roles reserved for you!

@PrettyOddTho::

LOL.. Understandable! No problem at all. :) And sure thing, that's perfectly fine. I adore Lathan's little dragon already. <3

Updating the Intro. page now!

BrokenInk
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:30 am

Don't mind my blank CS I submitted :p Keeps my thoughts straight and reminds me which CS I have to create xD

Btw their names are Brom Falkov & Gwendolynn Falkov idk if you need those for the intro or not

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xNocturnax on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:25 am

Okay okay. I've come to half a decision.

I think I'd like to reserve the Youngest Princess of Courtmoor if she's still spare? However I am having an FC tear between
Chloe Moretz
While Chloe may not fit the era, it'll give the character an excuse to look, feel and act oddly. Plus, she looks like she could handle dragons and be quite the tough cookie.

And Saorise Ronan
Meanwhile Saorise carries the family blues and has this adventurous life to her eyes but composure of a princess.

Either way what I'm aiming for in my character would be similar to the Arya Stark of the bunch. Bit of an odd ball. More of a fighter than lover.

Anybody feel free to push me in a FC direction.
ImageImage

xNocturnax
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wiley on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:29 am

Hello there, May I reserve Kerrigans youngest son with Skander Keynes?

I'll provide gifs asap, as I am currently on mobile and its very hard to get gifs while on my dinky little phone. But I'll get around to it. Also I might change Skander, cause he was just the first person I could think of for a male FC If you have any suggestionsI'd love to hear them, I really suck at coming up with male faceclaims.

I've got to make a few posts elsewhere first, but as soon as I've gotten through those I can work on the character.

Also I can post an almost ridiculous amount, so no worries on the word count.

Wiley
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!