Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Five (Working Title)

a topic in Growth, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

New to the literary world? Just want to improve on your already strong literary background? Get tips on your language skills here.

The Five (Working Title)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Je Suis INSANE on Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:02 am

Alright lets try again. This it my originalish begining.

As soon as the window fogged the people inside stopped their deep conversation, like always they’d get nothing from this group. Never did, most likely never will. The Top Order had once suggested a form of telepathy but the Tower quickly dissuaded them completely. Only powerful beings have telepathy, no under being has ever shown unusual or remotely interesting powers. Not that they’d lead the Top Order onto the fact they know more than they had already shown.

The beings starred at the window. The Top Order insisted that they keep using the fog to spy with, knowing very well that it caused an extremely obvious fog to appear whenever utilized. Those who ran the Tower knew that ‘the enemy’ had been aware of this method of eavesdropping for years, during the war they had collected useful information with 'the fog' but that was a long time ago. Now they only caught snips of tedious dialogues from distracted or distraught people that meant nothing more than exactly what was said. (‘I know about you and what’s-his-face’).

The people at the Tower attempted several times to appeal to the Top Order to create a new method for spying, preferably something less conspicuous. Times like this made the Tower red around the ears because knowing the beings in the room the information being discussed was potentially crucial and not having a way of collecting it is extremely trying on one's nerves.

The fog lingered a few more seconds, which made the Tower look like a child who thinks ‘you can’t see me because my eyes are closed’. So the master of the Tower, embarrassed, called the fog away to spy elsewhere, where they could hopefully hear something useful.

Inside the four beings traded smiles. The room erupted with laughter, so loud the fog as it whipped away through the night picked it up.

"That had to be a record time, thirty seconds! Well, on my count that is." Corlted a frosted blond headed boy. "I think my watch stopped so I counted in my head..."

He was interrupted by another male being in the room. "Yeah, we all know the uniqueness of your math skills, Gale. Should I dare mention the 'Oh yes, Creeper go ahead! You can fit through the window.' incident?" He squeaked in a mocking voice.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Je Suis INSANE
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Je Suis INSANE on Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:27 pm

"Look Creeper, either you bloated or the window shrunk..." The blond boy was cut off by the other male, Creeper.

"You can't not bloat on demand! Wait! Windows don't shrink just to annoy people." Creeper shook his head in despiration. He looked at the ceiling and mouthed 'Why, God why?'. "Don't you start."

Creeper rounded on the girl sitting to his left on the plaid sofa. She had an infectous, hard to hide, bubbly giggle that was

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Je Suis INSANE
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.