Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Flying Dove

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

The Flying Dove

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:01 am

A very nondescript building, but an important one nonetheless. This building lived through the attack on the Sanc Kingdom that had killed the royal family and left the country in a state of civil anarchy. This building had been the home of the inside-saboteurs that led the UED to the Sanc palace, and the hideout of spies who hoped to find those that destroyed their kingdom. The Flying Dove is a ramshackle building renowned for its strict nonalcohalic service, making it a symbol of what the Sanc kingdom once stood for: A peaceful, liveable life without fear of confrontation and violence. It's run by a family, and a few employees. The newest of these employees is a young man with strong eyes and ears, constantly on the alert for whispers of war or fighting, knowing his secret lies deep beneath the ground.

"Zach looked around the Flying Dove, sighing so only the empty tables and chairs could hear him. Business had been slow since the sighting of Gundams coming to Earth. He reckoned that the people of Sanc Kingdom were keeping to their homes, fearful of a similar attack on the kingdom like the one that had happened four years ago. He had only been fourteen then, but the images were still engraved in his mind; mobile suits descending from the sky, claiming to be about to free the people from the Peacecraft Monarchy... flames, screaming, and darkness-

Zach shook it off. It didn't do him well to dwell on things in the past, especially since he had to keep such a close eye on the present. Profiteering was a skill that required one to be on thier toes at all times, much like a person in a constant dance, doing their best to move across the floor without hitting anyone else or be noticed.

Once again, Zach had to remind himself that he was a neutral party here. He was here to seek his fortune. He was here to make a name for himself.

Keep sight on the goal."
Last edited by Zach_Rendar on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:41 pm

"An uncommon, unmistakable noise filled the air. Glasses on the shelves rattled where they sat. The ground beneath Zach's feet trembled, as though shivering in cold.

Zach knew what the sound was of course, but he had to make sure. He bolted outside, his eyes scanning the skies.

Sure enough, there it was.

A pale line of white exhaust following a glowing bullet leading up into the sky. It was the unmistakable sign of a mobile suit lifting off. Something was very wrong though, it didn't... FEEL like any standard mobile suit taking off...

The far-off sound of sirens broke Zach free of his reverie, the police had finally decided to investigate, but there was no chance of them catching up with whatever had taken off. Already it was beyond Earth's gravity...

Running inside, Zach switched to ENN, but there was nothing but news of celebrities and the standard rags on international politics- blah blah blah.

Time to dosome of his own investigations."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:29 am

"The police station was almost empty, with most of the forces out in the streets, attempting to calm the populace.

It had been an exciting run to the police station from the Flying Dove; there was chaos in the streets, people running willy-nilly, trying to do something useful, even though the danger had presumably passed. It was more an uproar about seeing an MS in action once again than trying to protect the kingdom.

Zach, acting as though he belonged, flashed a counterfeit badge to the lone officer on duty and sat himself at the nearest computer console and sent out a search for information on what had just happened. A small list of reports came up, from which all the clues came together:

2-3-199; 1743: Reported crash of gundanium shipment truck along mountain route. Driver crushed. Identified as Morgan T. Ashton; resident of the L3 Colony cluster. Standard family notification taken. Shipment redelivered by associate trucking service.
    2-24-199; 2130: Public Drunkeness. Elliot R. Pifer was found vomiting in a roadside gutter. He failed to pass sobriety test with a blood alcohal level of .09. When asked what he was doing so drunk so far away from an alcoholic establishment, he replied "We finished the project, and it's so pretty. I stare into its green eyes and wonder if I'll ever have a chance to pilot it." Mr. Pifer died from alcohal poisoning in prison before any contacts could be notified.
(Death from alcohal poisoning at .09? Unlikely. Thought Zach.)
    3-1-199; 1320: Multiple reported sightings of mobile suit launching to orbit.

There was nothing else, but Zach was able to put two and two together. Someone else had a Gundam in the Sanc Kingdom. Someone who had finished its construction before he had. He would have to hurry if he wanted to launch his Gundam to counter this one.

An hour later, Zach had retreated to the foothills of the Sanc Mountains, where he found his hiding spot. In a gigantic cave, hidden from satellite photography and all roadside observation, sat the framework for his masterpiece. Zach smiled and caressed the large, yet uncomplete structure. He had a revelation when he knew that he had the ability to build this magnificent machine, and through his own brands of extortion and blackmail, he had achieved the funds to build it, although it was currently incomplete. It was this very revelation that gave him the perfect name for this Gundam.

"Epiphany" he said softly. "Looks like I'll have to pick up the pace on you... or my chances to be rich will be gone with the war when it's over...""

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:40 pm

"A call came in on Zach's phone, he answered it without hesitation. Anyone who had his number required an immediate response.

"Yes?" He said, knowing who was on the other end.

"Is everything ready for tonight?" a cool, female voice came from the other end.

"It's been ready." Zach said, a hint of irritation in his voice. "My main concern is that you won't be down here in time. We have to pull this off as soon as the target comes down."

"Let me worry about my transportation." the woman said, her voice flat, unreadable. "You just make sure your plan is foolproof, and I mean foolproof."

Then there was a click as the phone hung up on his ear. It had taken Zach a few times to get used to the lack of formalities this partnership had brought, but when he throught about it, he realized it was all for the sake of efficiency.

Getting back in his car, Zach pulled out the schematics for the Sanc Palace, and did his best to tighten his plans."

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:26 pm

Okami sighed as she put her cell phone back in her jacket's breastpocket, and drummed her fingers on the tray table in front of her. This was the last shuttle from the MO-V colony to Earth for a few days, and Okami had hopped on it as quickly as she could. She had only packed a small bag with what she needed; a handgun, a change of clothing, fake I.D.s, sunglasses, and a bottle of hair dye.

You just never knew.

She idly stirred the olive on the toothpick which was sitting in her martini, stirring the fluid inside, her thoughts the total opposite of the fluid. Her thoughts were cold, clear, and definite; the whirlwind inside of the glass a tornado of chaos, tumultus. And then she removed the olive, and let the fluids settle. She grinned smugly, then downed the rest of the martini in one fell swoop.
"Here's to you, Mr. Peacecraft."

JimBob
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:15 am

The skyport bustled with an uneasy quiet. Women keeping their purses clutched tightly to themselves. Businessmen casting weary glances around them, keeping eyes out for suspicious activity. Zach watched the sky through the transparesteel. Her flight would be coming in soon. Every sparkling ship coming down might've been hers. He still remembered the first time they had met...

It had been three years ago. It was an overcast day, dark clouds threatening rain, many people running indoors to get inside before they let loose their downpour. All except a pale young man, huddling in an alleyway.

He wasn't a pretty sight, nor were his thoughts pretty. After White Fang had disbanded, the young medic had been abandoned, left penniless and unwanted in the gutters. He was abandoned, alone, and angry. All of the old fighters of White Fang had been honored as veterans when they returned home after the war. They had been given rewards beyond measure, despite being on the losing side... but not the medic who had helped so many of those people live. Mariemaia had been a glimmer of hope in Zach's miserable life, but she had failed so quickly, it left him in the same miserable position, with twice the anger.

The rain had finally let loose on the Sanc Kingdom, and Zach stared miserably into space, his features empty. His natural thinness added with his semi-starved state made him look like a skeleton with skin. Dwelling on his hatred, he failed to notice the sound of boots splashing towards him. If he had heard them, he gave no sign of noticing. People would often give him coins so he could scrounge enough food to survive, why would this person be any different?
"Rendar?" a voice asked. He turned to look, two pops from his neck indicating its lack of use."What?" he snapped, his voice harsh and sharp.

The woman kneeled down to be on level with him. While most people looked on him with pity, this one looked at him as others had before, like they needed him, as though he were useful. This look alone brought feeling back to Zach. He suddenly realized how cold he was, how empty his stomach felt, and how wet the rain felt on his face. The woman offered him her hand, and helped him up, giving him some space under the umbrella. She didn't ask anything of him until they got to The Flying Dove, where she bought him a meal which he ate like a starving wolf.

Then they had talked, about the old White Fang, about Milliardo, about the War... Okami was the first person Zach had spoken to in years, so it was very easy to trust her. It was she who gave him the idea of building a mobile suit of his own, using his new job as a barkeep at the Flying Dove as a backing for it's construction, with some financial backing from Okami herself...

That had been a year ago...

"Flight 1349 from MO-V has landed, passengers please report to baggage claim..."

Zach held up a sign with a fake name. Dressed in uncomfortable business attire, he waited for Okami. He knew that she wouldn't bring anything for baggage. He caught sight of her, in her standard business attire. He wondered for a moment if she'd be working tonight's operation in that, but then saw a bulging carry-on bag that undoubtedly contained extra clothing.

No words were spoken between them as they headed back to the Flying Dove. Nothing needed to be said, nothing could be said in the open. What could be said, anyway? Zach owed everything he had right now to Okami. A "thank you" would not be enough.

They arrived at the Flying Dove and took a seat at the table they had first sat down at a year ago.

"I have the plan right here."Zach said, pulling the plans out of his back pocket. "There are adjacent rooftops on either side of the grand forum where the conference is happening tonight. I will be on the western building. I will make a few shots into the crowd, and that will distract and gather them around whoever I get. This should hopefully leave the target clear for you... You do have a weapon?"Okami nodded"Alright, if we succeed or not, make a break for it, and we'll meet back here in an hour... is that alright?""

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:23 pm

Okami caught Zach in a handshake, and while this was out of character for the woman, she had an ulterior motive; she had slid a plastic card inside of Zach's hand, and pulled him close to whisper into his ear.
"That's a fake I.D. for a low level government aide. It'll get you out safely in case there's any problems."
Okami then slid her hand into Zach's back pocket, and continued to whisper in his ear.
"And that's a gps tracker. You can see my location at all times. Destroy it if the situation ever becomes out of control." Okami pulled away from a stunned looking Zach, and turning coldly on her heel, she began to stride away from him, slipping the plans into her small bag. She walked towards the entrance of the airport, hearing Zach's soft footsteps behind her as the only indication that he was following closely behind. Okami strode out of the airport, noticing it was a rainy day. She placed a hand over her eyes to protect the safety of her glasses so that they would not become distorted with water droplets. "What a good omen..."

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:33 pm

At Okami's first touch, Zach recoiled slightly. He still wasn't used to actual contact with people after being alone for so long, but he held himself still as she told him what she was doing.

It started to rain as she left and Zach slowly got to work, preparing for the night's special event. He slid the ID into a prominent place in his wallet, as if he had to show it everyday, and examined the GPS tracker she had placed in his pocket. On it were two blips, one labeled "ZR", the other "SO". He played with the display a bit, familiarizing himself with the features.

Heading back to the main display, he watched as the dot labeled "OS" made it's way to a mid-grade hotel, checked in and made its way to a room where it stopped. She was presumably resting before tonight's events.

Zach made his way to the upstairs flat of the Flying Dove, set his alarm, and lied down on his cot.

"It's going to be such a fun evening..."

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:05 pm

The door to The Flying Dove burst open as Zach rushed inside, his breath deep and ragged. He had run all the way from the Conference Center, hauling his rifle in one hand, and constantly checking the GPS tracker. The dot labeled "SO" was about a mile away from the Center, and it wasn't moving. Okami was either hiding, had ditched the tracker or...

Zach shook off the feeling of dread that washed over him like a bucket of ice water. Okami was okay... she had to be okay. With sudden inspiration, he pulled out his cell phone and dialed the seven digits to access Okami's phone.

One ring...

Three rings...

Five rings, a click, and an automated voicemail message. Zach had never known Okami to not answer her phone...

He paced the room of the small bar, waiting and watching the tracker. "OS" still didn't move, staying silent and still in an alleyway between two buildings...

Zach's phone rang, and he jumped a foot into the air. He looked at the display, it was a number he didn't recognize, a number... from the colonies? He flipped open the display.

"Hello?"

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:18 pm

The secretary on the end relays the recorded message to the man.

Hello, Zach. My name is Wind and i'd like for you to get in touch with me. You can reach me at my personal comm. *The number is included with the phone call.*

The secretary then cancels the call, ending the feed of the message.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:42 pm

Zach, sitting in the Flying Dove, stared at his cell in disbelief, wondering if he should call the number he just received. Before he even knew what he was doing, he pressed the seven numbers given to him and waited for the other end to ring. A voice from the other end came from the receiver.
"Yes?"
Zach snapped into the phone, his anxiety coming out in a short burst
"I'm sure you already know who I am, I want to know who you are, and what you want with me."
"Well well, aren't we quite the businessman? My name is Wind, Though, I believe you'd know me better if I said I was Derek's son."
Derek's SON??? Thought Zach.
"I see..."

"My business with you, is the Colony's business. I know what you did during the press conference, Zach Rendar."
The Hell??? Thought Zach, cold fear washing over him.
"How... How could YOU know... and what do the Colonies want with a washed up medic?"

"The point is, I agree with your actions, and as the leader of Colony L5, I'd like for you to join us... I've got faith in you, Zach. There's more than meets the eye, the one that needs to realize this the most, is you."
Zach laughed, a harsh, short bark, instead of the once lively melodious one he used to have.
"You sound just like Milliardo in the White Fang days..."

"That's one misconception I really hope ya' don't make. 'Cause I ain't Milliardo. Plus, we've got a lil' bit more incentive. We'll help to fund the creation of a mobile suit for you... Or, if you already have one in creation, then we'll provide some assets to assist."
Damn! How do they know about Epiphany? Thought Zach.
"I'll leave this up for you te decide, you can contact me later if you like."
Zach heard a voice from the other end, it was distant... yet familiar...
"Plus, you and your mobile suit will be brought to the colony in which you'll have free housing as well."

"I'll talk to who I'm working for right now... When she gives the greenlight, I'll contact you."

"Heh, well, you're welcome 'ere man. Call me when you get confirmation... Take care."

"You as well."
With a buzz and a click, the line was disconnected, leaving Zach alone in a dark bar once again.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:24 pm

Okami frowned at her phone, not sure she quite wanted to call Zach back just yet. After all, she was tired; she was, as calm as she was, a little tense, and nervous. She then sighed and dialed Zach's number, calling him back. "Yes, Zach, I'm here. I'm sorry I missed your call. Yes, yes, I know. It's a trivial thought to be worried at this point. Forget your nerves in a drink at the bar." And with that, Okami hung up the phone on Zach before he could respond. After all, Okami didn't need somebody who was jumpy or antsy. She knew in the end Zach would come through, but she didn't want to deal with nerves at this point. Nerves would get him killed. Perhaps he could take a drug or drink enough alcohol to soothe his muscles. Everything was riding on this. The peace, future, and safety of the colonies was riding on this, and she wasn't about to let it all go down the drain. Okami was a nationalist first and foremost, and was willing to dedicate her life to MO-V. She would not let a fool like Milliardo Peacecraft, Zach Rendar, or anyone else get in her way. This would be successful. She had no choice but to succeed, for failure would result in the worst.

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:33 am

Okami was already there when Zach arrived, sitting at the usual table. He ran in and sat down.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I meant to be here, but when you didn't-"

A single glare from Okami was enough to silence the young man.

"We weren't successful, and sooner or later, someone will find out it was us."

Zach did his best not to look uneasy, remembering the phonecall from earlier

"We need to make a break. I'm going back to MO-V. I can give you a seat on my shuttle and waive the visitor's fee. I'll even send to bring Epiphany back. Or you can stay here."

Zach hesitated for a moment. The only time he had been into space colony was the Libra, and that had ended in disastor.

But then, what was the worst that could happen if he went now?

"I'm in"

Okami merely nodded and began to head out to her vehicle, Zach following closely behind.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:44 pm

Okami seated herself in a seat and buckled herself inside the shuttle. Zach followed suit, sitting right next to her. Okami said nothing to him; he had failed, but so had she. She would piece together her pride as best she could; plus, one could never tell who was listening. She folded her hands neatly in her lap and leaned her head against the headrest, closing her eyes briefly for a moment, allowing herself to feel tired for just a moment. She then snapped back to attention as she had realized she had missed a question."Hello? Okami?"Zach was now waving his hand in front of Okami's face. Okami merely narrowed her eyes at his hand, and she slowly followed his hand with her eyes as he retracted it."I asked what now. What happens now? Where do we go?"Okami closed her eyes in thought for a moment, no longer tired. Her mind was processing, thinking, coming up with a plan. Finally, she decided on the safest course of action."We will make an alliance with the other colonies of L1, L2, L3, L4, and L5. They will not want to make an enemy of MO-V; I supply both the earth and the colonies with many resources. However, Earth will not be so quick to pursue either of us if we control the economy. We can use both sides of this war to our advantage. Either we manipulate Earth into impeaching Mr. Peacecraft, or we aid the colonies in war and cut Earth off from my resources. It is entirely up to them which side we choose; I, however, will keep both of us safe and our names clear. Should they be able to implicate us in any sort of way, shape, or form, I will use the trump card. I own the economy. It will be very difficult for them to pick and choose what they do or do not say."Okami settled back into her seat and closed her eyes, resting."And now, I am tired, Zach. Allow me to rest."

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.