Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The glory after the election...

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

The glory after the election...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:22 pm

It was 12:01 September 15th, 199 AC and the young politician and Warlord known as 'Warren K Mc Cue' by the public and no other name that anyone could remember otherwise sat in a chair, watching the news broadcast on the elections ac cross the planet.

In the North American regions elections for leader of the North American continent, his interest especially was full. Why is that? Because he was a canidaqte for the elections there... and then they annouched the winner of the election.

"Mr. Warren K Mc Cue is the newly elected leader of the North American Nation... he won barely over many of his opponents, but won none the less.

Warren/Warrius had a wide smile on his face and his eyes twinkled.

"I can't beleive it. I won, this is excellent..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:55 pm

The sky above North America Nation's region known as Canada's Northwestern territories was different this night, and after watching the elections, 'Warren' had strolled outside of his home to look out at the sky from the balcony. There were an odd number of shooting star like objects in the sky.

He looked a bit more, and realized what they really were... they were debris... falling debris from the skys.

He really realized what it was, after staring at it for not long... not just debris, but debris from... mobile suits... and... off in the distance of the sky, what looked to be a damaged mobile suit of some sort... and it landed... right into the wilderness's deepest area, in an area long forbidden for all but the military to enter.

The second he saw that, he turned around and walked rapidly into his home, picking up his phone and quickly dailing in some digits on it.

"Meet me out in the forbidden zone of the forest, and bring heavily armed troops... I might even suggest a mobile suit be prepared for launch... we might have another New York Harbour on our hands..."

He walked off into his room, picking up weapons, supplies, and trenchcoat. He brushed his fingers through his dark hair, and smiled anxiously. A sigh escaped his lips.

"Comes with the job..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:34 pm

Aarkon’s vision began to blur as his Mobile Suit quickly shot its way over the thick forest which started shortly off coast from where his pod had landed. After a minute of flying the Mobile Suit finally gave up; it’s primary power source shutting down and sent it plummeting below its location. Aarkon rested his head back, he knew that Zhelir was smarter than he was, and wouldn’t risk putting himself in the same condition as him, so most likely moved to a lower, safer speed, allowing the Mobile Suit’s cooling system to keep it from malfunctioning and/or melting away. Aarkon coughed up some more blood as he fell. Maybe he’d live? Then Zhelir would find the crash site, remove him, and then kill him personally. It might be better to just die here in the crash.

Shadow landed into a lake, a small one, roughly larger than the Mobile Suit, the crash causing the water to overrun the area around it with water; which soon retracted, leaving it looking as if it had only rained; though from the sky, the trees blocked all views of this. The Mobile Suit laid their, steam pouring up from the large hunk of metal for a small while, until the sizzling sound died down and the steam was nothing more than a small cloud around the lake.

The Mobile Suit had landed on its back, only its head and the remaining knee sticking out of the water’s surface. Inside, Aarkon laid still conscious, mumbling random sentences to himself, most incoherent. It was night time on Earth; not that he cared, or even noticed. His senses slowly came back to him. He sat up, only to fall back wincing, grabbing his chest. He pressed the emergency hatch release switch, the door blowing off the Mobile Suit and landing in lake with another large splash. He hadn’t known how long he was there for, though Zhelir might not be far now. Unless landing in the North American Nation was a good idea, keeping the man from bringing his Mobile Suit out and causing problems.

But that meant that Aarkon would be an enemy, now that he had brought his Mobile Suit to Earth. Though it was his point, but being in this shape, didn’t want that known. The man, his face’s bandages crimson now, climbed out and on top of the Mobile Suit, sitting, not having the energy to actually leap from it, swim, and then run for safety… Someone would find him, and mostly no matter whom it was, they would kill him. He chuckled some, but stopped as he gasped in pain. Broken ribs.

------------------------------

OOC: The following parts have been pre-arranged. She WILL stick around, I just need to get some plot elements out of the way.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pink Shadow on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:36 pm

She had seen the entire battle from her hidden base within the Canadian Wilderness; a zone uninhabited and off-limits to most. As she lowered her binoculars from her eyes a smile crept upon her lips.

"Azure Shadow… Took you long enough. MEN! Ready a Mobile Suit retrieval unit, and make it fast! We have a distance to travel, and I want us there within the ten minute mark!"

She quickly turned and walked down the stairs from the balcony she stood on it and got in a jeep, which should be near the fallen suit within a few minutes, and would be followed by a larger truck, big enough to pull a mobile suit on it.
Last edited by Pink Shadow on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pink Shadow
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:37 pm

Aarkon looked to the side, it had been only ten minutes, but it seemed that the people had found him already. He heard jeeps and trucks; they wanted his Shadow. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his SigSauer,”They won’t have you!” He slowly stood, wincing the entire time as blood dripped from various parts of his body onto his Mobile Suit. He walked down the chest and to the head, standing on the forehead, where the sensors were. He pointed his gun towards the area where the oncoming traffic would be.

”You Military Dogs! You won’t have my Shadow! You’ll die along with the rest of your comrades! I shall make this forest crimson with your blood! So turn back now, I’m feeling generous… I’ll spare you! But only if you…”

He coughed… More blood. He took a second to catch his breath… No more yelling for him.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pink Shadow on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:39 pm

She arrived, only to hear screaming. She jumped out of her jeep, "Azure Shadow, what a pleasure to see you again. I wonder if you can recognize me, I do you… Even though it's been so many years. Here, let us take your suit for you."

The large truck pulled up, men jumping out and riding on small boats to attach hooks to the machine and pull it onto the bed of the truck.

Pink Shadow
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:39 pm

Aarkon opened his eye wide as he saw her; how’d she know it was him? His face was bandaged. He chuckled slightly, good ol’ Pink… She knew him better than he did at times. He slowly was helped down by the men,”Thank you for your help, but if I’m not here, I’ll put you all in danger. So, take Shadow… Repair him if you can, or just wait for me to return… I will return.”Aarkon grabbed a flare from a man’s pouch and began to walk a little ways from the group.

After a few moments of walking, Aarkon held up the flare and launched it into the sky, giving away his wearabouts. He’d tell anyone that found him that his Mobile Suit was lost in the ocean, and that’s if they knew about it. If not, he’d say he was in a plane crash and washed up near here, then wandered.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pink Shadow on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:42 pm

She nodded in reply, knowing well that he was capable to take care of himself. Confidently she jumped back into her jeep,

"OKAY! Move 'em out!" The group took off and she gave one last glance back behind her watching the figure fade from her view.

Pink Shadow
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:26 am

About five minutes from the time that they had drove off, and 'Warren' sped out of behind a tree where he had been spying on everything, and towards the area they had left froml; riding on his motorcycle of course. He wore a dark blue helmet as he rode the cycle, a dark blue helmet with a silver serpentine dragon painting on it.

A few more minutes pasted and he approached the area where the crash had happened, and the heavily bandaged and bleeding Aarkon.

He skidded to a stop not four meters from Aarkon, and moved his hand into his trenchcoat.

"Whom are you, and where did that mobile suit go?"

His eyes were the only truly visable feature on him from behind his helmet.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:53 am

Aarkon took a lean against a tree, holding his ribs as he looked to the man who came out on his motorcycle, coming to a small slide near him. Aarkon smiled kindly, blood dropping from his top lip onto his bottom and chin; his teeth no longer white, but a light pink from all the blood that was washed through his mouth from all the commotion.

"Whom are you, and where did that mobile suit go?"

"Mobile Suit? Mobile Suit? Don't you know such items are illegal in this time and age. What you might have though a Mobile Suit was only a plane, ingeniously decorated to resemble one, but not enough to cause trouble. It's an amusement ride for the kids... But, I crashed it, and well, the owners claimed it. I don't know where they went, but I doubt they'll be around any time soon... You know, I could really use some medical attention... Don't wanna' help me out do ya'?"

He coughed after speaking then spit the blood out of his mouth to the ground at the side of him. He then looked back up at the man's eyes; his one eye quivering with pain; though nothing else on him, not even his voice, showed sign of pain. "Oh, and as for my name... You can call me Aarkon Conner. Born and raised here on Earth."

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:05 am

The one known as Warren ran his fingers through his hair impatiently as Aarkon gave the half arse excuse. His deep midnight blue eyes peered intently into Aarkon's singular visable eye.

"You're lieing your mummy looking arse off. I know a mobile suit when I see one, and that was a mobile suit. The way it fell is my proof, and a plane that is shaped like one would not."

He helped Aarkon up, and gave him a look straight into the eyes, as if trying to deceiver Aarkon with a simple look. Aakon Conner... such an odd name... he had heard it somewhere before.

"Come with me after giving me your weapons, because I know you have them... and I will take you to my home and have you tended there. Medical teams are already on there way and my home is the closest one to here that can be gotten to via land vehicle."

He cracked his neck, and awaited Aarkon's answers.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:18 am

Chuckled somewhat and shook his head, still smiling his bloody smile to the man,"Well, then that might explain why I crashed it! I was told it was a plane, my, my my."His eye narrowed some as his mouth drooped, he was running out of energy... Or maybe his life. He took the man's help without question and looked back into his deep blue eyes. His eyes soon flared back to life as he looked into them. These were eyes of a killer... No... A warrior. Aarkon looked away and chuckled some, leaning into the man gently.

"Wow, you are good. Very perceptive man you are... Could I at least keep my SigSauer?"The arm that he had drooping down at his side tilted some to reveal the tiny little pistol. Aarkon then took from leaning on the man and tossed his coat off and held it out to him,"Might be easier to give you my coat, seeing as it's packed with them."He then reached down, groaning very loudly as he bent and took the two guns from his ankle holsters, then the two from his torso holster wrapping them in the coat and holding them to the man after re-taking a lean.

"I'd take that ride to your house now, I'm pretty sure we only have a few gallons of blood in our bodies... And I'm pretty sure that I've lost a gallon or two."He gave the best chuckle he could to his jest.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:24 pm

The sight would have scared any civilian senseless in these times. Mercurius, already red, now damn near glowing from the heat of its decent, with one very pissed off pilot at the controls. He was going to hunt that bastard down, catch him, get his suit, and with any luck, be given clearance to blow his head off.

His fuel tanks were at about half capacity, now. Pl,enty to roam the planet's surface for a good ammount of time, but not enough to break orbit. But that didn't matter, not right now. What mattered was hitting the ground, fast. He wanted to get this done with.

The suit hit the ground, the impact dampened somewhat by the thrusters acting against Earth's gravitational pull. He had landed north of where the lake was, by at least a good 20 miles. He had intentionally set this course. Aarkon's arrival would have drawn the majority of the military's attention. He would be considered second priority, most likely. But still, he wasted no time in giving the Taurus coming in a landing zone. A quick flash of burning red, and a whirl of Mercurius, and the crash shield had levelled a wide circled around the suit, for the suits to drop into.

Zhelir waited a few restles moments. It wasn't long before the fuel shuttle showed up; it had a lighter cargo than the transports, and thus entering the atmosphere took less work. It remained only for the five or so minutes it took to rebuff Merc's fuel tanks, before it was off again. The pilot clearly had no intention to stick around for the battle.

Not 10 minutes later, three shuttles roared past overhead; it didn't look as if they'd slowed down in the least bit to drop the suits, but they had indeed dropped them. Nine beautiful Taurus, all decending rapidly toward his position, barely even using their verniers to dull the impact. Nine mechanical THUDs later, Zhelir stood in the center of a loose ring. He opened a shortwave comm to all of them. He simply gave them a quote, something he'd heard back as a kid, and had loved ever since.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all outta gum.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:39 pm

He nodded, and let out a little sigh, the thought of "God, does he think I'm an idiot? I saw the long range radar reports, and the ground would not look this way if the plane was crashed and not a mobile suit, it certainly left signs of crash that a plane would not look to much like..." in his head.

"I know I'm perceptive. Keep it, but just remember. Try using it on me, and I will kill you... even after being shot...I'm not sure about you, but preserving my honor is one of my most important principals, it should be important to you too..."

He nodded, and helped Aarkon over to his motorcycle. He got on and turned on the vehicle, helping the wounded man onto the cycle just moments after putting the guns into a bag around his own waist. He got on himself in the front area and turned the motorcycle on.

With a feirce gaze forward as he tilted his head and smirked.

"Hold on as tight as you can, unless you want more injuries... I will be driving very very fast and this road is quite tough."
Last edited by Warr on Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:48 pm

Kept his arm over his chest and wrapped the other around the man's waist as he sat on the motorcycle,"Yeah, I just fell from the sky, it's not like a road's gonna' do much damage to me... I hope."His brow lifted, but it was barely noticeable,"And sorry about the blood on the bike... And your cloths..."

He looked up in the sky, seeing a small red streak... The chasing Mobile Suit would be here soon, but would it stay? That might cause unnecessary trouble, coming from the Colonies with Mobile Suits, landing in an off-limit area?

Aarkon gave a small shrug and grasped onto the man's jacket from support as they were about to take off and placed his forehead against the man's back, not wanting dirt and wind flying at him.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:24 pm

The mobile suit known as 'Mercurius' advanced rapidly through the woods, in the center of a makeshift formation, of which none of the pilots knew the name. Two Taurs led in front as scouts, while six ran behind Zhelir, fanned out in a loose quarter-circle. Zhelir himself sat in the cockpit, invisioning what he would do to Aarkon when he had permission to do it. A rather heavy, loud sound erupted from his speakers, blaring a common 'heavy metal' song at the pilot. This setting suited him just fine. Truth be told, he could not picture a better combat scenario; sneaking through the woods in the dead of night, flanked by battle-hardened veterans and preparing to sneak attack an enemy caravan.

The scouts stopped, and almost instantaneously, so did the other seven suits.

Enemies ahead. Were the only words that poured over the blare of the music. Followed by a video feed of the leftmost suit's cameras; A lake, with two men on what appeared to be a motor cycle. It was near impossible to tell exactly who they were at this range, but judging by the ammount of red on the rider's body, it was Aarkon.

That settles it, boys. Green light. He gave an equally short response to the rest of the group, marked on the left suit's cameras the targets of priority, and uploaded this to the nine suits around him.

In instant unison, the roar of thrusters filled the air. Ten suits shot from the depthcs of the woods surrounding the lake, and at the motorcycle. They did not, however, so much as send a single round at it. On the contrary, they roared overhead of the pair, and instead skimmed down the road, following the heavy imprints of a truck that seemed only large enough to be a mobile suit transport, as had been marked on the maps.

Morons... Zhelir muttered, skimming along the ground at a high speed, following closely to the tracks. Did they really expect me not to notice this? It's not like I was born on Earth...

He did not once check back to see if any search parties had attempted to catch them, for there was no need. Taurus were among the fastest current mobile suit designs, and so was Mercurius. He doubted anyone would be able to catch them.

After some time of travel, how long Zhelir wasn't sure, they finally came upon it; a very large truck, with the nearly-demolished suit very clearly mounted on the back. The convoy of suits surrounded the truck, and Zhelir pointed the beam cannon, fully ready to fire, at the truck's cab. If they were stupid enough not to hit the breaks, they would be ripped to shreds.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:25 pm

He gave a little shrug as they sped down the dirt path.

"Blood on my clothing does not matter a thing to me... not most of the time at least."

The cycle was going at such a speed that it would have killed a wandering deer or person in just moments, if it hit them. Nearly 115 MPH. Which was alot. But it oddly didn't even seem to bother Warren/Warrius. He just drove on.

"Almost there..."

The troops were ready. They had been told to be prepared for possible battle the second that the leader of North America had seen the crashing mobile suit, and the knowledge of their commanding officer had, or possibly the forsight that something would be following. He had told them to prepare all the mobile suits that were available, and they had begun. Twenty Leos already, and in poisitioning that they would not be seen by the invaders.

They pulled up to the medium sized looking house, built in typical wilderness home style. Warren hopped off and helped Aarkon off and through the door.

"You're not going to just get off that easy. I know that you're the reason that, that retched Red mobile suit from the harbour battle is here, and that those transport ships are coming..."

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:17 pm

Aarkon didn't seem bothered by the high-speed either, having been trained for High-Speed Mobile Suit Battles. He looked around and then back, seeing the Taurus in the distance,"They're going after Shadow... And Pink."He chuckled, they were smarter than any Colonist Military Scum would ever be... Even though Zhelir caught onto him not only once, but twice. He narrowed his eye some.

Aarkon had looked past Warren and to the house they were going to, then down to Warren as he helped him off the bike and into the house,
"You know, your accusations hurt. You have NO proof that they are here for me... None at all!" He shifted his eye somewhat,"Okay, so I decided to fight back against the colonies! Sue me! I didn't know I'd be chased down to Earth."

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:55 pm

The young man sighed, and gave that man a passionate glare. His dark blue eyes twinkled and he seemed to radiate a a fiery desire for something. His hand shot out, and he gave the wounded terrorist a handshake.

"Well, welcome to my forces... Aarkon. I have no problem with the colonies in their basic form, but those ones... and the colonies ruling caste at the moment... they are the problem..."

The young warlord's phone rang, and he picked it up with a speed so fast it could barely be noticed.

"Yes? This is Warren... oh... you have an update on the situation? They are chasing an unidenified truck? And the Red one is definately there? Okay... I'll be in base as soon a possible..."

The young warlord motioned towards the door, as if saying to enter it.

"Well... follow me... I know you are a mobile suit pilot... and I need all the good hands I can get to send that Mercurius and its pilot packing..."

He walked in, went through about three rooms, hit a switch and entered a before hidden passageway. He strode in with a quite smile of determination and down the hall towards the main area, a medium sized mobile suit hangar and a base for the activities he had been conducting here.

Men were scrambbling to get things ready and there was his own MS Leo ready for action...

"Would you give me a helping hand?"

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:13 pm

The colonies had been put on alert when news had reached them of Zhelir's find. A convoy carrying a fallen mobile suit meant that there had to be at least one military base nearby, probably more. It was becoming more and more evident that Zhelir had found himself in the middle of an Earth Military Zone hotspot, but the military officials had confidence in Zhelir's squad, they would not withdraw just yet. They needed to find the exact locations of these military bases and evaluate their combat capabilities. Instead, the other colonies began preparing to send in support. L4's colony had already expended all the mobile suits it could afford without risking completely vulnerability of the colony, so the burden for reinforcement was placed on two other colonies. The L01 colony and the L05 colony quickly began prepping transport shuttles to make a quick sprint to Zhelir's location. Each colony was preparing to send 9 Taurus mobile suits each on three transport shuttles. Along with these mobile suits was a special suit to lead them which, as of yet, had never been revealed to the public.

The military officials coordinating these preperations soon realized that General Sin was planning a war.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.