Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Gods: New Genesis

a part of “The Gods: New Genesis”, a fictional universe by almostinsane.

In ancient days, the primordial gods withdrew from the world to allow humanity to decide their own fate. However, in the modern age, humanity finally manages to destroy itself. Now, new civilizations rise under their gods and the guidance of their Avatars

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Gods: New Genesis”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:22 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Gods: New Genesis"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: The Gods: New Genesis

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Oh~ I remember this from a while back. I'll probably have to tweak my characters slightly (or completely rework them if I'm feel daring) to fit the new plot and such but I'm definitely eager to give them another go.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:48 pm

I'm somewhat tempted by this, mind if I go with a craftsman god? covering artifice and the like?
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Can I be the goddess of plants, wood, the harvest ect? Sort of like Demeter, but more focused on the plants than farming.
ImageImage

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:03 pm

@ Nethaniel and Fabricator Your gods sound acceptable. You can create them. :)

@Life I'll be glad to have you. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey insane! I'm impressed! :)

Can I reserve god of the wilds and desire?

And the goddesses of fate?

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 pm

So if I understand this correctly, we're allowed to suggest gods/goddesses? May I play the goddess of war and battle strategies? Kind of like Athena.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tash on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:24 pm

I have an idea for a goddess of Chaos, Entropy, and Madness. Would that be acceptable?
"If people were rain, I was a drizzle, and she was a hurricane."
ImageImage

Tash
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:38 pm

@ All Those sound awesome guys. Reserving. :)

@Lucky You will have to be careful not to god-mode with the goddesses of fate. I'd think she'd have influence over fate and foresight if that sounds okay to you.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah that sounds fine. :)
I was thinking of a way to not have them too powerful, but I'll be really careful with them.

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Alright, cool. I like your profile so far. You accidentally uploaded my character's picture as the profile picture thoguh. That or my phone is not displaying correctly.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:20 am

I'm calling dips on the God of Orcs and Ogres. I'm waiting and seeing what other people take before I before I start bringing in the older characters.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:54 am

Oh, right, I should probably say what god I'm going to make so that I don't wind up losing that spot to someone else. I've found that I have a surprising amount of extra work that is needed of me so it might be a bit before she's ready, but I'll be making a god of suffering (not in the malicious, torture sense) and justice.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscarion on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:28 am

I wonder if i might join as a God of Conspiracies and Guile. It would be an Neutral Evil or perhaps a Lawful Evil god depending on how I design him and his society.

Oscarion
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:41 am

Alright. Reserving for each of you. :)

@Lucky Nevermind. It was my phone imposing my pic on your character's thumbnail.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Character submitted. I'm looking forward to declare war on everyone!

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 pm

I have a question about the actual state of technology and the world since, while a nuclear war would make everything that wasn't protected well, dead, those who were saved by the gods probably haven't forgotten things like guns, cars, electricity, and every other piece of technology you won't find in a medieval setting. I understand that we wouldn't go instantly back to having computers and the internet (if the war happened in the modern day) since they require a bit more finesse and advancement but things like guns aren't that complicated to make.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Lifecharacter wrote:I have a question about the actual state of technology and the world since, while a nuclear war would make everything that wasn't protected well, dead, those who were saved by the gods probably haven't forgotten things like guns, cars, electricity, and every other piece of technology you won't find in a medieval setting. I understand that we wouldn't go instantly back to having computers and the internet (if the war happened in the modern day) since they require a bit more finesse and advancement but things like guns aren't that complicated to make.

I know what you mean, though then again... The schematics, plans and the actual recorded knowledge of this technology could have been lost, and futhermore, since the people were released back into the world we should assume that they were held back long enough for the worst of the radiation to disappear (which is at least a few good hundred years).

So all in all, the people are forced back to the medieval times.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:57 pm

Did they ever leave the world? I know the gods saved pockets of them but I always assumed that they just made little force fields around certain areas since it also says the gods kept the earth from being uninhabitable.

Even so, wouldn't say, a god of war, reintroduce the gun or a god of something else reintroduce whatever relates to them, especially if the gods are going to be at odds with one another and want their people to have every edge they can get?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Alright, I think I better make a clarification.

The nuclear destruction and fallout would have destroyed all of modern day technology. As for the humans, pockets of them did survive, but they could not recover the old knowledge given that once their guns broke, they at that time did not have the knowledge to repair or make new ones. Thus, as 300-500 years passed by, humans descended into tribalism and barbarity.

Meanwhile, the energy of the gods, while preserving some lands and with them groups of humans either directly or immunizing them against immunization, spread to repair the others.

As for the gods, the Pantheon reached an agreement not to reintroduce guns or modern technology as that led to earth's destruction in their mind.

As for the gods who disagreed, they were outnumbered and knew better than to defy their peers.

However, maybe later in the roleplay, some mortals may rediscover a primitive form of gunpowder and make primitive firearms. Not really accurate ones. More like early medieval ones. I am still debating this with myself, though.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!