Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Gods: The Beginning

a part of “The Gods: The Beginning”, a fictional universe by almostinsane.

Men have always told stories about the Gods, powerful beings deserving of worship, fierce in anger and generous when pleased. Embark upon a journey as the powerful god of your civilization as you lead your people. (NO LONGER ACCEPTING)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Gods: The Beginning”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:18 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Gods: The Beginning"

Note: There shall be two arcs in this roleplay. The first will be fairly short. It will consist the birth of the gods, their meeting and interactions and the creation of Ashariel from the barren land it first appears as. This will end with the creation of the mortal races and the choosing of the Avatars.

The second arc will begin with an appropriate timeskip and consist with the gods, their Avatars, followers, and civilizations interacting in the "present" time.
Last edited by almostinsane on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: The Gods: The Beginning

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Epic! I'll get working on the CS immediately!
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:27 pm

this sounds good, count me in

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:38 pm

I have the perfect character for this! I wanna join xD
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm glad you're all interested!

Just remember to read the OOC threads I'm posting. It helps explain the gameplay. It's been tried and true throughout many incarnations of this. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby libidinosus on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:48 pm

This seems interesting, so I'll be a making a wind god.
~ don't make me snap my fingers in a pentagram formation ~
- latin incantation -
~ eternal damnation ~

libidinosus
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey almost! Nice to see a reincarnation of Gods; A New Age. I'll be submitting Strach, Dragon-God of magic again.

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Cool. Reserving. I also placed the plan for the two arcs this roleplay will consist of in the original OOC post. If anyone has any suggestions on the amount of time that should pass in the timeskip, please speak. I'm open to suggestions. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SailorTitan on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi! This looks fun! I'll get making a character as soon as I can~ :D

SailorTitan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Finished the CS for Mask. I will be holding back on the other typical Gods to see if anyone else will take their position(s).

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Accepted. And glad to hear it, SailorTitan. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Aw man, this looks too good to pass on. I can't decide whether I should take an old favorite as the God of Primal Order and Savage Fury, or perhaps take a different route as a God of Craft and Mechanization? I can't decide whether I want a vast prehistoric jungle filled with beasts of legend or an elite army of 10-foot-tall mechanical knights. It goes without saying I'd love if you'd have me in this, but could you guys tell me which sounds cooler?
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Well, Fabricator has reserved Fire and Artifice for her portfolio. I think Craft and Mechanization might overlap with that. You could message, her though.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi! :)

May I reserve the Goddesses of Fate and the God of the Wilds and Desires?

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:46 pm

I'll reserve the Goddess of Fate, but you might need to work out the God of Wilds and Desires with Raidose if he chooses Primal Order and Savage Fury.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:01 pm

That's fine! Instead, may I reserve the God of Spirits and Desires?

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taroo on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:01 pm

I would like to reserve the Goddess of Fear and Chaos.
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love." ~ Leo Tolstoy

Taroo
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:14 pm

That's good, Lucky. :)

And we really needed a Goddess of Fear and Chaos. Reserving, Taroo. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SailorTitan on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Ok, so call me dumb, but are we reserving gods/goddesses that are listed somewhere? It seems like everyone's reserving Gods. I had one in mind I made up; The Goddess of Life. However, I just want to make sure if we are suppose to make our own gods. xD Deeply sorry for my stupidity. I'll continue reading the other OOC posts you have here.
Last edited by SailorTitan on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SailorTitan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:22 pm

There's no set list. People are just reserving the types of gods they came up with so that two or more characters don't end up being the same thing. For example, the God of Wilds and Desires and God of Primal Order and Fury do overlap and if Lucky chose Wilds and Desires, she'd have to work something out with Raidose.

And I'm willing to reserve the Goddess of Life for you if you'd like.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!