Announcements: Universe of the Month Voting! » Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Universe of the Month Voting! » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » Universe of the Week! » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

[Angalia] - The Golden Age

a topic in Completed RPGs, a part of the RPG forum.

Contains RPGs that are finished.

Re: [Angalia] - The Golden Age

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:11 pm

Clang!

"I can-"

Clang!

The serrated blade was grinding into Jakob's swords, causing Jakob to never regain complete balance.

"-Handle him. I think."

Thrust towards his stomach. Jakob leaned backwards, narrowly avoiding being gutted. He retaliated with a savage strike with Medusa's Talon, denting the pauldron on Saryk's armor. The wince of pain on Saryk's face was enough to know the metal now painfully dug into flesh. This feat sapped Jakob even more. Weakly going in with slashes and a stab or two, Saryk was able to fend off the two blades. It was now down to a one-armed battle between both men. Jakob let his father's sword softly fall from his hands to the ground. The clatter was no distraction. Jakob was far too into the battle to let his mind wander.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mikhos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:06 pm

he nodded, resisting the urge to collapse to the ground and either sleep, or die. he limped over to a mass of bodies, and pulled a cinderbox out of his pocket, lighting a fire under the bodies, careful to avoid the blood that would snuff it out. luckily, and wood in and around the house was dry, so it made for perfect firewood. and, the (also surprisingly) intelligent Orc knew that if those creatures to breath fire, to any extent whatsoever, then a certain amount of Gas would be welling up inside. flammable gas. rarely a good combination. he backed up, pulling three more of the boxes from his pockets, lighting them and lobbing them-- like Grenades-- over the balcony above and into three seperate rooms. he ran back, hauling the Ranger like a ragdoll over onto his shoulder, he rapidly limped out of the Manor and took cover on the wall next to where the doors used to be. he poked his head around briefly to see the flames starting to lick up around the bodies, sizziling like a barbeque. he looked to the two fighters. "RANGER! YE'D BEST BE MAKING HASTE IN KILLING HIM. AT LEAST," he paused for a second as the flames spread up around the bodies, "TAKE COVER!" he finished, swinging back around into the outside wall, he crouched down with the Ranger, keeping him well out of any danger. suddenly, there was a brief pause in all sounds, surreal, like the sound was being sucked into a vortex, then...

BANG!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

isafos
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:32 pm

The flames were starting to spread. Hillshok could sense it. Running into the other room, he called to his lord. "The manor shall be in ruins in only several minutes!"
The flame danced around the fight, a perfect harmony of steel on steel.
The smaller of the two, Jakob Gray he was called, was finding the flames to hinder his otherwise incredible mobility. Yet even so the Dremorg could not wield a dagger anywhere as well as his greatsword.
The battle raged on, neither man seeming to be the weaker.
Hillshok called once more.
But it was no use. Casting a spell of protection, Hillshok made his way through the fire. His lord would survive.

With a grim visage, Hillshok left the doors of the Manor.

Mikhos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:49 am

the heat was already effecting the stones that the orc was leaning against, the heat was so intense. he looked around quickly, but then starred in horror. the combustion was the result of one of the Creatures being ignited and detonating. now a veritable bonfire was surrounding the rest of the creatures, and closing in quickly. if the fire reached them, the house would disintegrate. he swore, running down the steps, the ranger over his shoulders. he placed him in cover behind some especially thick stumps, but even that was only temporary. he charged back up the stairs, past a Dremorg he had not seen before. he ran into the manor, dodging around the bonfire. another fire was licking up around the stairs, blocking the way up. "Damn." he cursed under his breath. he ran to the right of the bonfire, vaulting up, he grabbed on to the wooden rail, which shook violently. that wouldn't hold. he grimaced, pulling himself up and over it, onto the same level as the two warriors. he ran closer, just out of their range as he watched the two circling around, deflecting each others blows but not actually getting through each others defences. "no bonus for me." he said, running up, grabbing the Dremorg in a headlock and pushing the Ranger back with his foot. he knew exactly what would happen next. he dug his hand into his pocket, throwing over the papers he had been instructed to give the Ranger. "GO! NOW!" he roared. he had let his defences down by grabbing the papers, breaking the headlock for one second. but that was enough. he staggered back as he felt a roaring pain pierce his chest, clouding his vision with red.

isafos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:41 pm

"Hell no, I'm not leaving you, mate." Jakob's instincts took control once more. "Argenzian!" With a flourish of an arm, a conjured wind inside the building put out the flames in a fifteen foot radius. "Git out!" Rolling and catching his father's sword, Jakob sprinted from the building, his blinding speed leaving the large staircase behind him in three leaps. The papers were unscathed, but Jakob knew in several minutes he himself would collapse from exhaustion. He sat only two hundred feet from the building, falling onto his back. The shade of a large Elm was refreshing, but the smell of the building was everywhere.

Hillshok waited for Saryk- he knew he'd be out in seconds.

Saryk ripped his blade out from the half-orc who had so boldly intervened.
"You have no prestige," Saryk hissed, savoring the blood that he had spilled.
And with a call, Saryk had displaced himself into the Abyssal realm. It helped to be the son of an original Dremorg.

Mikhos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:56 pm

The nameless man stumbled upon someone under a tree. He approached slowly, feeling unsafe. The person didn't show any hostilaty, so jumped in the tree, and fell asleep on branch.
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:03 am

Noriaand grimaced as he crept towards the person under the tree in the cover of darkness. He avoided the light and kept his eye on his surroundings and on the person. He stood out of sight and waited.

Okutai
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:19 am

"Works... for me." the Half-Orc grunted, heaving himself off his back, onto his hands and knees where he weakly pushed himself up. he staggered for a second, nearly toppling over the balcony. he swore, grunting violently and summoning every last bit of energy he had not yet drained, half running, half falling down the stairs, limping down the middle of the Burning room, glancing briefly at the dead monsters, and the flame that was now burning them. "Ohh--" he broke himself off, turning back to the door, running at the full speed, more than physically possible for an Orc with his injuries. he made it clear of the doorway, limping at full speed down the stairs as, once again, all sound was sucked into the Vortex inside the house, where everything seemed to pause for a second, followed by an all encompasing, earth shattering, Gravity defying explosion, that engulfed the house, and everything in a 100 foot radius, sending the Half-Orc flying 20 feet into the air, and into complete, Blackness.

isafos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:36 am

Noriaand looked at the person laying under the tree. He looks wealthy He grinned to himself, he shot lucky today.

He crept over to the person lying under the tree. As he carefully searched a huge explosion nearby sent him back in a shout and gasp. As he got off the floor, he noticed a small shadow growing bigger, very fast! He looked up and moved out the way JUST in time to dodge the oncoming body that fell next to him in a heap.

Okutai
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:38 pm

Jakob stirred in his state of half-consciousness. The tan humanoid that approached him in his sleep did not stir Jakob, but the explosion did. The gnome that had thought he was in luck didn't make Jakob move either. But the half-orc's heavy body caused a noise that made Jakob wake.

"Ehh....?" He asked to no one, sitting up. It just dawned on him that there were actually people here- three of them.

The gnome wouldn't have been in much luck either way, all Jakob had were the documents on him other than some foodstuffs and a thin blanket in his pack.

The groaning from the half-orc made Jakob stand up. "Yer alive!" He said hoarsely, going up to his new friend's body.
After a closer examination, Jakob knew his friend was in peril still.

"We need a healer before you bleed to death."

Mikhos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:48 pm

Hearing someone talking, the nameless man fell out of the tree next to Jakob. He jumped at attention, holding his sword handle on instinct. "Growl"

Walter Barrecks
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:04 am

Noriaand got to his feet and saw the man pull out his sword. He drew his dirks and stood there ready for an attack.

"We need to get him to a healer" said someone next to him. Noriaand chanced a look to the side and saw the man who was sleeping kneeling next to a huge orc, who had clearly been wounded.

He turned his eyes to his attacker, and sheathed his weapons. " I can do something about those wounds that'll hold him for a few hours." He walked over to the orc and talked to the guy that was kneeling next to him. " Whatever your name is, go into the bushes there" He pointed " and get me my sachel. Go quickly!" As the man came back he gave the sachel to Noriaand and Noriaand took out two rather wierd vial's of some sort of liquid. He mixed them together and added some sort of leaf to the mixture. It had become some sort of paste. He cleaned the Orc's wound first then applied the paste. Then gently wrapping up the wound in bandages he tied the ends off.

"That should do it"

Okutai
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:04 am

Noriaand got to his feet and saw the man pull out his sword. He drew his dirks and stood there ready for an attack.

"We need to get him to a healer" said someone next to him. Noriaand chanced a look to the side and saw the man who was sleeping kneeling next to a huge orc, who had clearly been wounded.

He turned his eyes to his attacker, and sheathed his weapons. " I can do something about those wounds that'll hold him for a few hours." He walked over to the orc and talked to the guy that was kneeling next to him. " Whatever your name is, go into the bushes there" He pointed " and get me my sachel. Go quickly!" As the man came back he gave the sachel to Noriaand and Noriaand took out two rather wierd vial's of some sort of liquid. He mixed them together and added some sort of leaf to the mixture. It had become some sort of paste. He cleaned the Orc's wound first then applied the paste. Then gently wrapping up the wound in bandages he tied the ends off.

"That should do it"

Okutai
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:36 pm

"Just who are you, anyway?" He asked the gnome.

The growl surprised Jakob, causing him to draw his own blades, whirling around. The movement made Jakob woozy.

"And the hell are you?" He asked, skipping words.

Mikhos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:25 pm

The man cocked his head to the side like a dog would when confused. He left the grasp of his blade when the man talked, but was ready to pull it out. He had no clue what they were all doing or saying, but the smell of them wasn't the normal smell of threating things, and they didn't put out that kind of auora. He walked a little closer to Jakob, never breaking a stare into his eyes. He kneeled on all fours infont of Jakob, in a begging fashion. FOOD?

Walter Barrecks
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:18 am

"Me? MY name can wait for now. LEt's get this guy to a healer"

He heard the growl again, and then saw the reaction of the thing. "Food?" He walked over to his hiding place and pulled out his backpack. He opened it and took out a piece of bread. "Take this" He threw at the thing"

Okutai
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:07 am

The man caught the bread in the air. He consumed it as quickly as he caught it. He then proceeded to sit infront of the man, liking his hand a couple times, thanking him.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:42 am

Noriaand grimaced as he was licked over and over again.

"Shall we get this freind of yours to a healer?"

Okutai
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:18 am

The man heard the comment about the healer, still not understanding words. The pointing towards him was his only clue. He walked up to the downed man, bit on the collar of his clothes, and attemped to pull. He couldn't move the person, whoever it was. Heavy....

Walter Barrecks
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:41 pm

"I see. I am Jakob Gray. And yes, for his safety."

The man tried to drag the half-orc with his teeth.

"Is he some manner of a dog? Has he no knowledge of being human?"

Mikhos
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!