Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

[Angalia] - The Golden Age

a topic in Completed RPGs, a part of the RPG forum.

Contains RPGs that are finished.

Re: [Angalia] - The Golden Age

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:31 pm

the Half-Orc threw his hunting knife and watched as it hit the deer he was hunting in the temple, killing it instantly. he walked over to it, wincing slightly as he pulled the knife out. this was the worst part of self-sustainment. he returned to his campsite, carrying the deer over his shoulder. he stopped as he came into view of the campsite, picking up footsteps. the ADVANTAGES of being a variant of elf. he thought to himself, looking for the source of the noise. he watched as a man walked past him. nothing ab-normal. what caught his attention was the fact that where the man walked, the grass turned black and died. "Dremorgs." he muttered, ignoring it and walking back to his camp. he had no business hunting the creature, so as long as it left him alone, he'd do the same for it. plus, there was no sense in dying just because of Orc bloodlust. it wasn't like he had any 'Magical powers from the depths of hell' he thought, smirking inwardly as he reached the camp, sitting down on a makeshift stool (really just a dead tree stump) and skinning the creature he had killed, slicing off pieces of meat.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

isafos
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:49 pm

OOC: Isafos, post your character info, please. Also, I have updated the beginning post with more information and a world map.
As well, Himros seems to not be able to get on to play, but he told me on the phone that I could play as Saryk while he's away.
-------

Jakob heard the cry of a dying animal. Had Saryk already come back for another assault? Without thinking, he charged off from Rin, leaving the man alone. It didn't matter to Jakob as he went through a group of trees.

That was when he discovered a half-orc, looking to be like a hunter. Jakob put his swords away.
"Lo, traveller!" He called, smiling, and waving. "What brings you to places like here? The stronghold has been under some hard times lately, I'm afraid. Perchance you have caught sight of a draconic-looking man?"

He sat cross-legged by the half-orc. Something told Jakob that the man wasn't such a bully. Jakob hated people who shunned the half-orcs because of their orcish heritage. Half the half-orcs he had met were quite friendly people. Just a little chaotic, is all.

--------
The hybrid of Hillshok and Saryk entered the manor, the carnage of the battle between Jakob and Saryk was still there, blood and dead demons on the floor. A few statues were perched in strange places. As the hyrbrid shut the doors behind him, he whispered the world "Galinsort," and the bodies at least, disappeared. The two minds seperated.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:35 pm

Username: isafos
Character name: Unknown
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Rogue/Hunter/Warrior
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 220 lb
Appearance: prominent protruding lower jaw, two visible canine teeth, short black hair with short ponytail. blue eyes with a reddish tint. thick skin, Heavily muscled, so much so that he looks like a massive hulking animal whenever his body is visible. an average build for an orc, roughly twice that of a humans, incredibly intimidating, but his muscles are rarely ever seen tensed so apparently not such a violent Orc.
Items: one Longsword, hunting knife and Axe. a large hooded traveling cloak, a leather shirt, hidden mithril breastplate underneath, tan pants.
Last edited by isafos on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:14 pm

he Didn't have time to pull the hood of his travelling cloak over his head by the time the Half-elf reached him. he could tell however, from the smile on the man's face that he wasn't another Orc hater. he nodded in greeting, a small smile coming across his face, although he was careful not to show too much teeth. "Work, mainly. looking for a paying job to keep me out of a situation like this." he smirked, gesturing around at the small camp. I was hoping to find work at the Stronghold to pay for rations and equipment before continuing up to Renadel, Vanderville, Berz, then eventually to Ure'baen where I stay for a while, then across the edges of Tundoira, all the way back to Bak'vaen. I do the trip once every year, circling the world and stopping off at every city or town in Vas'hilld, Tundoira, Mologra, and the islands. just looking for odd jobs in the various cities and settlements I come across to keep me healthy and breathing." he paused for a second, smirking again. "this year I'll be heading to Raaf as well though." he added casualy, although not revealing why. "as for who you're looking for, yes, I did see him. he passed by only a short while ago, 10 minutes at the most. a Dremorg." he said, pointing to the grass a few yards away. "not hard to track." he chuckled, indicating the blackened dead foliage from where the Dremorg had passed.

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:31 pm

Rin ran past them, he had listened to the conversation and now it was his turn to act. He waved back, "I'm going ahead Jacob, catch up with me later. Rin pulled out his bow and began tracking, and he was good at it, but dremorgs were another matter, easy to track, hard to kill

ooc: sry for not posting for so long.
Let your soul Burn!!!

Life is to short to give up, never stop fighting.

The blade is a tool and a way of life.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sisp on Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:47 pm

Name: Grek il-gor
Race: Dwarf
Class: Axemaster
Height: 4'1
Weight: 153lb
Appearance: A long black beard hides the bottom half of his face with two plats either side of his mouth, His eyes are a deep green color with a small blue tint in the middle. His hair is long and tangled quite the opposite from his beard. His shoulders are extremely broad and his arms muscular giving him a very intimidating look.
History: Grek il-gor is a very accomplished general in the army of Tundoira he has fought for his city since a young boy, his father training him in the way of the axe. The leader of the Tundoira army sent Grek on a hoax mission to Crenold stronghold as soon as he realized that Grek could overthrow him. Even if Grek could get back the armies leader banished him from Tundoira so his arrival would not be welcomed.
Equipment: An extremely heavy armor made of steel with the insignia of Tundoira engraved into the cuirass, A large battle-axe of great sentimental value, a pair of throwing axes strung on his belt.

OOC: Hope this character is ok I'll start RP'ing as soon as i get an approval.
Last edited by Sisp on Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sisp
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:16 pm

OOC: Grek is a great character, but needs some work on his story, Frost Mountain is about as settled as the moon. Check the main page again, I've added info about all the towns named so far.

"Excuse him," Jakob said, chuckling. "An eager little ranger. Ah, but yes. I believe General Trect would be able to hire your skills. Many rangers and fighters live in the stronghold, though Ramus the enchanter is trying to hire a few more mages. Don't tell him about that Dremorg, I don't want him starting something huge, Saryk's father and uncle, incredibly powerful Dremorgs, have their ways of working our world even during Banishment." He pointed behind him as he talked about the General. "Just don't let some of the more surly soldiers get to you." He started walking in the direction of those blackened footsteps.

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:00 pm

(nice analogy.)

"Thanks, I'll give it some thought." he nodded, smiling slightly. "not many people help out Half-Orcs, especially elven folk." he said, pulling on his traveling cloak once again as the Half-elf left.

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sisp on Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:13 pm

The beast towered over him but he wasn't scared, Grek hurled a throwing axe at the torso of the huge black bear, striking and cracking a rib or two. The bear stumbled to the ground howling in agony. Grek moved cautiously towards the bear readying his battle axe. "AGH!" Grek let out a mighty cry as he lifted the axe above his head and back down again with huge force. Grek liked bears, but not the kind of bears that sneak up on you and scare you half to death. He placed battle axe on his back, and ripped the throwing axe that was lodged between two of the bears ribs. With the axe still in hand he skinned the bear, he remembered doing this with his father as a young boy. "Ahh, Tundoira what I'd do to see your large frosty gates again. Well the sooner I get this bloody important quest done the sooner I can get back." Grek spoke to himself a lot recently he didn't like company really, a few expectations but generally he didn't appreciate strangers talking to him. Grek turned around and pulled the map from his belt "Okay well I'm here" he pointed at the map and then in front of him "That way!" He walked in the direction he was pointing, Grek was a slow walker but he didn't know any faster, he had such short legs and such heavy armor. Grek was shocked, he had seen a lot but nothing like this... A patch of black grass and then another, he'd heard about Dremorgs, but never seen one.

Sisp
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:09 pm

Jakob was moving at a quick pace despite moving at little more than a jog. The trees grew thicker, but the steps remained there. He knew where they led to now- the Manor.

He laughed grimly. He had the feeling not only himself, but his descendants as well would have problems arising from this place. He was more surprised when he found a Dwarf come out onto the path.

"Lo!" Jakob called, waving. He had no idea if this Dwarf was hostile, but he was confidant that in an emergency he could escape from the man.

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:15 am

(Quite easily. :lol: )

he soon came upon the (he had thought) Hidden entrance to the stronghold, but didn't find what he expected. there was a large hole burnt through it, and when he climbed through, he found many bodies. however, the casualties were not too severe, and many more Soldiers were dragging away the dead. this must have been the work of the Dremorg that the Half-elf had spoke of. he walked past the guards, trying not to make eye contact. after many minutes of dimly lit Labyrinthine hallways, he finally reached large double doors, decorated with Crimson hanging curtains. one of the guards (a much larger one compared to the others, but still a midget compared to himself) stepped forward, tapping the bottom of his spear into the ground in an 'Attention!' sort of way. "Business in the Stronghold?" the Human inquired, suspicious, but still with a tone of friendliness. "I'm looking for work. could I speak to... ugh... Trect?" being relatively neutral-- he had worked for both sides after all, he wasn't particularly familiar with either of the sides, nor those involved with them.

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sisp on Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:15 am

"Lo" said an unfamiliar voice.
Grek looked up and stared at the figure in front of him... A half elf, A tall one well this was what he thought about everyone. He didn't seem hostile so he didn't ready his weapon. "Hello there" he said putting his head back down. "From the looks of things, your chasing that Dremorg. Any particular reason?"

Sisp
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:30 pm

The guard wasn't sure to make of a Half-Orc who knew the name of the Stronghold's leader.
"I'll show you the way. I'd appreciate it if you left your weapons on the table over here." He said gruffly. When he saw the expression on the Half-Orc's face, he smiled. "It's standard procedure. Uninvited guests must be unarmed."

----------------------

"That blasted Saryk ran off with the General's daughter, and I had to get her. With little help, too." Jakob left out the part about Yeroc. Somehow he knew it was something to keep quiet about.
"When I had fought him last he escaped, and apparently now has an ally. I'm here to stop the evil bastard before he can plague the Stronghold once more. My friend, a younger Half-Elf ran on ahead. Perchance you caught sight of him?"

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sisp on Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:54 pm

"I'm sorry, your the first person that I've seen for a few days now." Grek thought through what the half elf had said The generals daughter. "By any chance do you mean General Trect's daughter? I'm going to the stronghold now is everything in order down there? Anything I can help with perhaps?" Grek Did not like situations like this, but he needed an amount of respect from the General if he was going to complete his quest. His face grim, he placed his hand on his axe and waited for an answer from the Half Elf. "By the way, the names Grek, Grek Il-Gor general of the Tundoira army"

Sisp
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm

"Naturally." he said, smirking inwardly when he saw the looks on the guards faces when he started to pull out his personal armory which he brought from the camp. Knifes, Axes, throwing axes, some small round objects with pieces of string hanging out of top, small bottles of poison, and even a mace. he had never used half of the stock, and all but a few were in-fact for bartering in the next couple of towns, but he always loved the look on their faces when they saw him pulling it all out. "May I go in now?" he asked, smiling so as to let them know he was jesting them previously.

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:14 am

"Right." The human guard said, flushing. "If you'll follow me." He led the Half-Orc down a long, wooden floored corridor and took a step into an office, putting a hand out to keep his guest outside of the room.

"General Trect." The guard said, saluting. "This man wishes to have words with you."
"Show him in." The muscular elf said from behind his desk, amusement on his face.

The guard led Isafos into the medium sized office, saluted once more and took leave, armor squeaking as he hurried back to his post.
"Have a seat." The black-haired, stormy eyed elf half-commanded.
"What is it that you require?" Trect asked, hand propped under his chin to keep his head up.
----------------------------------------------------------

"Just the problem with Saryk." Jakob said, thinking. "Yes, I do mean Trect Crenold, general of the Crenold Stronghold Army. The Stronghold should be open to visitors and emissaries." And that's when it hit him. "Wow, the general of Tundoira? All the way down here?" He smiled. "I am Jakob Gray, Ranger." He didn't feel like telling the Dwarf he was the grandson of Xavier Gray, the Champion. People made a big deal about that.

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:00 pm

Rin stopped when he saw the mansion, damn where was Jacob, he might have the blood of a champion but Rin wouldn't have been surprised if there was a turtle in his linage somewhere too. He looked up at the mansion, "Well, i guess I'll start the party without, maybe then he'll speed up." He pulled out an arrow, knocked it, focused all his magic on it so it packed an explosives worth of energy, then loosed. "Boom" he called as the arrow his the door and ripped them off there hinges.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:16 pm

(I really need to come up with a name for this guy don't I? :lol: )

"Work." he said, and explained his travel plans to the man. "Preferably nothing too perilous, I just need a job here, and if possible, any open jobs your Clients in the other cities may have. I'm just happy to be working, as long as the pay is half decent."

isafos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakob Gray on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:30 am

"I'm afraid I can't talk any longer." Jakob apologized. "But this is of dire importance. It was nice meeting you, M'lord."
He raced off down the path, and the trees seemed to blur around him. The next he knew he was several feet behind Rin, and the young man had shot off an arrow that had destroyed the large doors.

"I ran into a Dwarf on the way here as well." Jakob laughed, drawing Medusa's Talon and his Father's sword. "Let's see where this adventure will take me this time."

-------------------

Trect scratched at his goatee.
"I think we might have a job for you. I need you to find Jakob Gray. He has papers to bring back to Vanderville, and he's been missing since yesterday. Larien said he was fighting that Dremorg again? I'm not sure, but he's the only person with the authority to carry these papers. He's the fastest messenger in the lands. Mayhaps you could help him get that little nuisance over with, and bring him back." Trect smiled. "You'll get a gold coin now and 3 gold coins after. That should be enough to live comfortably for a month or so. Sound good to you?"

OOC: Gold is incredibly rare in the world of Angalia. 5 coppers = 1 silver, 5 silvers = 1 gold, 5 golds = 1 Platinum
As this shows, 1 gold coin is worth 25 copper coins. A room at an inn is usually about 3 coppers a night for a merchant class room along with food. So 6 gold is actually a fair amount. =D

Jakob Gray
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:49 pm

Rin started forward. "Man, your weird." he put his bow away and pulled out his sword. "I don't know why I'm even friends with you. you take so long to get here I could have been dead while you enjoyed your talk with a bloody dwarf." Rin had been Jakobs friend for a little while. He didn't know why people made such a big fuss about him. He wasn't his grandfather. He was Jakob, decedent of turtles, and a nice guy through and through. Rin snickered out loud and walked through the doors.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.