Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

The Greatest Show in the Universe

The Greatest Show in the Universe

a part of “The Greatest Show in the Universe”, a fictional universe by Irish Wolf.

The adventures of crew of Cooper's Grand Traveling Menagerie and Circus, as it journey's between planets

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Greatest Show in the Universe”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Greatest Show in the Universe

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:14 am

Bridge-jumping? As in, buying a one-way ticket to San Fran kind of bridge-jumping? :S

The most insane non-suicidal bridge-jumping/diving I've ever seen was in Mostar in BiH:

Gah, I wish I was travelling rather than stuck in grim autumnal London at the 'mo. Speaking of which, where does everyone else hail from?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:29 am

Ottawa, Canada. Wish you were having the autumn we were getting. Bit of rain and now the sun keeps peeking out. Yellow and red leaves....I love it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Sea Coast, New Hampshire, USA baby! I can say, we're getting the same kind of autumn as those folks up in Ottawa are but I could do with a little less rain.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm in land locked Colorado! USA! Whoo! lol. ;) I will be getting a post up soon. I'm assuming we should include our character's arrival at the gate, right?

Oh, Skulls! I love your DP! Very awesome. :)

@Gaze: I didn't take you for such a darkling.....I know a great many songs like that, they do have quite a hypnotic effect. PM me sometime, we can talk. :)

Selene Durlan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:19 pm

That would be my assumption. Whatever you'd do for the rest of the morning and then your arrival at the gate.

Thanks!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Okay, there is my post. :)

Hey everyone, I was thinking about something. What if after the afternoon performance the circus left and then we could go to the hive planet. I'm kind of tired with the princess and king stuff. It feels kinda medieval and I'd really like to explore the hive planet. It sounds very exciting....I don't really want to take my character on the road, fight off bandits and perform for one of the princess's suitors.

Those are my thoughts at least. I wanted to get everyone's opinion first. I think a new planet might increase posting frequency, since we have only RP'ed about half-a-day worth of RP time already. :/

Selene Durlan
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:25 am

I'm okay with this, if thats what you folks want to do.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:34 am

I'm not bothered about posting frequency because, frankly, I don't have the time to post much more often than I am doing currently anyway. With regards to heading over to another planet, I don't mind- I'm happy to keep going with what Irish had planned on this one or, if other people want a change, the hive planet would be interesting too. I'm easy!

There's a lot of North Americans here, then! I'm probably posting at very unsociable times for you guys...

NorthernSoul
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:07 am

I am easy as well. I don't mind the pace. I am good with continuing as I am interested in what will happen with the princess, etc but if majority is for moving on then that is fine too. I think in the end it is up to Irish. If he feels that this planet can be summed up to his satisfaction, being his story and all then fine. If not we keep going with it. I find the pace decent as it's allowing for some good character interaction.

Northern, I don't mind the timing of your posts. :). My phone is always logged in so I check often.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 am

Apologies for the double post. I am not home at the moment and will respond as soon as I am home and near something other than my phone. I'd like to respond now but...not sure I trust it on my phone.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:55 am

No worries- whenever you're ready.

NorthernSoul
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:57 am

Ready now just do not have the means to accomplish it effectively. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:52 pm

I live in the USA also. Though I won't be telling what state. ;)

I quite enjoy you females and your easy goingness. Yes, I'd say posting frequency is not really an issue right now. The speed is great. I'm with Selene on this, I'd like to go to the hive planet after the performance also. Not that I don't like women in fancy dresses (it makes it harder for them to run away,) *Laughs evilly*

Hey Northern, you better stop hogging Skulls's character. My character wants some time with her. :D Seriously though, since we only have 5 people. Let's get them together more often. I know Atticus and Laine have some angst going on, but I don't want it to be the only excitement/drama happening with the performers.

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Northgaze
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Agreed but Atticus and Laine have something they need to finish and get out of the way. :) No worries, Laine is friendly and likes to talk to everyone.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Fine by me. They'll all be together in a bit for the meet-and-greet anyway. I was thinking I might create a new character since the princess will be out of the plot (at least for the time being). Any ideas/suggestions? Maybe a female pilot who would perform a wall/globe of death type act?

NorthernSoul
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:13 pm

I like the back and forth with Atticus. Like Northern said we are about to all be together. We'll get there.

Oh Northern! Neat idea!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Could be interesting, will she be introduced on the hive planet? :)

Northgaze
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Sounds like an interesting character idea Northern.

And it sounds like we're going to be jumping away from the political games to go play with some hive gangers then! Huzzah! I'm going to have to find a picture for it, least Northern completely attempt to take control of my game, lol. I love this, it's like this RP came with an AutoGM feature.

Anyways, once we're done here, shall I make a Tab, see if we can drum up a few new players (and yes, I do try to screen new players but I will gamble, like I did with Gaze, I couldn't find anything written in character from you) or shall I just make a new IC thread?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:26 pm

Lol! I'll have you know, I briefly played a sweet-tempered Faun. -_- I guess the GM closed the RP, so you couldn't see it. :D

Northgaze
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:24 am

Do we need a new anything? I suppose new players prefer a clean slate when they start....Irish do whatever is easiest for you. Tab, IC..or just keep going in the same thread, let it continue. Again, I'm easy and adaptable. I am just enjoying the characters, and the interactions.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!