Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

The Greatest Show in the Universe

The Greatest Show in the Universe

a part of “The Greatest Show in the Universe”, a fictional universe by Irish Wolf.

The adventures of crew of Cooper's Grand Traveling Menagerie and Circus, as it journey's between planets

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Greatest Show in the Universe”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Greatest Show in the Universe

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:40 am

I kind of like the IC thread we have now. :)

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Northgaze
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:59 am

Yeah ditto. Advertising for new charries sounds like a plan though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NorthernSoul
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 pm

So Atticus and Hawks assumed to be at the gate? Curious since we've been so quiet. Laine, Karenza and Cooper are there already.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 am

Whoops, sorry! Will get on the case...

NorthernSoul
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 pm

It's okay Northern. I didn't want to rush you. :) I'll put mine up once you are able to do yours.

Northgaze
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:55 pm

No rush for anyone. I was curious since it was quiet :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby klikxx on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Irish Wolf Says: Anyways, once we're done here, shall I make a Tab, see if we can drum up a few new players (and yes, I do try to screen new players but I will gamble, like I did with Gaze, I couldn't find anything written in character from you) or shall I just make a new IC thread?

Be careful what you wish for Wolf. You just don’t know what will crawl out of the shadows. I always said there was no way Alistair could ever be integrated back into society. But, a circus?......He may just fit in with a travelling menagerie of freaks just like him. Well, we all know there is nobody quite like the big guy, but you know what I mean.

klikxx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Sweet and merciful gods, that crazy, woman-eating, giant in a freakshow?! Hell, he'd fit right in. lol

Whats up man?
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby klikxx on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Al hasn't eaten in quite some time either so he could very well over indulge.
I'm feeling the urge to come out of retirement.

klikxx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Gaze? Irish?

NorthernSoul
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Sorry, got hit by a bunch of things recently, gonna post sometime this weekend.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:22 pm

edited
Last edited by Northgaze on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northgaze
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:26 am

Is this a friend? Do they have pre-existing mental health problems? If you think they're actively planning suicide and are likely to go through with it, you need to get them to see their doctor or to call (the American equivalent of) your local mental health crisis team. You're not going to be able to 'talk them down' without tackling the issues that underlie the problem so doing these things is very important. In the meantime, offer them as much help and support as you can and be an impartial non-judgemental ear. Try and convince them to tell their close family and think very carefully about whether you need to break their confidence and tell someone else without their permission.

As for experience- I'm a medical student and I meet people with mental illness almost every day, not to mention having suffered from clinical depression myself. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk.

NorthernSoul
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:41 am

I agree with Northern. There is no talking them down. I helped a friend who was very close to taking her own life. In Canada, family can have the person checked in and assessed at the hospital. Minimum 24 hour hold. I was not her family so I didn't have that ability. She and I talked for hours. The best I can say is be a good listener. It was all I could do and when she asked for help, which was not easy, I held her hand as she checked herself into the hospital.

All you can really do is listen and remind them that you aren't judging them and will be there for them.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Edited.
Last edited by Northgaze on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northgaze
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Thats some heavy stuff there Gaze. I don't think there is much you can do, other then what Nothern and Skull have already said, be a good listener and remind your friend that your there for them and that there are people who care for them.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:22 pm

You know my position on this Gaze and I suggest you drop the topic. This female's mind sounds made up and you have no business attempting to dictate how someone else wants to live or die. She chose her hill, now allow her to die on it in freaking peace.

@Irish: How should we respond to your post? Should our characters greet the King separately? It might take a while if we do that, since you will have to post in between each of our posts. I'm totally cornering Hawks before the greeting session ends. :D

Selene Durlan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:57 pm

I kinda left it open for Northern to make a post with the princess and our favorite grumpy tattooed man. If you want your character to greet the king, feel free or you can wait until I move us along.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:34 am

Oh, yes Northern posting with the princess sounds like a good plan. I will wait until the party moves on to post then. :)

Selene Durlan
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Done and done.

NorthernSoul
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!