Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Grimmore Murders

The Grimmore Murders

a part of “The Grimmore Murders”, a fictional universe by Lyysa.

Step into the life of a police officer living in the city of Grimmore, experience the adrenaline rushing through the body as you hunt down murders while your own demons are chasing you from the shadows.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Grimmore Murders”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Grimmore Murders

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:37 pm

The idea is that it’s supposed to be a team or a pair of detectives that work together. It could be a team of four individuals, in that case, I would like roles like these to be a part of it:

Forensic scientist

Criminal Profiler

Detective

But I could always be persuaded to let more people join if people show interest in my idea. If you feel like something is missing and have an idea of your own to what should be a part of the team feel free to share it here with me.

Please announce your interest here in the OOC before creating a character.

Feel free to customize the character skeleton however you want!

Code: Select all
Name:
Sexuality:
Position:
Height | Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Physical Description:
Personality:
Habits:
Flaws:
History:
Look alive, Sunshine.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: The Grimmore Murders

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:50 am

Hi, it looks interesting, though I have few questions...
1. Is there a possibility to play as a murderer? ( I'll explain if there's a slightest chance of it...)
2. What law would we follow? - is what I wanted to ask, but then realized you wrote California ^^
3. What do you expect from fellow roleplayers?
4. What time is it? Late 80s, earlier, or maybe it's now?
5. How many characters can we have?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zaria
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:16 am

Hello! I'm glad you find my idea interesting! I will try to answer your questions :)

1. I can consider it, what sort of idea do you have in mind?
3. I'm expecting dedication and engagement (I don't mean that you have to write a response every single day in case you are busy). What I mean is that I'm expecting everyone to communicate with each other outside of the roleplay and I would love it if people would contribute with their own cases so everyone is involved with the story building.
4. Modern time.
5. Two at most.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:56 am

Hey again ^^

I see, about 1. Well, idea isn't really polished yet, but it would be killer/murderer, who happens to be a psychologist... interested in criminology, most likely studying it at the moment.
3. Makes sense, I'm quite sure foul language is limited to IC at best.
4.Alright... (Modern time means I wonder whether Brunon Hołyst book will be enough for criminology or not)
5. Kay, kay, I doubt I'll need more than that.^^

Actually, I tried implementing said character in different rp, called Unmasked : Dissociative Mask Disorder roleplay/unmasked-dissociative-mask-disorder as another personality of my other character, though there's little about the idea that I want to use here, here I would've to find different attachments, and flaws.

Also one more question : I'm still learning to write/rp well, I hope you don't mind... :)

P.S : Now that I think about it, any character here, in your rp, will be tough to present, and play as... for obvious reasons. ^^

P.P.S : My bad, I actually tried implementing this character twice, but the other time... we never started playing. :(

Zaria
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:25 am

Alright, I will think about it. Because I have been considering having a serial killer in the story but it wasn't supposed to be one of the characters. It would be more like a ghost haunting everyone until the end when they find out who it really is.

Since I would like it to be like a cop/detective series there would be different cases so there would be progression and the story wouldn't get stuck on just one case. So the murderers were meant to be NPC's since there would be more than one.

I haven't heard about Brunon Hołyst so I can't answer that. I did google search him but I couldn't find anything on English so I couldn't understand that either.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:43 am

Kay :)

About the cop/detective series, well, this is where this character had originated from, or rather idea was, that said killer helps detectives/cops. - Psychological analysis, evaluation, and so on...

Also one more question... how realistic you want this rp to be? (Just be warned, if you want it to be fully realistic... it won't be what most people expect, some or maybe most would even say that some things are... boring ^^) - though I think you know that.

+ I think that might be useful so - the character idea is similar to Hannibal movie: Silence of the Lambs, but just a bit, not really based on it. Hope that helps a bit with understanding my character concept.

Lastly about Brunon Hołyst, I noticed that too, and I'm bit surprised, but then again its polish book so...

P.S : Out of curiosity, could you tell more about the serial killer you had in mind? It sounds interesting. Umm, just don't tell me it's the Zodiac killer. (Impossible, but still...^^)

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:48 am

I'm not sure what you mean by fully realistic because that's relative to everyone, what I consider to be realistic may not be what you mean. But to answer your question - I want this roleplay to be fairly realistic. No magic or strange creatures if that's what you're thinking about. Because realism doesn't have to be boring, there is a lot of slice of life roleplays on this site.

But yeah there could be action-packed fight scenes and gory murderers - that's even what I'm expecting since I did tag this roleplay as mature. I'm expecting the roleplay to go through dark and twisted but at the same time extremely realistic themes like murder, personal demons and perhaps rape as well (if a murder victim was raped as well).

About the serial killer - I don't have a concept yet, it was more an idea that there would be a case were someone notice a similarity to another case (that perhaps have been solved) and it would end up being the same killer. And after that more older victims would be found. Something like that. But no, no zodiac killer and no I can't say I've drawn inspiration from anything other than my own mind yet.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:57 am

Alright, sorry for not being specific earlier.

I'll explain what I meant by realism, I mean how law restricts police force and detectives, for example how interrogations really go... - for they are not filled with force, but instead with manipulation of information, which in turn destroys perspective of people that watched movies with "forceful interrogations", the ones filled with high dosage of action.

In a way, most days for them may end up being "boring". At first... ^^

Magic, supernatural, well, that's understandable.

About serial killer - kay :)

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:48 am

No that's not the type of realism I'm looking for. Like I mentioned earlier, this roleplay is inspired by cop series and most of those aren't that close to what real life cops do. My inspiration mostly comes from series like Bones, IZombie, Blacklist, Lucifer, NCIS, and others. Those are just the ones I can remember right now.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:34 am

Oh, alright, that makes things easier, at least for me - less reading, and learning for this rp, if I join^^

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 am

Hmm, question - do we need to come up with history immediately or can it be slowly shown during rp?

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Hey, I submitted character, she'll be criminal profiler, and criminal if you agree to the latter^^

+ First idea of history I guess, longer to also present more about her, and because I still feel like I lack information about rp...
+ I really dislike telling much about character early.

Update : Checked it after submiting, and it's broken in a way on my side, question - do you see the part of simple code I used as well or is it just me?

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Hey, I checked out your character and I could fix the coding if you want me to?

The history is fine, you can continue to build on it after we've started. I have no problem with that and I've decided that you can make her a villain.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Sure, if you could fix it, then great. - though do you need anything from me to be able to fix it or... ?
Yay! Though a villain she will be... complicated, I hope. ^^

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:23 am

Alright, I have fixed the coding and approved the character now!

Lyysa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:17 am

Kay, thanks! :)

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:49 am

Well, color me interested and call me a biscuit. Since the other two spots are being looked at, I can finish up the team with an on-field forensic scientist.

@Lyysa I might have to shoot a PM your way later about a couple of ideas, though.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyysa on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:08 am

Hey, how nice that some more people have shown up! I did get a PM today from another writer that was interested in the forensic scientist but I have no problem with there being two of them. But I'm open to other things as well if you have suggestions. I only made suggestions to give people an idea to what sort of team I wanted.

Lyysa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:39 am

Sticking my head in to introduce myself- I'm the aforementioned writer with an interest in the forensic scientist, and I am definitely for there being more than one! Makes interactions and relationships being more interesting!
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:42 am

Well, hi ^^

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!