Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism »

Players Wanted: Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! »

The Grisha Chronicles

The Grisha Chronicles

a part of “The Grisha Chronicles”, a fictional universe by Layla.

Years after the shadows of the Unsea are extinguished, new enemies dawn. The fate of the kingdoms depend on the unlikely alliance of outcasts and criminals. They will uncover the web of deceit and discover the truth is much greater than they'd imagined.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Grisha Chronicles”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

For the love of heights

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:54 am

I'm seriously enjoying everyone's posts so much! I'll be getting Taras' up tomorrow I feel, so we can add another non-fighter to the mix haha. I'm also secretly hoping that you use "poop disgesting smile" somewhere in your post Verix. Lol

On another super serious and important note, you might notice that my height graphic is incomplete. I think Adisa, Bea, and Adrian aren't there. Now, feel free to ignore this, but if any of you would like to give me their height I would gladly add it to the list and possibly make a new graphic. I'd assume it's their FCs' height, but who knows!! Please and thank you! If not I'll just assume that they're all 7'9". Because Giants are fun :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloud
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Re: The Grisha Chronicles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:28 am

I am loving the massive posts!! WRITE MORE. We will never have enough of all your incredible talent. You are the supreme and I love you all. How blessed we are as GMs to have attracted such a wonderful team of writers. I weep :') And thank you so much for the rewrite esoteric, Frigg is absolutely wonderful and I love her to bits.

On that note, I do have something very important to say regarding the Onikh that I should have clarified earlier. None of our characters at the moment are capable of taking one down on their own. They are close to invincible without thorough knowledge of their weaknesses and some serious teamwork. Of course, our characters will eventually take them down together, but not today. Anyway, I am incredibly excited to see what'll happen! Expect a post from me maybe tomorrow night (Australia/NZ time) or after Cloud posts for Taras :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:37 am

@Cloud; Adisa is 5'6", and skinny as frick. Maybe don't even bother with the picture of the body. Just draw a line. xD

On a side note, I have to concur with Cloud, y'all are so damn talented, I just can't. :D

rubytuesday
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:21 am

RubyTuesday, omg Adisa is the smallest. Vida can finally try to mother someone smaller than her!! This is brilliant. A line will be drawn when I have the other heights (and if I don't get 'em I'll just add him anyway)

Cloud
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:45 am

@Cloud, Bea is 5'7 which I love because Adisa is the one saving her and she's probably stronger and taller than he is.

@RubyTuesday, On that note, I just wanna say that Adisa is adorable (& of course, Sin is too badass).

la.lune
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Εpιmetheus on Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:06 am

Popping in real quick to say that after 8 trillion years of hard labor, verix and I's post is finALLY done. I'm crying real tears and i just want to apologize in advance for it being 3000+ words. I'm so sorry. So so sorry.

On ANOTHER note though. i HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT EVERYONE'S POSTS. BECAUSE.
THEY'RE ALL SO AMAZING.
Gosh, I rave to Cloud and Layla like nonstop about how much I love their writing, but??? I LOVED Frigg's post like she's such a good character, and every word of it was like, just ?? Steeped in her essence if that makes any sense???? What a distinctive voice man, i'm shook. (Also i rlly relate to her MASSIVE crush on the queen LMA0)

Sin is the ultimate badass and I want to her to beat me up. Sin is amazing and I'm already in love with her. AND ADISA IS AN ADORABLE BAB. (in an early draft of our post, mikkel was going to be mean af to bea to solidy the fact that he's an absolute ass in case anyone was thinking otherwise, SO I'M really glad adisa decided to be a GOOD PERSON TM. and be a sweetheart.)

AND I LOVE BEA TOO I JUST HAVE SO MUCH LOVE IN MY HEART FOR EVERYONE'S CHARACTERS.

i'm sorry omg, i'm done ranting now i promise I just had to express how great I think everyone is r.i.p.

Εpιmetheus
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby esoteric on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:02 am

OHMIGOD!!!!!!! @Εpιmetheus!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH!! I'm literally crying. What a gift you've given me on this day. In all seriousness though, I don't know what @Verix was talking about with the different writing styles 'cause I just read y'all's post and hooly FUckIng shit! Literally it was so fluid and well-written I wouldn't have been able to tell two people had written it if I didn't know it was a collab. Honestly. Legit. Excellent work. And Mikkel and Anya are, like, such goals????? They're so sassy and so badass and so beautiful. I aspire to that level of sass, tbh. Also, a couple that slays together stays together. Seriously. Goals! Their banter is off the charts and their relationship is so well-crafted... ohmigod! I can't get over it. Please never stop.

I can't put into words how great everyone's posts have been. The amount of talent in this RP is unlike any I've ever encountered and it gets me so fuckin' excited for more. All these characters are so amazing and unique in their own little way and I just can't wait to see them all develop. Have I mentioned how excited I am for this RP??? 'Cause I'm seriously jazzed, my dudes.

esoteric
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration

Drama at every turn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:51 am

There's so much suspense! Two different groups hunting for Adrian, Katya and Aleksey framed, danger at every turn, Taras gets mistaken for a girl! What will happen next?!

Cloud
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi! I finally have some more time on my hands and I just wanted to give you all some positive individual feedback. We're so lucky to have attracted such a wonderful group of roleplayers and I really want to commend all of you for working so hard on your characters and posts, especially since Cloud and I are so picky about everything haha.

Ruby, can I just say how bloody impressed I am with your characters this time around?? You really pushed the boundaries and created two wonderfully unique characters. Cloud and I have been fangirling over them for ever. Writers can be so tentative about breaking the Mary Sue mould but man you blew it out of the water. Sin's 6 feet of sass (and sin) and I just want to be her friend, and Adisa is an absolute sweetheart whose kindness is so rare amongst this crew. Well done.

Edgar Allan Poet, I know Cloud and I probably didn't make the best first impression when we nitpicked at Adrian's profile but man, we love how he turned out at the end. He's such a strange, dark thing in the midst of these more...Overt characters. I DIED when I read your post where Adrian found Katya attractive. They're total foils who literally could not be more different. I'm really happy we made him the Head of the Research Division in Jurda Parem. He fits the role perfectly. You've somehow managed to make him fit the role of an "obsessed mad scientist" whilst creating this loneliness and complexity I really appreciate.

Esoteric, I can't even begin to describe to you how much I love Frigg. Many writers are scared of giving their characters weaknesses that might make them "unlikeable" but you really went all out into developing Frigg into a character - no, person - with a lot of depth. Her pettiness and seemingly lightheartedness makes her incredibly endearing in my opinion, and it makes her darkness and desire to be of significance so much more impactful. Your writing is brilliant as always, although in my humble opinion, I think you've surpassed yourself. Thank you so much for making those edits because I know how picky I can be. I'm really, truly, looking forward to seeing Frigg grow.

la.lune, in a sea of combatants, you made a character that was much more subtle in her impact, but just as valuable. I was really intrigued by the idea of someone of Zemeni descent growing up in Fjerda, and how Bea's parents took in the teachings of Djel. It definitely made her very unusual. I love how you characterised her brother Alois as well. He's a very real character, I feel. The one who loves you and wants to do what's best, but also can't see your suffering for what it is. He wants their family to be happy but can't seem to realise how unforgivable Bea's childhood abuse was.

Epi and Verix bc you are like two halves of an arm, your characters, graphics, writing and coding are all incredible. I honestly couldn't tell who wrote which part of you collaborated post. Your fight scenes were superb and goddamn that banter. I would literally marry Anya, Mikkel and Aleks in a heartbeat. Except if I had the choice I'd probably pick Aleks bc I know he wouldn't shank me in my sleep. Thank you so much for modifying your massive post. I know it must have been ridiculously hard and tiring but you two did so well. I DON'T DESERVE YOU.

Cloud, I know you don't need this message. We sure as hell talk enough for you to know how much I admire you. But all this writing has made me sentimental. From the first RP of yours I joined - Orion for life - you have changed me for the better. You gave me a safe space to explore and grow, and a person to squeal and fangirl with. You're such an incredible writer and all your characters own pieces of my heart. You've never failed to impress me and seriously, co-GMing with you is like a dream come true cause you're such a seasoned pro you could GM for a job. You've made this RP a hell of a lot easier to manage and a million times more fun. Pls guide me in my journey to become half as cool as you :')

Layla
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:26 am

@Layla;
You are so damn smooth, geez. Honestly, thank you so much for the compliment, I'm so happy that you like my characters! :D

But don't leave yourself out! Your edits, characters, writing- they never cease to amaze me. Fang and Katya are both so wonderfully written and layered and I am so pumped to see how they grow and change throughout the story. Your edits are aesthetic and beautiful, and your writing... wow. Just wow. You always make everything flow so wonderfully, and I hope to learn a lot while roleplaying with you. :)

rubytuesday
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

#TeamGrisha

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:26 am

I'm not nearly as eloquent as Layla, but I second every thing that she said. I also completely agree with Ruby, you're such an amazing GM Layla! Everyone's characters bring something different to the roleplay and I'm psyched to see where everything leads. GRISHA4Lyf. Lol I'm embarrassing.

Also, esoteric and I are working on a collab that hopefully shouldn't take too much longer to finish!

Cloud
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:59 am

Ruby, oh stop it you. You flatter me. I'm so happy you decided to join. Now you are trapped forever and I will never let you go :D

Cloud, I feel like we're proud parents watching our children grow. It is wonderful. And I'm so excited for your post omg I can't contain myself.

Also I'm in the process of writing Fang's post and should hopefully have something up soon. (EDIT: Posted! Unfortunately, I'm half awake and it's not my best, but I'm just hoping nobody notices. Also I wasn't sure if Bea's brother was dead so I just had him look dead. Hope that's okay! And, yes, I totally used a line from The Terminator. Fang can be a badass naked sentient hunk of metal if he wants to)

Layla
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:39 pm

I'm half awake and it's not my best, but I'm just hoping nobody notices.

'Not my best'.. pfft, your post was fantastic Layla. I loved all the army Grisha coming together to bring down the onihk. I could see it all happening like a movie.

Cloud
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:49 am

@Layla, thank you so much! I know that I'm certainly not nearly as good a writer as the rest of you, so that means a lot :-)

Everyone here is actually far too amazing for words, all of your posts are just !! (the only description I can come up with for how awesome they are).

la.lune
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an edgar allan poet on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:32 am

Hey, guys! Just wanted to let you guys know I was gonna try and post today, sorry for kinda falling off the face of the planet the past couple days, but I had (minor) surgery and poet isn't very productive on Percoset (haha, sorry), but yeah, I'm working on a post and hopefully it's not painkiller-induced garbage. Thanks for being patient. You all are beautiful people. Poet out.

an edgar allan poet
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Haha. I love how almost everyone is fighting the onihk except Adrian, who just wants a bit of saliva.
    Esoteric and I are working on a post. Hopefully we'll get it up in good time.

Cloud
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby an edgar allan poet on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:56 pm

Adrian does anything for science, he's our little troubled Frankenstein. Looking forward to your post!

an edgar allan poet
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:37 am

RubyTuesday & I are working on a post now, hopefully it'll be up soon!

la.lune
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:32 pm

THE COLLAB IS UP. Aleks looks like a perv checking out Taras' nipples but I couldn't find any coloured images of him staring straight ahead that was big enough for the massive header and I was too ded to change Katya and Taras' so there you go

Layla
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Layla, Lol, is Aleks really the perv? Or is the one who put a naked Taras on the header the perv ;);) Joking ily

Cloud
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!