Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Hum

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

The Hum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterboyr on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 pm

“The Hum was always around you. That’s what life was. The constant sound of all the things we built to make life easy and a little less boring. The mechanical song. The electronic symphony. The Hum of all our things and all of us. Gone.” - The5thWave

It was a pretty normal day. Except for some reason only six kids were in a class. The halls were full but these 6 kids looked around. Something was wrong. Then they realized they couldn't hear kids in the hall. They couldn't hear birds. they couldn't hear the air conditioner, vents, fans, planes, cars, footsteps, or anything. The Hum, was gone, and it took the people with it. Six high schoolers were scared. 6 high schoolers were confused. Six highs schoolers were alone. Which is what they wanted the six high schoolers to think.

It is the year 2019. There is a normal high school in west Missouri. The students are all different, and random. They had no warning. The Hum left. There was no forecast, no system, no plan. The Hum left and it crumpled them and possibly the world. The hallways are cracked, the ceiling has caved in in places, and the floor has holes. Puddles and plants litter everything. Except one room. One that should never have been there. That, is where the story begins.

These students have to find their way through and unknown and wild world without people, without technology, and without any clues to what happened. The worse part is the only thing they do know is a note left on the whiteboard next to their teacher's skeleton... Not the one in the class... their teacher's actual skeleton, stuck with the chalk in hand, writing.

You Are Alone

The problem though is that leads them to believe someone left that message so they knew something. Which means... they probably aren't alone but something tried to get them to think they are. Every building annihilated, no cars, no wreckage of a war, just an overgrown planet. Though some things are still left... Food, guns, and adult skeletons, almost all female and older. So does this all mean they are alone... Or they aren't. Come find out.

This is a roleplay with possible magic, sci-fi, sexual, and extraterrestrial content. You apply for certain characters. Come join in on the fun!
roleplay/the-hum

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Waterboyr
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Hum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterboyr on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Okay I just need two more people to join.
If anyone is interested in being:

The Hipster
Name:
Personality: Chill, Unique, Outgoing
Good with food | Know her way around towns and cities | Wears cool hats
Likes boys, loves coffee, plays acoustic guitar, best friends with the nerd
Played By:
FC:

or

The Girl
Name:
Personality: Girly, Humourous, loves to joke
Is just a girl | Loves to talk | Has great social skills and was on debate team
Likes boys (maybe girls depending on the person who plays them), does gymnastics, reads books, is friends with the jerk
Played By:
FC:

So if someone could apply that'd be great!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Waterboyr
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mileenazel on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:22 pm

I would love to play the Hipster girl if possible. I think I have good grammar, nice spelling. I feel connected to the character so I think I would be able to play her well :D
LEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEENKIINNNNNSSSSS

Mileenazel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:03 am

EDIT: Ignore/delete ASAP.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waterboyr on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:58 pm

? Did I brake a rule?

Waterboyr
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pc131313 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:10 am

I don't think you broke any rule, he was just editing his own post and saying he wanted to delete it. Just wanted to reassure you, sorry, I won't join, I'm more in the mood for anthro roleplay right now.

pc131313
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!