Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

The Human Puzzle

The Human Puzzle

a part of “The Human Puzzle”, a fictional universe by Shané.

Give a bored, sadistic man enough power and resources to create his own amusement and what do you get? Why, human puzzle of course! <All positions taken>

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Human Puzzle”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Human Puzzle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:47 am

Welcome to "The Human Puzzle"

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and seeing the types of characters you create.

Please ensure you read the rules before posting, not only will they rule the rp but it will also give you an idea of what kind of GM I am.
Shané

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shané
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: The Human Puzzle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:05 am

Hello there. This looks really fun and interesting I felt I just had to try and be a part of it. So I'd like to reserve the male dark one if that's alright with you? If it is I'll pm you later today first chance I get.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blueshadow
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:08 am

Lovely to meet you Blueshadow :)

I would be delighted to have you join the team!

Shané
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialFawn on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 am

Hey, can I take the compliant female?

CelestialFawn
Member for 6 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Hey Shane! Glad to see you making roleplays again (:
May I reserve the position of The Rebellious Male and have the source of his FC/or change it? I had the concept that his power would be neurological disruption via sound waves but if that's too deadly (or closer to what the rebellious girl does) I can change it o:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby projectdarkeden on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Greetings, this is an interesting rp you have going on here. If possible I would like to request a reservation for the compliant male.

projectdarkeden
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:28 pm

Hello love the concept can I reserve rebellious female if that isn't already taken?
Real knowledge
is to know the extent
of one's ignorance.

Haas33
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Welcome all :) Nice to see the interest has been piqued ;)

Molly & BlueShadow- both characters have been reserved for you.

Haas33 & CelestialFawn- just requiring a pm from you before reservation.

projectdarkeden- I just messaged you.

Please Note all characters are 'reserved' but competing is still allowed as you never know when people will pull out. Also happy for others to go on a 'waiting list' so that when a person drops out you can be the next one in the rp (or I may just create a new two slots)

Shané
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:02 am

Oh! Molly: I rudely ignored your query. Sorry about that. Here's a link to his pic https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 2e710e.jpg

I am happy for you to choose another FC, but would prefer anime please :)

Shané
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:37 am

It's totally fine! I'd like to change my FC to Loki Laevatein fromm Kamigami no Asobi

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:16 am

Fc's great Molly :) Excited to see your charrie.

Shané
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:33 pm

Hello all- I have an apology to make!!
I just realised when I copied the description into the rp I left out the character sheet!!! So I'm adding it here for you to use, and I'm really sorry for those who have already started their characters. I'm not so concerned about formatting if you already have a great format, but more just for adding some of the extra info specific to the rp.

Code: Select all
[center][img]PICTURE OF NAME BANNER Can go to cooltext.com[/img]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][size=200][font=FONT][color=COLOR]BASICS[/color][/font][/size][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[size=200][left]╔[/left][right]╗[/right][/size][img]PICTURE OF CHARACTER[/img][/center][size=200][left]╚[/left][right]╝[/right][/size]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][b][size=120][font=FONT]{ [u][color=COLOR]AGE[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Age in years here[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]GENDER[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Gender here[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]PARTNER[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Name of Partner[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][size=200][font=FONT][color=COLOR]ABILITY:[/color][/font][/size][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Name of Ability Here[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Description of ability[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Weaknesses[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Describe downsides of ability[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Containment[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]How has the facility contained your characters ability previously?[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][size=200][font=FONT][color=COLOR]PERSONALITY:[/color][/font][/size][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[font=FONT]Description of Personality[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Passions[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]At least five please[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Dislikes[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]At least five please[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Weaknesses[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]What are your characters main personal weaknesses?[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Fears[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Three main ones and why?[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][size=200][font=FONT][color=COLOR]APPEARANCE:[/color][/font][/size][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[font=FONT]Description of Appearance.[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Defining Features[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Scars? Tattoos?[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Weight[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Weight here[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Build[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Slight? Muscular?[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][size=200][font=FONT][color=COLOR]THOUGHTS ON OTHERS:[/color][/font][/size][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Pair One[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Initial thoughts from rumours in facility[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Pair Two[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Initial thoughts from rumours in facility[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][size=200][font=FONT][color=COLOR]HISTORY:[/color][/font][/size][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Ability[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Born with it or created? If created how? If born- when did they find out?[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Free Life[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Briefly what was their life before the facility (if they had one)[/font]

[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=COLOR]Facility Life[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]Description of a few major even in facility. Please consider your partners role-player when mapping this out.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][size=150][font=FONT][color=COLOR]OTHER[/color][/font][/size]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[font=FONT][b][size=120]{ [u][color=FONT]FACE CLAIM[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT]If applicable[/font]

[b][size=120][font=FONT]{ [u][color=COLOR]COLOR[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT][color=COLOR] Color code here [/color][/font]

[b][size=120][font=FONT]{ [u][color=COLOR]THEME SONGS[/color][/u] }[/size][/b][/font]
[font=FONT][url]Link to song/s here[/url][/font][/center]

Shané
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:28 am

So we have two character in :)

Projectdarkeden's and Blueshadow's will be in in the next day or two.

As for CelestialFawn- she's disappeared and hasn't sent in her pm nor replied. So I want to welcome pieluver to our team who will be creating the Female compliant one :) (And she is amazing if i do say so myself). She will begin work on her character around Thursday due to only being able to use her phone.

So that's that :) The plan is for the rp to officially start on Friday or Saturday.

Shané
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Sounds great (:
I can't wait to see everyone's characters!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Just finished and submitted Damion. And if the roleplay does start on Friday or Saturday I just wanna let you guys know that I won't be able to post until sometime on Monday. Some friends and I are going on a camping trip this weekend and i won't even have access to my phone.

Blueshadow
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:22 am

Thanks for letting me know Blueshadow :)

Really looking forward to getting started! Hopefully Pie and Darkeden will have their characters in tomorrow or the day after.

Once all characters are in I will be sending each of you a pm with the notes Sam will be giving your individual characters. These will reveal the private goals/objectives for your characters >:) If you have any suggestions feel free to suggest them as I'm set on a few ideas but still fiddling with the others.

Shané
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:33 am

Hullo friends! I am Pie, and I have been summoned from the deep to help out here~ I'll be playing the compliant female! I'm still a touch swamped from my trip, but I'm hoping to have at least most of my character sheet completed by this evening!

pieluver
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:11 pm

Quick question actually- in this house, will the characters have to have their containments? (ember's muzzle or a blindfold for Delirium) Or will they not be required to have them on unless otherwise forced to by sam?

Haas33
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:20 am

None of them will have their containment unless used by Sam at various times :) When they first enter they will have their containment. i.e. Ember will go in muzzled to find a key in the room to release herself.

Also there will be an initial posting order (just for the first posts) as the pairs will go in together.

i.e. First Ember will enter posted by me, then Blueshadow will have Damion enter after her.

The other couples will go in the elevator together as normally they are in cells next to each other or live in the same cell.
I don't care whether the Rebels enter first of the Compliant ones as long as their rper's post one after the other.

Shané
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:57 am

Okay everyone :)

I'm thinking about making a start tomorrow at some point despite all characters not being in.

Pie's is in as a WIP and Darkeden has notified me of his situation and will get his up as soon as he can.

But in the meantime I will begin as first I will post, followed by BlueShadow. Then either Molly or Haas can post (whichever does so first) with the other after.

That should give enough time for Pie and Darkeden to finish and allow the rest of us to get some posting in :)

Shané
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!