Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Internationals

The Internationals

a part of “The Internationals”, a fictional universe by TheIMan.

“The Internationals” is an Modern Tech Role-Play set in 2015, centering around the actions of a group of international human-rights vigilantes and do-gooders, the 7th Internationals.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Internationals”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Internationals

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Tue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm

I've submitted my character, although his History is only basic right now and not quite up to snuff (I'm not feeling up to finishing it right now because wisdom teeth), so I promise to flesh that out more as time goes on.
From the depths, I return!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheIMan on Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 am

Just a few things about Salem. For the most part, he's good, but unfortunately:
1. The Internationals have a rich backer, but there's a difference between a few high end rifles of questionable legality and a 66.7 Billion dollar stealth fighter. Plus, they're operating out of numerous small warehouses in the boonies, not exactly places conducive to launching jet fighters.
2. What they DO have is: a V22 Osprey tilt-rotor V/STOL, a decommissioned USMC CH-53E Super Stallion and a Gulfstream V jet.
3. If he was cross-trained on helicopters and the Osprey (Which the USAF does in fact operate), that would be good

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheIMan
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian1549 on Wed May 30, 2012 12:33 pm

I sent in my character, I hope he's ok ^^

Lucian1549
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheIMan on Wed May 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Unfortunately, we already have a pilot. As it says under Rule 7, we can only have one character for each Exceptional Skill, e.g. Pilot, Sniper, medic, and its first come first served. Right now we have a pilot, a sniper and a hacker. What we need is a medic, an explosives/demolitions guy, a machinegunner or more ground-pounders, especially ground-pounders. if you could adapt him to be more combat-ready?

TheIMan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Submitted a medic
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BAWADABOO on Wed May 30, 2012 3:14 pm

haha, no worries I thought there might be a problem with the fighter.
Ill fix him right up XD thanks for the advice.
All hail John Rzeznick!

BAWADABOO
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malan on Wed May 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Any advice on Kai Suthers?

Malan
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheIMan on Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm

@TheFinalOne: Good, I was a bit worried about filling that slot. I've got a machine-gunner cooked up myself, so we mostly just need a demoman and MOAR GRUNTS!

@BAWADABOO: Cool, thanks for fixing it. Also, by M11 do you mean the M11/SIG-Sauer P226 or the Ingram M11 submachinegun?

TheIMan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheIMan on Wed May 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Malan wrote:Any advice on Kai Suthers?

Nope, all good. Although it would be nice if she had some assault rifle and basic infantry training, given that covert ops are a somewhat smaller part of the Internationals' MO.

Oh yeah, one thing, for her handgun, you might want to check this out: http://www.cbjtech.com/sida.asp?sida=2_6.5x25%20CBJ. It's available in both supersonic and subsonic for use with a silencer, and can be fired from any 9mm weapon that's been re-barreled. Seems like the sorta nasty high tech James Bond-ey type of thing that would suit her MO

TheIMan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malan on Wed May 30, 2012 4:15 pm

She was in the US military for about 3 years, so she did receive basic training, I suppose that she also received assault rifle training, although they wouldn't currently be something she carries, I think.

Malan
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheIMan on Wed May 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Ok, my bad for missing that

TheIMan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian1549 on Wed May 30, 2012 5:24 pm

TheIMan wrote:Unfortunately, we already have a pilot. As it says under Rule 7, we can only have one character for each Exceptional Skill, e.g. Pilot, Sniper, medic, and its first come first served. Right now we have a pilot, a sniper and a hacker. What we need is a medic, an explosives/demolitions guy, a machinegunner or more ground-pounders, especially ground-pounders. if you could adapt him to be more combat-ready?

Ahh, crud, didn't see that >_< Which spots are still open now, I see that quite a few that you've listed have been filled. I'm not quite sure how I'll be able to adapt my character, since I've really tried to tie everything about him together, but I can try to adapt him.

Lucian1549
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Wed May 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Lucian, demoman and MOAR GRUNTS!!!

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheIMan on Wed May 30, 2012 5:36 pm

At the moment, all that's left is explosives and good old assault troopers.

TheIMan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian1549 on Wed May 30, 2012 5:38 pm

Ok.... Give me a couple hours, I'll try to see if I can convert his character into either of those. Hmm.... Is an addiction to heroin and exploding things a bit too much, or is it ok?

Lucian1549
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian1549 on Wed May 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Pardon the double post, I don't mean to be rude. I have a quick question, could someone please explain the job of a demolitions expert (Which I presume is what you mean by 'explosives') to me? I've looked up military handbooks, but I can't make head or tails of it. I'm a pilot. Explosives aren't my sort of thing, for the most part. I'd be very grateful if someone could quickly give me an overview of the job just to make sure that I'm not completely mucking things up.

Lucian1549
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheIMan on Wed May 30, 2012 6:24 pm

For #1, not a problem, in fact an unstable demo man is even more fun.

As to the second, the explosives/demo man's job, at least in the context of the Internationals, is simple: He destroys thing. Be it blowing out a bridge so the enemy cannot follow or progress, rigging charges to ambush a convoy, blasting open a safe, or taking out a door that's too stubborn for a shotgun, or disarming a bomb or IED, the Demolitions man is trained to employ explosives and explosive devices in a wide variety of situations. In the military, taking out bridges, breaching doors and disarming bombs would probably be the most common tasks one would encounter.

TheIMan
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BAWADABOO on Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Oh, sorry the sig-sauer P226

BAWADABOO
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian1549 on Wed May 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Ok, thanks for the info. Will I have to know the names of specific explosives? Because, if so, I am certainly going to bumble off to do a whole lot of research xD Dang, I really wish we could change the names of our characters. His name of 'Lark' was actually intended to be a reference to the fact that he was a pilot, since Larks are birds, birds fly, and pilots fly (Do you understand my logic? No? Neither do I XD). Oh well, I guess we can't have everything we want. Yay for unstable demomen with overly feminine names! XD

Lucian1549
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucian1549 on Wed May 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Gah, sorry for another double post! I edited my character ^^I hope he's ok now. Poor you, you get to read through four extra paragraphs that I've had to add.... Sorry that 'concise' isn't in my dictionary... XD

Lucian1549
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!