Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Keepers of the Keys (NEW AND SHINY! ALL WELCOME!)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Keepers of the Keys (NEW AND SHINY! ALL WELCOME!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoorayformostthings on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Legends tell of a treasure that is so fantastically powerful that the King of the land of Ur'Gana, fearful of the destruction it might cause, had it sealed in a tomb by 8 of the country's most powerful Magi. Each of the magi channeled their powers into a key and used those keys to lock the treasure away forever, ensuring their kingdom's safety for generations to come. The King entrusted his most loyal advisers and bodyguards with the keys, keeping them separate so that no one traitorous and power-hungry person could use them to unseal the vault. However, the King was eventually overthrown, and the keys were scattered throughout the Kingdom in the turmoil of the revolution. Many generations have passed, and the location of the tomb where the treasure was kept, as well as the importance of the keys, was lost along the way. The people who possess the keys now see them only as moderately ornate antiques or interesting trinkets and not as the powerful magic items that they truly are. Everything was peaceful, until one night, when a powerful and mysterious psychic signal compelled the current owners of the keys to leave their homes and travel unerringly towards the capitol city of Shandala. What is behind this mysterious force? Who is trying to reunite the Keepers of the Keys and why? Is the power of the forgotten treasure finally about to be unleashed upon the world?

Okay! This story revolves around the journey to the tomb of the forgotten treasure. It's my first RP, so try not to be overly critical, haha.

RULES:
1. No Godmodding! (That one's a given.)
2. Please have at least a working command of the English language. I'd like this RP to be enjoyable for everyone, and it takes a lot of the fun away if someone writes as though they were an especially dim elementary school student.
3. Follow the RPG rules and conditions. (Also a given.)
4. Please PM me with a character profile before you just randomly jump in and start posting away, just so that I can OK it. It shouldn't take me more than a day to read over your profile and respond to you, so I'll make it as painless an experience as possible.
5. Swearing is fine by me, so go ahead and let loose. Romance is also fine, but keep it PG-13 so the RP isn't shut down.
6. As GM, it's up to me to advance the story, so if you're planning on something uber-dramatic or getting the party into a fight, check with me first.

Each character has one of the 8 keys. These keys are powerful magic objects, even if the owner doesn't realize it, and have influenced the powers that the character has developed. Here are your choices:

Fire: Powers of the destructive force of fire.
Water: Powers of water and ice.
Earth: Powers of the very earth itself.
Air: Powers of air and lightning.
Light: Powers to heal and help, as well as the ability to destroy the undead.
Dark: Powers to hurt and hinder, as well as the ability to control the undead.
Order: Powers over the flow of time.
Chaos: Powers to wreak havoc, such as disease and illusion abilities.

For obvious reasons, there can only be one character for each power, so pick fast before your favorite one is taken!

CHARACTER PROFILE: (You can add whatever other details you'd like, but please include at least this basic information.)

Name: (Duh.)
Race: Except for the very outskirts of the country, Ur'Gana is almost entirely human, so check with me before you create some sort of crazy dwarf/fairy or vampire/dragon character. Chances are I'll be fine with one or two of you playing an elf or dwarf, but don't get too wild.
Age: I'd prefer that it was a realistic age for a person to be traveling strenuously on their own, so no 8 or 80-year olds, please.
Appearance: Tell me what you look like! The more detailed, the better. You can also link to a picture if typing is too strenuous for you.
Key: Which key do you have?
Occupation: Are you a mage? A warrior? A thief? A healer? Or just a simple shopkeep? What is your occupation in this world?
Talents/Powers: What things, magical or otherwise, is your character especially good at?
Weaknesses: Everybody's got a weakness. What's yours? Are you especially prone to blind rages? Unusually annoying? A paraplegic?
Alignment: Hero? Neutral? or Villain? The keys have been scattered throughout the country, so anythings possible. Just don't create a character who simply intends to stab every other character in the face and take their keys. You still have to play at least fairly nice.
Bio: How has your life been up until this point? How did you come across your Key? What makes you such an interesting and unique character?

Alright! The story will begin in a tavern in the capitol city of Shandala, so that's where your character's headed. Go ahead and send me your profile if you're interested in joining!
"Wanna play a joke on your chiropractor? The next time he starts working on you, go limp and soil yourself."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hoorayformostthings
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Keepers of the Keys (NEW AND SHINY! ALL WELCOME!)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Ynx leaned against a tree as she looked at the town. Hands thrust in her pockets, she examined the people in it. Her hands closed slightly over the key in her pocket -- she would be made to give it up if her father knew about it. Feh, she thought. It's not like he's my real dad.

Standing straight, Ynx made her way into town, and paused when she saw somebody who seemed to be in the same position she was.
Last edited by Akishra on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Name: Ynx
Player: Akishra
Race: Human...Sort of
Appearance: Red hair, going down to her shoulders, and hazel eyes. She wears a red sweater and faded jeans
Key: Fire
Talents/Powers: She can control fire
Weaknesses: She gets a little weak sometimes, and she causes problems in our world if she's too active. You'll learn why in her bio
Alignment: Neutral
Bio: Ynx's life technically ended before it even began. When her mother was seven months pregnant with her, their house caught on fire, killing the three of them. However, her mother negotiated with the leaders of Death for Ynx's "life", allowing the fire to fuse with her. Now, Ynx "lives" in Death as a ghost. She works as a Ghost Finder -- a ghost who finds ghosts in the world of the living -- which gives her a reason to be among the living. However, the dead cause problems in the world of the living, and Ynx has to be careful of how long she's in and what she does while among the living. She came across her key lying in the grass one day and thought it was cool, so she took it.

hoorayformostthings
Member for 17 years

EDIT: As of RIGHT NOW, the Fire, Dark, and Chaos keys have been spoken for. Air, Water, Earth, Light, and Order are still available, though, so join away! :D

hoorayformostthings
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Sarithus wrote:Name: Kyto Ender
Race: Human
Appearance: Image
Key: Dark key
Talents/Powers:Other then the powers given to him by the dark key, he can bend shadows, creating illusions, shadow clones (That evaporate when hit) and other shadowy things. Another one of his skills is the ability to temporarily copy other peoples powers and use them. (example: If he see's someone with fire, he can temporarily shoot fire balls/etc.) For skills, he has an incredible amount of things he can do, fighting being one of his top skills. He has trained himself to be a worthy enemy to any swordsman, and he has all the skills needed for survival.
Weaknesses: He is disgusted by tyrants and other people who kill innocents. He has a strong sense of justice, but at the same time is a very dark person. He has split personalities, one being good, the other being evil. His evil side calls itself Tareis, and has no morales whatsoever. When Tareis takes over, Kyto can't control himself.
Alignment: Nuetral (Whoever pays best)
Bio: The strangest thing about Kyto is the fact that he has no recognition of the past 17 years of his life. He woke up one day not knowing who he was and named himself Kyto. When he stood up, he had the key of darkness in his pocket, and that's all he can remember. Ever since then, he has been trying to recall his past, while at the same time offering his mercanery service to others.

Kyto Ender stood nearby, sword hanging limp on his shealth. He somehow felt somekind of bond to the girl he had enver even met before. Maybe it was because he sensed her key. kill her and take it for your own. It should be yours!! his darkside Tareis screamed in his head, trying to take over once again. No. I'm not going to do that to an innocent person. how do you know she's innocent? she's probably a twisted little demon!! kill her! now!! and take her key!! He shook his head, shaking Tareis' hold on him and walked up to Ynx. "uhh hello."
Credit goes to Raul for making this awsome sig pic! Thanks man!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

-------------------------------
(12:30:21) (Sarithus): Yes you do. You know you should say yes.
(12:30:32) Myth: heh
(12:31:18) (Sarithus): Say it. Say it.
(12:31:33) Myth: go on wit ya!
(12:32:04) (Sarithus): ....is that a yes.
(12:32:17) Myth: ... i dunno <<;
(12:32:17) ChatBot: (Sarithus) is now known as (Say_yes).
(12:32:26) Myth: lmao
Join my Transformers RP: rise of the decepticons!!
----------------------------

Sarithus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:45 pm

(OOC: I'd just like to say it's impossible to have a split personality, unless we tie this in with magic)

Ynx kept her face neutral at the man who approached her. She wasn't in the mood to set up her good-girl act and so didn't bother. 'Hi,' she said, wondering who this guy was and why he was talking to her.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:52 pm

OOC: Skitzofrenzia (or however you spell it) is having split personalities and it's not magical.

IC: Kyto quickly stated his name, "uh my names Kyto Ender. Nice t' meet you. I just wanted to ask you, why are you out here? alone?"

Sarithus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:57 pm

(OOC: No. I have an uncle with schitzophrenia, and he experiences auditory and visual hallucinations, as well as paranoia. I have also read up on schitzophrenia, and split personalities have never once come into what I've read in any of the university texts, or coincides from what I've heard from doctors)

'Is it so wrong for a girl to be by herself?' Ynx replied cooly.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:02 pm

OOC: Ehhhh....well the creator of the thread said it was okay!!!

IC: Kyto shrugged. "I guess so. Unless you know how to fight or anything. So, what's your name?" He knew he obviously sounded insane or like someone who was about to rob her, but he thought it would be important to find out all he could about the other key holders.

Sarithus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:07 pm

(OOC: Hm...I would still prefer a magical element. Partly because it's a part of me I hate about myself >.< but also because we can tie it into the plot, even if only your charecter's personal plot that can influence his role in the story)

'I can fight,' Ynx said. 'Is there anything about me that makes you think I can't?'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:21 pm

OOC: Well we could have it be because of the dark key...

IC: Kyto drew his sword and shoved it into the ground next to him, sending steam up from the crack kyto had hit into the floor, and he leaned against the sword. "I don't know. You look a little young. What's your name?"

Sarithus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:25 pm

(OOC: Ooo, I like that! 8D)

Ynx grasped the handle of the katana on her back, invisible to all when sheathed, and drew it, holding it down by her side and sending fire down the blade so that it burned. 'Young, eh?' she responded. 'And what makes you think I need to stay this young?'

Allowing herself to age, Ynx turned eighteen, twenty-five, then thirty. Pausing at thirty, she allowed her red hair to become silver-streaked, then went back to her fifteen year old self. 'I'm this old because I want to be. This was how long ago I was born. Don't judge me based on my age.'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:26 pm

Name: Nathan Cole
Race: Human
Appearance: 6'2, powerful build, short cut dark hair w. matching goatee, green eyes, wears grey robes over his half plate armor, greatsword in battle
Key: Chaos
Talents/Powers: Talented fighter and Tactician, also a passable mage-some thivery skills
Weaknesses: Vengance, Anger, Women
Alignment: Villian/Neutral-Self centered
Bio: Nathan was once a a street urchin, stealing to survive..until he attempted to steal from a mercenary, who for reasons he never explianed, took a liking to the young man and taught him how to fight..eventually "Dad",along with most of the mercenary group, were killed while fighting a rival kingdom-Nathan survived and wandered aimlessly, having lost the only family he's ever had, at some point in his travels, he became a slave to a powerful mage..though
the evil wizard taught him some basic magic as he began to trust the now 22 year old slave master, Eventually
Nathan rose up and killed the tyrant, and in the process gained control of a powerful artefact, along with a magic
sword and mithril armor, Nathan then decided to go and carve his home from the hearts of those who once spat on
him as a child.

Nathan watched the confrontation with mild interest, he could sense that both the people bore unusual talents..he stepped from the shadows, smiling as charmingly as possible "Hello..is there a problem?" he stood both taller and heaver than either of them..but held himself with incredible grace, obivously a person used to the unusual in life "My names Nathan..and you are..?"
Last edited by Kargoth on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:34 pm

Kyto didn't seemed surprised. "Well, that's a very nice power. So why are you here again?" He eyed her pockets, knowing what was in there do to the information provided by his darkside..."is it the key..." He said outloud without noticing.

Sarithus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Ynx stopped the flow of fire down her blade and sheithed it, then turned on her heel and walked away. Any man who could look in her pockets was too weird to be with.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Nathan eyed the pair a moment as the young woman sent a line of flames down her blade..and stopped as the young man began talking about "Keys" "Keys..you mean, right..he glanced at the young woman.., his chaos stone not quite giving him a good idea of what she was..now might be a good time to leave, no need to get killed by a couple of jumped up kids...but he'd remeber this.
Last edited by Kargoth on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sarithus on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:55 pm

"Hey, wait up!" He rushed after her. Suddenly he stood infront of her...and behind her?

"I know about your key. I have one too. Tell me where you got it and why your here, and I won't bother you anymore."

Sarithus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Ynx paused, and sighed. She wouldn't answer this man. Making herself permeable, she sunk slowly into the ground, and stayed there, out of sight and without a trace of her ever having been there.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:03 pm

Nathan walked calmly away from the empowered youngsters "This should be interesting" he said to himself as he took a seat at the window of a nearby tavern, declining the offer of food & drink..things had changed so much since he'd gotten involved with all this magic..but for better or for worse he did'nt know.
Last edited by Kargoth on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:18 pm

(OOC: Kargoth, the reason why our charecters are ignoring you are because your posts haven't coincided with ours at all. Ynx is in the ground right now, and before, she was having an arguement with Kyto. Your charecter just came up and said some things that had nothing to do with what was going on, so we had no way to include you)

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!