Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Life and Times of Digit Masperia

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

The Life and Times of Digit Masperia

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:56 pm

IC: "Sitting home alone, doing my average everyday paperwork..." Digit twirled around on his chair, talking on the phone with his fiance, Miko. He lived in the Japanese town of Tsuyasa, a new city formed after the latest war. Luckily, after the war, Digit was there to scrap up the remains of the criminals that still ravaged the town.

No, he wasn't a police officer, he was just an everyday lawyer. He hung up the phone after saying good-bye to his beloved, and walked to the door, slipping on a pair of brown boots, and a black over shirt. He was tall, fairly skinny, and not at all muscular. His hair was in ruffles, a dirty blond color.

He opened up the door and continued out onto the street. He decided he would probably go into town, and get a few things before heading back and going back to work in the morning.

But not all was well that night. Sure, the stars were bright and even the moon was clear, but the mist that surrounded the area just made everything seem out of place. It was as he was going to do something...or meet someone. Maybe something horrible would happen. But all this was in the back of his mind. He placed his hand in his pocket, took out a cigarette, and lit up..smiling and puffing on throughout the night.
Last edited by digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:05 pm

He sighed to himself as he stepped into the hard floor of a small grocery store. The man behind the counter gave him an awkward look, and made a small motion to a sign on the door behind Digit. "No Smoking" it read. Digit mumbled and put out the cigarette, throwing it to the floor. He grabbed some milk and bread and paid at the register quickly, trying to leave the store as to not bother the man that owned it Only after a few blocks though, he could smell the crisp smell of a fire burning in the distance. He turned, and what he saw amazed him. Starting at the store he was at, a fire raged out of control, and was still growing quickly. He shook his head. Why didn't he notice it before?
He dropped his food items and ran. Like a coward...no, he couldn't run. People needed help. His mind was split in two directions, and the hero of him caught the better. He rushed back towards the approaching flames and into a house not yet caught fire. Like a futuristic Paul Revere he started to cry out that the flames were spreading. He broke down the door of one house with his boot, and ran inside, covering his mouth from the smoke that seemed to strangle him. He ran upstairs, looking in different rooms. one already caught on ire, the people inside dead. One, with a small boy crying, trying to breathe. he grabbed the boy and ran out of the house. His vision blurred, he sat the boy down as he heard fire whistles in the distance, then, he fell over...passed out from exhaustion.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:22 pm

Nicola, one of the firewomen, found him and the little boy, who had passed out from inhaling too much smoke. The fire had moved dangerously close to them both, and the boy had some burns, so she waved an ambulence over.

"What do we have here?"

"Two live ones, a boy and a man, the boy looks pretty bad, probably got caught. Not sure about the man though, he just looks exhausted. I gotta run in, there's still others."

"Hey, I know this kid! His parents were already taken, both in really bad shape, if not dead. I'll take care of them."

The ambulence roared off, and Nicola went in. She was shaking, both from nervousness and excitement. This was her first real fire since she joined the squad. She managed to get a little girl out of one house before the fire found their gas tank and caused a horrible explosion. She ran in after the parents, and saw pieces of hands and feet everywhere. Leaving the house to it's fate, she ran outside, took off her helmet, and retched out the contents of her breakfast, lunch, and possibly even dinner from the night before. She was glad her long black hair was braided to the back because she didn't want to have to hold it out of the regurgitated contents of her stomach. The chief came over to her.

"You have done really well for your first day. Go ahead and quit early."

"But chief..."

"No buts! That's an order.[/i" His voice got softer "[i]You've done more than most their first real fire, now go follow that girl you saved back to the hospital and make sure you didn't hurt yourself trying to get her parents out."

Nicola weakly nodded.

"All right."

She went to the hospital and got checked out. Once she was all-clear, she went to check on the man and boy she had found. The man was just waking up.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:32 pm

There were lights above him...bright ones. He peeled his eyes apart and looked to his left, seeing a woman standing beside him, wearing a firefighter outfit. Being his most polite he smiled, but his face hurt from it too much, and thus left him with an emotionless expression as he spoke

"Hello there...m-miss...."

He grimaced. he wondered how the fire had started. Maybe it was that goddamn cigarette. If it was, he could never forgive himself. But the fire was too large, and spread too fast, and it was so...silent...either way, he wondered how the boy was. And who this girl was. by then, he could turn his head and smile, and done his best to make a good expression. A nurse came in and handed him a glass of water, and he leaned forward and drank it. He was feeling better already.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:48 pm

Nicola saw the man's attempt at smile and the look of pain when he tried, so she smiiled back, and her violet eyes showed a bit of concern mingled with relief. She had thought there was something wrong she couldn't see, having seen an apparently unharmed man passed out, but whatever was wrong wasn't as bad as she'd feared. As he drank, she spoke, her voice flowing like a river.

"Hello sir, my name is Nicola. I am pleased to see you up so soon. The nurses told me the boy will be fine in a week or two; he did get some burns but the scars will not be damaging to his social life." A touch of amusement colored her voice in the last sentance, but immediately went back to serious. "Unfortunately, his parents were not so lucky. They will probably not live another day. When I left, we had not as of yet found the cause of the fire, but the center is thought to be somewhere in the appartment behind a store that was in the neighborhood. What were you doing so close?"

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:55 pm

Being a lawyer, he knew what evidence could do to a person, but also, being an honest man, he tried not to lie. He sighed and looked down.

"I was buying some things...just some milk and bread. I was heading home when I saw the fire, and turned back to help. I just...don't realize how or why the fire spread so fast. It was amazing."

He grumbled and laid back. He was guilty, and for all he cared, he'd go to jail for fire...unfortunately, in 3.2 seconds, his brain had a jump start, leaving him sitting up in his bed sweating badly and filled with shock...his fiance, Miko, lived in the apartment complex's behind the store, but her being asleep, he didn't want to bother her...

"No....no, no, no...."

He looked towards Nicola, the firewoman, fear in his eyes. He couldn't have...it was....impossible....

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:13 pm

Nicola recognized that look.

"You knew someone who lived around there. Who? Where did the person live?"

Just then her radio said something useful. She held up her hand to listen, then translated around the static.

"They found the source of the fire, in the appartment directly behind the store. The stove had been left on, and grease caught fire. The smoke detector alerted the woman living in the appartment, and she got out okay, but some others in the same building didn't make it. No names yet."

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:21 pm

Digit heard her radio and had a spark of hope He jumped up and put on his clothes laying on the table beside him, and cracked his neck. He barely turned to look at the Nicola persona while he dashed off, eager to see who the woman that made it out alive really was.

Taking a cab to the fire station, he saw her. It wasn't Miko. Among a list of the dead her name was there, in bold letters. "Miko Greensky, age 22, died May 25th, 2059" He blinked several times out of confusion and sat down. This wasn't any grease fire. He heard a few people behind him talking, saying how baffled they were. Some stated it may have started in the store itself, but the store manager made it out alive as well, and even though they questioned him, he said nothing of a fire there, or even of Digit. At least he was cleared. But who would do it. Now every ones mind switched to vandalism. Digit buried his face in his hands, and soon saw Nicola enter the fire station after he did.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:27 pm

As soon as he ran out, Nicola cursed herself for that and ran after him. She drove to the station and walked in to see Digit's head in his hands. She sensed that he might be feeling a little guilty, so she took him into a seperate, empty room. Closing the door, she gently sat him down in a chair, pulling a chair for herself next to him and hugged him.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:32 pm

At the time...he didn't mind. He would rather have a small hug than nothing else. His arms lay limp for a good many moments, dragging tot he ground before getting the strength to pull them up around her back. he knew it was just about too much for him, and started to stream tears out of his eyes. he couldn't remember the last time he had cried, probably back in the war sometime. He lost his parents there. The thought made him cry harder, though he was silent. he was thankful though for the stranger that helped him. He sniffled and let go, pulling back and looking towards the sky. His brain was in a mixture of emotions. Knowing now that this may be vandalism, he was ready for a vengeance.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:48 pm

Nicola smiled sadly as her shoulder felt the wetness of his silent tears, taking care not to let him know she knew how much he needed to cry. When he pulled away, she sensed that she was not needed anymore, for the time.

"You can stay in here until you're ready. There's a bathroom through that door," she pointed to a door on the other side of the room from where they came in. "No one will bother you in here until the commotion has calmed down. If you need anything, call me." She handed him a small piece of paper, where she had written in barely-legible handwriting her name and phone number. "I do check messages almost obsessively, so don't be afraid to leave one. Take care of yourself, and remember, nothing will bring her back, and it wasn't your fault."

She turned, and walked out the door, leaving him to compose himself before facing the world. She went to the locker-room, where the other women congradulated her, and then went to the chief to check out before going home.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:57 pm

He didn't bother to go to the bathroom. He went straight home, and straight to his computer. He was a resource junkie, and oddly liked to know everything about everybody. Now this came in handy. Having access to a few government files, he learned about a mysterious terrorist organization, oriented in England, and known only as "The Greats" He grinned sadly, and knew he wasn't going to go to wok in the morning.

After a sleepless night, he got up, and went through his dresser. Business suits, and black tops were all he had...except one jacket. black jacket with a small tear on the right arm in the shape of a cross. he smiled. He wondered if it was an old Halloween costume, but then he remembered it was his fathers old military uniform. He slipped it over his head, and put on a pair of black dress pants to match. Few things ran through his mind. He wanted to see for himself if The Greats had anything to do with this, and he also wanted to...make himself known. it was time for him to follow in his fathers footsteps. He picked up a pair of sunglasses and walked into the bright daylight. Then he remembered that piece of paper, and decided to give the girl a call. He always needed allies, no matter who they were, and he also needed friends. he called her and waited for an answer.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:07 pm

The phone rang four times before the answering machine picked up.

You have reached Nicola's appartment- She picks up the phone before it finishes, her voice plainly showing her curiosity at who would be calling her so soon before she had to leave for her day-job at the local bookstore.

"Hello, this is Nicola."

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:13 pm

Digit smiled and looked up near the sun.

"This is Digit...you might remember me form yesterday."

He thought a moment. Would he want to gain friendship first or go straight to business. He needed someone with government background and utilities, but also someone there for him when he needed it.

"So..how are you?"

he sounded quite cheery for someone that lost someone he loved so fast. but he was always an optimist...things that got him down never kept him down for more than 3 days. When his father died, he cried a day, when his mother died he cried three. Miko he had barely met months before, and they were engaged...Miko didn't have any relation, just like him, and they were there to care for each other...but she was gone, and he was forced to move on...forced in the most brutal way. If he had his way, The Greats would soon be suffering much more than they anticipated.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:21 pm

Nicola had to think for a moment, for he had never introduced himself the day before, but it didn't take more than a couple seconds to identify the mix of emotions she detected in his voice. She also thought fast whether she could afford to be a little late for work. He won't mind so much, we've been friends for a long time, I did call him last night and, that's right, he told me if I found I couldn't bear it, I could skip today altogether if I wanted...She took a seat and picked up her hairbrush to get the tangles out of her very wet hair.

"I'm doing well, how are you?"
Last edited by miyumi on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:10 am

He smiled as she answered the phone. He was glad to hear someone finally, being alone now, it was quite hard on him. He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out hs last ciggerette, and put it into his mouth, but didn't light it. As he started to talk to her, he realized that they had never formally introduced each other.

"I'm Digit. Digit Masperia."

He looked to his left and pulled out a lighter, and then lit his smoke, and started to puff on it. Bad habits....normally, he would've quit altogether but he knew that it wasn't him that had...brought that fate onto Miko...

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:23 am

She felt a little awkward, and paused a moment before replying. She covered it by switching the phone to speaker-phone so she could use both hands.

"I am Nicola Strolli. How are you doing?"

She was quite used to asking that question, even though she always already knew the answer. She knew it was considered polite, and more than that, showed that she cared. Besides, it would not do for people to find out she already knew. She continued brushing her hair out.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:30 am

He always figured he'd be honest, and was always straight forward. From his father he learned to get straight tot he point, and by the sound of her voice, he knew he'd be saying something totally unexpected.

"Nice to meet you, Nicola...I'm doing good...I was actually on my way to my office to learn more about a terrorist organization that may have started that fire..."

It's hard to act casual while doing something as large as that, and after his office trip he figured he'd head down to the police or fire station and give them a few clues or leads. Being a lawyer, evidence always was in his mind, and several times he was offered a job as a P.I, but he figured it was too dangerous, and less pay too.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:37 am

Nicola was startled.

"Terrorist organization? I hadn't heard any leads had been discovered..."

she had finished brushing her hair. She felt a little uncomfortable changing while on the phone. Quit being so silly, it's not like he can see you! She finally settled for doing as she'd learned in the locker room, changing from robe to the clothes that were out on her bed without revealing anything to the non-existant eyes. Sometimes, feeling the person as so close no matter the distance could be a bother...

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:51 am

He nodded and smiled.

"I've been looking things up all night, and turns out a man by the name of "Gretzky Sokolov" lived on the floor under...my fiance. He's a Russian man, and he had a grudge on the group "The Greats" Their a European group, and had two or three men out to kill him, by any means....don't ask how I know all this, it took a few hours of hacking."

He took another puff of his cigarette. He was only about a block away from the police station. There he would show them everything he knew so far.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.