Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Long Ride

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: The Long Ride

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:51 pm

The sound of the gunshot echoed loudly in the train car. Beth was falling forward with Wesson. Her goal had been to knock him down, pin him if needed and give him a good punch to the face, partially to slow him down and partially because she thought it would make her feel better.

She had succeeded in knocking the gun away but the bastard had pulled the trigger and moved towards her rather than back away due to surprise. Now she was the one surprised and as a result as Wesson fell she fell ungracefully with him. Beth had just enough sense not to land on him but landed on her left shoulder beside him as she tried to roll with the motion.

A small hiss of pain escaped from the impact but she managed to roll onto her back away from him. Breathing hard she pushed herself onto her knees and began to assess her body.

There was no pain other than her shoulder and this confused Beth. He had shot, she had been right there. Even the most dim witted man with a gun in his hand couldn’t have missed her. Her hands roved over her torso and arms looking for some sign of a bullet wound. Beth moved her hands away and there was specks of blood on them. More like spatter than from a wound.

Her eyes moved over to Wesson who remained on the ground. She saw the shot he took before he said anything. She shook her head and gave a small humourless laugh. Beth walked slowly towards him. “What are the odds? By all rights it should be me laying here. I didn’t think you had it in you to pull the trigger.”

Her eyes looked him over and a small smile appeared. “Now? Now I am going to take my gun back, take yours too just to be safe and head out to my destination. What you think I am going to get all weepy and stay to make sure you are okay?”

Beth saw the blood welling around the wound.

She began to search him for her gun and anything else he might have on him that would help get away and back on the trail. She didn’t even know where she was now but she’d need to hop another train or find a horse, that much she was sure of.

Her hands roamed over his body as she investigated for pockets. She avoided his left shoulder. She was cold but she was not necessarily sadistic unless Marcus had ordered her to be. She was angry with Wesson, extremely so but he was in enough pain. She didn’t need to make it worse. Beth also found herself feeling a bit like a kindred spirit with the infuriating bounty hunter. She had once been a position where fate had intervened. Now he was on the receiving end and she didn’t envy him.

“You can make this quicker if you just tell me where my gun and your money is. Sooner I am gone the sooner you get help.”

Her eyes moved quickly to the train car door. She wanted to move quick just in case someone decided to come and investigate the sound of the gun going off. The last thing she wanted was more attention by fighting her way out of a train car.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Elizabeth Reddy was standing over him, smiling as she took in the sight of his bleeding shoulder. That’s the first time I’ve seen her smile, and it’s because she’s amused that I’m hurt. This woman’s carved from ice.

“Now I am going to take my gun back, take yours too just to be safe and head out to my destination,” she told him. She still had that smile on her face. The Lady Ace was a sicker bird than he’d reckoned. “What you think I am going to get all weepy and stay to make sure you are okay?”

Wesson chuckled, though the sound was tighter than usual. “Ah, shoot, you caught me. Here I was thinking this whole outlaw thing was just for show. I was hoping you’d swoon!” He grinned, but it quickly turned into a grimace. “I took you for a softie, sweetheart. Thought you’d be bawling your eyes out by now.”

Shit, what was he going to do? This hadn’t gone as planned. His bounty was about to get away, and he was going to walk away with nothing but a shoulder full of tiny metal fragments. The woman was patting him down, searching for her gun and feeling his pockets.

“You can make this quicker if you just tell me where my gun and your money is. Sooner I am gone the sooner you get help.”

Wesson smirked through the pain, propping himself up just a little on his good arm. “I think you’re doing a fine job, Miss Reddy. I’m thoroughly enjoying your inspection and wouldn’t speed it up for anything.” He winked at her, trying to ignore the intense throbbing that centered in his left shoulder but spread down his arm. He was also feeling a little lightheaded, but that was probably from hitting his head on the ground. He had a hard head, he told himself; he’d be fine. “You sure are pretty,” he sighed. “Here, I’ll turn over so you can search the rest of me. You might find something good.”

Wesson reached beneath him with his right arm and groped for the handcuffs tucked into a holder at the back of his belt. It wasn’t easy working the snap open with most of his weight on top of the probing hand, but he managed. He pulled the handcuffs out and raised his eyebrows. “Look what I found,” he told her, and snapped one on her wrist. “I wonder if you can get out of these?” he asked. He snapped the other end onto his own wrist. “‘Cus I sure can’t.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:00 pm

He was taunting her as she searched for her gun. She had to bite her lip from snapping at him. Did he not realize there was no time for this?

Wesson winked at her and it took everything in her not to deck him. Beth rolled her eyes as he talked about rolling over. She was getting tired of his mock flirting.

Beth looked over her shoulder once more towards the bay door. Any minute someone might come in.

She frowned and looked towards him as he mentioned finding something. Beth was expecting her gun. Instead she found him slapping a silver cuff on her wrist. He closed the other one on his wrist.

“You bastard!” Beth hissed.

“Why?” She stood and realized she was definitely locked to him. Beth knelt beside him again “Where is the key?”

She thought she was angry at him before but now Beth was seeing red. She also hated to admit it but it was a great way to stop her. Beth growled low. “Give me the key.”

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:35 pm

The look on her face was pure enraged indignation. Her blue-grey eyes sparkled with anger as he clicked the other cuff onto his own wrist. The pain he was in was absolutely worth the look on her face and he did his best to memorize it. He had a feeling that if he was going to be handcuffed to her for any amount of time, he’d sorely need a fond memory or two to get him through it.

“You bastard!” she hissed. “Why?”

Wesson chuckled and shrugged his good shoulder. “Ain’t it obvious? I could tell you didn’t really mean it about just leaving me here. You wear your heart on your sleeve, Miss Reddy. You’ve got a real special affection for yours truly, and I knew you’d appreciate the gesture.”

He raised the hand that was cuffed to hers and grinned. Now she couldn’t run, he thought. Maybe he wasn’t in fit shape to take her in at exactly that moment, but it would buy him some time while she tried to figure out how to get the cuffs off.

“Where is the key?” she asked him, visibly seething. “Give me the key.”

“I’d be delighted to,” he replied. “But I don’t happen to have it on me. However, I happen to know where you can find it.” He winced, struggling to keep up the jovial facade, but quickly replaced the grimace with his usual easy smile. “It’s in Red Wing. Down at the sheriff's office.”

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Beth was shaking she was so angry. Never in her life had anyone infuriated more. The nerve! The absolute gall! There was only one man she hated more than Wesson. Wesson was the most bothersome, aggravating person she had ever come in contact with and considering some of the men she had dealt with in the past that was an incredible feat.

Her teeth ground together as he stated the key was in Red Wing with the sheriff. Beth rolled her shoulders and took a breath to think on the predicament. She couldn’t shoot him. Dead weight was not what she needed at this moment. Her eyes fell to him as she thought over her options. Beth couldn’t help a smug smile as Wesson’ face screwed up into a mask of pain. Serves you right you self centred asshole.

The woman reached down and grasped him under his arm with her free hand. Her voice was low as she pulled him up with her. She was not gentle. Once they were both on their feet she used her free hand to feel around for her gun.

“Here is the deal. We are not going to Red Wing. I got a place to be and that ain’t it.”

Her voice was low and her tone gave him the impression she was not in the mood to joke.

“Give me my gun and whatever money you have. We are heading away from here. We will bandage that arm and I am getting these cuffs off. I am not going to let you stop me and I sure as hell am not waltzing into a sheriff’s office attached at the wrist to you.”

Beth stopped her searched and stepped in to that they were face to face. Her eyes narrowed. “I swear you give me trouble I will shoot you dead.”

Her free hand gripped the front of his shirt and she resisted the urge to punch him knowing if he went down she was going with him due to their predicament.

Beth suddenly smiled. It was a cold, cruel thing. “Tell you what, you work with me and I can get you Marcus.”

A plan was forming in her head. She needed to get to Marcus. She was one of the few in the Aces that knew where he would be. She also had a debt to settle with him and Wesson might be just the way to get her revenge.

“I can hand him to you. We call a little truce. You get Marcus and I get to go free at the end of all this. Deal?”

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:45 pm

It was amazing that in their predicament the woman cuffed to him still thought she had bargaining power. She had no gun or weapon to even threaten him with, yet she thought he’d go ahead and supply her with one just because she said so. If he’d had another gun on him, Wesson thought, he’d have shot her with it instead of handcuffing her to his good arm. He’d had to make due with what he had. Her gun was in some other man’s holster now, sold before he’d even boarded the train with Elizabeth’s unconscious body thrown over his shoulder. Wesson didn’t even know the guy’s name.

As for his own gun... His eyes slipped sideways to find the snake that had bitten him. He felt vaguely betrayed by the revolver he’d been carrying for years. In any case, it wasn’t fit for use anymore. The bullet that was now in his shoulder had smashed backward through the barrell. There wasn’t even any decorative silverwork on it to pry off and pawn.

He looked back at Elizabeth, somewhat impressed by her ego. She really thought she was calling the shots, didn’t she? She was pretty and she was tough, but she was also living in some kind of fantasy world if she thought the man who wanted her bounty was going to give her a gun and all his money so she could get away. Except, she couldn’t get away, could she?

“Give me my gun and whatever money you have. We are heading away from here. I swear you give me trouble I will shoot you dead.”

Wesson chuckled. “And if I don’t?” he asked, enjoying himself. “What’re you gonna do? Shoot me? Oh right, you don’t have a gun, do you? Maybe you’ll just get away, is that it?” He tugged on his side of the handcuff and made her arm jerk toward him. “I don’t think so.”

She helped to haul him back up to his feet, which he would have appreciated if it hadn’t seemed she was doing it with unnecessary roughness. She gave him her best cold smile and laid out her plan.

“You get Marcus and I get to go free at the end of all this,” she concluded. “Deal?”

Wesson considered her for a moment and scratched his chin, feeling the roughness of two-day stubble under his fingers. She was telling him she was ready to betray her leader and just hand him over, the man thought. If her loyalties were that thin, what was going to stop her from just leading him into a pit of vipers? Wesson didn’t fancy finding Marcus in such a precarious situation. Elizabeth Reddy would switch sides the first chance she got and put a bullet right between his eyes. She really took him for a damned idiot.

Maybe that was for the best though, he considered. She thought he was incompetent and stupid, but maybe he could use that. Not letting her see his cards might just mean he could claim the bounty on her and the leader of the Aces. He had no idea how he’d take Marcus in. He didn’t know where Marcus was hiding and he didn’t know how many men he might have with him. He’d have to think on that for a hot minute and decide if the risk was one he was willing to take. In the meantime, he’d just let little Miss Reddy think he was going along with her ‘plan’.

“I’ll tell you what, Sweetheart. You bat your eyes real pretty for me and say ‘pretty please’, and I’ll think about it. After I get this damn metal out of my arm.”

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Elizabeth was at the end of her patience with him. She pulled him closer. Their noses were practically touching.

“Do I look like the kinda girl who bats her eyes?”

Her grey-blue eyes bored into his own. Anything that even remotely resembling a shy or sweet, flirty girl had been taken out of her when she was younger after the noose had bit in and the rope broke. The once carefree girl turned hard and cutthroat. It was how she had learned to survive and it wasn’t about to change now for this bounty hunter. It had been said once that no man alive could melt the ice that was Elizabeth Reddy.

“How about you agree to the deal and I will make sure you are good and drunk before I pull the pieces out of your worthless hide?”

She didn’t wait for an answer as the sound of footsteps outside caught her attention. She released an exasperated breath.

“This little back and forth will have to wait....”

She yanked him to the other side of the train. Beth pulled the door open a little and looked out. There was no one there but it didn’t mean that the person on the other side of the car wouldn’t open that door and find the handcuffed bloody pair. She was beginning to wish he had shot her.

“Come on....”

She looked at him and indicated she was ready to hop down when he was and if he wasn’t she was going to yank him with her whether he liked it or not.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Elizabeth moved so close he could smell the scent of soap on her skin from her bath the night before, but her gaze was cool as a winter breeze. “Do I look like the kinda girl who bats her eyes?” she asked him.

Wesson smirked. “Do you really want me to tell you what I think you look like?”

The sound of men pulling doors open reached them both and the woman he was with started to get panicky. For a moment he considered just staying exactly where he was. If one of the men working at unloading the train found them handcuffed together in the boxcar, he could just show them Miss Wesson’s wanted poster. They could detain her while he got the bullet shards taken out of his shoulder, then he could finish hauling her to Red Wing.

It wasn’t a half bad idea, actually.

“How about you agree to the deal and I will make sure you are good and drunk before I pull the pieces out of your worthless hide?”

He was only half listening, still pondering his plan. “You’ll catch more flies with honey, darlin’.” She was simply charming, he thought with an inward sigh.

“This little back and forth will have to wait....” Why was she rushing him? He hadn’t made up his mind yet! Wesson gave her an annoyed look. “Come on....” she urged.

“Fine,” he muttered, and jumped down with her. They were on the side of the train now, with the train between them and the station. “Let’s find a bottle of something strong and a place you can pick this bullet out of me,” he said, none too happy. He gave her a doubtful glance. “On second thought, maybe I’ll do it myself.” She was constantly making empty threats- putting something in her hand to take out the little bits of fragmented bullets was like opening the tiger’s cage. She’d inflict as much pain as possible just for the sheer pleasure of it.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Beth looked over at him and shook her head. "Fine do it yourself. You are a pain in my ass as is if I don't have to help you than all the better for me."

She began to move away from the train. She wished to hell she knew where the hell she was and how far from her destination he had taken her. She was cross and in bad spirits. She pulled at the man to move.

"We need to find a place to get set up for the night. You aren't going far with that wound. You have lost enough blood."

Her raspy whisper took on an air of concern and what some might even call sincerity as she spoke. Beth didn't look at him though. Her eyes were searching for a place, any place that would have a room and booze.

"That wound will do bad things to you if we do not get the metal out. If you wish to do it yourself fine but you have to get it all. I don't suppose you have pulled a bullet out before?"

Beth turned and looked at him, her body bumping into him slightly as she forgot about how close they already were with their cuffed hands.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:33 pm

"We need to find a place to get set up for the night. You aren't going far with that wound. You have lost enough blood."

Wesson couldn’t have agreed more. The blood had seemed to stop flowing back in the train, but their jump down onto the ground had shaken him and started it bleeding all over again. He wasn’t going to admit it to her, but he was feeling light headed and a little weak. She wasn’t a particularly large woman, and he’d ordinarily have had an easy time taking her down hand to hand. At that particular moment however, he felt he might be bested by even a strong breeze. Even his usual good humor was starting to wane into pained irritation. Her hard disposition and cold demeanor, which he’d originally found funny and rather amusing, now only served to grate on his nerves. He’d put himself at her mercy, but he’d do everything he could not to show it.

He didn’t hear the sincerity or concern in her words. His thoughts were turned inward. That’s probably exactly what she wants, he thought with a grimace.

"That wound will do bad things to you if we do not get the metal out. If you wish to do it yourself fine but you have to get it all. I don't suppose you have pulled a bullet out before?"

Wesson’s laugh was a hard bark that sent a jolt of pain down his arm and across his chest. “Not on myself,” he replied. And never a fragmented bullet, he thought. “But how hard could it be? This is just a little scratch, that’s all. It’s not as bad as it looks.”

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Elizabeth looked at him as if he had gone mad. She frowned and looked him over. He was looking a bit waxen.

“Harder than you think....”

They walked, locked to together at the wrist. It did not take long for them to ease into the crowd on the main street.

Beth looked around. “There.”

She steered him towards a distance building. The sign outside said Wild Bronco. It was not the best looking place but it meant they people were more likely to turn a blind eye to them.

“You have some coin? Did you take what was in my saddlebags?”

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:07 pm

The Wild Bronco loomed ahead of them. Actually, it doesn’t so much loom as lean,he thought. The whole building looked a bit precarious, as did the group of men coming out of it. Wesson was conscious of people looking at the two of them- first at the copious blood trailing down his shirt, then to the handcuffs binding them together.

“Sorry,” he muttered, and forced her hand into a slightly awkward position behind her own back beneath the long jacket she wore. He hid his own braceletted wrist behind her back as well, giving the impression his arm was around her waist beneath her duster. In fact it wasn’t, as the move would have pulled her left arm into an unnatural position. “Just can’t resist you, I guess.” Handcuffs hidden, the pair would draw less attention.

“You have some coin?” asked Elizabeth. “Did you take what was in my saddlebags?”

“Yes and yes,” he told her. “But you’re gonna have to dig it out, darlin’. My money’s in my left pocket, but that arm doesn’t seem to want to cooperate.”

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Elizabeth grimaced as Wesson forced her hand behind her back. His body was pressed close to her now, giving the impression of a cuddling couple. She held back a look of contempt as she knew it wouldn't help the little ploy and the last thing she wanted was more people looking at her. She was already dealing with one bounty hunter, she had no desire to draw the attention of others.

Her arm did not take long to start protesting this new position but she ignored its complaint. She huffed slightly as he stated the money was in his pocket.

"Of course it is..."

The words came out through clenched teeth. Beth turned a little and reached across Wesson's body. Their joined hands now curled strangely behind her back made it almost impossible for her to reach him without being very close. The idea of him being in her space and she in his set Beth on edge. It was different though than the tension of the anger she felt. The woman wasn't used to being in so much physical contact with another person.

Her free hand slid across his stomach and then moved lower towards his left hip. Beth was staring at Wesson's face and as her fingers began to grope for the pocket she felt her cheeks warm slightly and the grey-blue orbs narrowed. I bet you are just loving this you jerk. Laugh it up now while you can.

Her hand slipped into the pocket, fingers finding the money he had stashed there and she extracted it so quickly one might have thought it burnt her.

"Let's go get a room and a bottle of booze then."

Beth turned her attention back to the saloon. She remained close to him, having no choice with her arm bent the way it was.

The 'couple' entered the saloon. The lighting was as minimal as they could have and yet still see. There was a table of five all playing cards and looking like they had more than their fair of drink in them. The bartender looked annoyed and rougher than any outlaw Beth had ever dealt with.

"Room, bottle of whiskey and a knife."

Her low voice was hard and she stared at the bartender. He looked them over and tossed them a key from a hook beside him. Taking his time the man put a bottle of whiskey on the counter as well and two knives joined it. "You didn't say big or little, so have both."

He went back to leaning and glaring at the room. "Room 12, second floor."

Beth scooped everything up, balancing it all the best she could after paying the man. She looked at Wesson and then to the stairs.

"Shall we?"

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Wesson let the outlaw beside him do the talking and instead let his eyes wander the room, taking a quick, cursory stock of the people in the saloon and possible points of exit. He didn’t plan on stirring up any trouble in this particular saloon, but it was an old habit that had become second nature.

Elizabeth was doing an admirable job balancing the two knives, the bottle of whiskey, and the room key in one hand, but as they ascended the stairs he reached across her and grabbed the key. The movement of his arm made him wince in pain but he managed to hold back the profanity that threatened to burst from his lips.

They made it to the second floor in one piece, more or less, and he glanced at the numbers on the doors. The room right in front of them seemed to be occupied; there was a great deal of moaning coming from within, accompanied- almost in harmony- by the sound of a creaking bed. Wesson raised his eyebrows and turned his head to glance at Elizabeth. “Don’t go getting any ideas now,” he teased. “Just ‘cuz you’re getting me drunk and getting a room with me doesn’t mean I’ll let you have your way.”

The idea of Elizabeth Reddy involved in any type of amors was almost impossible for him to fathom. Frigid, he decided. Definitely frigid. It appeared that room twelve was down the left side of the hall, and they found it about halfway down. Wesson unlocked the door and pushed it open with his foot. The door swung open, revealing what appeared to be a rather shabby brothel room, or maybe just a room that had once been decorated by a whore. The drapes were heavy, mauve and made of velvet. The four post bed had a salmon canopy edged with tassels. The linens on the bed were high-grade pink damask, but they were moth eaten and worn thin in spots.

“Well, it’s not home...” he commented dryly.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Beth tensed as Wesson reached for the key. Their predicament meant that everything was close and personal. It just made her feel so much on edge. The pain it caused him to reach for the key did not go unnoticed however.

The blood drained from her face momentarily as Wesson teased about getting him drunk and having her way with him. The statement was punctuated by the sound of a creaking bed and moans of enjoyment. The grey-blue orbs narrowed and simply shot a look of distaste at him.

I wouldn’t let you touch me with a ten foot pole you annoying, frustratingly pompous ass.

The door to their room was opened and they stood in the doorway for a moment taking in the worn gaudiness of it. Beth said nothing but she did look over at Wesson. “I don’t know what you mean...your home doesn’t look like this?”

Beth smiled, an honest smile. She was exhausted and frankly in that moment the whole thing was ludicrous. She was handcuffed to a bounty hunter who had shot himself with his own gun after taking her from her bath, after he had drugged her with something.

The woman began to laugh. It was a light sound as she tried to wrap her head around the situation.

“Come on. Let’s put this stuff down and figure out how the hell we are going to manage taking you out of your shirt and the metal from your arm considering our pretty jewelry.”

Beth gestured with her chin towards the rooms interiour. This is just fantastic. I can’t even take my jacket off...he has no free hand to dig the metal out. It’s like we are handicapped conjoined twins. Her eyes moved to the bounty hunter. You didn’t think it through at all when you slapped the cuffs on did you? Just didn’t want your paycheck getting away.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:14 pm

The key slipped into his pocket as Elizabeth quickly assessed the room.

“I don’t know what you mean...your home doesn’t look like this?” she asked. It was the closest he’d ever heard her come to a joke, and he didn’t anticipate getting much more out of her.

“How’d you know my mama was a whore?” he asked. His shoulder was a throbbing reminder that there were more important things to deal with. Whether he liked it or not, his surgery was about to become a team effort. He eyed the outlaw beside him warily and wondered exactly how ruthless she could be. He’d heard people say she was about as bad as they came. Would she take that knife and put through him? Maybe she just wanted to get him up into a room so she could kill him then cut off his hand, setting her free. Wesson swallowed hard.

“I think I need some of that whiskey now,” he muttered. When he looked at her, she was smiling. It wasn’t the first time she’d smiled, but all her others had held dark promises cradled within them. The only smiles he’d seen from her were cold, cruel smiles that twisted her pretty face into something altogether unappealing. This one was different. It seemed more carefree. It was uncalculated, almost but not quite warm. It changed her face from pretty to beautiful. Wesson sucked in a quick breath.

“Come on. Let’s put this stuff down and figure out how the hell we are going to manage taking you out of your shirt and the metal from your arm considering our pretty jewelry.”

The room was sparse and somewhat lacking in furnishings, aside from the monstrous bed and the two little tables tucked on either side of it. There was no table for him to try and work at, no chair to pull up to the window for better light. Considering the rest of the decor, he was surprised to not find a mirror on one of the walls. He’d have to try and dig the bullet shards out by looking down at his own shoulder. The conditions seemed to be getting worse and worse.

The only place to put their things was the bed. He eyed the two knives warily, then grabbed for the bottle with his good hand, jerking Elizabeth’s along with it, and pried out the cork with his teeth in a quick, almost desperate move. It was time to get good and drunk, he decided. If Elizabeth Reddy was going to murder him, he at least wanted to be somewhat- if not, fully- sedated. He took a long pull and winced at the hotness of the harsh, strong liquor as it went down in an anxious gulp, but the second went down smoother.

He dragged Elizabeth to the side of the bed so he could put the open bottle on the side table, then sat on the edge of the mattress and started unbuttoning his shirt one-handedly. It was an awkward, slow process that only elicited further frustration from the bounty hunter. Two buttons were undone and he made a sound of disgust, then reached for the bottle again.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Beth frowned as he joked back. It didn’t set her teeth on edge and she began to worry about her sanity.

The joined pair moved to the bed and she sighed as Wesson grabbed the whiskey, taking her hand with it. He took a deep drink. They moved to the bed though Beth would have preferred he say something before he set about simply take her this way and that she said nothing. He had bigger things on his mind and she actually felt a little sympathy for what was about to happen.

Beth stood there and watched as Wesson tried to get his shirt undone. It was painfully awkward to watch. When he paused to take another drink Beth shook her head.

“Do you have that much blasted pride that you won’t ask for help? How exactly do you think you are gonna pull this off with only one hand and me attached to it?”

She didn’t wait for an answer but immediately began to unbutton Wesson’s shirt. Her face was close to his as her fingers deftly undid the remaining buttons. His shirt fell open.

“If I wanted to kill you I’d have jumped you the moment we entered the room. Deal is a deal. I will take you to Marcus. You get him and I get to go free. If I kill you, you can’t take him in.”

Beth raised her eyes from his now exposed chest to his face. Her voice was low but calm with sincerity behind it.

“I’ve done this before, dug a bullet out of a man I mean. Take another drink, this is going to fucking hurt like hell.”

Beth reached for the smaller of the knives.

“I wish I had something for you to bite down on. See if you can’t recline a little then take a drink, give me the bottle and look away.”

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Elizabeth seemed to have read his mind. She assured him that murder wasn’t in his near future, but he still felt a little on edge. Having the word of an outlaw didn’t exactly ease his mind. Still, if she was going to do something he was mostly powerless to stop it. She had the upper hand in this situation, plain and simple.

“Do you have that much blasted pride that you won’t ask for help? How exactly do you think you are gonna pull this off with only one hand and me attached to it?” There was irritation in her tone, and as he was reaching for the bottle she jerked his hand back with her side of the handcuffs. She deftly began to unbutton his shirt. He looked down at her as she neared the bottom of his shirt and swallowed against the lump in his throat. He couldn’t help it! Her fingers had been brushing his chest and she was getting steadily lower to a very favorite place of his, and never one to hide, he could feel his member beginning to harden and rise to the occasion.

Elizabeth was quick and so focused on her task that she didn’t seem to notice. Wesson gave a silent sigh of relief. “Couldn’t wait to take my clothes off me, could you?” he asked, but his voice was strained. If she sees that, she may well change her mind and kill me after all.

“I’ve done this before, dug a bullet out of a man I mean. Take another drink, this is going to fucking hurt like hell.”

He wasn’t sure whether to be comforted by the fact that she had experience, but he followed her orders and took a long, burning drink. His shirt was spread open and the sleeve pulled out of the way on his left side. The whiskey was dulling the pain, but it was also causing him to lose focus. Though he was usually jovial and came across as light hearted and sometimes oblivious, in truth he liked to be on top of a situation. He’d completely lost control of this one- everything was in Elizabeth Reddy’s hands.

“I wish I had something for you to bite down on. See if you can’t recline a little then take a drink, give me the bottle and look away.”

Wesson leaned back and handed her the bottle. “Alright, let’s get it over with.”

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Beth took the bottle from him.

“Yeah I just could wait to see you without a shirt. I mean you saw me without my clothes seems only fair I get to do the same don’t you think?”

She wanted to keep him talking, keep him distracted. Wesson leaned back and Beth froze for a moment as she looked him over. Her eyes darted away. How can he be aroused at a time like this? Her cheeks grew warm. Get a grip, this is no time for girlish embarrassment. Still Beth felt odd about the fact that he was obviously reacting to something. She told herself it was just his body reacting to the pain but all the times she had helped pull a bullet from someone that was not a normal reaction.

Beth tried to ignore it and focus on the task at hand. She moved his shirt, pulling it fully off of his shoulder as much as she could. She raised the bottle of whiskey.

“Deep breath now.”

She poured the whiskey over his shoulder. Beth winced. She knew it was going to sting like a son of a bitch but it was the best thing she had to clean him down. She handed Wesson back the bottle.

“Drink a bit more and tell me something about the people you’ve brought in.”

Her free hand, the one that held the knife was poised over his shoulder. She could see the speckled wounds where the metal had shot back at him.

This is gonna take a while.

Her eyes focused on the first wound and she poised the knife on the edge waiting for him to start talking so she could start extracting the metal.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 pm

The bottle was taken from his hands. “Yeah I just could wait to see you without a shirt. I mean you saw me without my clothes seems only fair I get to do the same don’t you think?”

“Tit for tat,” he agreed, voice hoarse. She warned him to take a deep breath, but it didn’t prepare him for the stinging pain that seemed to shoot through every nerve in his body. “Son of a bitch!” he yelped, jerking away from her though it was too late. The bottle was passed back into his hands and he took it gratefully, gulping as the burning began to slowly recede. If she was looking for payback for being drugged and dragged out of a saloon naked, she was well on her way.

“Drink a bit more and tell me something about the people you’ve brought in.” she told him.

Wesson took the bottle away from his lips and passed it awkwardly into his left hand, which it hurt to move, but it meant Elizabeth could move her hands mostly freely without him inadvertently pouring more whiskey on himself. “Looking for trade secrets?” he asked, trying for humor. It fell flat. He let his head roll back and sighed, closing his eyes. He didn’t want to talk about men he’d dragged in to the woman he was planning to drag in. Though it was her plan for him to take down Marcus instead, it was his plan to claim the bounty on both.

“Why’d they try to hang you?” he asked. She was leaning over him and the neck of her shirt was gaping open slightly, revealing the scars on her neck. The whiskey was running hot and free in his veins. It was the first thing that had popped into his head, and with what little mental filter he had removed, it had escaped his lips without a second thought.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!