The Long Ride

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: The Long Ride

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Beth didn’t look at him as he asked why they tried to hang her. She kept her eyes on his wounds. The first two had been easy, metal close to the surface. The next proved to be deeper and she slid the knife point in until it hit the small hunk of twisted metal. She began to work it out of the hole.

She didn’t want to tell him but it would keep him distracted so as she moved on to the next wound she spoke.

“I was young, a girl. The Aces did it. They were just a young gang at the time. Newly formed you know. My older brother....”

She dug into a new wound. She was careful to be as gentle as she could.

“He owed Marcus money. A lot of money and Marcus made a point. They came into our home and shot everyone except my brother and I. They found me hiding in my room. Carried me out and put a noose around my neck. They made my brother watch as they strung me up and kicked a box out from under my feet. Next thing I knew I was on the ground.”

Beth turned her attention to another hole and this one again had the bullet piece close to the surface. He had been lucky all thing said and done.

“Rope broke.”

Beth tried to sound impartial though an anger burned behind her words.

“Marcus didn’t let them shoot me. Shot my brother in front of me and took me with them. Marcus told me I wasn’t meant to die that night and took me with him. He raised me.”

There were only a few more to go. The next one seemed really deep. Beth turned her head and looked at Wesson. “Take a nice big drink for me. This one is pretty far in there.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Wesson gritted his teeth against the pain, glad for the liquor. To his surprise, Elizabeth seemed to be moving as quickly and gently as possible, not digging the knife into him for the fun of it or drawing out the process so she could seek revenge. He tried to focus on her words instead of the knife point that widened the holes in his flesh through which the shards of fragmented bullet had flown. He closed his eyes and clenched his right hand into a tight fist. He could feel his short nails digging into his palm.

“Marcus didn’t let them shoot me,” the woman concluded. “Shot my brother in front of me and took me with them. Marcus told me I wasn’t meant to die that night and took me with him. He raised me.”

Wesson felt a chill pass through him, oddly disturbed by her story and how calmly she was able to tell it. She was matter of fact, he thought. No, detached. He felt his curiosity become piqued, but with it was an uncomfortable knot in his stomach.

“Take a nice big drink for me. This one is pretty far in there.”

Wesson didn’t think he could move his left arm to bring the bottle to his lips. He was bleeding freshly once more and everything felt too raw. He reached across him with his right hand- the one connected to Elizabeth’s left- toward the bottle. It pulled her close for a moment, bringing her only inches away. The moment was extraordinarily brief, but it caused something inside of him to lurch uncomfortably. He drank deeply, then handed her the bottle.

“So Marcus killed your entire family and almost killed you,” he surmised. “Why do you work for him?”

If one man had single handedly done all that to him, he’d have done everything in his power to return the favor. But Elizabeth Reddy had teamed up with him. Hell, she was apparently his right hand man- in a manner of speaking, of course. He felt almost angry. Wesson was indignant. “Don’t you care what he did to your family? To you? Damn, Elizabeth, you’ve been following this man’s orders! Doing terrible things for him! Doesn’t that strike you as wrong?”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:03 pm

He reached for the bottle with his right hand, pulling her close in the process. Beth felt her breath catch in her throat. She could feel his breath on her face. Her stomach tightened. She frowned slightly as he took the drink and then handed her the bottle.

She went back to his wounds and ignored their odd sudden connection. Beth slid the knife in. As she suspected this piece was deep, deeper than the rest. She bit her lower lip and narrowed her eyes as she tried to gently dig it out.

His question caught her off guard both in its being asked and the intensity behind it. One final push in and she managed to loosen the metal from its fleshy home. It came out and Beth sighed and gave them both a break for a moment.

“I work for him because he raised me, taught me everything I know. I am the best shot around. Bet your little wanted poster didn’t tell you that now did it?”

Beth’s eyes turned to focus on him rather than the fresh blood that trickled on his arm.

“He taught me that and I am better at it than he is. He taught me to take care of myself and never let a man walk over me. Do not mistake me Wesson. I care. You know the expression biding your time? Marcus’ time will come and I will be the one to choose when it does. Me. He won’t see it coming because he trusts me, raised me like his own. But I haven’t forgotten what they did, what he did.”

She looked away now, unable to look him in the eyes at that moment.

“I have done a lot of things. I have done things that many men could never stomach doing but I am no longer some scared little girl about to be strung up by her neck. I am looking out for me and if I have to shoot a few men to do that, so be it. Men do far worse for far stupider reasons.”

Beth worked out the last few pieces of metal.

“Don’t lecture me about right and wrong. I have done what I had to to survive. I was a child, a child when they tried to kill me and I have learned the only person I have to answer to for the things I have done is to myself. If I can sleep at night well...who are you to judge.”

She would never admit that there were times when things came back to haunt her. She tried to be cut off and cold but did not always succeed.

“You’re done. Bleeding like a stuck pig but with less metal in you than when you walked in here.”

Her voice was low and she kept her eyes on everything but Wesson’s face. She had never told anyone the things she told him. Many knew that she had been with Marcus since she was a teenager but very few knew that she had been a child that he had been ready to kill her.
Last edited by SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Though she kept her tone controlled and acted indifferent, Wesson could tell he’d struck a nerve. Unfortunately he was too drunk to analyze what she’d said, and the pain had finally ended. His eyes were bleary and it was difficult to focus them on anything, no doubt the combination of excess liquor and excess blood loss.

“You’re done. Bleeding like a stuck pig but with less metal in you than when you walked in here.”

Wesson closed his eyes and let his head fall back against the bed, smiling. “And you didn’t kill me,” he noted, slightly surprised she’d gotten the broken bullet out so humanely. He’d expected acts of torture from the woman and received only genuine care and effort. He wasn’t sure what to think of Elizabeth Reddy anymore. She no longer seemed to fit his initial judgement of her. “I think you must like me after all, Miss Reddy.”

In a tiny corner of his brain, he knew he’d be dissecting their conversation once he sobered up, and would probably wish he remembered more of it. At that moment however, Wesson didn’t care if Elizabeth had a clear conscience or not. “I owe you one,” he told her, not happy for it. He hated to be indebted to people, particularly people like Elizabeth Reddy who were likely to exploit such a fact.

With effort, he managed to open his eyes and somewhat focus them on the tanned face in front of him. Her grey-blue eyes, ringed by a shade that was darker and more vibrant, gave her a slightly exotic cast to her features. She didn’t look quite like anyone he’d ever met, he decided. She was certainly one of the prettiest women he’d ever seen, even though she hid it behind a rough exterior and loose fitting, masculine clothing. He’d seen her naked already and knew that beneath the billowy duster she wore was an extremely womanly body. It had taken every bit of willpower in him not to let his hands roam her body as he’d redressed her. Now, drunk and stupid, Wesson wished he had.

It was clear she despised him, despite her incredible job removing the shards of metal from his shoulder. Perhaps she hated all men, he considered. Maybe she likes women... A sudden image of her in the bathtub with another woman entered his mind and he couldn’t help the smirk that crossed his lips. If only.

In response to the incredibly vivid fantasy being enacted in his mind’s eye, he had reawoken below the belt, but was too inebriated to care. The man was able to control himself fairly well around women, but that was one thing he had no control over.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Beth watched him close his eyes. His breathing seemed a bit harder, slightly more laboured but he seemed more relaxed overall.

She rolled her eyes just a little as he stated that she hadn’t killed him and that me must like him.

Beth cleaned him up the best she could. She frowned a little. I need to climb over him if I am to sleep....

Now she took a deep drink of the whiskey. She hadn’t wanted to earlier, her head needed to be clear to dig out the bullet. The bottle went to the table and she adjusted, one knee on the bed.

“I am gonna climb over you so we can sleep.”

Her body shifted and she was straddling him. Beth was close, she had not choice. As she moved over him she frowned. Wesson was aroused again and Beth realized she was in a very intimate position.

“I just need to get over you...”

Her voice was low and throaty as she tried to ignore his body’s reaction.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:08 pm

His eyes drifted sideways to the amber-beige walls. Wesson thought they might be wallpapered with some kind of little dusty rose print, but he wasn’t quite sure. He squinted, then gave up. He heard the sound of the liquid in the whiskey bottle shifting as it was flipped over and the short glug, glug as the air found its way back up. He looked back over at Elizabeth was she was taking it away from her pink lips.

“I am gonna climb over you so we can sleep,” he heard her say, and nodded absently. His eyes were trailing over her in a manner that was far less discreet than usual, trying to remember her body when she’d been wet from the tub, her skin still warm from the hot water and scented with a soft perfume.

Her leg slid over him, grazing across him in a way that made him shudder. The soft insides of her thighs were on either side of his hips and she was seated firmly atop his aching arousal.

“I just need to get over you...” she murmured, her voice lower than usual. To his intoxicated senses, Elizabeth sounded almost inviting. With his good hand he reached up and grabbed her wrist. It was a redundant gesture, since the hands were already bound together by the biting metal handcuffs, but Wesson sought to still her.

“Why’s that, darlin’?” he asked, leaning up a little. “I like you right where you are.”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:21 pm

His hand was on her wrist. She looked down at him. He was leaning towards her and Beth panicked.

She wasn’t used to such personal contact, she wasn’t used to men being near her. They were afraid and intimidated by her not...not this...

“Wesson, you are drunk.”

Her voice was just a whisper. Her body was still perched over him. Beth sat across his lap as she focused on his grip on her wrist.

“You’ve lost a lot of blood and don’t know what you are saying...”

He was the first man to come on to her like this. Her heart was pounding and Beth was having trouble breathing.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Elizabeth was acting more like a scared girl than an indignant woman, which struck him as a little odd. Surely she was used to such advances, he thought. She was such a pretty thing that Wesson was sure she’d just rebuff him and laugh, or maybe slap him, or maybe grab for the knife she’d used to dig out the bullet and push it a little deeper. Instead, she stayed where she was, looking wide eyed and oddly innocent.

“Wesson, you are drunk.” Her voice was nothing more than a whisper. Her eyes were locked on the hand wrapped around her wrist. His eyes were on her face, then her throat. He took in the scars around her neck, then the tiny v-shaped space where her shirt gaped open, revealing delicate collar bones.

“Maybe a little,” he conceded, and pulled her closer.

“You’ve lost a lot of blood and don’t know what you are saying...”

“Nah.” He shook his head and smiled, the pain he’d felt before all but gone. “Lizzy- Do you mind if I call you Lizzy? I think one of us is just too sober, that’s all.” Reflexively he moved beneath her, lifting his hips to slide his arousal against her, thoroughly enjoying the delicious friction.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:47 pm

Wesson pulled her closer. Beth tensed. He called her Lizzy and Beth cringed. “Liz...Beth...not Lizzy....”

Beth’s eyes went wide as Wesson moved beneath her and she could feel quite clearly how ‘interested’ he was. She wanted to pull her hand away but the handcuffs made it impossible.

“Wesson you are supposed to be afraid of me not turned on. You should sleep. You’ll regret the black eye I am about to give you otherwise.”

She tried to sound intimidating and angry but it lacked the bite she normally had. It was that bite and her reputation that kept men away. Marcus helped that as well, making it clear that the Aces were to keep their hands to themselves when it came to Elizabeth. She was one of them. one of the guys. She often wondered if it was part of his cruelty.

Beth’s face was full of confusion and nervousness though she tried hard to look annoyed.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:57 pm

“Wesson you are supposed to be afraid of me not turned on.”

The bounty hunter smiled innocently. “It can’t be both?”

“You should sleep. You’ll regret the black eye I am about to give you otherwise.”

He was aware that she hadn’t tried to get away from him or move out of her position straddling him. The pair was pressed intimately together. Wesson could feel his member straining against the restriction of his pants.

She was close enough now that he could have leaned up and kissed her. Instead, he carefully propped himself up on the elbow of his good side and admired her from up close. “Sleep?” he repeated, and leaned closer, his lips next to her ear. “You’re right. We should ‘sleep’.” He caught her earlobe between his teeth and traced the edge with his warm tongue.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:08 am

Beth raised her hand but it dropped to her side as Wesson leaned in and caught her earlobe in her teeth. She shivered against him as his tongue touched the skin there and traced the shape of her ear.

The gunslinger moaned softly and despite herself moved against him. Her hips pushed forward just a little. Get off his lap!

Her breath was ragged. Elizabeth licked her lips. “Wesson....”

Beth didn’t want to push on his bad shoulder but she placed her free hand in the middle of his chest and shifted her weight so she could slide slowly from his lap. “You will not be happy with yourself in the morning. Don’t lower yourself to the likes of me, you'll wake up with a headache and regretting it.”

She moved slowly, attempting not to jostle him too much and cause more pain to his shoulder though she doubted he was feeling it at the moment. Beth leaned forward, her breasts pushing against him so she could slip her leg over his hips. It was awkward and she felt as if her balance was very unstable.

She tried to smile though the whole situation disarmed her of her normal cold exteriour. "Nice and all but can't have you getting all touchy with the criminal now can we?"

Beth tried to put sarcasm behind her tone even if it was just a feeble attempt. Anything to hide the fact that she was not as strong or cut off as she liked to put on.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Elizabeth disengaged the situation. She put her hand on his chest and pushed him back, then slid off of his lap. Wesson’s smile faded, but he still felt oddly pleased with himself. She hadn’t given him a black eye, after all, nor has she put the sharp end of a knife through his chest. In his eyes, that made the night downright successful.

“That’s too bad, Miss Reddy.” He let his eyes fall shut and adjusted his body so that his head found the pillow. He pried his boots off with his toes and kicked them off the edge of the bed, where they met the floor with twin, muffled ‘ka-thunk’s. “I was enjoying myself. Why, I think that was even nicer than finding you in the bathtub last night.”

He smirked, remembering the sight quite vividly. “Ma’am, you really are just about the loveliest bandit I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting, and a damn good surgeon besides.”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Elizabeth adjusted as much as she could, attempting to get comfortable so she could sleep. It was going to be difficult due to their connected wrists and also because she was acutely aware that there was another body in the same bed as her.

She frowned at the sound of his boots hitting the floor and tried to pull her coat around herself more. Her own boots stayed on. Not like he can undress you.

And as she had that particular thought Wesson reminded her that he had found her attempting to climb out of the tub. He has already seen you without your clothes...

Anger began to well and she wished she had been a little rougher with him as she pulled the bullet from him. How had she forgotten that he had drugged her, found her naked, dressed her, took a piece of her clothing (she was very aware at the lack of the intimate garment but there had not been time yet to address that issue)?

Beth was embarrassed and angry. Then he went and called her lovely. Her head whipped to look at him. He was mocking her. Wesson was smirking. It felt worse than the earlier teasing he had done. He had been erect and rubbing against her, nibbling her ear and yet it was all to make her look a fool.

Her teeth clenched. “Go to sleep.”

Beth knew she wasn’t pretty. Knew she wasn’t like other women. Marcus had always told her he was lucky he found her. She was sharp, a great shot and he would never have to worry about some man sweeping her off her feet. ”Men bed whores, marry farm girls. You are neither and all the better for it.” Marcus had told her that when she was only 11. He reminded her often that she had a power no pretty girl could have. She had brains and an ability to see things through. She never let her emotions rule her. She was better than all that.

Beth laid on her back and stared at the ceiling. I don’t fall for cheap compliments Wesson and I sure as hell won’t let you touch me again. It made her angrier that she had enjoyed it. That he had been able to elicit a response from her that was not impassiveness.

She tried to relax. She wished she had taken another drink. Instead she stared up into the dim room until she finally fell asleep.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Wesson rolled onto his side, getting comfortable in the bed next to her. The combination of whiskey and blood loss had combined to make him groggy and tired, and he could feel his breaths become slower and more even as the tension left his body. The same didn’t seem to be true of Miss Reddy, who seemed tense beside him. Wesson knew he’d invaded not only her personal space, but also the wide boundary she put up around herself to keep most people out. She was easy to fluster and easy to anger though- he didn’t take it as any sort of indication he’d really crossed a line, just because he’d nipped her ear and flirted a little.

“Go to sleep,” Elizabeth told him tightly. Wesson was already halfway there.

“G’night, darlin’.”

He tucked his chin close to his chest and fell asleep.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Morning came and Beth was in a sour mood. She couldn’t get up without waking the man beside her, she couldn’t adjust to get more comfortable and the only thing was capable of doing is moving closer to him. Beth laid on her back just as stiff and tense as she had been the night before.

Wesson was asleep and from what Beth could tell it looked to be deep and restful. Beth exhaled and then winced in pain. Her thigh had cramped up to the point where tears were forming in her eyes and she bit her lip hard to keep from making any noise.

It was the kind of cramp you get from keeping your muscle in the same place and tense for too long. Beth cursed her luck and rolled toward Wesson while her free hand moved to rub the knotted muscle.

“God damn it..” The woman whispered through clenched teeth.

She knew she might wake him, knew he would open his eyes to find her face right near his and her whole body facing him but the pain was so bad she had to do something. Her hand worked at rubbing the muscle while she whispered curses.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:44 pm

The bed shifted beneath him, rousing the man from the dwindling hold of sleep. His eyes blinked open tiredly and he moaned as a shaft of light from the window fell into his eyes. His head throbbed, the after effects of the previous day, particularly the excessive whiskey he’d drunk on a mostly empty stomach. He felt about ready to empty it some more; it was rolling uncomfortable, punctuated by tightening spasms in his gut.

“God damn it..”

Elizabeth was already awake, her angry whisper drawing his eyes slightly downward toward her face. She’d rolled toward him, and constrained by the metal bracelets linking their arms, she was forced to be quite close. She was looking down and he could see that she was moving her arm, but he couldn’t see what she was doing- his line of sight was cut off by the top of her head.

“Mornin’, sweetheart,” he said, voice rough. He cleared his throat, trying to dispel the grittiness he felt. The sound of his own voice made his head ring. He lowered it to barely more than a whisper. “Got an itch?”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:53 pm

"Fucking...stupid...fucking..."

She was muttering to herself when he spoke to her. Beth looked up glaring daggers at him.

"Cramp...in my thigh...can't move..."

She was breathing hard through her teeth as she willed the muscle to relax and for Wesson to die a painful death for putting her in a situation that caused this.

There were tears in her ears. The pain was not subsiding the way it should be. Beth pressed harder on her thigh.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:19 pm

Elizabeth looked up and there was fire in her grey-blue eyes. He raised his eyebrows, taken aback by the hatred he saw there. What exactly had he done to deserve that? He’d just woken up, for crying out loud. How’d he manage to piss her off already? She was cursing, spitting mad, and rubbing furiously at her leg.

"Cramp...in my thigh...can't move..."

Wesson blew a sigh out between his lips. “Look, roll onto your back,” he told her. “Maybe I can massage it out for you.”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:25 pm

She was breathing hard. Her leg was still tight and tense. With great effort she rolled to her back. Her whole leg ached now. She had never had a cramp last this long. Clearly she had slept wrong and had been in a bad position.

Beth clenched her teeth and her eyes were squeezed shut. She started to pant a little.

"Whatever you can do...just the pain...."

She tried to straighten her leg slowly but that seemed to make it worse momentarily. "God what the fuck...." A string of curses followed.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Wesson sat up and turned his body toward the woman beside him. She was breathing heavy, panting a little, and if hadn’t known she was in pain he might have found the whole thing kind of sexy. As it was, he knew the cramp in her leg was causing her no small amount of agony. He’d woken in the night with cramps in his calves before, so he knew somewhat what she was going through. Elizabeth certainly wasn’t having a picnic.

She laid back and tried to straighten her leg, but it seemed to hurt her more that way. Wesson got onto his knees and leaned toward her, his hands sliding onto the top of her thigh. The muscles he felt were unbelievably taut. Her muscles are wound as tight as she is. He rubbed with the heels of both palms, up and down, trying to warm the muscle, then used his thumbs to work a little deeper.

Her legs were sinewy and strong, but they were long and femininely shaped. As he rubbed her thigh, he couldn’t help but follow the line of her leg to where they widened into womanly hips. Even her masculine clothing couldn’t completely hide the sensual, feminine form waiting beneath. “That helping at all?” he asked.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!