The Long Ride

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: The Long Ride

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:06 pm

He was moving beside her and then there were hands on her thigh. She ignored the fact that he was touching her. At this point Beth didn't care. She had never had a cramp that lasted this long before. Her hand gripped the bedding and her other was drawn across her body as Wesson began to knead her thigh.

It hurt, the pressure of his hands but at the same time it felt better.

Beth nodded and said nothing. Her eyes were still shut tight.

It took a bit of time but the muscle began to relax under his minstrations. Beth's leg slowly relaxed and her breathing slowed.

Her lips were parted as she took a few more deep breathes and Beth opened her eyes to look at Wesson.

"Thank you."

Her voice was nothing more than a low whisper. She became aware that he was perched over her, his hands were on her thigh and the contact was bordered on intimate.

Beth stared up at him. What do you say to someone with their hands on your leg?

"How is your arm?"

It was the best she could think of but it came out somewhat halting and throaty.

Her leg was spasming slightly but the pain was subsiding.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:23 pm

The tight sinuous muscle of her thigh began slowly to relax and he felt as it went from taut and hard to much more pliable. He rubbed the leg with one hand, more lightly, sure that it must ache. Elizabeth’s breathing slowed and she opened her eyes to look at him.

"Thank you."

Wesson nodded. “Any time, Miss Reddy. I can’t resist a damsel in distress.” He grinned warmly at her, glad she wasn’t giving him such a hateful look anymore.

"How is your arm?"

Wesson sat back on his heels and gingerly pulled back his shirt to have a look. He’d fallen asleep with it unbuttoned and still slightly bleeding, and the blood had dried in a way that made his shirt stick to his wound. He pulled it away carefully with a wince. It only bled a little after having the fabric pulled away, and it didn’t look too bad, all things considered. “It’s a little sore,” he admitting, moving his left arm experimentally to test his range of motion. “But I’ll live.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Beth swallowed though her mouth was dry. Wesson pulled away his shirt, revealing his chest and shoulder.

"It looks better than yesterday. We should wash you up though...."

The thought of helping him wash the blood off, her hands on his skin made a flush appear on her cheeks.

Her breathing was deeper though not laboured. Beth licked her lips.

"Cleaning up might do us both some good. You sure you don't have those keys on you?"

Her voice was still low and throaty.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Elizabeth’s cheeks had become flushed and she looked flustered. Wesson appraised her curiously, then grinned. Was she embarrassed by the sight of him bare chested? She’d seen it the night before when she’d been digging metal out of his flesh with the tip of the knife and she’d seemed unperturbed then, but she most definitely seemed flustered now. Wesson felt his enjoyment of the situation suddenly rise. So, Elizabeth Reddy, the baddest of the bad, is shy. Who’d have thought?

"It looks better than yesterday. We should wash you up though...."

Wesson nodded in agreement. She’d poured half a bottle of whiskey on him last night and he could feel the residue on his skin. He no doubt smelled like a drunk.

"Cleaning up might do us both some good. You sure you don't have those keys on you?"

Wesson chuckled. “Darlin’, if I had the key don’t you think I’d have uncuffed us last night when the knives came out?”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Something about his chuckle and his voice as he called her 'darlin' made Beth blush more.

She pushed herself up as best she could on one elbow. Her legs parted a bit more as she moved. Beth paused and stared at Wesson. Come on he was teasing you. This isn't a thing.

With a new resolve Beth sat up more and suddenly she was much closer to him. She did her best not to appear flustered by the closeness. She could smell the stale whiskey on him and it wasn't a terrible scent on him. Her eyes moved to his shoulder. Beth sat up fully and her free hand went to his shirt, holding it away from the wounds as she looked the holes over.

She nodded. "Right, well...I want to try and pop these cuffs..."

Her eyes moved up to meet his face. "Objections?"

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 pm

She got onto her knees, and as she did it pulled him slightly toward her. He had to catch himself with his other hand to keep himself from falling forward onto the mattress. Being handcuffed to the lovely Miss Reddy was proving to be an interesting challenge.

"Right, well...I want to try and pop these cuffs..." Her eyes slid upward from the shoulder she’d been inspecting to his face. "Objections?"

“Yes,” he told her, voice low and firm. “I’ve had you try to escape on me once already and it didn’t end well for me,” he said, nodding his chin toward his bleeding, shot-riddled shoulder. “What makes you think I’m just going to let you break the handcuffs and be on your merry way?”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Beth’s eyes narrowed.

“We had a deal. I get you Marcus and I go free. I get out of these cuffs and we have more movement and we aren’t yanking on each other. I am not going anywhere. Deal is a deal and you have my word.”

Beth put her hand out towards him and due to their closeness it went to his chest. She wanted him to shake on it but instead now put them in skin to skin contact.

She hesitated just a moment before pulling it away from him. “Shake on it, we have a deal right? I tried to get away before but now I am offering you a deal. I get you to him. You get to do with him what you want but he goes down and I get away.”

Beth's voice was a whisper by the end. "My terms, my revenge. He won't know it is coming."

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Beth gave him a look of narrow eyed contempt.

“We had a deal. I get you Marcus and I go free.”

“Right,” he agreed. “You get me Marcus, and you go free. I don’t have Marcus, do I? And forgive me ma’am for not holding the word of an outlaw with the utmost respect but...” He gave her a plain look. “I trust you about as far as I can throw you. And that’s with the cuffs on.”

She put her hand on his chest, but quickly pulled it away.

“Shake on it, we have a deal right? I tried to get away before but now I am offering you a deal. I get you to him. You get to do with him what you want but he goes down and I get away.”

“We already have a deal, sweetheart, so I don’t need to shake on anything, and I’m not about to go changing the terms now because these current arrangements don’t suit you.”

"My terms, my revenge. He won't know it is coming."

Wesson shook his head, then slid off the bed and yanked her after him, pulling her close. He gazed down at her with a hard, steely look in his eyes. “I don’t care about your terms or your revenge, Miss Reddy. You know what I care about? Getting that bounty. And frankly, I don’t give a damn if it’s yours or if it’s your boss’s.”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Beth sneered as he told her he was not shaking on it and that he was not agreeing to letting her pop the cuffs off. He slipped off the bed, taking her with him.

Beth found herself almost pressed fully against him and she tensed. You bastard...

"I am not going in. And right now I am wishing I had made it hurt more last night when I dug the bullet from your shoulder. You are a jack ass."

Beth was angry. Her word had meant something, her threats and her promises went unbroken and so far nothing she has said to him mattered. He wasn't afraid of her, wasn't intimidated and every threat she had made went without follow through.

She was beyond angry at herself. "Fine. Keep me locked to you."

She stepped away as much as the handcuffs would allow. Wesson did not seem to care about personal space and that bothered her.

"We should get some water and wash your shoulder or not. I don't care."

She sounded pouty and Beth realized it too late. She almost crossed her arms as if to emphasize her lack of caring. The realization that she was behaving like a child or worse, like a woman made her angry.

Beth rolled her eyes and fixed her coat, doing her best to ignore him.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:56 pm

"Fine. Keep me locked to you."

Elizabeth let the anger slip into her words. He let go of her, but smiled, trying to lighten the mood. “I kind of like it. Never been handcuffed to a pretty woman before. I have to say, it’s kinda nice in its own way.”

Beth stepped away, getting as far from him as she could. "We should get some water and wash your shoulder or not. I don't care."

She was turned away from him and missed the look of amusement that flitted across his face. “Alright then. Let’s see if we can’t find the washroom in this place.” He smirked, remembering the last time he’d found a washroom in a saloon. She’d been in it, much to his immense enjoyment. Maybe he could convince her to give it another try.

He led her toward the door to the room, trying not to drag her around by her cuff, and went out into the hall. He pulled the key from his pocket and locked the door behind them. When he turned back around, a whore was stifling a yawn with the back of her hand, slowly stumbling toward them. She looked like she’d been working hard all night.

“Ma’am, where can I find a place to wash up?” he asked her as she passed. She turned and looked at Wesson and Elizabeth with surprise, eyes falling to the handcuffs.

“Well, well, well,” she laughed. “Looks like you two had some fun last night. Did you lose the key or something?”

Wesson chuckled. “Something like that.”

“There’s a washroom at the end of the hall. You want me to get one of the girls in the kitchen to heat you some water?”

Wesson grinned. “You’re an absolute doll.”

The whore winked. “Well, not right now, but I can be for a penny.”

Wesson looked down at the handcuffs and she laughed, nodding. “Oh, right.” Her smiling eyes turned to Elizabeth. “She’s pretty. For a penny I’ll give you both a good time.” This time, her doe-eyed wink was entirely for Beth.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Beth let him lead her out of the room She didn’t care at this point. It wasn’t like they could undress and properly clean up. The handcuffs would inhibit the full removal of anything and frankly she had no desire to undress anywhere in his line of sight. It was bad enough he had already seen her without her clothes and without her say so. No one had seen her naked before and knowing Wesson had seen her after he drugged her was infuriating.

Beth was tight lipped as they stood out in the hall and the other woman addressed them. She said nothing and did not react as the woman winked at her. She called her pretty and Beth just continued to glare.

She was tired of people trying to pander and tease. She was tired of all of this. She wanted to go and get to Marcus. She wanted to either watch Wesson take him away or shoot him dead. This banter, this tension between her and Wesson was just frustrating.

"Let me pop the cuffs and you can have her all to yourself."

Beth looked over at Wesson.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:26 pm

The whore, quick to see where she could make a penny, interrupted. "I can get those off, you know. I've found a few girls handcuffed to bedposts before and the man's left with the key. All I need is a hammer and a nail, and I've got both."

She smiled at Wesson invitingly. "What do you say?"

Wesson's grin had turned into a frown. Beth's mood had turned unusually sour since he'd refused to remove the handcuffs. He hadn't intended to keep them cuffed together the entire time, but he still had no idea where Marcus was, and he feared the outlaw beside him would skip out on him as soon as she was able, and then he'd be left empty handed with nothing to show for his efforts but a busted pistol and a shoulder full of holes.

"Let me pop the cuffs and you can have her all to yourself."

Her angry mood was infectious and it had spread to Wesson like a disease, spurred- no doubt- by proximity. "Fine," he barked irritably. "You just do whatever the fuck you want." That was what she wanted, wasn't it? She liked to call the shots. He'd taken her power away from her, and she just couldn't stand it. Well, Wesson was tired of her attitude, his head was beginning to throb from his hangover, he still felt weak from blood loss, and his shoulder was killing him. He'd had enough.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Beth nodded to the woman as Wesson agreed to let her undo the cuffs. He was angry, put on the spot but she didn't care. She'd be free of him and could have her hand back.

She waited until the woman left to get the tools to take the cuffs off. She inhaled deeply.

"I'll wash up, you go have your fun with her, wash up and we will head out once you are done. A deal is a deal. I am not going anywhere."

Beth turned to face him, her eyes on his face.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Now that she’d gotten what she wanted, her foul mood seemed to have dissipated. Wesson wished he could say the same for his own.

"I'll wash up, you go have your fun with her, wash up and we will head out once you are done. A deal is a deal. I am not going anywhere."

Wesson scowled. “Amazingly, I find myself no longer in the mood,” he told her sarcastically. Besides, next to Elizabeth, the prostitute seemed a poor substitute for what he really wanted. Maybe it was just because her makeup had smeared, or maybe it was a vague sense of disgust that men had been all over her all night, but he didn’t want to take the woman to bed. He didn’t think he’d have even been able to get hard for her, though Beth seemed to be able to make him rise with little more than a look.

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Beth was confused. Wesson seemed less than enthused about the prospect of bedding the woman though only moments before the only thing he implied that was stopping him was the handcuffs.

"Fine then. Let her take them off and we can properly clean your shoulder up. Both hands free means we tend to it properly."

She understood he didn't want to risk her escaping but she had no intention of fleeing. She frowned a little as if trying to understand why he had changed his mind.

"I am not going to try and escape. I am not letting you take me in but I am not going to go away. If I wanted to be free of you completely I would have killed you last night. I didn't did I?"

Beth was facing him and she reached out to fix his shirt. It was still opened and her hand grazed his bare skin as she adjusted it around his wounds.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:13 am

Elizabeth Reddy was adjusting his shirt in a way that would have seemed almost maternal if the brush of her fingers on his skin hadn’t sent a jolt through him. He stepped back, brushing her hands away. Wesson felt manipulated and cornered. He’d held the upper hand even though he’d been injured, and he was about to lose it. He didn’t care what she said to try and reassure him. Elizabeth was an outlaw and her word meant nothing to him. If he’d been in her shoes, he’d have said anything to get the handcuffs off too.

What am I doing? This isn’t what I set out to do. I wanted to get Elizabeth Reddy, and I’ve got her. I just need to drag her to Red Wing and get my money. Why am I wasting my time with Marcus and taking this risk? Not to mention the fact that he was treating her more like an ally, and not like the criminal she was. Elizabeth had done a host of horrible things, and she’d be the first to admit it. Sure, she had her story about waiting for the right moment to take her revenge on Marcus, but Wesson wasn’t sure he bought it. She had a reputation as a sharp shooter and she’d spent almost her entire life around the man. Why hadn’t she taken one of those moments? It wouldn’t have been hard.

Wesson thought he knew the reason. Maybe she’d entered the life of crime unwillingly, but she’d elected to stay there. She could have tried to get away, but she never had. Wesson was pretty sure that on some level she liked it. It had become a part of her- as much a part of her as her cold exterior. Last night she’d hinted at a troubled conscience, but it hadn’t stopped her from killing and robbing and running around with the Aces. Elizabeth Reddy was a bad egg and he’d been entirely too trusting of her.

But she didn’t kill me, and she could have. Why didn’t she kill me and run? Maybe it was part of a bigger plan, he worried. He had no idea what was going on in her head and that bugged the hell out of him.

"Fine then. Let her take them off and we can properly clean your shoulder up. Both hands free means we tend to it properly."

Why was she trying to take care of him? He wouldn’t have even blamed her for making it hurt a little when she was taking out the bullets, but she’d done it as gently as possible. He doubted a doctor could have done a much better job. Now she wanted to make sure it got cleaned so it would heal well. Wesson was baffled, his brain racing to try and keep up.

"I am not going to try and escape,” she assured him. “I am not letting you take me in but I am not going to go away. If I wanted to be free of you completely I would have killed you last night. I didn't did I?"

Wesson’s brows knit together in a troubled frown. If she wanted to get away, she was about to get her chance. Maybe this was the test, he thought. If she ran he’d find her again- he had before. And when he did he’d gag her and handcuff her and march her straight to Red Wing where she could rot for all he cared. But if she stayed...

If she was still there, maybe it was worth it to take a chance on her. Though he couldn’t fathom what might be going on in the woman’s head, maybe it meant he ought to trust someone for a change and let her lead him to Marcus. He wasn’t sure how it really helped her; after all, just because he didn’t bring her in didn’t mean others wouldn’t try. Maybe if she really got him Marcus he could try to help her somehow.

He knew he was getting ahead of himself, and shook his head in an effort to clear it. The whore was padding down the hall, quiet in her slippers. She had a hammer hanging loosely from one hand, and a nail in the fist of the other.

“Alright, love birds. Let’s get those handcuffs off you,” she chirped. As promised, she seemed to be the expert on getting out of them, and she had them off both their wrists in just a matter of minutes. She grinned up at Wesson and gave him the broken cuffs.

“That bath is hot and ready for you, honey. How about I join you?”

Wesson smiled and glanced over at Elizabeth. “This one wore me out last night, doll. I don’t think I’ve got it in me.”

The whore’s smile went cold as she saw her money slipping away. “Oh. Well then.” Her lips were tight.

“Beth, you’ve still got my money. Will you give this fine lady a penny for helping us out of our accoutrements?”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Wesson was frowning down at her but she did not have time to question it. The whore came back and freed them from the handcuffs.

Beth rubbed her wrist a little. A hot bath sounded just like what they both needed. She waited to see if Wesson had changed his mind again and was ready to take the whore up on her offer. She didn’t respond as he comment that she wore him out on the previous night. Yes exhausted you as I dug metal out of your flesh.

The air around them shifted as the whore went cold and almost standoffish. Beth reached into her pocket and handed the woman the money.

She looked over at Wesson and then started walking down the hall to the bathroom. Beth stepped inside and freed herself from her jacket. She hung it up on a nearby hook and then proceeded to stretch out her shoulders.

Her eyes found the soap and a wash cloth, marking them for later.. She rolled up her sleeves and turned to face the door. She waited for him to join her.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:23 pm

He watched Elizabeth head down the hall with mixed feelings. He was sure that if he was clear-headed he’d be able to process things a little better, but his head had been buzzing since he woke up. Beth turned and disappeared into the washroom, but she didn’t close the door. He raised an eyebrow, curious, and followed after her.

When he reached the washroom, Beth was looking at him expectantly, her shirtsleeves rolled up. He leaned against the doorway and studied her. “What, did you want me to watch or something?” he asked, a smile growing on his face. “‘Cuz I certainly can. I enjoyed it the first time and reckon I would the second time too. Hell, Miss Reddy. I’ll even join you.”

He stepped through the door and closed it behind him, then turned the lock. His eyes glinted with humor and mischief. “You just let me know what you like. You want to take your clothes off yourself, or do you prefer when a man undresses you?”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Beth frowned a little as Wesson leaned on the doorframe. She tilted her head quizzically as he said he’d be happy to join her and then closed the door behind him. She heard the lock click.

”You just let me know what you like...”

Beth looked stunned for a moment. She had forgotten that originally, when she thought he was going to have sex with the whore that she had stated she would bathe first. She was concentrating on cleaning his shoulder. He had said he wasn’t interested in the woman so she had focused on his injury.

Elizabeth stumbled over her words. “I was planning to clean and look over your shoulder...not...I mean I can wait....”

Oh nice...now he thinks you want to strip down and bathe with him...great job Liz...

“Let’s look at your shoulder.”

Beth tried to steer the situation back to his injury and not to what he was implying. He was teasing her again she decided. She pushed her sleeves up further over her elbows and walked purposefully towards him. That’s right I get it, big tease, so funny.

She reached up to remove his coat. “You want to get this out of the way so I can look it over?”

Beth kept her tone more neutral, firm but not an order or stern. She just wanted him to stop making fun of her and focus on what needed to get done so they could get back on the road.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:26 pm

A stunned expression took over Beth’s face. How is it possible that this woman can seem to innocent? She rode with a gang that was comprised of rough men and was an outlaw herself. Wasn’t she used to such banter? Yet every time he flirted or teased, she seemed almost baffled.

“I was planning to clean and look over your shoulder...not...I mean I can wait....”

Wesson smiled to himself. It almost made it more fun to play with her because she seemed unsure how to react. Certainly it was enjoyable to verbally spar with a woman who was clever and could hold her own- nothing was more appealing- but it was a unique entertainment to see her splutter and blush.

“You want to get this out of the way so I can look it over?” Elizabeth reached up to help him ease out of his jacket. He looked down at her with a crooked grin.

“You’d rather undress me, I see.” He chuckled. “I can live with that.”

Wesson shrugged his shoulders to ease the coat away, sucking in a quick breath as his shoulder stretched and the fresh wounds were pulled at. He eased his good arm out of the sleeve, then gingerly removed his left arm from the coat and tossed it into the corner. His shirt, already unbuttoned, was removed in the same manner. It joined the coat in the corner, then he looked down at his unusual comrade expectantly. “Alright, doc. Do your worst.”

LockandKey
Member for 6 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!