Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The loss of a colony...

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:35 pm

She listened to him talk while running her hands over the Virgo's shell. It was a great machine, but she couldnt help but feel a challenge when she saw it.

Kiyoshi: About my old Gundam. Neo Zero. I destroyed it. Before I left for deep space, I fought one last battle. Took on a whole mobile suit force, she held up as well as she always had. I wouldn't need her where I was going, I didn't trust her in the hands of anyone else. Cloud...led the }{G and he was like a mentor to me. He gave me the Neo Zero, I didn't want anyone else to have her.

She turned around and followed him as he brought up information on his old gundam. She stared at it. It was...

BEAUTIFUL! Oh my gosh, look at those wings! It's a master piece!

Kiyoshi: If I knew I would have been pulled into war again when I'd return from Deep Space...I would have probably hid the Neo Zero. I thought the past would be just that, that I'd come back and live a new life. I was wrong. I'm no different than when I left. The only thing that is different is the people here.

He had paused and looked a bit embarressed.

Kiyoshi: But, it's not like that's a bad thing.

Lori went up to him and, standing on her toes a bit, hit him lightly on his forehead with her palm.

Be healed! How could you ever destroy such beauty! You know, you cant hide from the past. Its just not possible, wise or in fact very mature. I know that I'm not one to delve on maturity, but I do know that sometimes you just need to stop worrying about things that have already happend. You seem to blame yourself for a lot of things.

She poked his chest with her finger.

Dont run away and stop blaming yourself. The past is the past. What happens happens, so deal.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:11 am

Kiyoshi blinked at Lori. She had said the same thing that three different people had told them. One, Cloud, who could very well be a figment of his imagination, the second, Kaden, someone who he didn't always see eye to eye with but had become a good friend, and now Lori...a girl he had just recently met. Kiyoshi looked down trying some pathetic attempt to hide from the fact, but then he saw Lori's finger. His eyes followed down her finger, to her arm, all the way back to her face. Kiyoshi looked in Lori's eyes through the sunglasses and let out a sigh.

You're not the first person to tell me that...actually...I think you're the second person today.

Kiyoshi turned back to the terminal and switched it off. He looked over his shoulder at Lori, not wanting to admit that she was right. Finally, after a long pause, he spoke...

You're right, unfortunatly...I can't forgive myself for what has happened...or what could happen. Uhg...

Kiyoshi turned around and slumped his shoulders.

Here I go again...trying to defend my stupid ways...which I know are stupid. I can't forgive myself because of the past...and it doesn't seem like I can let that go. i think it's because I don't know how. I'm too used to looking for the worst possible outcomes and trying to avoid them. I just don't want anyone else hurt because of me.

Kiyoshi just stood there. That's how he tried to defend himself each and everytime.

Why does everyone act like having me around is a good thing? I'm a threat to everyone.

He went silent. He didn't know if he really wanted an answer or not.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:47 am

She leaned back on her heels and listened to Kiyoshi's weak defense. She could understand - it was hard to cope with past events, but that was part of life.

Kiyoshi: ... Here I go again...trying to defend my stupid ways...which I know are stupid. I can't forgive myself because of the past...and it doesn't seem like I can let that go. i think it's because I don't know how. I'm too used to looking for the worst possible outcomes and trying to avoid them. I just don't want anyone else hurt because of me.

She raised her eyebrows at this and smirked a bit.

Kiyoshi: Why does everyone act like having me around is a good thing? I'm a threat to everyone.

My, my. You are a piece of work. You think people hurt just because of you? People get hurt all the time and its inevitable - a part of life, with joy comes pain - its part of the package. You are a person who looks at the glass half-empty...aren’t you.

She reached into her MPB and took out her water bottle which was not in fact full of water, but half full of a lime flavored soda. She held her bottle out to where he could see it clearly.

Here, look. Life comes to a person by the way they perceive it. If a person already is certain that only doom awaits him in life, then isn’t that what will happen? It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

She turned the bottle over so the liquid was at the top.

If you perceive that the glass in half-full, then don’t you leave yourself open for something better to happen?

She handed him the bottle.

Its really your choice, and to answer your question...

She gave him a mischievous smile.

Maybe your friends LIKE to court death.

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:18 am

Kiyoshi blinked as he looked at the bottle in his hand. The look on her face also confused Kiyoshi. What did she mean by "courting death"? Lori was again right about everything. Kiyoshi let out another heavy sigh as he looked at Lori. It was cute how she tried to lift Kiyoshi's long sunken spirits.

Maybe one day...

Kiyoshi turned the bottle back right-side up and unscrewed the lid and drank the lime soda down and smiled.

I can enjoy life until the last drop.

Kiyoshi handed the bottle back to her and put his hands into his pockets.

Until I can let go of my past, forgive myself, and slay the demons from my past...I don't think I can. One day though...I won't have to hide the pain and sadness from the past in my eyes.

Even as Kiyoshi said this, he continued to find himself smiling. Was she doing this to him? Kiyoshi couldn't understand it, so he didn't try to figure it out. The thoughts only hurt his head. He then realized he had been standing here quietly looking at Lori, and this made him feel embarrassed, so he rubbed the back of his head.

Well...we should be landing on Earth soon, probably not a good idea to be standing in the hanger. Oh yeah!

Kiyoshi walked over to a doorway that says "Storage". Kiyoshi walked inside then came out with a spare bed.

I guess you'll need a bed for Mia's room, so we can go put that in there if you want.

OOC: Things to continue here - http://gwing.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5027#5027

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.