The Man Of The Mountain ( Space and Polka)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Man Of The Mountain ( Space and Polka)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Give her the letter, give her the letter....

Arturo stares at the crow gesturing for him to give the letter but the crow tilted its head back at Arturo and returned back to him, letter in beak.

“ Richie.. what am I going to do with you?!” He chuckled grabbing the birds beak playfully with his fingers. “ go home we can work on it later” he gave the crow two worms and sent him on his way.

“ hey Rupert, c’mere” he called over as he ruffled the dogs fur playfully. “ let’s go see if your owner wants help. “ he smiled as he walked with Rupert up the garden. Knocking on the back door he opened the door almost getting bowled over by the huge dog behind him trying to get it as well “ hello, Marie? It’s Arturo I was wondering if you wanted some help? I tried a Crow but it didn’t work”
I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:49 pm

He sent a crow?
How odd... Marie thought before accepting his offer of help.

She gave him the task of lifting the boxes that needed put into the kitchen, including the large plant that she had nicknamed Spike- due to its jagged appearance.
There were also a few spice pot to hang on the wall, put she would do that later after eating... which reminded her, she should invite her helper over for tea.

' Would you like to stay for food? I don't have much in to cook- but we could order in?'

She smiled energetically- pleased that she had made a new friend at her home.
She had almost forgotten about her jerk of an Ex who still lived in their bug city apartment.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polka
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:42 pm

Arturo was grateful that Marie accepted his help, he would have left straight away if she didn’t want him there. Soon enough he was moving boxes as well as a spiky plant. Then came the offer of food which was so nice.

“ i’d Love to stay, but don’t be silly there’s plenty to work with, you haven’t checked the garden?” He took off his jacket revealing a hand sewn cloth shirt with short sleeves showing his defined arms with deep blue patterned dots around in a band level with his heart. Like a strip of blue lace woven into his skin.

“ I don’t think I have anything on me right now that you don’t already have in your jars, you’re garden is really overgrown but I can see some garlic, some potatoes, onions, the tomatoes might have gone the hedgehogs tend to eat those. The lettuce is fine too. So a nice salad or maybe a stew? Do you prefer meat, fish or vegetables?” He asked even as he patted down his pockets pulling out sticks and twigs as well as extremely old coins.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:57 am

Marie watched in awe as Arturo began revealing small twigs and coins from his pockets.
His knowledge and understanding of horticulture was phenomenal to say the very least.

She was so impressed that it actually took her a moment to realise that he was talking to her.
His arms were defined and well made- Marie could tell that this was a man who liked the work of the earth. Her Grandfather has a similar build as a young man- due his work in garden.

She gazed a bit longer before snapping back into reality.
Meat, fish or vegetable- well she liked it all if she was being perfectly honest.
' I have no preference really, I like most things- I hope you don't mind me saying this- but you are probably one off the most fascinating people I have ever met!'

Polka
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:49 pm

Arturo started to put things back in his pocket including a piece of string with a stone wrapped around it, smiling at the memory he held it in his hand for a while rubbing his thumb on it gently. His mind was thinking over some recipes as he heard Marie mention that she had no preference. Vegetable stew it was.

At the compliment Arturo turned to her and gave a huge smile toward her.

“ well thankyou! That’s a wonderful thing to say, perhaps you can teach some of the other townspeople about me too” he chuckled “ most people rarely talk to me, I send letters and such but technology moves so quickly.” He smiled again thinking about his modest home in the woods, living off the land him and his companions.

Clapping his hands together which made plants in jars quiver a litttle more like a tremor but barely noticeable “ right, put some water in a pan and we can make a nice stock and add some vegetables in, oh!” He paused as he opened his bag, again filled with random items, black and white photos, stone and a wooden hand carved box. Opening it he revealed some dried mushrooms. “ they’re that’ll be good. They are safe don’t worry, flat and fat are safe pointy and bubbly are not. And the ones the size of balloons are delicious” tipping them out he picked up a smaller one popping it into his mouth he chewed looking out at the overgrown garden.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:18 am

Marie without question filled the pan. It was like she had stepped into a Miyazaki movie.
Each movement that Arturo made was filled with such grace and fluidity.

As he popped a mushroom into his mouth, Marie noticed him looking out over her garden.
' I have never had to tend a garden before- but my Grandfather was excellent at it. I am hoping a green thumb runs in the family' she chuckled.

Polka
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:20 pm

“ oh it’s easy when you get going, you just need to sort out the weeds and tidy it up, I can help you if you like, to tame it so to speak. The forest gets like it too, especially after a downpour . The storms aren’t too bad here, winter is beautiful but all the animal stay together which is nice” he explained as he opened the window to let a nice breeze in. Soon enough a visitor was present, the crow from earlier.

Arturo laughed as the crow landed with the letter in his mouth. Gesturing to the pair of them he smiled “ Richie, I’m here now. Go home, go on.” He shooed the crow away who happily moved off letter still in his beak. Walking out of the door to the garden “ he will carry that the rest of the day now, he’s not as useful as his father but he is very old now bless him”

He began pulling out some fresh carrots and potatoes putting them in a pile she shook off the mud as best he could. Taking some garlic he carried the muddy vegetables into Marie. “ there we are, just right”

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polka on Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Marie nodded when he offered held with the garden. He seemed to have such a way with nature- she had never met a soul who was so wonderful with the earth.

As he made joked about the crows father, Marie shot him a puzzled look.
She had to be direct if she wanted answers.
' Excuse me if this come off as rude- but who and what are you?!

Polka
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:55 pm

“ it’s not a rude question at all don’t worry about it. It’s good to be curious” he smiled trying to think about how to answer her question and how he would begin to explain it.

“ well I’m what’s commonly known as a fae, but I’ve had so many names over the years it’s hard to remember my true one. I tend to stick with Arturo but the the town has called me guardian for thousands of years.” He began to explain. Cutting up the potatoes into small thin slices. “ I am a protector of the animals and the plants, I encourage growth in parts of the forest that need it. But both the forest and the animals live through me.”

Taking out some of the vegetables that were a little rotten he cupped his hands around them and closed his eyes, his body shook a little but as he opened his hands again “ see?” He smiled revealing fresh ripened vegetables. “ that’s why I don’t let many people in without reason. If people start fires or damage the forest. I feel it... it hurts”

“ of course living for so long has its downsides, all my wives and partners are long gone, only the souls remains in the trees as well as some important possessions that I hold close, I haven’t had a good friend for so long. People want different things from me, except my companionship” he added as he began to cut the carrots helping himself to some of the offcuts.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 6 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!