Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

The Marchand School of Sorcery

a part of “The Marchand School of Sorcery”, a fictional universe by Miss Echo.

Marchand is a new academy fresh out of the woodworks, with arms open to children from any and all bloodlines. However, is this school truly what it seems? (Accepting!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Marchand School of Sorcery”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:00 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Marchand School of Sorcery"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 6 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Re: The Marchand School of Sorcery

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Hello!

This premise is very interesting, and if I may I'd like to reserve Maeve Bridgit Byrne please! I will also probably make a student character as well.

Thank you!

-BurningDark

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BurningDark
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Oh, hey there, BurningDark! Glad to see that you're interested in my RP this lovely day. :)

Unfortunately, I guess I didn't clarify well enough that the named teaching slots are basically filled. I'll probably put the usernames of who they're claimed by, haha. There are three slots open for a teacher of your choosing, though, so feel free to try and get yourself a professor! Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 6 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Oh that's perfectly alright! That makes sense. Thank you!
Could I have a character who teaches Runes and Familiar Conjuration then? I believe they're unclaimed so far.

Thank you so much for clearing that up!

BurningDark
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Hello Echo!

I'll be taking up my professor, and also some students very shortly. =)
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 11 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Oh, yeah, that's fine! Just send them in once you're finished with them, and I'll go ahead and have a look over as soon as possible. Also, no problem! It was my fault, haha.

Also, hello, Vitamin!

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby scoundrelboots on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Hello Echo! I'll be submitting for my Maeve, and also a pair of students <3

scoundrelboots
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Donated! Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:43 pm

So, are we playing students or teachers? the only roles I see are teachers. Either way I am interested in this roleplay and would love to reserve a spot if you have limited space.
Real knowledge
is to know the extent
of one's ignorance.

Haas33
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 pm

I mentioned this in the rules, but you can play both. :) Students are unlimited, which is why they aren't listed on the front page. I don't see any reason to prohibit anyone from them. Teachers, on the other hand, are the limited resource, which is why they're being competed for. If you'd like a teacher, feel free to make a page, and then send it in for me to look over.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:54 pm

Ah, my apologies, normally I don't read the rules until I've committed to creating a character. In that case I will just stick to students. I think I will create two characters, one male and one female.

-Also, do you might if I use a different character sheet than the one given?

Haas33
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 pm

That's fine. I would appreciate if you did read the rules now, though, so there's not any further confusion in the future. The two students sounds good, though!

I don't mind at all! As long as you list the information required in the character sheet, I have no problem with it.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm

I would like to reserve a Professor Slot perhaps Blood Magic & Familiar Conjuration (if teaching 2 secondaries is allowed?) As well as two students?
Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, We are one.

emotionless
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:04 pm

A professor sounds good! Keep in mind though that if you would like Familiar Conjuration, you would be competing against Burning Dark for that teaching slot. Is that alright? As for the two students, that's perfectly fine!

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Maybe ill just stick with Blood Magic then, I don't want to step on anyone's toes. =)

emotionless
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:20 pm

Due to the limited amount of teachers and relatively larger amount of magic types, I would prefer if you took up a second class for your teacher as well. :) The current slots open are:

Terramancy
Runes (being competed for by BurningDark)
Blood Magic
Levitation
Toxin Production
Familiar Conjuration (also being competed for by Burning Dark)

So there's a few options left available. Sorry for the trouble, also, haha.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Ill take Terramancy and Blood Magic pretty please. Almost done with this character.

emotionless
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Sounds great! Look forward to seeing them sent in. :)

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Question, can siblings have different Primaries?

emotionless
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:19 pm

It depends on the Primaries of the parents. If the parents have two different Primaries, then there's a chance of the kids having different Primaries as well. Magic is sort of like a gene in this RP.

Also, I saw your app for the Professor. It looks great, but I did notice some things that might be a bit of a problem. I'll send you a PM about them in a bit.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:21 pm

Okay. Sound good. =)

emotionless
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!