Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner

a part of “The Maze Runner”, a fictional universe by Chandz.

"Day one Greenie. Rise and shine." It's never fun being wiped of your memory and thrown into a never-ending fight for your life against a maze. But that's your life now. Welcome to the Glade.[Full]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Maze Runner”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Maze Runner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:59 am

Welcome to the Glade!

In this OOC, you will provide:
1. Character reservations, which will include:
  • Face claim
  • Job desired(I want to limit it to two keepers)
  • The password required

I ask that the number of female:male ratio stay even, please. Feel free to double up on characters in order to make this work. Reservations will last for 72 hours. If you cannot provide a detailed WIP within that time frame, I do apologize but we will move forward with the opening of your reservation.

In this OOC, I will provide:
1. Updates of our time frame and our status as we move along
2. Encouragement for communication and ideas
3. Answers to any and all questions to the best of my ability
4. Smiles :)

Roles

Note: I am aware that I did not add a character sheet skeleton. I will leave this up to you to creatively construct. However, I will ask that you provide the following details for your character:
  • Job: whether they are a keeper or simply a worker of that faction
  • Time: how long have they been in the Glade? The oldest member has been in the Glade for 4 years now. You cannot have been here longer than that.
  • History: Please add two parts to their history. The part they remember could be their time so far in the Glade, broken or distant memories of life before the Glade, Family. The part they do not remember could include their time with W.I.C.K.E.D if they had any, Family, The Flare outbreak, etc.

Note 2: I know there aren't many characters on the front page to begin with but if we are full and you still want to join, PM me or post below with the details asked and we will figure something out for you.

With that said, here are the Maze Roles I'd like filled(but do not require unless *):
Second-in-Command
*Keeper of the Runners/Keeper of the map-makers(2-in-1)
Med-jack
Builder
Cook/Slicer(2-on-1)

*I require at least one runner. If need be, we can all include NPC in our posts to fill up all other positions. These positions do not need to be filled but for the sake of having everyone doing something I ask that someone takes up a task. I want two keepers positions filled at most, no more than that: one runners keeper and one of any other job faction.
Last edited by Chandz on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chandz
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Maze Runner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:22 am

Yooo this looks fantastic! Mind if I snag a role?

I'll use Kim Myungsoo as an FC, he'll probably be 16, and I'm thinking a Med-jack (I can change that if I need to, there's other jobs I wouldn't mind him doing). Oh and my favorite book is Harry Potter!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:32 am

I've added your reservation!

And thanks :) I've been really wanting to watch it again and then sparked the idea that a rp of this would be really cool! So here I am!

Chandz
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:12 pm

I totally do the same thing sometimes XD adapted roleplays are the best fix for a book/movie hangover :p

BTW, quick question - do you want to stick with the scientists themed names, or do you care?

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby violeta on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:32 pm

I'd like to reserve a girl if that's possible! FC: Holland Roden probably 16, maybe a scientist or like what Theresa and Thomas were in the books.

If not then I can reserve a boy with a FC: Colton Haynes, age 16, possibly a runner.

Sorry for a vague reservation, I'm on my phone and I can't do much haha! ^.^ When I get on my laptop it'll be better!

violeta
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:43 pm

@CharlotteV As far as the names, I don't mind it either way. Whatever makes you happy.

@Violeta I can reserve you for a female since we currently have a somewhat even count. I'll add your reservation once I receive your password.

Chandz
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:45 pm

I'll just state my reservation here for officialness. I would like to reserve the female role of Shailene woodley and if possible I'd like her to be second-in-command. Also my favourite book is The Last Duchess(My Anatasia) makes me cry literally every time.

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarcasticZombie on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:02 pm

I too shall state my reservation for officialness just like Sorella haha. I am reserving the FC of Cintia Dickers and if possible, which I didn't state earlier because I just thought of it, I'd like to be the Keeper of the Runners. Also my favorite book series right now is the Outlander series.

SarcasticZombie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi, I was wondering if I may reserve a female runner? I know that there's quite a few females at the moment, so I don't mind evening it up with two male characters (a cook/slicer and another runner) if that's okay (I don't know if there's a cap concerning the amount of characters allowed) or I could just wait until more males are reserved, I just wanted to make sure I could try and reserve before school! :D
I'm not set on face claims, yet, but I'll let you know.
Oh, and my favourite book series is totally Game of Thrones. ;)

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby violeta on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Whoops sorry ^^ I was reading to fast! My favorite book is probably the Harry Potter series!

violeta
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:25 pm

@Violeta You are reserved.
Edit: I'm fine with her past job being a scientist, but I need also for your character to have a job within the Glade. Here is a reference you can use to choose. Sorry to be so picky. It's just that since their memories are wiped upon arrival I want her to have a job that is designated to the Glade.

@RubyTuesday I'll reserve you for one female as of right now. I may add a character myself so we might even out on males. If not, I'll let you know and you can decide whether you'd like to add another character.

I also want to give others the opportunity to join. @EveryoneOtherwise, everyone is reserved. Get started on those WIP's, I've given everyone 3 days to complete. I know it's the middle of the week and I apologize for that so if you need an extension near the deadline, just PM me.

Otherwise, have fun and I can't wait to get started. Just to give everyone a time frame, I plan to post on Saturday. Sheets should be in by Friday and expect to see a post on Saturday. If we can knock out at least WIP's earlier I may post sooner to get the story up and running.

Also, thanks to everyone for being patient with my picky and annoying ass haha

Chandz
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby συιʝα on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Hey can I swipe the new arrival spot with the face claim of Logan Lerman?
I'm still deciding what he'll be so if you could bare with me for about five minutes or so while I figure that out lol but anyway my favortie book has to be the Harry potter series for sure or any J.K Rowling book since they are all good.

EDIT: He'll be a Track-hoe if he can.
ImageImage

συιʝα
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:32 pm

Chandz, would you care terribly if I switched for a Runner?

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:54 pm

@ouija You're reserved and all ready to go

@CharlotteV I don't mind, I'll change that in a moment.

@Everyone We are all maxed out on Runners. I will allow all other job positions but can no longer be a runner. Also, I will be putting up a thread of NPC's just so that we have a full Glade. Feel free to refer to those characters, or even add some of your own. The more the merrier.

*Think of it as your second, non-committal character, if you will. You can add as many as you'd like. Use them when you're stuck or when you need a nice transition to another situation or character. They do not need to be detailed but please do not work on a NPC before your own character is finished.

Lastly, I'm going to go ahead and call it a day with the roles. We are booked to the max. Existing players may add characters but I will not be accepting other players. Can't wait to get started.

Jk, this is last. Does anyone want a relationship thread? Or nah?

Chandz
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarcasticZombie on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:52 pm

I wouldn't mind having a relationships thread. That way we can flesh out the relationships between the people who have been there the longest.

SarcasticZombie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Oh I agree with that ^

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:36 pm

I third the relationship thread!

Also I was thinking since my character has been there second longest, before others came I was thinking she used to be a medic, but once they got more people she became second in command. Feel free to say nawh to that, but I though it would make sense, haha :P

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chandz on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:01 pm

@Everyone Awesome. So I'll get started on a basic sheet for that as soon as I finish my character, which should be sometime tomorrow.

@Sorella I think that's a great idea! I did a similar thing with my character as well.

Chandz
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:27 pm

@Chandz; So, it seems like I've missed my chance to join this and roleplay with you again. :(

Anyways, I wish you luck on the roleplay and hope everyone enjoys it, too. I'll be on the lookout.

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby violeta on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:07 pm

No I totally understand!

If she could be the current Keeper of the Medjacks, or just a Medjack that would be wonderful!

^.^ If not my second choice would be the Cook!

I should have my WIP up soon, or at least a skeleton!

violeta
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!