Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The MUD

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

The MUD

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:22 pm

So, yes, the MUD is still up and doing absolutely nothing. This is in vast part my fault, as I really haven't had the drive or inspiration to do anything with it.

Anywho, to cut to the chase, I need a staff. As it stands, I'm happy to take on as mant experienced builders in SWR as are willing to help, and I'm willing to train a few inexperienced builders, including people completely new to it.

As well, I could use a coder. While right now my main focus is getting a functioning world constructed, a coder will eventually be needed, and the sooner we can get one, the better.

Finally, and this part is for everyone, I need suggestions. Tell me what you guys want to see in a MUD as far as theme, combat, etc.

How to konnekt:
In order to connect, click: telnet://208.109.93.113:3000

If that doesn't work, try the following:
Click Start, bottom left hand corner. Click Run. Type "telnet 208.109.93.113 3000". Press enter.

Enter a name and follow directions. Click on the little computer icon on the top right and select "Defaults" to modify things to your liking.

~Zhelir
Last edited by Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:39 pm

Well, I'm an inexperienced Coder, and I would be more than happy to give you a hand with it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gundam Gears on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:16 pm

Tell me what the hell I gotta do, and I'll do it. Just give me a bit of training.
Though my right hand is made of metals, I am still a normal man.. For the normality is always there, you just don't know it..(I build Gundams)

Gundam Gears
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark_Descendant on Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:53 pm

Hrm...I wouldn't say I'm some sort of professional or have any real experience with coding, but of course, I have worked with coding before. I'd be happy to help, anyway I can, even if it is not with coding ^-^

Dark_Descendant
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 pm

Feel free to jump in game any time, there's connection info in the first post.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lance_Shepard on Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:25 am

Im an experienced MUD player. The most time time to play one is a little over a year. So if you need anyone to do any beta testing im game.

Lance_Shepard
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.