The Multiverse

[#beacon]: The Multiversal News Feed

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Brave Men and Women of the Aschen Empire Prepare to Deploy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 pm

ImageImage

OFFICIAL IMPSOC PRESS RELEASE

OFFICIAL TRANSMISSION FROM THE MINISTRY OF INFORMATION

Brave men and women of the Empire prepare to deploy, to bring the fight to the enemy!

Following the announcement of forcible annexation of the planet Terra by the Imperium of Mankind, an emergency session was called in the Quorum, and delegates called to an emergency session with the special council of the AXIS, and it has been determined that emergency action is needed to secure Aschen Interests on Terra and beyond!

Following the emergency session, the decision was made to mobilize all Imperial assets in the defense of Terra against what has been described as a baseless, and barbaric power grab by the Imperium of Mankind.

"The Soldiers of the Imperium must not be allowed to seize control of another sovereign world; they have been a plague to the United Aschen Empire, they have been a plague to the sovereign peoples of Terra, and their oppression, and rampant barbarism shall plague this galaxy no more, it is my pleasure to announce the immediate deployment of the Imperial Fleet to Terra, to assist local and international forces in the expulsion of the Imperium of Man, the maintenance of law, and order, the restoration of stability, and enduring peace on the planet.

The Aschen Empire will serve in a peacekeeping fashion following the forcible expulsion of Imperium forces from the Sol System."

"The Imperium of Man has until we arrive in system to peacefully vacate, otherwise operations to expel them will begin immediately."

-Statement issued by Emperor most grand, Isambard Prince

"I've authorized a deployment of three fleets, and am working closely with Minister Chaska, and Admiral Nagala to move efficiently, and swiftly into the Sol System, I anticipate a swift Aschen victory in any case, and while I won't detail the exact strength of our military capabilities, I have consulted with the Quorum, and the Emperor, and the authorization for strategic weapons have been given, I will provide the full capabilities of this military to the people of Terra. While we've had our differences as a people, the Imperium's actions have deeply concerned the Empire." - Statement issued by Chairman Gina Inviere

Nip it in the bud.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

barney_fife
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester

EMERGENCY INQUISITIORAL TRANSMISSION

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:30 am

Hear this, and hear it well any, and all ships within Warpspace at, or near Segmentum Mundus. I am Inquisitor Lord Terran Lycarius Trincus, Ordos Malleus, and by the divine authority of the Inquisition, and mighty God-Emperor himself, your ships, bodies, and very souls have been called in to service as of now. I will say this once, and only once, submit without question, for to refuse the Inquisition is to refuse Him. As such all Commissars, Officers, Adeptus Ministorum, and loyal troops of the Astra Millitarum are authorized, and encouraged to purge those who protest.

Moving on.

The Ecclesiarchy, and Cult Mechanicus have convened, and their verdict is grim. Thanks to the wise theological insight of the Cardinals, and the hard, uncomprimised data of the Techpriests, this has been deemed a true miracle. It seems as though the Holy Emperor himself has taken the helm of the Astranomicon, and you all are in fact being guided by His will. Know that He is with you, by your side in this endeavor.

I say this because our Father is leading you into the flames of war - into battle with the Archenemy.

The Explorator Fleet responsible for the rediscovery of Segmentum Mundus has confirmed this much. The same sensors that detected planets within this sector have picked up a small Chaos fleet, as well as a Warp Portal opening in the atmosphere of planet N1589011. Xenos ships have also been identified, but are considered inconsequential. The portal is the main objective, as Daemons, and Traitors are pouring through it like the filth they are.

Close the portal, surround it, or annihilate the entire area. Do not relent, do not retreat, and do not yield this planet at any cost.

As for reinforcements, the Adeptus Mechanicus has reason to believe several STCs are hidden here, and as such will be sending Skitarii support A.S.A.P. Ordos Malleus shall be responsing with it's full, holy fury as well.

Remember, "Only in death does duty end."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blazezon
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver

A Message to Terra

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue May 01, 2018 12:11 am

Special Report from the Terran Free Press:

In light of the events in the aftermath of the Wing City Election Emperess Electra of The Terra Nova Empire released this Statement to the people of Terra.

"People Of Terra I speak to you now in the wake of this election... While I am of course displeased with the result... I will stand by the will of the citizens of Wing City and hope that under this new leadership Terra can see an age of peace and freedom from outsider rule.

The Terra Nova will retain an outpost in the Wing City Hospital where our Medical Corps will heal and aid the sick and injured. This will also serve as our embassy to Wing City. Know that any hostile action on the Hospital grounds will be dealt with swiftly.

The Terra Nova hopes that peace will endure. We will be watching..."
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver

The New Stickistan Decree

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tr33cko on Sat May 05, 2018 1:36 pm

A message from President-Elect Rhizo

To all whom it may concern, whether you are Aschen or Terran, Ruulan or Taiyou, hear this decree! Luna, the moon of Terra, is now under Direct Rule of Stickistan! Please direct yourself to Citadel International Spaceport Customs to receive citizenship, or apply online. Any citizen without papers will be arrested on site, and any non-citizen will be instantly deported, or sent to prison. We don't wish for trouble, so get your papers in order before you step foot outside the airport.

Any countries wishing to establish relations, please contact us. And trust us: The nukes are purely for Defensive, Commercial, and Recreational use only.

Regards, President Rhizo

Tr33cko
Member for 2 years
Author Streamwatcher Person of Interest Promethean Friendly Beginnings World Builder Inspiration Visual Appeal Arc Warden Group Theory Lifegiver

Wing City Mayor introduces plan for the Bulwark

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColeMaibara on Tue May 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Bulwark hired as a private Security Force

Cole Arkenach has signed the Bulwark up as a Security Force. Their job will be to protect high ranking officials and diplomats from outside of Terra. If push comes to shove, they will be called upon to help protect Wing City if it is in dire need. Cole Arkenach issued the following statement when concerning the Bulwark.

I believe that as of late, Wing City has become increasingly safer with the many groups coming and working together to make a safer community for the citizens and tourists here. It makes me happy that these people are coming together, and that slowly but surely, we can make the great issues that once plagued this city a problem of the past. The Bulwark is one of many that are stepping stones to a better future.

The Multiverse is a dangerous place, filled with endless possibilities: endless good, and endless bad. We must stick together so as to not lead ourselves into an oblivion of unadulterated chaos. Terra and Wing City are shining beacons of hope among a universe of darkness. We must protect our home if we want a future for our children, and children's children. I hope more organizations, governments, and people can come together to lead us there.

ColeMaibara
Coder
Member for 7 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Cult Leader Greeter Visual Appeal Salesman Property Buyer Lifegiver

Solaceon Press Extra!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Thu May 17, 2018 2:05 pm

SOLACEON PRESS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE--ETERNA CITY UNDER FIRE

Eterna City, Sinnoh--Reports of a clash with unknown terrorists that have left Gym Leader Gardenia hospitalized with serious injuries has led authorities to issue a travel advisory to Trainers in or near the Eterna Forest area, including Floaroma Town and the Fuego Ironworks. Hazardous material crews have been dispatched to the northern section of Route 205 to deal with a chemical fire producing toxic fumes. Air quality advisories for those with allergies or compromised immune systems have also been issued for the surrounding areas.

According to our most recent reports, the terrorists may be posing as ordinary Trainers. Now is not the time for panic, but courage and caution. Champion Shirona could not be reached for comment as of press time, due to her dealing with a possibly related incident up near Snowpoint City.

GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH SET!

The match we've been waiting for is finally here! Grand Champion Iris has finally agreed to a full battle with Nuvema Town's Emiko Touko with her title on the line in the one and only Ruula Grand Stadium! After winning the Unovan regional title from Valorie Ryder in an unusual three on three match, Touko has made it clear that she has set her sights on nothing less than leadership of our entire nation. We wish the heroine of ideals luck in her endeavors.

In related news, after their clash, Touko made the unusual decision to nominate Ryder to the Unovan Elite Four seat vacated by Grimsley after his untimely demise in a Mantine surfing accident.

LawOfTheLand
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE EMPEROR

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:20 pm

ImageImage

The telescreen shows a room filled with news reporters, the Aschen Empire's flag hangs loosely, embroidered in gold against a dark blue backdrop, Emperor Isambard Prince himself is standing front and center, behind a large, knurled and oaken podium bearing the symbol of IMPSOC.

"Good evening, people of the United Aschen Empire, and the Galaxy at large... As your Emperor, I have cherished each one of my subjects deeply, as each one of you have contributed to the living state, in which I have dedicated the majority of my adult life."

"In these past few years, I have dedicated every fiber of my being, to strengthening our party, and our state. I have brought order where there was once chaos, and our Military stands stronger, and prouder than ever. My Service has always been in interim, with the forcible removal of Emperor McGregor as a result of his failed policies. But we now look ever foreward, and I am pleased with the progress that we have made as a people, and now it is time for us to move forward.

"I have instructed the Quorum of the United Aschen Empire to immediately begin the selection process for a new Emperor. Delegates from provinces across the United Aschen Empire are, as I make this very announcement, casting their votes to choose a new leader, one who has the strength, and the vision to usher our Empire forth to splendor."

"With that, I am formally announcing my intention to abdicate the illustrious office of the Emperor, and the throne of the United Aschen Empire, effective once a new Emperor is chosen, in which I plan to resume my post as Grand Confessor, advising our new leader on the direction to take our esteemed Empire."

We go forth to greatness together! Thank you all for your loyalty, and your undying support of our Empire! So say we all!

barney_fife
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Maiden Voyager Group Theory Property Buyer Person of Interest Cult Leader Hordemaster Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Beta Tester

An Imperial declaration to Terra

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:26 pm

"Greetings one, and all hearing this, I am Brother-Captain Arcalanus Invixus of The Grey Knights, His Holy Adepta Astartes. I realize many of you will be angered by me, by this message, and by our presence here, but I assure you The Imperium comes to you noble Terrans peaceably. Our only intent, for you, is the mending of damages wrought by heresies most grave. Those native to this planet, and those of pure hearts, I assure have nothing to fear - on my honour, and in my Father's name no harm will befall you, or yours.."

There was a pause in the tramission, and a sharp Vox crackle as the Captain took a deep breath.

"..The heretics, however.." There was immediate shift in the speaker's tone, his muffled voice turning cold, and firm as steel.

"They have much to fear, for I, and my Battle Brothers have been given the charge of delivering The Emperor's furious justice to those who turned from His Grace. We shall do so without mercy, and without fail. Do not run, do not hide, or struggle, your deaths are a foregone conclusion. You knew this the moment you damned your wretched souls to The Enemy."

With that, the transmission hiccuped, falling silent for a moment before being replaced with a recording.

We, The High Lords of Holy Terra, and a Tribunal of Lord Inquisitors, hereby proclaim CIAPHAS CAIN, and his unlawful, immorally assembled cadre THE TERRAN GUARD to be EXCOMMUNICATE TRAITORIS. Their names have been scoured from the scrolls of honour in the Hall of Heroes of the Imperial Palace, and wiped from the memories of the Librarium Terra's databases. As well as all other Imperial archives. We, the aforementioned, have also seen fit to dispatch an Inquisitoral Emergency Response Force for the immiedtae rectification of the situation.

They shall be our proxies in all matters pertaining to this endeavour. Reguard them with the same courtesy you would us, and this will be a simple, painless process.

Blazezon
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver

Mauhasinan Empire goes Dark.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Reports have been filing in of Mauhasinan Ships returning to their home systems. The Mauhasinans have gone dark and no one is sure why. Little is known as to why but some rumor that it may be strife at home that has caused the Mauhasinans to close themselves off. For now all is hearsay and rumors...

Butterfly Effect
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver

Massing of unknown ships detected leaving doomed system.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Reports of Supernovas in unknown systems are largely overlooked in our wide multiverse. But one has some fearful as it is reported that the tale tale signs of a massive fleet was detected leaving the system mere hours before the system's sun went Supernova. Was this an Exodus of a now refugee race? Or something evil with the power to destroy a whole system? Only time will tell.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 11 years

Operation Ridgecrest: A Call to Arms

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:27 pm

People of Terra the time has come to drive the Dark Dragon Draco and his Shadow Legion from Ridgecrest City. Even now The Armies of the Terra Nova Empire gather in the Eastern Seaboard. But We can't do this alone... This is a call the the brave warriors of Terra. A call to rise up For freedom and to rid our home of a great evil. Come Brave souls of Terra. Come And Fight with the Terra Nova for a New Terra free of the evils that wish to enslave us!

Rise up! Rise up And fight! Terra Forever!

Butterfly Effect
Member for 11 years

Solinus City named capital of The Terra Nova Empire

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:09 am

Today in a document given by Emperess Electra The Terra Nova have formally named Solinus City as the capital Of the Terra Nova Empire link

The Emperess hopes to soon meet with the leaders of other Factions on Terra to foster peace and good will and to formally Set The Terra Nova Empire's place as a power on Terra.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 11 years

The First Grand Magi Games!

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Various devices meant to pick up communications and broadcasts, both magic and technological, and those that combine the two, would quickly flicker on as they picked up a new broadcast.

"Hello everyone! This is reporter Trisha Adler, here with ONInet, or the Origin News Intelligence Network, here to bring you a very special broadcast, coming from the King of Origin himself!

The broadcast switches over to show that of the King of Origin, Alexandrius Verrevia

"Attention one, attention all, users of magic that hear this! I am here to announce that today, for any and all to come and attend or even participate, we will have the first ever Grand Magi Games, to be hosted inside Questrios City, home of the Mage's Guild HQ and the QuestZone!"

With that, various images of the locations show up as the King continues speaking.

"And of course, to honor such a great event, I shall be one of the judges presiding over it! We are also going to try and have the elusive head of the Mage's Guild there, and various others such as guest judges! Of course, to ensure safety, honor, and to prevent the threat of crime, such as from any rumored Arcane Mafia or "Grimwood", security forces shall be there as well. Who knows, maybe you may even meet some of my grand children there, huh?"

With that, the King gives off a lighthearted laugh and a smile.

"Just remember, come with your competitive spirit, but also please remember to come to have a good time as well! After all, one of the most important values is of course having fun! Anyways, please come and attend, mages from all across the lands and stars! We promise it will be a great sight!

Incidentally, tickets are free for the dedicated students of Astrius Academy, who will be able to attend via the scheduled field trips. So, come with your game faces on! We will be waiting!"

With that, the King's broadcast ends.

"Well, you heard it here first, from ONInet! A grand event for mages and magic users to come and particpate in! Whether you use artifacts, Armor Spirits, Ancient Magic, or just any magic at all, you are all welcome to attend and give it your all! Now excuse me, as I have to get tickets for all of us so we can bring live commentary direct from the source! We hope to see you there!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

"All your dreams and desires will be yours, if you but claim

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Fishbucket on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Thunder railed and peace was shattered, a scream unheard and unanswered tore through the emptiness of space, as a vessel was forcibly shoved from the womb of the void and out into the open...

None of this was witnessed of course, as there was nothing within billions of lightyears of this vessel, shaped like a planet, the size of a massive star, yet seemingly made of billions upon billions of pieces, like a giant puzzle.

A beacon blinked and a signal went out through all the universe. This signal would be received by every dish, antenna, satellite, and even psychic mind. It held a message, and it's message was as follows

"You that would claim the powers of creation and destruction, who would rise to godhood and bring peace and order to war and chaos. Seek now the key that sits at the center of Aggrival, and claim the ultimate weapon."
The best stories do not have just one or two characters, but all sorts of characters. You might not see them that often or know them that well, but the fact that they were there is what makes the story seem real.

After all, Life is full of characters, is it not?
I solemnly swear that there shall never be more than a 48 hour delay to my response to any question or post.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Fishbucket
Member for 3 years
Writer of the Month, Jan. 2017 Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Group Theory Arc Warden Storyteller Maiden Voyager Person of Interest Property Buyer Tipworthy Salesman Lifegiver

NEWS FROM THE EMPIRE! SPECIAL MINITRU BROADCAST

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barney_fife on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Aschen Forces lay siege to Blackrock! Imperial Aschen Victory is imminent!

Good news from the Blackrock front! A Glorious victory! General Nabaal's Forces have executed a daring strategic outflanking of Militia rebels, and CORE entities on Blackrock! It has been an utter route, and a complete demoralization of the Militia Rebels on Blackrock! Imperial Aschen Victory is nearly assured!

Lord General Rachel Nabaal has just recently arrived at Blackrock's Forward Operating base 'Lyra' while she stages her forces of the 1st Imperial army, and the Imperial Navy forces under the command of Admiral Elisha Whitcomb. Lord General Nabaal intends to free Blackrock from the control of these vicious forces, and eternal enemies of the Empire; and her strategic maneuvers has brought the campaign for Blackrock within measurable distance to it's end.

Terran insurgents attempt assassination on Grand Confessor Kesslee!

While inspecting Terran medical facilities, Grand Confessor Kesslee came under attack from the manifold, vile, and monstrous enemies of the empire.

One insurgent, identified as a young Felid-xenos entity with no known public records, and the alias 'Jazzimore' pulled a vile weapon of destruction against the noble grand confessor; in an unprovoked attempt upon his life. Assisted by the Terran Arch-terrorist Militant identified as Kurt Bannon, the insurgent drew her weapon in an attempt to take Kesslee's life, before fleeing in the presence of the noble Confessor Ayla Kayama, and the members of the Imperial Intelligence Agency's InOps Division, whom valiantly, and selflessly gave their lives to protect Grand Confessor Kesslee.

Agents of the Confessor Cabal, and the Imperial Intelligence Agency attempted to pursue the subjects, but the subjects managed to escape through the assistance of an unidentified felid-xenos entity who has been confirmed as a third militant assisting in the assassination of Grand Confessor Kesslee. [The image of Munkustrap appears on the telescreen].

The United Aschen Empire is offering a reward of two hundred thousand cubits to information leading to the identification, and apprehension of these militants, so that they may be tried, and brought to justice to the fullest extent of Aschen Law!

Our noble brothers and sisters serving the Imperial Government will not tire until these vile terrorists are found, and calls out the Terrorists, let them know that wherever they may hide, they will not be able to hide from Imperial justice forever!

barney_fife
Member for 10 years

Upheaval! The UPL has a new Grand Champion!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:08 pm

MAUVILLE NEWS

Massive upset! Mayhem is the order of the day in Castelia City as a new Grand Champion takes the throne by force, interrupting the scheduled duel between Iris and Touko, and easily dispatching the latter. Exclusive footage from our intrepid duo Gabby and Ty has Touko kneeling at the feet of the new ruler, a talking Diancie by the name of Melaine. What will this mean for the future of Ruula and her dealings with her new neighbors? I hope we all live to find out!

Researchers are scrambling to understand the depths of Melaine's power. What is known so far is that she is the beneficiary of technology thought lost to the desert wind in the far away Orre region which was used to make so-called Shadow Pokémon. Perhaps this lack of familiarity played a part in her victory.

Meanwhile, over in Lumiose City, a spaceship has crash-landed...but the visitors seem innocent enough for once. At press time, Malva and Siebold, two of their Elite Four, were on the scene.

LawOfTheLand
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

The New Records Confirmation Request

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:14 am

"Attention everyone! This is an urgent Origin News Network broadcast!" a voice declared. However, unlike one of the many main reporters that usually reports things for Origin. Rather, the one who was reporting was a member of the Government, in charge of Official Messages from the Rosetta Kingdom itself. "Recently, the terrorist organization known as Spiral caused huge havoc today, which includes the loss of various recorded records in one of the Archives!"

At this point, various images of a destroyed Royal Archive Building are seen, along with tearful passerbys and employees who managed to escape.

"At this point, an investigation is still on going, but for now, parts of the records that were lost, that we wish to examine and reconfirm with backup records if possible, are family lineages, especially those of Noble Birth as those records were lost! Please, anyone and everyone, come in and submit new Origin Nobility send us your records, so that we may assure the government remains efficient, and that all of our records are up to date! Thank you for this time, and please wish the family's of lost loved ones your concern and support!"

LookingAtPerks
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Group Theory Builder Cult Leader Beta Tester Salesman Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

A Gathering of Corporations and the Rich!

Tips: 0.75 INK Postby LookingAtPerks on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:27 am

"Heyo everyone! Its me again, Trisha Adler, once again reporting on the ONN! That is the Origin News Network! And today, we are announcing an upcoming party, gathering, and casual business meeting for the super rich, the famous, and those who are leaders of business and industry! That is right, it is the upcoming Commerce Ball! It is where the super rich all gather around to drink fine wine, and eat delicious food! And all the while, they do major business deals! Hosted by Mr Valkier of Valkier Industries, on his luxury estate on Premier Island, it is guarenteed to be one of hte more luxurious and magnificient parties of all time!"

Several images of Valkier, along with his estate, and the luxurious Premier Island appear.

"And here, often the very state of Multiverse Economies can be determined! Money values can increase and decrease, major economic impacts occur, and the very state of wealth can possibly change in an instant! So for those with the power to spare and who wish to possibly make the deal of their careers, it will be exciting in its own way!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.75 INK in return for their work.

LookingAtPerks
Member for 6 years

[#WCNN/live]: Gambit's Bar Celebrates 12,000 Heroes Served

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat May 04, 2019 1:09 am

The Consolidated News Network's beacon vibrates into view, but you seem to be the first to notice.

[place:Wing City]
On Location in Wing City
Source: [place:The Arena]

HEADLINE: Gambit's Bar Hosts Month-Long Event #synopsis
Wing City calls itself home to one of Terra's most notorious destinations, a home to hundreds of heroes across dozens of eons, ranging from the woes of war to the zen'ni retreats for the retired & ready.

WCNN's display shifts to bring Gambit's Bar into view.

DETAILS: On Our Occasion #details
Gambit's is now approaching forty-thousand epics served, etching yet another milestone into the history books. Inviting all members of the Multiverse to join in over the next few weeks as the annual Wing City Parade comes to a close at the end of the month.

CREDITS: Special Thanks #credits
This—
the voice paused, encouraging you to listen.

...is W-C-N-N.
it punctuated.

Just like that & with but a vague jingle and a flash of the #WCNN logo... the display vanishes just as soon as it had appeared.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver

The Terran Independent: Special Issue – The Terran Republic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Fri May 31, 2019 8:13 pm

THE TERRAN INDEPENDENT
Terra’s Daily Print and Online Source for Trustworthy Planetary News
1 JUNIUS 2019 E.Y. 2050 S.Y. | VOLUME XLIV, ISSUE 1 | WING CITY, TERRA

SPECIAL ISSUE:
WHERE IS THE TERRAN REPUBLIC NOW?

Irina Belenkaya & Esmeralda Bautista Acevedo, with special reporting from Subbulakshmi Bhaktavatsalam of the Van Leugen Bureau

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE IN S.Y. 2050

Shake-Up in Parliament!

The old guard parties of Terra’s past no longer dominate Parliamentary politics. Today’s parties fight for new ideals, new agendas, and new issues, as the days of the Tripartite Occupation are now little more than ancient history to all but a few of the statesmen and political operatives in the national capital today.

The Democratic Republican Party has newly formed following a split in the ranks of the former Center-Rightist and Centrist Parties, the remaining members of which have in turn announced the formation of the Selvaggi-Day Party, so-named for Aracelí Selvaggi and Sengupta Day.

Selvaggi and Day were both Terran soldiers, heroes of war, who upon return to the homeworld, suffered immense injuries from war that Terran medical facilities and available coins in the national purse could not adequately treat, resulting in permanent disability. The two subsequently ran for local office in Losenji and Therrier-Paix respectively, pushing a twin agenda of strong public welfare and strong national defense as two vital elements in a successful and prosperous society.

Both died about 20 years past in a terrorist attack carried out by fanatical adherents to The Way (itself formerly known as Hataf).

Today's Selvaggi-Day Party carries on their hawkish, populist legacy. The current Selvaggi-Day Party chair is Tsigereda Mengesha of Ebouma.

The Democratic Republican Party instead pushes for some elements of public welfare, including education and public assistance for heroes of war, but adamantly opposes nationalized infrastructure, healthcare, or other forms of public assistance other than that for veterans. They otherwise share the Selvaggi-Day Party's commitment to bolstering the national defense and planetary national security. The current Party Chair is Güenther M. Schimelpfenig-Skočpol of Arteghia.

In contrast to the controlling Blue Mountain Party, Prime Minister Khayyam's own, both the Democratic Republican Party and the Selvaggi-Day Party strongly oppose offworld expansion, instead advocating for focus on home territory. The Blue Mountain Party is responsible for the first, second, and fourth TNG surveying and colonization missions to Luna. The current party chair for the Blue Mountain Party is Akinola Alegbeyele of Issunar, though Khayyam is widely considered the party leader as Prime Minister.

The Libertarian-Conservative Party leadership voted last year to rebrand as the United Libertarian Party, pushing for small government, decreased military spending, increased isolationism, and reductions in public welfare spending. Its party chair is now Āpirana Wahawaha of Shintenchi.

The Democratic Socialist Party has suffered its own split, into the Terran Socialist Party, the Democratic Socialists of Terra, and the Communist Party of Terra. The differences in party platforms here derive mainly from ideological differences between the Marxist-Leninists (CPT), the social democrats (DST), and the Trotskyists (TSP). The Communist Party of Terra is currently led by Z. I. Autumnsong Davis of Aslund. The Democratic Socialists of Terra are currently led by Kenna P. Sawchuk of Gonthar. The Terran Socialist Party is currently led by Xinlan Liu of Quelaya.

The Terran Alliance for Collectivist Anarchism does not participate in electoral politics. It does not adhere to a conventional hierarchical leadership but Garai Marangwanda, Yasna Huanchicay, Wushour Mutellip, and Lormong Hawj are widely considered the informal leaders.

The Green Radical Party, however, does participate in electoral politics, but largely remains on the fringes, with fraying relationships even with the Communist Party of Terra, its former coalition partner. Their platform demands immediate cessation of all environmentally unsustainable activities, which does not seem so alienating until one remembers that the Green Terra Front was responsible for a series of bombings nearly as devastating as those carried out by The Way. The current Green Radical party leader is Susan F. Ashenfarb-Elowsky of Llohap, who refuses to publicly disavow any of the Green Terra Four, all serving life sentences at Blackrock. (In contrast, Green Radical Party founder Atousa Shahnam Mirshafiei has publicly condemned the Green Terra Four.)

In Case You Missed It: Who Are the Green Terra Four?

The Green Terra Four were convicted on an array of domestic terrorism charges for their role in executing eight bombings throughout Wing City ten years ago. The worst of the attacks came in the early dawn hours, with industrial-grade explosives detonating in workers’ quarters for mineral giant Bennington Industries, a multiplanetary mining and refinement firm, where twenty-seven perished and another few hundred suffered grievous injury.

The four major conspirators, Kenyatta Amani Whittaker, Winston Cornelius Forbes VII, Michael James Brueggermann, and Alex J. Espinoza de la Sierra, were members of, and maintain continued loyalty to, the Green Radical Party. Today, all four are serving life sentences at Blackrock in supermax security. Whittaker was last heard from two years ago, in a rarely permitted interview with left-leaning journalist Imani Kaitani, whose cousin and fellow journalist Alice Kaitani first published gruesome details of shocking allegations of involvement in war crimes against Terran Intelligence Director Drulović years past.

HONORING TERRA’S PAST AND PRESENT: OUR NATION’S LEADERS

Our Founding Era: Eos Paradigm, Thaelis Pandore, Lelantus Haima, and Prachai Ranida

Eos Paradigm, born Monika Davis-Sheffield, founded and led the movement for Terra’s independence from the brutal colonial era of the Tripartite Occupation – marked by ethnic cleansings, political repression, and deprivation of political and civil liberties for Terra’s peoples, largely under control of the then Aschen Confederation.

This movement, forged in fire, was known as the Terran Liberation Front.

Alongside Eos Paradigm came Thaelis Pandore, Lelantus Haima, and Prachai Ranida, all titans of that early age of heroes fighting boldly and bravely for a free Terra – a sovereign Terra.

Lelantus Haima would in turn take up Paradigm’s mantle when she disappeared from contact, feared dead by many. As an ad hoc military commander, leading by necessity, Haima excelled in the use of guerrilla warfare tactics to weaken and destabilize occupation forces. Upon the signing of the first truce, and rescission of the occupation, Haima became Terra’s first interim head of state, while regions across the planet prepared to convene representatives to draft a constitutional charter to govern the newly sovereign nation.

Haima’s loyal companion, the fierce general Prachai Ranida, in turn assumed the role of Terra’s first Grand General of the Terran Armed Forces, leading Terran troops to victory against the next successive wave of occupations threatening to once again seize Terra’s liberty and bind her in sorrowful captivity.

Without the valiant sacrifices of the many thousands of Terran souls who fought and died with honor, the Terra we know today would not exist.

Our First Prime Ministers: Edward M. Cranford and Luís Roberto Galdámez y Rosa

Edward M. Cranford is widely hailed as a Terran hero – first democratically elected Prime Minister, from the Center-Rightist Party, who steered Terra through its first hurdles and growing pains as a newly sovereign nation in the decolonial era.

Cranford’s administration saw slow but steady economic growth, the birth of a professionalized standing military for Terra, and negotiation of several key treaties with foreign powers in the local system and in farther flung galaxies.

The administration suffered criticism for its failure to stop numerous terrorist attacks carried out by The Way, resulting in many deaths, and for Cranford’s apparent over-reliance on the Terran intelligence director’s counsel – a relationship many, especially those in Parliament and representing diplomatic missions of foreign powers, saw as suspect, fraught, and ethically dubious.

Terra’s second elected Prime Minister was Luís Roberto Galdámez y Rosa, who began his political career as a fierce critic of the Cranford administration and promised sweeping reforms to stabilize and normalize Terran governance. Galdámez was not long for Terran national politics, and swiftly lost office in the next elections with Cranford returning to power.

Our First Crisis: Cranford’s Assassination, The Galdámez Commission, and Rhea Vaeros

Cranford too, stalwart though he was, could not continue his political reign forever. The Terran people suffered an enormous blow with Cranford’s sudden, terrifying assassination, perpetrated by the mysterious Jacqueline Rose (aka Whisper) in a series of explosions on Government Center – that Greco-Roman-Turkic beauty built as a shining beacon of Terran idealism and democratic values. The damage lingered for years, forcing Parliament and other agency heads to relocate across Wing City and even to Van Leugen.

Galdámez returned to office as an interim measure before elections could take place again, with monitors and security ever-present to ensure the safety of the Terran people against saboteurs and terrorists alike.

When the Terran people finished casting their ballots, the results were clear. Terra would now be governed by Rhea Vaeros.

Our Modern Era: Salma Y. H. Khayyam’s Expansionist Ideals and Parliament Reorganized

Following Galdámez’s government, Rhea Vaeros oversaw the TNG in a tumultuous period of further insurrection, civil unrest, and further incursions onto Terra's sovereignty. Vaeros ceded power to Andrew Pinheiro da Varona, who first served Terra as the interim director of the then-new Terran Intelligence Bureau, and who represented a return to strong defense and centralized government – a bulwark against encroaching chaos, rebellion, and the ever-present threat of future invasion. Varona’s administration oversaw successful reconstruction in the aftermath of constitutional crisis and rampant terrorism.

Following Pinheiro's government, Salma Y. H. Khayyam took power in the most recent Terran elections, which also saw a completely new Parliamentary political scene with the disappearance of the old vanguard and founding of new parties for a modern era.

Descended from ancestors with roots in Hafirjan, Issunar, and Therrier-Paix, Salma Khayyam is a committed nationalist, who believes in expanding Terran influence and territorial control throughout the Sol system, to increase Terra’s prosperity and foster a stronger sense of national unity while strengthening local power.

Khayyam is trained as an intellectual property lawyer, and left her position as a named partner in the powerhouse Therrier-Paix firm of Weinberg Hwang Khayyam & Quahog LLP to enter Terran politics. She maintains close relationships with a number of powerful corporate former clients as well as some local socially progressive charitable organizations.

Khayyam is the oldest of five children to her parents. Her wife, Foluyinka Olugbemi, avoids politics as much as possible, and is a successful neurosurgeon at Van Leugen University Hospital. They have no children.

At this juncture, Khayyam’s administration has faced harshest criticism for its failure to address growing civil unrest in Wing City’s always turbulent municipal zone, and failure to contain the growing threat of the rebelling Terra Nova Empire.

Our Shadows: Rubano Malijin, Elizabeth Innes-Ker Cranford, and Arianne Drulović

Terra’s history is not without its shadows – those figures looming in our past whose deeds many would rather relegate to forgotten history for all the disquiet they bring.

Terra saw the rise and fall of Center-Rightist parliamentarian Rubano Malijin, whose campaign to consolidate power over Parliament and the Prime Minister’s office reached its peak with his near-ouster of Terran Intelligence Director Arianne Drulović over her involvement in war crimes and crimes against humanity prior to her tenure within the TNG.

Terra saw the political machinations of Elizabeth Innes-Ker Cranford, widowed with her husband Edward Cranford’s assassination, nearly escaping public notice for her graft and philandering without political title while amassing questionable funds.

Terra’s people have survived much – now it is our turn to prosper.

(OOC: I welcome ideas for involvement and collaboration, so if you are interested in any of these plotlines, or something else involving the TNG’s always screwy affairs, please feel free to contact me.)
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

Stunning letter from autistic survivor of electric shock torture in USA

Ylanne
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!