Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

The Mutations

The Mutations

a part of “The Mutations”, a fictional universe by Soul_Alchemist.

There's no turning back now

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Mutations”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Mutations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:17 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Mutations"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: The Mutations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:43 pm

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask here and I'll answer them as best I can.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:58 pm

So before I start on my character, I was wondering something.

I'm curious as to what the limits of these mutations are. Like, do these mutations affect just the individual itself, or are we allowed to have powers that, say, can affect surroundings/objects/other people as well?
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:01 pm

There isn't really a limit to what the mutation can be, just so long as it isn't obviously overpowered. And there is always the chance that if this goes on long enough powers can begin to evolve somewhat as well.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Ooh, I think I'd like to hop in on this with my berserker if I can. Will try and throw together some kind of profile shortly.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:25 pm

I think I'll step in and claim the power of sound control if I may. I should have a character profile in soon enough.

Zalgo
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:27 pm

So far no characters have been submitted so no powers have been taken but I'll reserve you that mutation Zalgo.

I look forward to seeing everyone characters ^_^

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:41 pm

Oh, one quick question, what would the age range be for the mutants?

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:47 pm

The youngest any of them can be is 13, as that's generally when the mutation occurs. I plan on having the child mentioned in the intro come into play later as something special. Aside from that they can be as old as you want. The idea is that this has been going on for decades now and the public has no idea how long exactly.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Ah no problem, I was just making sure you didn't have a hard limit for when this started in mind. Profile incoming!

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:53 am

You know what, I think I'd like to throw my hat into the proverbial ring here and join this thing if you don't mind me doing so--it's been a while since I have actually roleplayed and setups like the one you have here always intrigue me because they're enough to trigger my imagination~

If you don't mind me doing so, I know that you said that powers were on a first come, first served basis, would it be possible for me to lay claim to a power ahead of profile submission? If that's all right, I'd like to reserve the power of telekinesis for my gal.
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Jakuri-chan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:32 am

Huh, I'm spotting a lot of familiar faces here.

Anyway if allowed I'd like to also lay claim to a mutation. Psychokinesis. I'd like to recreate this guy in a new setting.

Wake
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:52 am

I'm going to add that to the intro here in a minute, but yes, I'm fine with reserving powers. So, these are the ones reserved so far, including yours Jakuri-chan and Wake.
Sonic Abilities
Telekinesis
Psychokinesis
Shapeshifting

A have a friend who's working on a shapeshifter for this story, but she's having to work from her phone so it's going a little slow.

About to edit this into the intro and look over any submitted characters.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:13 am

I've got berserker rage/chemical energy combustion...which're fairly obscure, but the combustion one might extend into heat/fire related abilities that are fairly common?

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:53 am

I don't mind characters having similar abilities so long as they aren't the same. Like psychokinesis (pyrokinesis specifically) is a psychic ability, so another character can have fire abilities, so long as they aren't from the same source.

Or at least that's how I see it. I just don't want there to be 5 characters with the exact same ability, you know?

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:00 pm

That's cool. Kor's is heat-related 100% biological, a conversion of chemical energy through mutant cells, so it differs from anything psychic. It's also not fire manipulation, not directly...though if you press a superheated appendage against a heap of dry wood or something fire is most likely what you'd get.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Okay, so all the characters that have been submitted have been approved. Wake, just finish Arson whenever you can. Also, Val may end up calling him Prince Albert.

And on a side note, I don't mind cussing in this rp so long as no one else does. If, that is, it isn't a swear word every other word or things like that. I usually mention this stuff in the introductions of my rps but I'm still a bit rusty I guess.

Hopefully we can get things started sometime tomorrow or Monday.

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:32 pm

Well, looks like this RP's gotten some more attention since last night. (Hi Wake.) As things are, I've submitted Isaia for your viewing pleasures. Uh, I hope you're okay with how absurdly weak her telekinesis actually is for the moment.... And that you're overall okay with her in general, honestly, I usually put a lot more into my character sheets but I felt comfortable enough with the note I ended on with Isaia.

EDIT: Frig, all right so I had to abandon my first submission for Isaia because my browser glitched on me apparently and rendered her name as "Is." I've resubmitted her, sorry about that.

Jakuri-chan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

With my character profile I've finally got some images tied up to it so I can say with some certainty that the Olivia's profile is complete.

Though it could also said that her profile will never be done until she is dead. With every change she undergoes her profile will be adapted to reflect her current self if that's alright.

Zalgo
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:07 pm

Soul_Alchemist wrote:Okay, so all the characters that have been submitted have been approved. Wake, just finish Arson whenever you can. Also, Val may end up calling him Prince Albert.

I didn't get the reference so I went on a google search for the term. Oh... oh god. X'D

Anyway I should have him done relatively soon, hopefully before I leave for work this afternoon. It's interesting that you mention cussing though as I imagined Arson as a bit of a potty mouth ^^; but I'll keep it to something of a minimum.

Also Hi Jakuri, hey Zalgo

Wake
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!