Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

The Neverland Conflict (Peter Pan with a twist)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Neverland Conflict (Peter Pan with a twist)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Sun May 03, 2015 6:17 am

Alright so I was up tonight around 5 am watching the movie " Hook" which is the story of Peter Pan after peter comes to the real world with wendy's daughter in the Disney universe so bear with me a little.

My idea is a dark twist on this beloved story, mainly the whole adults against kids. In the movie Hook the second 'Pan' ,Rufio, says a line similar to this

" All adults are pirates, we kill pirates."

So this is the conflict I wanna focus on, but to keep it in tie with the story a bit I'd like to keep some of the key figures
such as Pan, Hook, Tinkerbell, and a host of others.

Ehh my thoughts are a bit scattered at the moment so let me just go ahead and summarize my idea.

There is a curse, spell, or something that causes some children to no longer age this would be known as the Lost boy curse.
with Peter Pan being the first lost boy, it's commonly thought that having a lost boy around is dangerous and could doom the whole community so they are cast out or killed on the spot in some cases.

Years go by and Pan turns into somewhat of a boogie man, and that he is the cause of the curse. Captain James Hook leads a group against Pan in order to capture or kill him and his "lost boys". This leads to a war against adults and seemingly children.
Needless to say that this causes some emotional issues to all involved. I want us to explore those deeper basic emotions and how they impact our characters, be it external or internal. If I get a few folks to at least take interest in on this I will gladly write up a plot point and we can weave a story together that is hopefully gripping and heart-wrenching.

Thank you for reading my rambles, please post even if you are not interested, idea's and criticism is well welcomed.
-Jack-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: The Neverland Conflict (Peter Pan with a twist)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thedoctorscompanion on Sun May 03, 2015 8:59 pm

This sounds awesome! I'd love to be a part of it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thedoctorscompanion
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Mon May 04, 2015 5:06 pm

awesome, any suggestions? Care to hammer out a half decent plot?

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 7 years
Author Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anvil on Tue May 05, 2015 2:49 pm

This is a really good idea! Whether its the fact that I love the film hook, or my love of dark twists, this looks really interesting :)
"Jake groaned and rolled onto his side."

The Master Roleplayer was born...

anvil
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Thu May 07, 2015 9:04 pm

anvil wrote:This is a really good idea! Whether its the fact that I love the film hook, or my love of dark twists, this looks really interesting :)

Well yay I'm glad to see folks interested, like I said before i'd like to get a halfway decent plot hashed out before actually starting this. So even if you don't plan to be in it please feel free to spit ball ideas.

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Sat May 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Not my usual RP type, but it sounds frickin' awesome!

I wanna be in it!

I don't exactly have any ideas atm, but would love to be HOOK! <3

SaxyLady15
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NonHuman on Sat May 09, 2015 8:29 pm

This sounds wonderfully interesting! I will gladly join.

NonHuman
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Sun May 10, 2015 9:01 am

Thedoctorscompanion wrote:

anvil wrote:

SaxyLady15 wrote:

NonHuman wrote:

Well I'll be damned, we've got enough folks to make this interesting. Well if you guys want I will start throwing up some plot points, you guys can chat about possible characters and their importance or just BS around til i'm done, might take a few days but I think it'll turn out great. I am gonna have a slightly odd format for the character sheets so I can weed out "drop outs"
or at least understand that they are gonna be here only for a few post.

Current it is 1000 EST and i've been up for a while , if you guys read this within that time feel free to IM me and brain storm.

^^

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LogantheCope on Sun May 10, 2015 9:23 am

Woah this sounds right up my alley. I can see that there's going to be a lot of psychological conflicts as well seeing as the adults vs kids (kinda) aspect will probably cause some problems. Im gunna stick around and wait for it to be thrown together :)
“I still get nightmares. In fact, I get them so often I should be used to them by now. I'm not. No one ever really gets used to nightmares.” - House Of Leaves

"Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit." - Twenty One Pilots

LogantheCope
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Mon May 11, 2015 10:55 pm

When you say 'throw out ideas' are you talking about in general? Or maybe a specific part, like what motivates Hook to war?

I was thinking... maybe Hook is robbed by the Lost boys, or they vandalize his ship one too many times?

SaxyLady15
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NonHuman on Mon May 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Since it is called the Lost Boy Curse, I was thinking that for a character, it could be a female with the curse that simply keeps herself disguised as a male. If that would be fine with you.

NonHuman
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rari on Tue May 12, 2015 1:40 am

This is Jack on Rari's account

NonHuman wrote:Since it is called the Lost Boy Curse, I was thinking that for a character, it could be a female with the curse that simply keeps herself disguised as a male. If that would be fine with you.

That'd be fine, the "lost boys curse" might nto end up being it's actual name, think of it as a "working term" for the moment until we get something nailed down.

SaxyLady15 wrote:
When you say 'throw out ideas' are you talking about in general? Or maybe a specific part, like what motivates Hook to war?

I was thinking... maybe Hook is robbed by the Lost boys, or they vandalize his ship one too many times?

what i had played around in my head with Hook and Pan is simply this.

Hook, Pan and Wendy were the first "lost boys" (just a term we can use for now might not be the end term)
And after years of dealing with this Hook found a way to break the curse, you had to kill another "lost boy"
So since Hook couldn't kill Peter ( not for lack of trying) he settled on Wendy, this causes Peter to seek revenge on Hook.

Hook simply wants to remove the lost boys curse from existence and seeks for a (less harsh way) of doing it.

and yes Ideas in general or plot or motivation anything is fine to spit ball on this interest check as it servers for a sort of guide line for when I set down and write out the plot.

the whole vandalism thing could happen anyways and add to Hooks irritation with Pan.

I don't know about you guys I like having roleplays were the villains could just as easily be a good guy in a different light, giving them more depth in my option. Just a thought.
Need...More...Coffee...

Rari
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm not saying Hook HAS to be a villain, it could be that Pan did something to Hook, maybe Hook and Wendy were romantically involved, and Pan took Hook's lady?

Just a different viewpoint.

SaxyLady15
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXcandlejackXx on Thu May 14, 2015 8:46 am

Could be a thing Saxy. I hope that this idea takes off I just need to see some more than a passing interest in it to actually want to put the time and effort into this even if it flops and only last a few pages.

xXcandlejackXx
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!