Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Multiverse

The Multiverse Open!

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Owner: Remæus
Game Masters: Remæus, Ylanne, Patcharoo, lostamongtrees
Tags: #adventure · #collaborative · #combat · #crossover · #endless · #exploration · #freeform · #futuristic · #genreshifting · #guildplay · #inspiration · #inspire · #legends · #lore · #magic · #mecha · #metaverse · #multi-genre · #multiverse · #open · #original · #persistent · #persistent-world · #rpg · #sandbox · #science-fiction · #space · #spacepunk · #storytelling · #technopunk · #titans · #verse · #warriors · #worldbuilding (Add Tags »)

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

Tag Characters » Add to Arc »

INK

{OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-new-adventure-begins-moved-from-multiverse-cafe-t34096.html}

Zola stepped in through the dark portal that Tyro had created.
I wonder where Tyro made this one lead to? she thought mindlessly.
She looked back to find the entrance of the portal and was saw that it had closed, the light from the multiverse cafe disappeared before her eyes.
She looked around, suddenly feeling anxious. Where was Tyro? she thought.
Slight panic kicked in as darkness swirled around her. This is just a transportation portal, she reminded herself, if I just stay still, it will take me to whatever place Tyro decided.

But still, seconds seem to slow down into lengths of hours as she floated in the darkness. She scowled at the vortex surrounding her. The nothingness unnerved her. It reminded her of that... being...

Zola shuddered, not wanting to think about that at the moment.
Instead she kept her focus, wondering where the portal was leading her in the silence.

"Hello there Zola, we haven't spoken for a long time"

She froze, her eyes narrowing. It was that voice. Again. Memories flooded her as dread filled her heart.
It had come to haunt her again. Why couldn't it just leave her alone? Forget about what had happened?
She gritted her teeth and glared around, drawing her sword quickly.

"You again! What do you want?" She snapped.

The voice in the darkness laughed. "What do I want? What kind of question is that, Zola?"

She held her sword so tightly that her knuckles were white.
"Show yourself!" She said coldly.

The voice just laughed cruelly.
"I already have, Zola. Haven't you realised yet?"
The silky voice was mocking and Zola felt a bead of sweat run down from her forehead.
"I am the Darkness around you. I am the very being of Darkness. I live all around you. I am all around you. And now, I live in your heart. Always."

Zola felt anger fill her. "No you don't! You don't know anything about me!" She yelled, "Stop lying!"

"Oh, so I'm lying now?"
Zola froze as the same voice now suddenly rang through inside her head as if it was within her.
She cringed as a chill rippled down her spine. Her head rang with cold laughter.

"Tell me, Zola, what are you going to do with the Light stone after you fight the Demon Lord with it? What are your true intentions?"

She scowled. "That's none of your business." She said coldly. "Why does a being of darkness care about what I think?"

"If I remember correctly, Zola, your business is now every bit mine now."
The voice was soft, but threatening - a silent reminder.

She shuddered. "I take that all back now!" She shouted, "I never wanted your help!"

"And yet you borrowed my powers. Tell me, did you not love the feel of the power of darkness coursing through you? Did you not?"

Zola paled slightly. She did not answer, but kept her mind steady and alert for any danger, ignoring the question.

"But don't worry," The voice purred in her head, "I will make good use of you soon. I have great plans for you in the future. And then you'll have all the power in the world."

Zola let out a frustrated cry. "No one controls me! No one! Do you understand that? And no one ever will!"
In terrible rage she swung her sword around dangerously in the darkness, as if trying to slice a being in half. But her weapon just cut through the vortex and empty air.

The being of Darkness laughed.

"Do you not realise it? How stupid can you get, Zola? Did I really help someone like you?" The voice paused for a moment, considering something. "And yet, you long for power. It's here within your heart... I am within you Zola. And soon, very soon, I will be you... Once I drive out all the Light and Hope within you. Darkness will rule your soul..."

She screamed in rage as a strange, cold pain filled from her chest. She struck empty air again with her sword; her silver eyes slightly crazed. "Never!" She screamed. "Never!"

"You wanted my help... You agreed... We made a pact then, Zola... I keep my promises... You should keep yours..."
The voice was beginning to fade away and Zola breathed heavily, willing it to go.
"But until the time comes, Zola, if you ever decide you need my powers earlier, I'll be more than glad to lend you some and keep my side of the pact we made years ago..."

She closed her eyes as the voice faded away into silence in her head. She felt rough wind hit her face as her body speeded along the portal to its destination.
Then she felt her body hit the earth with a thud, lying face down on the ground.
She felt exhausted and kept her eyes closed, listening for sounds. Were the others close by? Had they all arrived safely?
Until then, she wanted to rest for a bit. Her encounter with the Darkness again had drained her of energy.
She sighed inwardly. She knew she had to hurry on her journey.

Her past was catching up to her...

But first, she had to wait for the others.
Zola had to gain their trust, before her past revealed themselves...