Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism »

Players Wanted: Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! »

The New Mage Guild: Amaranth

a part of “The New Mage Guild: Amaranth”, a fictional universe by Temperance.

Taking place shortly after Natsu and company stopped the Eisenwald Guild in Oshibana Town. An up-and-coming Guild decided to station itself in place of Eisenwald. Now Oshibana Town has it's own certified Guild; Amaranth.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The New Mage Guild: Amaranth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:58 am

Welcome to the Out of Character page for The New Mage Guild: Amaranth

Please use this OOC for discussions about the roleplay as frequently as possible.
Last edited by Temperance on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Temperance
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Re: The New Mage Guild: Amaranth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:04 am

I am certainly interested in joining. May I please reserve the remaining S-rank mage of Amaranth, please? Thank you very much for your help :) I'll have her done as soon as I can.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 am

Well for the most part I do not take reservations, and base my choosings on profiles. But from your history of profiles/postings, you're sitting quite well with your chance of getting it. As long as you have a good profile, I will accept it as an S rank.

Temperance
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:31 am

Will do. Do you have a rough idea of what your character will be like? If so, could you brief me on him/her, please? I would like to make my character clash as much as possible with yours - in terms of both personalities and abilities. :)

Layla
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:44 am

Ah, in terms of abilities I have Requip as one of them - need to go over the rest of the abilities. (If you were thinking of that for yours just tell me, there's plenty others I would not mind having lol. Personality hmmm...I will get back to you and edit this XD.

Temperance
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:05 am

@Temperance
I'll make my character once you edit your post :) Vague personality descriptions are fine lol. I just want it so our characters clash. Like if your character's stern and law-abiding, mine will be reckless and uncaring. If yours uses their powers only when necessary, mine will be all use-powers-every-other-second-for-menial-tasks haha. If yours is the hard working, mine will be one lazy ass xD By the way, I won't be able to make my character until tomorrow.

Layla
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 am

I have my character sheet posted as a WIP though I might change the last three abilities the personality will be something like what's on there. Might change it some. Nothing drastic though. And that's fine, however if you do know any of the abilities you want now, I might suggest posting a WIP listing them just so no one else takes them before you are able to post. If not it's fine XP.

Temperance
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Black Death on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:33 am

May I reserve two spots? One for the Amaranth (A or B rank) and one for the Dark Guild (S rank)? I may not be able to write at the moment though... I need to finish with Agarwaen in Welcome to Shadow Town first but then I will work with both of them...

Thank you.

The Black Death
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:44 am

Unfortunately my phone will not allow me to make characters >.< So is it alright if I state the abilities I wish my character to have here instead, please? Here are her powers in order of strongest to weakest:

Heavenly Body Magic
Human subordination
White fire magic (basically fire magic but with white flames)
Chain Magic

Layla
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Alright, as far as reserving goes - I don't reserve. However, with an A or B, you should be fine.
And Layla, I am really iffy on having a character with human subordination, you will either need to tread lightly, or pick something different.

Temperance
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Will do :) Do you think I should replace human subordination with celestial spirit magic or Magic drain? By the way, I'll have my character up in a few hours.

Edit: I shall go for celestial spirit magic for now. Though many of her Keys will be quite useless (like Plue,) just to make her a funnier character :P

Layla
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:47 am

Alrighty, still need to finish my character when I'm less busy x.x.
But that sounds better to me, thank you.

Temperance
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:21 am

Hello :) I've submitted my character but I'm a little confused about something. Under Spell List, there's 'Spell~Type 1' so umm... Can you only have one spell for each of your powers...? So if you had fire magic and you could throw spheres of fire, that'd be the only thing you could do? But on your character's profile, the 1st spell has multiple armours.

By the way, I added some stuff about Issabella and Freya's relationship with each other. If there's anything you'd like to change or add, please tell me and I'll fix it :)

Layla
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Black Death on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am

Excuse me, would you mind giving us the pictures or at least the description of the Guilds' symbols (both Amaranth and the Dark Guild - Crimson Blade)?

The Black Death
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Layla wrote:Hello :) I've submitted my character but I'm a little confused about something. Under Spell List, there's 'Spell~Type 1' so umm... Can you only have one spell for each of your powers...? So if you had fire magic and you could throw spheres of fire, that'd be the only thing you could do? But on your character's profile, the 1st spell has multiple armours.

By the way, I added some stuff about Issabella and Freya's relationship with each other. If there's anything you'd like to change or add, please tell me and I'll fix it :)

Ah no, its basically more like...'magic type 1 spells' and so forth. Just list the ones that you have for each type on each line. Your strongest/main or whatever you want to call it will have the most abilities within it for sure. And no problem with the relationship stuff, works out great for me o3o.

@ TheBlackDeath: I will look for pictures today for that and post them for you guys C:

Edit: For the crimson blades:

As for Amaranth, since it means an imaginary flower that never dies, I had trouble finding something that wasn't actually a girly flower - so I found vines.

Temperance
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Merchant on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:16 am

Hello I would like to join.

I my abilities wildd be

Archive/telepathy
Illusion
Dark Ecriture

I would like some kind of Locate ability that allows me to find objects, people, and weak points in armour or people.

I want everything to be tied through Archive I basically plan on having my own personal magic computer that treats the worlds as the internet. I don't know what rank that would make me though. Any suggestions.

I think I'll go with the non dark guild since the dark guild already has telepathy And these powers don't seem to dark to me. Except Dark Ecriture of course.

Merchant
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Hey, I recently submitted a character to the roleplay. I based him around being a 'main antagonist' type character, and if that's not okay, just say so. I tried my best to keep him balanced, to avoid creating a character that is overpowered, but if there is any problem at all let me know and I can change things around. Along with this, I added some involvement between him and the head of Crimson Blades, which can be changed if you would like it to be. It also means I'd need cooperation and some communication with anyone who plans to play the head of the dark guild, in which I am all for some collaboration, and not just on that element!

P.S. I can't see the symbol for the Crimson Blades. I don't know if that's my computers doing or not, hahah.
날 밀어내도 난 다시 네게로 다가가서

coricidinForte
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:08 am

Temperance, just wanted to say Black Death and I have interwoven our characters' pasts together.

For all Crimson Blade members, know that Freya Hirane was once a part of the Crimson Blades guild but left after K'Brak (Presently an S-class Crimson Blade member of The Black Death's) killed a dear friend - Keiko. Keiko, K'Brak and Freya were once on the same team and were best friends. Keiko, however, began to question the guild's dark workings and asked for her teammates to leave. Freya agreed with her, while K'Brak wished to stay. He was most likely ordered by Crimson Blade's guild master to kill the two, but Freya escaped. My character left 7 years ago (so if you joined prior to the 7 years, you would know Freya :))

Also, most, if not all, members of Amaranth would not know of Freya's past with Crimson Blade.

Hope you're alright with this, Temperance?

@CoricidinForte
I can see the image O: It's basically two swords placed into a cross.

Layla
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 am

Then it's just my computer simply letting me down. :P Thanks for the description, now I know. And knowing is half the battle.
Not sure what type of battle I'm fighting though.

Nice information about you and your comrade's characters! Good to know!

coricidinForte
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Merchant on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 am

Sorry. Just submitted a character. Could you not accept him. Or maybe accept him as an NPC. I just thought of a better character idea and plot helpful. I'll try to submit it ASAP.

Merchant
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!