Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

The Next Generation

a topic in Ghalerion, a part of the RPG forum.

Description Pending

The Next Generation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Ghalerion was and always will be in the minds of many people one of the most grand and bold roleplays that has ever been hosted and played on RoleplayGateway. Sporting an impressive cast of excellent characters and quality players, a large-scale interactive world, and no shortage of action, ever since it was placed on hiatus, there has been something of a vortex sitting in this fantasy subforum, a void that needs to be filled. Countless players have contacted me, PM'ed me, IM'ed me, and more asking about the status of Ghalerion and whether they could get involved, whether they could play a part, whether they could rebuild it.

So with that introduction complete, I can get to the point here. I have every intent in mind of reviving Ghalerion and again bringing back the world that had the potential to make legends and myths that most have only conjured in the furthest depths of their imagination. What does this mean?

It means that you are needed.

If Ghalerion is ever going to come alive, ever going to come back on its feet once more, it's going to take every player we can find with the will and what it takes to make the world again what it once was.

So here and now, with this very post, at last after quite literally a full year of inactivity, Ghalerion is revived. If there's even the slightest bit of interest left here, even one single player wanting to join along, I'll do everything I can to make sure that they get the rich and full experience Ghalerion has offered to do different generations of players long past.

Let's begin anew and forge a new generation, one whose myths and legends will far surpass those of ages old.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: The Next Generation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Oh, why, it's only befitting that I am to be that first player to step up. =)

Together! We'll scale the highest mountains! Climbing the highest walls! And kill the Special Forces of our foes! For We are to bring about a new age! =o

Nice rant, huh? XD

Can't wait for Mandrachite to hit this up.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Matthias
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:41 pm

I find it rather unfortunate that I never had a chance to be part of what looks to be an excellent large scale RP with lots of backing. I'd love it if this got back up and running.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:25 pm

I have no idea what Ghalerion is, but I like the large scale that is implied.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:32 pm

I've never been one for Fantasy, but I suppose I need to broaden my experience, and I've heard too many good things to turn this down, so sign me up.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:14 pm

I am so IN! I looked at the original, and would love to be a part of this!
Hey, read my fiction! http://www.fictionpress.com/~twindeath Reviews are appreciated.
Könnt ihr mich hören?
Könnt ihr mich sehen?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:42 pm

Wow, I wasn't aware that the response would be this large in so short a time already. I was expecting maybe one or two to post and want in. XD But with that said, I don't see why we should hesitate any longer. I'm going to make a new introduction thread (Like what I did last time - it'll contain a list of characters and links to them and the content, and weekly summaries of what's taken place in the RP so that new members can join.) and get up a first post as soon as possible.

What the rest of you interested need to do is take a look at the Introduction thread (You honestly don't need to read everything, I know it's huge and overwhelming. XD) and get an idea for how Ghalerion is styled and what races there are and all that good stuff. After that, make a character profile, send it to me. I'll review it, probably accept it, and then you can post it in the character profiles section and I'll link it.

That's all there is to it. Let's get this thing started.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:35 pm

I will be stepping up for the return of this Epic RPG.

Behold my Mage!

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MariusIgnis on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Count me in. I assume there's no given template for a character profile.

MariusIgnis
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:27 am

MariusIgnis wrote:Count me in. I assume there's no given template for a character profile.

Just take a look at the available races in the "READ FIRST" stickied post and work from there.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AaronW on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:39 am

I want in. We shall fight and conquer any opposing forces, and we shall rise once more.

FOR GHALERION!

AaronW
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fairymar on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:15 am

I would personally love to join.
Can't scape together quite enough to ride a bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love.

fairymar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:20 pm

It would be nice to see this brought back, Kouketsu. This was really something epic that I missed out on, and would join if it actually came back.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdiiLove on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:19 am

From what I've heard, and what I've read, I'm sorry I missed out on this roleplay. But if it's coming back, then count me in!
Imagine That! - AdiiLove - SilentButterflies - fangbanger <--- Romantic Lampreys <3

AdiiLove
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:02 am

Signing back on.

Reboot!

Again, we can make this epic tale come to life.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Kouketsu said we are allowed to RP in the world of Ghalerion, and that he most likely won't be returning to Roleplay.

Edge, want to hit me up on IM or PM?

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!