Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

The Nightwing's Voyage

The Nightwing's Voyage

a part of “The Nightwing's Voyage”, a fictional universe by HOLYCRAPAGHOST.

It's the year 4035. There are 12 planets registered with the Intergalactic Council; ambassadors whom work together to keep the universe at peace. However, the Ambassadors have kept secrets, secrets that may reveal the lost history of humans. [CLOSED]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Nightwing's Voyage”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Nightwing's Voyage

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:29 am

Is it just me or has nothing happened for a while?
I can keep myself sane because I’ve got my candy gun!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HOLYCRAPAGHOST on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 am

Sorry guys, the lack of posting is probably my fault. I'm recently single after a two year relationship, so I've managed to slip into the "I don't even wanna move" mode. Sorry again.

Anyway. I will get working on a post, so we can get everyone back to the ship, or...something...else I'm not quite sure yet. Heh.

Just sit tight.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HOLYCRAPAGHOST
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:36 pm

I honestly just got out of that mood, Jeanette. I sorry for yous. :c

No one can blame you.... at least not without getting beateded ups by me. >:c

FamishedPants
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:58 am

9 out of 10 experts agree, being recently single is no fun. Sorry to hear about that.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:12 am

9 out of 10 experts also agree that while not fun you get over it eventually.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Interesting, that means that

81% of experts say you get over it
9% of experts say you don’t get over it
10% of experts say it’s fun!

Which means more experts have fun breaking up than cannot get over it.

1 out of 1 cucumber agrees that this kind of math is fun.

---

Not fun: one of my friends died. Funeral tomorrow. Cheering myself up with math humor is allowed, right?

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:33 pm

So much depression! Well, for all, fuck the world. It can suck my dick sometimes, but hopefully, it'll be nice and pleasant long enough for everyone (myself included) to at least recover. I am sorry for any loses.

Also, Eddie will EVENTUALLY make a comeback. With strawberries for awkwardness. :3

FamishedPants
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HOLYCRAPAGHOST on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Haha thanks guys. That was definitely needed. And sorry to you as well, Famished and Cucumber. I've been doing okay, though. Me and my ex are still on a good talking basis, so all is well, for now.

There have been some issues with, who I thought was a friend, calling me a home-wrecking bitch, but that's the only time I've felt really awful.

Anyway. Sorry, again, for the lack of posting. I'm going through all the RPs I'm in and getting posts done. Trying to get back into the swing of things. Haha.

HOLYCRAPAGHOST
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Reality as a whole is a string of suffering till at last the faint candle which is our life is snuffed out and goes unnoticed by the infinite other candles shining brightly, and equally unnoticed by the rest of creation around them.

Existence is a rather depressing and melancholy affair when you take a long hard look at it.

Fabricator
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Wow, so much has happened suddenly! *frantic reading*
Hey look! A signature! :B
Anyone who wants a free drawing of their OC, pm me! (check if I'm a decent artist first)
"If this were one of those forums in which people quote each other in their signatures, you would have been added to mine now." ~cucumbersome
Google+

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:15 am

I can’t find the bit of text that says so (I must be looking in the wrong place), but I remember reading that humans are one of the lesser species in this universe, or at least among those that are under the Council. The firni have to be superior to the average sentient species, otherwise they couldn’t stay independent, but at the same time they’re quite similar to humans. So I have to ask myself in which ways firni are superior to humans, and also in which ways they are inferior, so the species design doesn’t become boring. What I have so far is this:

Inferior:
- not as omnivorous as humans
- lack of contact with other firni causes insanity
- oversensitive to some drugs
- more arrogant
- more likely to have moments of strong negative emotions?
- ???

Superior:
- somewhat better technology
- a little stronger and faster
- much better sense of smell
- venomous! :D
- much less likely to harm each other
- faster healing (mostly because I’m a lazy writer)

I guess that’s hardly above average.

I figured maybe I could make them less vulnerable to disease, got an idea for a mechanism that protects against hereditary diseases... and then I noticed it would work so well there would be no reason for them to have an incest taboo... so... maaaaaybe it’s not such a good idea for a species one wants to write stories about, especially not when there is a reason they tend to touch each other a lot and the characters are siblings :S .
On the other hand the same idea provides a convenient excuse for giving them three genders, which is kind of cool. Also, it’s an opportunity to let my characters think other species are weird. So I dunno.

Well, I suppose I can still use the idea without anything squicky happening.

Next time I join a roleplay, my characters will be human, so there will be no problem with applying human standards of appropriateness to them.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Hmm... I should make something that documents how Humans have changed via Evolution. Have you a problem with it, Jeanette, simply state so. Nothing I put would really contradict anything so far, and it should work out. Mostly, it's for the lulz.

Pros:

>In physical aspects, they are better than their real-life counterparts by a minimal degree.
>Due to their lack of natural defensive mechanisms (Claws, toxins, etc.) they are generally accepted everywhere.
>In terms of weaponry, Human manfucaturers produce the best weapons in regards to firepower. Generally.
>Immune to a lot of diseases that are fatal to other species. Generally resistant to diseases.
>Only species who can sport an afro and still look good.
>Now able to drink a gallon of milk in an hour.
>One of few species capable of breeding with a different race.
>Producers of the best movies, video games and fiction books.

Cons:

>Due to near-extinction, male and female humans are naturally more sexually active as a tool for repopulation.
>Because of the very high chance for pregnancy, some human settlements have a very high amount of teen pregnancies.
>To the horror of some woman, men no longer have a refractory period. (FOR THE LULZ~!)
>There is a month each year, where males are more sexually active than they aready are.
>Even with all the medical advancements, humans are susceptible to the common cold.
>Without proper training, humans are very vulnerable without weapons.
>Out of the majority of species, humans have the shortest lifespans. (Average death for males would be 94.5 now, due to illogical bullshit evolution, much as everything I've listed, actually).

Hmm.... sounds legit~

FamishedPants
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 am

FamishedPants wrote:>Due to near-extinction, male and female humans are naturally more sexually active as a tool for repopulation.

This is a con?

>To the horror of some woman, men no longer have a refractory period. (FOR THE LULZ~!)

The horror of some, and the delight of others I'm sure :P .

BTW the refractory period actually has a purpose, the human male anatomy evolved to, erm, remove what is already "there". So you'd have to combine it with a very strong urge to go have sex with a different woman xD .

Or we could just ignore a bit of science and have the lulz. It's not hard ( ;) ) scifi, after all.

Fun fact: "lul" is a rude word in Dutch, its meaning is a body part appropriate to this conversation. For the lulz, indeed.

---

I should add to the firni pros that they're very good at cooperating with each other. It's kind of stating the obvious, but still.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Add to human Cons: Not as good at making robots as those who make androids. At least, not on Tom's home planet. Which is why Tom's form isn't as phosisticated as an android's.

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:57 am

Another firni con is of course the problem with being touched by anything that is alive or appears to be that isn’t a plant or from their planet.

I wonder if I should make Ip into a real character. He’s got a lot of personality for a piece of equipment.

Fun fact: Saein and Ann’s parents own about forty furnaks. This is considered only slightly more than average.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HOLYCRAPAGHOST on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Guys, I am so sorry that I have been non-existent lately. It's been a weird couple of weeks. I'm a bit busy right now, so I can't post today, but if anyone wants to give a rundown of what people have been doing, that would be nice.

And I can try and get a post done, hopefully, tomorrow after work.

HOLYCRAPAGHOST
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:43 am

Nothing important seems to have happened since you last posted.

- Saein sorted the spare parts closet a bit and fell asleep there. After which she went to the kitchen. She does not like being on a diet.

- Ann scanned some books. Then went to the kitchen.

- Tom asked Bond to show him the barracks, rested a bit, then went to the kitchen. IIRC Bond is still asleep, and confused when awake.

- Eddie went to the kitchen and received a handmade chess set as a birthday present. He would like to be in perfect health again, and wants to pilot the ship.

- Rokunam has difficulties with chairs, tables and plates. It’s not entirely comfortable for Tom either.

- Maria is an extreme extrovert.

- Animals are allowed in the kitchen. Minn likes Ip. Saein and Ann aren’t sure which of the many many pets of their parents is Ip’s mother.

- Minn is troubled by refound memories (we don’t know what they are, but the current planet seems to be important), and still is an amazing cook. She has left the kitchen to lie down, or is about to do so.

- After repeated hints from Ann, Saein has left the kitchen to talk with Minn and/or sleep.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:24 am

*pokes RP with a stick* Is it dead?

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 am

I hope not. I was enjoying this. Just waiting for Lloyd to post. LLOYD. POST.

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EKRonnie on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:21 pm

it can't be dead :(
There's too much that still has to happen xD
Butter would not melt in my mouth. Well, it would melt. Of course it would melt, but very slowly.

EKRonnie
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!