Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library »

Players Wanted: Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players »

The Nightwing's Voyage

The Nightwing's Voyage

a part of “The Nightwing's Voyage”, a fictional universe by HOLYCRAPAGHOST.

It's the year 4035. There are 12 planets registered with the Intergalactic Council; ambassadors whom work together to keep the universe at peace. However, the Ambassadors have kept secrets, secrets that may reveal the lost history of humans. [CLOSED]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Nightwing's Voyage”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Nightwing's Voyage

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Yeah, like finding Earth. xD
Hey look! A signature! :B
Anyone who wants a free drawing of their OC, pm me! (check if I'm a decent artist first)
"If this were one of those forums in which people quote each other in their signatures, you would have been added to mine now." ~cucumbersome
Google+

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Oh, people are waiting on me? Well, geez, this is sort of awkward.

And this RP will never die, it's like Elemental Battles (one of my first RPs on this site), and it's still somewhat alive, albeit quiet (though, I'm still ashamed of myself for having ignored it hen I was playing a main character, a protagonist and even a god). RPs like that one and this last long for an obvious reason and another really good reason. One, the main roles are dedicated posters, and it seems like the dedicated RPers of this RP are HOLYCRAP, Ronnie, cucumber, Pants, Thomas, and though we don't get as many posting opportunities, Centi and I.

And the second reason, my favorite, as that we are all so tight on the OOC. I mean, I guess part of the reason is that because one can be endlessly creative in an RP set up like this (many similar RPs aren't as generic and free) we can spend a lot of time developing things about planets, species, technology and whatnot behind the scenes (Though, I can only recall cucumber and I in doing so.) And of course it's fun playing around with the ideas of intergalactic sexuality (at least all of you find it fun) and of course Thomas has his most rawsome (rawr+awesome) artwork, and generally you all know what I'm talking about. I must say, it's been a real pleasure RPing with you all (not that I'm leaving, absolutely never!)

Er, getting back to the RP, I didn't realize many of y'all were waiting on me, that's rare. Though, I guess I'm not waiting on anyone, I suppose it's just I haven't got any real good ideas for posting with, 'cause good RPing is like good storywriting, you never show the scene where nothing happens. I don't have writer's block, I just don't have anything outstanding going on in my mind, my mindset's been on video game modding, scriptwriting and story/fanfic writing (none of which I may be doing any time soon).

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lloyd999
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 pm

cucumbersome wrote:, and still is an amazing cook

I didn't see "Cook" the first time I read that...

Also, still here. Just adjusting to new RPs.

FamishedPants
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:35 am

FamishedPants wrote:
cucumbersome wrote:, and still is an amazing cook

I didn't see "Cook" the first time I read that...

You read “fook”, didn’t you.

On an unrelated note, the mechanism I had in mind to protect against recessive mutations - making a fertilized ovum die if any two chromosomes are identical - doesn’t work as well as I thought. I hadn’t considered the possibility of subsequent mutations. So if you get a bad gene from both parents, and one parent also has a different mutation on the damaged chromosome, you still get born. With a problem. Keeping this genetic trick does allow firni to evolve a bit faster, so I’m doing that. And I’m so glad they now do get to have an incest taboo.

Fun fact: I’m supposed to have a good understanding of genetics, cell biology and genetic-evolution-like algorithms in computer science. *shame*

It also turns out it’s pretty difficult to have three genders and not have one or two of the three go extinct. But I solved that issue this morning.

And now... to the postmobile!
I can keep myself sane because I’ve got my candy gun!

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:23 am

Let me just say...

D’awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

And LOL. That too. When I first made up Saein I never thought she’d end up in this situation.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:28 pm

It does appear that this RP is rather resilient to the prospect of it's own demise.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:44 am

If anyone reads the OOC before the IC: Warning! Mood whiplash!

This RP is much too awesome to die. Although some awesome things do die...

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Wowsers. That was intense. ...wow.

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Wowsers. That was intense. ...wow.
Also Lloyd, if you have no ideas, just write a short end to the conversation so Tom can go do something else without being rude :P

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:52 am

\__^___^__/

---

When someone I’m trying to interact with doesn’t post for too long, I sometimes write “X didn’t seem to be in the mood to talk, so Y excused himself and...”. It’s a bit rude to do that to another player, but at least the character isn’t being rude.

---

O.O Ann does have eyes. They don’t work but she does have them. (I know. Just being silly.)

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:37 am

Not a bad idea. I'll give him a little while longer though. :P
It actually seems as though you, Ronnie and I are the only participants in this RP atm... oh well. :L

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 am

Oh. Literally just read the activity thread. I'd better post soon or I'll be a hypocrite! D:

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Reading How a quarter of the cow genome came from snakes and Wasps use genes stolen from ancient viruses to make biological weapons, which gave me an idea.

In the nightwing universe (and many other scifi universes) humans can crossbreed with completely unrelated humanoid species (which evolved on different planets!). That makes no sense unless some type of horizontal gene transfer is happening, but that’s not supposed to happen so often and reliably.

Consider an alien parasite. It may be single celled, or it may be bigger than human if you happen to like gory horror. It reproduces by adding its DNA to the gametes of its host (or possibly by replacing that DNA entirely). Furthermore it can do this to multiple species, messing with their DNA as needed.
A human gets infected, and because this is not a host the parasite is adapted to, the DNA modification goes wrong. Or maybe it goes wrong for no reason. By coincidence this happens in such a way that human gametes can now fuse with almost anything and rearrange DNA to make it compatible. Of course there will only be offspring when the gestation period and some other things are similar enough (and that’s a good thing because otherwise there would be lots of human-animal hybrids :P ).

I like this explanation.

Oh, and of course, this ^^.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:20 pm

So much nothing going on at the moment! D:
I really hope people wake up soon and start posting, I honestly really enjoy participating in this story and it'd be a shame if it died.

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:58 am

Maybe if Holy said there IS a tripod synth stowaway on the ship, that would give some inactive people something to do?

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:20 am

*pokes the RP with a stick*

That worked last time :þ

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:31 pm

So, uh, what's a tripod synth? I could possibly have Tom wander off and find it...

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:43 am

the-nightwing-voyage-t73366-520.html#p1752853

(Hint: there is another OOC thread for this RP, every once in a while I put a post there which should answer all “what is” and “what is the name of” questions. It’s not up to date, but still helpful.)

The thing may have sneaked onto the ship when the council guards killed some of the crew. It’s probably the stalker type.

Saein and Annarein know what it is and that it may be on the ship, but they believe it isn’t. Dedrik knows Saein smelled something after the attack, but doesn’t know what. As far as I know the rest of the crew has no idea.

Anyway, this kind of creature will cause so much trouble I think only Holy can decide it’s on the ship. Also, Lloyd should probably be the one playing the thing.

I guess if anyone wants out of the RP, having the tripod synth kill their character is a way...

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThomasR95 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:09 pm

OI! WAKE UP YOU 'ORRIBLE LOT!

ThomasR95
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:22 am

See, this is why I gave up this hobby a few years ago.

cucumbersome
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!