Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Noob Pool - A Role Play Improvement/Mentoring Experiment

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

The Noob Pool - A Role Play Improvement/Mentoring Experiment

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Everyone has to learn how to swim, well here, you can learn how to improve your writing while keeping an IC atmosphere. This is called, "The Noob Pool" because first one must admit they're a "beginner," "learner," "amateur," or "noob" to feel positive with their own acceptance, which will then make them impervious to shame. The Noob Pool doesn't exactly hold the setting of a pool, though it can. The setting is whatever the first noob makes it, and then others will just join that setting as whatever character, creature, or thing they want, and it'll just keep going on endlessly. You can test new characters out here, meet new people, and if mentors or other experienced players wish to join, they also must maintain the IC atmosphere.

Understand though by joining The Noob Pool, you officially submit your writing to be critiqued by mentors so that they can identify your repetitive mistakes and be able to offer advice on how you can improve. Whoever replies to this post will start off The Noob Pool; so remember, dedication brings joy and improvement.
ImageI am an American Soldier.

The Maker of Epic Role Plays
The Chef Ramsay of RP

Role Play Consultant -If you need help with anything role play-related or concerning your writing ability, drop me a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

A tall slender young woman walks through the hotel lobby. She wears a tacky looking blue sweatpants and a small black jack and has a suitcase in her left hand and a duffel bag thrown lazily over her right shoulder. She drops her bags and sighs as she looks around. The hotel is nearly deserted. There isn't even a receptionist to sign her in or take her bags. She knew it was a bad idea to visit Myrtle Beach in the winter, but she wanted to go someplace cheap for her winter vacation and a city left abandoned half of the year was the best she could afford.

She brushes her short shoulder-length hair out of her face and hits the bell a few times. There is no response. At first she assumes all the local yokels hit the hay early. But even in a deserted town 2 pm was an early bed time. She walked to the far end, past the dusty bar and and into a lounge to find a door for a heated pool in the back.

"Well," she started, Atleast I'll be able to take a dip in something." She said, knowing the city's famous beaches would be colder than ice.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KairiBlueBerry
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Noob Pool - A Role Play Improvement/Mentoring Experiment

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RenHaru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Ren sighed as she blew her emo bang away from her mouth and slowly walked into a slightly trashed hotel, dragging a large, ripped up grocery bag full of her worn out clothes beside her. She carefully observed the lobby and soon noticed that the place was deserted.

"What else would I expect from the infamous Myrtle Beach?" She asked herself sheepishly as she dropped her bag near the front desk and rang the bell hoping for service.

RenHaru
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freiya on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:20 pm

The brown haired girl sighed when she arrived at the lobby. She put her bag on the floor. Her green eyes looked around; observing this place. She was tired. Four hours by train. All that she needs now was to go to bed very soon. Her eyes caught the girl in front of the front desk.

Great; Freiya thought; Thank's to you to rang the bell.
She took her bag again and stepped closer to the front desk.

Freiya
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Kairi turned around to hear the bell ringing back in the lobby. She smiled thinking maybe it was the receptionist, but gave a hearty sigh when she saw the two girls standing there looking lost. She walked back towards her bags and set them to the side of the hallway.

"Hey," It doesn't seem like anyone's here just yet. You two just get here?"

KairiBlueBerry
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:27 pm

A young blue fox, age seventeen, sat crouched on a small stone ledge above the front door, his head cocked to the side. 'Dang. One minute it's deserted, the next minute everyone's coming in at once.'

His tail swishing out behind him, the vulpine reached back and tightened his headband, staying in his perch. After all, everyone so far was human; he was anthropomorphic. Sometimes the meetings worked out all right, other times they did not. For the time being, he wasn't going to chance someone freaking out.
Last edited by Ris on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ris
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RenHaru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:28 pm

Ren starting cleaning her nails with her fingers out of boredom when she noticed a girl walk in and stand next to her, looking at her with a tired expression. Ren rang the bell again and yelled, "Hey, can we get some service around here? We're willing to pay you know! In cash!" After a few seconds of silence Ren sighed again and looked at the girl.

"You look tired, travel much?" She asked.

She then noticed another woman walk into the lobby. "We haven't been here too long. You looking for a room too?" Ren replied.

RenHaru
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freiya on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Freiya turned her head to look at the girl in blue sweatpants who spoke first to her.
"Uhm, yeah, I just arrived here." She said; lifting her hand up to run her fingers through her hair. At the same time, the girl who rang the bell yelled calling the service. Freiya would do the same if that girl hasn't do it. Seriously, this hotel must give a better service if they want to keep their customers. No one want to wait so long on the front desk.
She rolled her green eyes, and the girl who rang the bell spoke to her.
"Well, I came from another town." Freiya answered; "Four hours by train. And yeah, let's ring the bell again."

Freiya
Member for 15 years

"Heh same here. I drove about four hours from Maine."

Kairi smirked and folded her arms. She looked making sure the coast was clear before walking behind the counter. The old counter was burried in stacks of paper, but underneath there was a box of keys. She opened the box and reached inside.

"How would you girls feel about the presidential suits?"

KairiBlueBerry
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:57 pm

'Heh, great minds really do think alike, don't they?' The furry thought, smirking, bringing his hand to his pocket and feeling the slight bulge of the key. On examination, the key read "M 13", M being the floor and 13 being the room number. Having felt the urge for a challenge when he first arrived at the empty hotel, the fox picked the most unlucky room he could find; sadly, it didn't seem any different than the rest of the building.

Ris
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RenHaru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Ren grinned cheekishly and grabbed one of the presidential keys out of the box. "Serves them right for making their customers wait. I was gonna buy an over priced drink and everything!" She joked as she played with the keys in her hands. Ren grabbed her bag and started walking towards the elevator when she heard an odd clicking noise.

RenHaru
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

[GAH! sorry I gotta go. Continue Rping as if i left and went to my room. :P And don;t forget about me if you're looking to make a no0b friend]

KairiBlueBerry
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RenHaru on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:17 pm

(I also need to go, I get cranky if I don't get enough sleep for school. G'night, and add me if you want to, I'm very new to this site.)

RenHaru
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:19 pm

(I, erm, must also leave...yeah...darn shame. >.>)

(Nah, should be on for another hour or so...heh, time zones. Crazy things, eh?)

Ris
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damin on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 am

(Is this Rp still open cuase i am new and i am looking for a Rp to play)
LOST and CONFUSED

Damin
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rayn on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Rayn walked into a trashed hotel and glanced around. She saw three girls taking keys from the front desk.
Whatever. She shrugged it off and grabbed a random key.
C19
Third floor?
Sounds good. She makes her way toward the elevator when she realizes it's out of order. She kicks the door angrily.
"Is there no good service around here?!" She swings her brown and black backpack over her shoulder and heads for the stairs.
[I don't know where to begin..Ah yes, Once upon a time there lived a..]

Rayn
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:41 am

Ris chuckled quietly to himself, watching the angry female storm up the stairs. 'You see all sorts of people these days, don't ya?'

The blue Arctic Fox jumped down from his perch, quietly landing in a crouch. His ears and eyes shifted towards the woman, quickly creeping after her.

'Huh. I kinda feel like a stalker now...Oh well...'

The vulpine soon caught up enough to be able to see her, but he kept his distance; he didn't want to alarm her at any rate.

Ris
Member for 15 years

A nervous-looking girl crept into the hotel and stood by the door, shivering slightly. She looked around the room, quietly examining each person in turn. The place was virtually deserted, but it was still too crowded for her. She clasped her unnaturally pale hands together and stared at her boot-clad feet for about five minutes, before sighing deeply and casually strolling further into the room, trying to act confident. She grabbed a key and read it: E16. Gulping, she watched the angry-looking woman.

"Erm, i-is the elevator not working?", she asked timidly.

Thread-Killer
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ice Cold on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:18 am

(Is this RP still up? It looks kind of dead, but oh well.. I'll just see if someone continues to write..^_^ I need to practise. )

A loud sound, like someone kicking a door, awoke Jennie from her blurry dream. She hadn't slept well in at least half a year, and because of that she had been so tired and grumpy the last few days. There wasn't many other people in this town, and beacause of that she didn't have anything else to do than try to get some sleep, no matter if it was day or night. How she had managed to cope with the loss of sleep earlier, she couldn't understand, and she didn't bother to try either. It would just make her more sleepy to really concentrate on anything. Ever since the great disaster had ruined Myrtle Beach half a year ago, her life had been miserable. No one ever vistited the city, and therefore she didn't get a lot of money.. Which was very sad, because the hotel she had inherited from her father was the only way to make some money. It was broken, dusty, and very ugly, but it was all she had.

Jennie hurried out of the bed, put on some clothes that lay on the floor, and rushed out of her ruined house. Across the street lay her beloved, but worn down, hotel. The lights were on, and she caught a glimpse of someone moving inside the hotel as she got closer. "Huh, this is weird.. Didn't I lock the doors when I went to get some sleep?" She muttered to herself, clearly not sure of what was going on. Jennie pulled the door open, and her sight was terrifying.

Several people were wandering around in the lobby, talking, and some were also yelling and rining the bell like maniacs. "I can't believe that ringing bell didn't wake me earlier," she thought. She then spotted the little metallic box, with all of the roomkeys. Several of the newcomers were hovering around the box, and she also spotted someone taking a key. This made her really, really mad.

"What do you think you are doing?! Have any of you paid to get a room? NO, at least not the last time I checked. Put the keys back - all of you, and then you can pay to get them back. I won't have any stealing in my hotel!" Jennie was furious, but she wasn't yelling. She was completely aware of the fact that these people were her guests, and they would not stay at her hotel if she treated them like trash. Instead, she spoke with a mean, low, and maybe a bit theatening voice.

Ice Cold
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ris on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Hearing the angry voice lecture the other guests, Ris quickly pushed his back against the wall, his hand casually feeling the outside of his pocket.

'Good, key's still there...' The blue vulpine wasn't about to give up his free room, especially not to that lady...especially considering the fact that he had no money.

Slowly, he began creeping towards the stairs, hoping to avoid detection and make his "escape".

Ris
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!