Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Official Announcement

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

The Official Announcement

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:45 pm

On animemetro.com, I will be posting the following topic in Metro Town Square. I already have it set, it's going to post at midnight, EST. However, I need it reviewed, seeing as you all are beta testers. If you find anything wrong, or should you think there should be something added, please post here.

The Subject: Gundam Wing: The Legend Continues
Code: Select all
As a special event and a get-together, I believe it is about time to announce this here.

[center][url]http://gwing.net[/url][/center]

This is in no way directly affiliated with the original gundamwing.com, animemetro.com, or metroconventions.com.  It is merely a rebirth of the old community many of us knew and loved, the original website that started everything you see here on this site, which unfortunately, a lot more of the members of this site are unaware of.

In an attempt to bring back what was perhaps one of the major reasons many of us became who we are today, myself and several others have put this all together in dedication to all of those who frequented the original gundamwing.com chat room.

Gundamwing.com, to many of us, was our first taste of role playing.  Being immersed in the role playing culture, it was emphasized in the community that people become experts in the ability to type, spell, and use proper grammer, even in the online setting.  This led to many of the people involved becoming quite proficient in the English language.  In fact, in my experience, nearly 75% of the people who have actively participated in multiple RPing communities have become writers, and decent amount of those writers have moved on to become English Majors, and in some cases, published authors.

Again, I would like to invite all of the original members, and welcome any newcomers, to take a glance at this resurrection of a classic.

*edited: 17:28*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:00 pm

Looks good to me, even if it does mean I have to put up with newbies. =P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:38 pm

Looks great. Captures the right feeling without stepping on any toes. Well done.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:29 am

I enjoy that speech quite well. It is quite true in my opinion, and I think its great. The site looks awesome.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:22 pm

The awesomeness...he has heard? read what I have to say about it. :)

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:00 am

Reminds me of how my topics used to be there, reads and reads, but no one replies. Remember, most of the people there now don't know much about GundamWing.com and what it holds in it's past, they're mostly kids that either got the internet in the last few years, or were finally able to get on because their parents decided they were old enough to venture into the Online Universe. (Wow, hows that for a corny line?)

I think it bombed there, it isn't overly a big surprise when you think about it.

I don't expect it to fly over with anyone that wasn't there originally, and that's nearly 90%, or more, of the members there currently.

Only time will tell.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:35 pm

I don't mind if we don't bring in too much of the new people from AM. >_< In fact, most new people there are old members posing as new members. Which is quite annoying, but anyway whether they come or not, I think we can make this place survive. We can bring n00bs from other places. :)

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:15 pm

If Raya shows up I want decapitation rights.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:33 pm

Teh Andy wrote:If Raya shows up I want decapitation rights.

*starts writing a few things on a piece of paper*

*shows him the paper*

Sign here, please. *Points to the last dotted line*

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:02 am

LMFAO! sooo wrong...

Umm...she has a couple of names...so I doubt you would find out quick enough, except if she still hasn't improved her grammar.

Oh yeah Ace, add Hilde154 to that list. Don't ask, don't tell. Just know that I shall make it my special duty to find her/him. Whatever...>_>

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:09 pm

Ace Darkfire wrote:
Teh Andy wrote:If Raya shows up I want decapitation rights.

*starts writing a few things on a piece of paper*

*shows him the paper*

Sign here, please. *Points to the last dotted line*

*Signs along the dotted line with a flourish*

*Then turns around and grabs his Murderin' Axe*

*Stalks the forums for the stupid female dog* (Can i say it? please?)

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.