Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Re: The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:16 am

Well Treali Storm. we were only in a few games together but I always enjoyed reading your posts.

May brooks and trees and singing hills
Join in the chorus too,
And every gentle wind that blows
Send happiness to you.

A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.

May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire.

May the sun shine, all day long,
everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true!

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

~Irish Blessings
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

An Epic Farewell

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyim on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:39 am

Eeeeek, nevermind! Can't stay away! Xb
Last edited by Nyim on Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyim
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: An Epic Farewell

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:29 am

Awe, Nyim! Congratulations on getting the mod position on Really? That's great! I will see you on there. Bye for here. ^-^

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonblood on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Hey. I'm leaving. I'm sorry everyone that it has to end, I have loved my time here. But this place holds far too many emotions for me. You may still see me around here and there, but don't count on it. I'm sorry. Goodbye.
"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong." -Arthur C. Clarke

Moonblood
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Moonblood wrote:Hey. I'm leaving. I'm sorry everyone that it has to end, I have loved my time here. But this place holds far too many emotions for me. You may still see me around here and there, but don't count on it. I'm sorry. Goodbye.

I'll miss you Moonblood. Farewell.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonblood on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:51 pm

Gah. I hate emotional stress that causes me to say and do stupid things. I just can't commit to staying away from this site. I feel much better now. Heh....ANYONE WHO READS THIS! IF I EVER SAY I'M LEAVING DUE TO EMOTIONAL STRESS AGAIN, PLEASE SLAP ME AND REMIND ME THAT IT WILL ALL BE GONE TOMORROW!!! Forget I ever said anything about leaving, I just get emotional. Heh, sorry for milking you sympathies and thank you for putting up with me.

Moonblood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cambons on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:53 pm

I had fun, i hope to talk to you guy that have my contact info, wont be able to get on the computer so late peoples and good luck!

Cambons
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eregthejester on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:49 am

Hiya. Urm... lessee, I've been here maybe three weeks. I liked getting into roleplaying again (as my favorite and only current forum is dying and its writer's corner is pretty much dead), and I've met a some people I've enjoyed for the few days I interacted with them. But you said this is a topic for posting the reasons why I'm leaving, and if you want the feedback... well, I guess it'd be good to know why I, just a random noob, am not sticking around.

I see this forum as much more attractive than the other forums I've been browsing through, but it has fallen short on the safety end. The reason I'm leaving is mainly because of the sexual related things snuck in here and there and the fact that everyone tells me, "It all depends on the moderator." So, basically I've found the important rules to be bent by even some of those who are supposed to be keeping the rules. Frankly, I don't want all that stuck in my memory. I choose not to look at that sort of stuff but on this forum some things get by and I have no way of avoiding it at all. I know there is that sub-forum for including adult themes, which I have never entered, but there are still those adult themes managing to get into the other outside roleplays and sub-forums.

There are one or two other little things that bother me, but they would not keep me from participating on this forum by themselves.

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted. =] I just have one question: What happens to the character profiles I created if I were to delete my account (assuming that is an option as on other forums). Would they be "put up for adoption", or would they just disappear?

Tks,
eregthejester
Psalm 37 ~~ Delight in Him ~ Delight Him ~~ Psalm 51

If they won't write the kind of books we want to read, we shall have to write them ourselves; but it is very laborious.
~C.S. Lewis to J.R.R. Tolkien
King Raehart is Dead. (IC Still Accepting)
The Leighroi Ballet - IC Still Accepting

The Sons of Israel/The Israelites OT RP?

eregthejester
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

So long!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yenomuna on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:03 pm

I literally just introduced myself a while back but it would seem this place is too big for my liking. I registered because...well because I love to role play. This site is appealing in it's looks and I've even seen a few people I might have gotten along with. I spent most of my time looking about and trying to get a feel of what happens here and how people go about it. As much as this site is pretty and well organized, it's too much. I prefer smaller role play forums compared to this one. Even though I haven't even really started on this site I'll be leaving for good.

I'm not saying this site is bad. Not at all but it's just not for me and my preferences. Maybe I'll find a site that I'll enjoy and still be able to get a decent role play as well.

As always trying to be literate,
Yeno

Yenomuna
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Departing

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:50 pm

I know alot of people on this site, and I know I was doing alot of things up to this point but unfortunately I have to depart. There are several reasons that I have to leave, and you all probably don't care for those reasons, so I won't give any details [Unless you want to know that bad, in that case AIM: Tonjitwism346@aol.com or just PM me.]

Thank you all for making this site such a good place for me to enjoy, and I enjoyed roleplaying in all the roleplays I joined. I met alot of people who helped me walk up the road to elevate my roleplaying skill, and alot of people whom were nice to me when I first joined. I am thanking everyone at this site for helping make this place better place, and in making this place enjoyable for people like me. If I miss anyone below, very sorry. Its just that there are so many, and my mind is not really in the right place right now. Below I am trying to remember everyone who had a big impact on me in one way or another:

Saken, stay sexy love.
Fallen Angels Crew, the most amazing roleplay I had every participated in ever. This was the first official roleplay I joined, and I feel that with you guys we made magic happen in those 120 pages we roleplayed in. [I say 105, since 15 pages was Near's love feast >_>]. Thank you guys for the hard work and the dedication and commitment that you all put into this.
Dying Brotherhood Crew, thanks for the amazing expirience of a nice quality rp. It was definitely one of the best I had ever been in, and if only it would have stayed active upon half way in the second chapter, it would have truly blossomed into something beautiful. Thank you guys.
Near, remember you have to stay here until you are 60 [Remember your award]
Combatant. thanks you have helped me alot with the progression of my skill. Keep in touch.
Kronos, you helped me alot in realizing the potiential of technology, and getting me involved with it overall. I thank you greately for the help mate.
Skallagrim, thanks for all of yoru help.
qbsuperstar03, don't think this means you get away from our rematch. PM me anytime, and I will definitely rematch against you.
GlobalModeraters, thank you all for your impressive work on managing this site, this goes for the newest mod Psedusyne who is a fantastic moderator.
Drakma-ShadowAngel, hope you improve while I am gone, and hopefully if I come back, we can have a battle that lasts longer than 5 turns >_>
Total_Brave, best of luck to you climbing your way up the GT League to get better. I am looking forward to seeing how far you go.
Remaeus, I thank you for giving me the chance to become a Mentor and I thank you for listening to my suggestions. Also, you were the one who first had a official T2 match against me, which opened my eyes to the true nature of that style of fighting. I will most definitely never forget your effort to make this place better.
Chulance, hope to see you improve if by chance I come back.
Guts, bastard, we are going to have a rematch if I come back. Look forward to it. Till then, adios.
Sammy-Star, <3 <3 <3. Hope you like the site that I once introduced you to, and hope you enjoy everyone here while I am gone.
Hunter-Killer, Take care of Sammy while I am gone, and good job on your roleplaying skill. Good luck with life and all else.
Dragon, Man I am going to miss you. Hopefully you can hit me up on AIM at one point or another and we can talk and spar from time to time. Best of luck to you man.
Souloe, if there is one person I can no longer beat at this point its you. I am no longer good at making characters on the power-level of yours, but you are indeed a very talented roleplayer. You indeed improved since that fatefull battle that occured, which to this day is the best battle I have ever participated in. Thank you for the thrill of that battle, and hope you stay and have fuhn with the rest that are still here.
Drakona5. dude its been nice. Good luck starting up the 54 Cards or somethin' like that. Remember, you know where I live, and I know where you live so just stop by any time.
Hoo, I knew you for awhile, and its been nice roleplaying and talking to you in chat.
Ryand-Smith, thought I missed ya? Nope, you were the one that got my head on technology after lingering in the realm of magic for so long. Its been very nice roleplaying with you, along with the others, and I won't forget what you have done for me in terms of ideas, roleplaying, and overall. Thanks man.
Everyone, thank you for everything. Adios!
Last edited by Lamentations on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:57 pm

It's a shame you are leaving Rion, there are a lot of irons in the fire that you started that I know many people looked forward to seeing completed. I wish you the best of luck whereever you wander, and that your writing ever increases in skill and scope. Perhaps one day we will run across one another in the vast meta-verse of the role-playing community. Know you are always welcome here at RPG.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odium on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:59 pm

Aww, bye Læment. I had a feeling we were going to have a truly awesome duel, too. I guess I'll let bygones be bygones, but I hope you can come back so we'll have a rematch at one point. :(

He's happy now. Or is death the end of the dream? Is it a failure of hope?

Odium
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Nuuuuu. It's not happeeeeeening. *Breaks down sobbing.*

I can't stay sexy without you, Rion! AND YOU NEVER FRACKEN ADDED ME. >=I

You better keep in touch, not to mention continue kicking my ass to post, and post well! I'll fricken miss you here - you were ganna help me learn to textual fight too. DXX

You. Are. Adding. Me. TO. MSN.

- Heartbroken, and forever not sexy,
Saken

- rion-funeral-t24828.html - R.I.P
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Discipline on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:21 pm

... wut

No.

You're not leaving.

You caaaaaaaaan't. :<

Who else is going to keep Saken from digesting RPG?!

Don't goooooo.

... we'll miss you.

~For An Extremely Extended Period of Time, and Most Certainly Not Owned By or Owing Anyone,

Rigel_Lake
Idiot by Nature

Discipline
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:46 pm

No way! You can't go Læment >:(, you just can't! Best of luck to you, may the situations you're not mentioning solve themselves as they must. You'll be very missed here on RPG, but oh the day I see you're back... You're getting a fight request mister. Ta-ta :/.

Safisan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mackenzie on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Mackenzie here,

I know I haven't been able to get on RolePlayGateway but with some personal situations happening, I know that this is my time to say goodbye.

I met some wonderful people from this website, and I hope to keep in contact with them,
to contact me, you can email me on a__cida__cid@hotmail.com

Someday I will return to RPG but I'm giving writing and brainstorming a break for the summer and focus on my education.

Adios.<3

Mackenzie
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 am

oh rion... and all the grand plans you had for the battle area too. you will be missed bro. do visit once awhile even if you're going to be away. And I hope you get whatever issue solved soon.

souloe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

I'm Leaving...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalEcstasy on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:34 am

Look,
I'm only in one RP that has kept going for any extensive period of time, and all the others are dead or frozen until certian players post...
and the RP i'm in has a lot of characters so its easy to fade mine out. and i give any of those players permission to hi-jack them.

the reason i'm leaving is i seem to spend my whole life on the computer, and its getting ridiculous, im loosing time i should be spending out and with friends,or at a job or something that actually makes something happen in my life.

all my friends go out every other night, not to get drunk or high or anything stupid. but just to sit with their boyfriends and friends and talk, laugh... the things i should be doing.

im the oldest in my circle of friends, probably one of the thinner ones, although im not THIN THIN, im average... and would say im not ugly... i mean, i'm my avatar photo... im not hideous.
and yet, my friend who has always been the underconfident one who thought she'd never get a guy, shes been going out with what used to be my best friend for over a year now, and the rest of my circle all have partners and have 'couples night' and all that...

i havent got anybody.
(unless you count the singer from Here's To Tragedy who is always texting me and flirting but has a girlfriend and is 6 years older and i dont mean anything to.)

and heres what really did it.
i've been off ill for the past week, so i havent seen any of my friends, for... 8, 9? days.
i text them all today to see if they want to do anything, my circle consists of 8 friends.
i got 3 replys.
"cant, out with BF."
"at work, call you later?" followed by "cant, sorry hun."
and "i would, but my mum wants me to go shopping with her,"
the others didnt rpely to texts and didnt answer their phones...
okay fair enough if their busy, but...
they've stopped asking me if im out on any given day, and will ignore me in the conversations they have about it.
i feel left out, but when i get home, i think "i'll go on the computer for a bit, then go out."
looks at the clock and its 8 o'clock... shit! where did the time go?

i cant go to 'couples night' because im not part of a couple.
i dont go out other times because i can sit at home typing -so much i now dont have to look at the keyboard and can type too quickly for any girl my age should.-
i dont go out because i think "the BFs will be there."
yeah but, hello stupid. if you went out you might find one for yourself! you're not doing any favours sitting on your arse infront of a computer!!!

so...
i've decided.
im aloud to check my myspace, and check my facebook. ONCE a day, and thats IT. long enough to check if i have comments (unlikely). and reply if i have got one. and then off, upstairs changed, hair done, OUT.

i'll probably see you in a few weeks, when i forget what i've said and im all "im baaaaaack." because ill be sad i cant find a guy or i thought i did or whatever!!

i would like atleast one goodbye comment as ive had such a deserted miserable day.

it would be apprecaited. truely.

and through this im not trying to bitch on people about their lifestyle, i'm just.. sat her with tears stinging my eyes thinking about how sad i am for wanting a few strangers to say "ill miss you", and none of you will anyway, but hey.

so...

see you, i guess.
x
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

ImmortalEcstasy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: I'm Leaving...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:46 am

I thought RP sites were for people who already had cruddy/boring lives. Sort of between a hobby and a drug, though nowhere near as harmful as abusing some sort of addictive substance.

Personally, I'm on here to improve my writing skillz0rz. XP

Still, it's OK for this to suck up my life a little, because I'm in high school and I still have adults running my life.

And if boyfriends are your problem...arurhg...*pulls at face* Imagine how you'd feel dating someone with the affliction you've diagnosed yourself with. (Not saying "walk a mile in his shoes" here, more "it could be worse." And it would be something more masculine, like some kind on online D&D session.)

EDIT: Whoa posts moved.
Last edited by DCLXVI on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: I'm Leaving...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:53 am

I guess you've made up yah mind Immortal, But let me say this F*** men they're a waste of space (Sorry to any men who aren't X_X) Anyways Hope you come back sooooon!

Love Dreadeh!
Image Thanks Mainee! ~ xox.
Please add your name to my list of people for my newest experiment: A Vampire's Masquerade (Interest Check)

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!