Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:32 pm

Please make all "I'm leaving RolePlayGateway" posts here in this thread, and not as a new topic.

Make sure you:
- State why you're leaving.
- Make some recommendations on how to improve these things.
- Tell people how to get in touch of you.

We're sorry that you're leaving RolePlayGateway, but remember that we do care a lot about you and the roleplaying community in general. We will take your feedback to heart and will do our best to make sure things improve!
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Re: Leaving Us? Read This First!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:55 pm

I won't say "goodbye" because I'm not leaving just yet... I thought I was, but nope, not yet (lol)... and even if I do, I don't want to say "goodbye" because I would like to return some day and say "hello" instead (lol)... I just wanted to say that my experience here at Roleplay Gateway has been great. It was really wonderful talking to everyone, roleplaying with people, and just meeting new people from across the RPG world... And just in case I should ever suddenly dissapear out of the clear blue sky, I wanted to post this message and be the first to tell you that I'm really gonna miss this place when I'm gone... So, anyways, I don't have to leave quite just yet, but don't expect me to be around that much longer. I just hope I can finish my WTCM tutorial before I go, as that will be my contribute to the Roleplay Gateway community.
DIONYSUS THE TWICE BORNE
THE HUMAN BEING WHO DIED TO BECOME THE IMMORTAL GOD
VETERAN ROLEPLAYER AND GUARDIAN OF TEXTUAL COMBAT SINCE 1998

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dionysus
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dionysus on Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:39 pm

I didn't know what I else I should write... The evening is over for one member of this community... I wish there was something I could think of to say. Really, I wish I had more time... But honestly, I think this video might say it best. Good evening, and good luck to all of you. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qn3tel9FWU

And these are my last words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYz3E4MckSw

Dionysus
Member for 12 years

eNzy is leaving! ;O

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eNzeru on Sun May 17, 2009 4:34 am

Yes, it's true. I'll be leaving Roleplay Gateway .. Not definite that it is permanent. I'll probably be back but not sure .. Well anyway, thanks for everything. Sorry for doing this and I hope I'll be back =)

Yours truly,
`eNzeru

eNzeru
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: eNzy is leaving! ;O

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sun May 17, 2009 5:19 am

Hey Enzeru

Just wanted to say I had fun rping with you and that I liked the few rps I was in with you whether they were your creation or not. And I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I hope your leave isn't permanent. So I hope you get what you need to get in order to return... :D
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kabreka on Sun May 17, 2009 12:27 pm

Horrable! I tryed to join rp's and all i did was wrong! and thid one person told me I was horrable! I hated it!

Kabreka
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter

To all whom it may concern...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Tue May 19, 2009 9:47 pm

I am withdrawing from the scene of RPG, temporarily. I must stress that word, yes, I said, temporarily. So, I'll keep this farewell like most of my other messages, brief, blunt, and simply stated. I am going to keep the details and reasons for my absence to myself, but, be sure, they will not hinder my return. You can expect me back, at the latest, by September 1st, 2009 Anno Domini. There is a slight chance I might return before August 15th, slight, but, none the less, a chance.

To all who are in roleplays I'm involved in, please, forgive me, I had no intention of departing, though I knew I would have to. I'll post my formal withdrawal from each respective roleplay in each one. Again, I beg of your forgiveness, though I doubt I deserve it.

The one only sure place to contact me in my absence would be my Xbox Live account, Otto Kampf. Send me a message, and, if your gamertag doesn't match your username here, please, include your username as well, I'd greatly appreciate it. You can usually find my playing Rainbow Six Vegas, HAWX, AC6, or Battlestations Pacific, and possibly Mercenaries 2 as well, that is, if any of you would like to stay in touch, but don't feel obligated.

So, that's it, I will miss the site in my absence, and I hope to return with all possible speed.

The Eagle will rise once more.

-Otto

Ottoman
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal

Re: To all whom it may concern...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Tue May 19, 2009 10:05 pm

bye Otto.I Never even got to meet you.
*starts playing taps(temporary version)*
y'know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy, in that you don't know who you are and why you're even alive. And you just wanna' have sex, as many times as possible, before you die... I mean, I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit! Y'know, who... who never even feared death to begin with.-Donnie Darko
CTHULU FOR PRESIDENT:WHY CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL?

Emptor
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

kris0the0girl is leaving RPG

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FizzGig on Sun May 24, 2009 10:37 am

((Was convinced to stay. OMG I'm so lame. XD))
Writing is a socially acceptable form of Multiple-Personality-Disorder--C.S.Lewis

FizzGig
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Contributor

Might be leaving...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redd on Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 am

Yeah, that's right. I've only been here a short time, made some fun friends and pissed off a few people. But I can leave here ( If I do ) knowing one thing. This place is pretty much like every other RP site I've been on. Corrupt people, annoying elitists and the occasional random moron. Not much different..no matter how you try and look at it. All in all there are a few good people on here, and I stress the word few. I can name the people I like on one god damn hand. I can admit I'm not the nicest guy or the easiest to get along with, but some of the people on this site. Well, it makes me wonder how some people get banned and they don't. I don't know if I'm leaving yet. I may and I may not. It all depends on how the next few days go.
And so with winning the fight and everything over, Deadpool began to dance. Image

Redd
Member for 9 years

Re: Might be leaving...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mina Blackraven on Wed May 27, 2009 7:29 am

Ello. Sorry to hear about your luck on people around here. I hope you stay and things get better for you but if not, then you will be missed. I know I never roleplayed with you, but that doesnt mean i wont someday (if you stay that is.....) So, I hope you stay so maybe someday we could roleplay ^^

Oh and side note: I love your avi!!!! XD
Image Image Image Image

Mina Blackraven
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 27, 2009 7:44 am

Who and what are the problem? If you leave without sharing your ideas and feedback, there's nothing at all that can be done after you leave. Of course, we ask all our members to do their best in turning RolePlayGateway into what it is that they want, but we understand that some people may find this responsibility too much and would rather leave.

Please, send the Administration group a PM and let us know everything that's on your mind!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redd on Wed May 27, 2009 7:52 am

Well, as a former Admin to a current one. I honestly..don't understand how on gods green earth you even wanted to put some of the people on here as Mods. I just, can't understand it for the life of me. And to be honest only two of them piss me off to no end. That being Vexar and Circ. ANd I don't give a damn if you erase this or ban me because..I just don't care anymore. And the elitist gathering on here is just annoying. I know I have my moments. Normally when people use things like u or 2 or something like that, or can't seem to find the bloody shift button. But for the love of Batman. I just don't feel like putting up with this asinine site anymore. So erase this, ban me, do whatever it is you feel like doing. because Remeaus..I don't give a fuck.

Redd
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Wed May 27, 2009 9:16 am

DG, I respect your opinion on the matter and I can see from where you are coming from. You must also consider the fact that a large portion of your basis is upon the chat system, now from personal opinion I don't like chat systems in general, it attracts very much the kind of people you mentioned. Those who seek attention in one way or another or otherwise 'act up', very few normal people tend to flock to chats, as far as my experience broaches on the subject.

Now, I spent a long time on this site, I until becoming a mod spent very, very little time within chat and my main reason for being in there at all is to act if and when breaches within the rule set take place, I rarely sit in there for the 'conversation' if anything.

Now if you leave the site know that I see you as a very self moderated person, you've put forward good enough discussions in the past, constructive criticism and whilst you have had your moments as we all do, I consider you a decent person. I hope you have a pleasant time whatever your choice is on the matter.

Nyxeth
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed May 27, 2009 10:05 am

I am dismayed DATGUY that you feel this way. If there is an issue with people or Mods in chat please feel free to PM your concerns to me. If that is not a suitable way to address your issues, then I am sorry to see you go and wish you the best where ever you may find yourself.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redd on Wed May 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Alvaron wrote:DG, I respect your opinion on the matter and I can see from where you are coming from. You must also consider the fact that a large portion of your basis is upon the chat system, now from personal opinion I don't like chat systems in general, it attracts very much the kind of people you mentioned. Those who seek attention in one way or another or otherwise 'act up', very few normal people tend to flock to chats, as far as my experience broaches on the subject.

Now, I spent a long time on this site, I until becoming a mod spent very, very little time within chat and my main reason for being in there at all is to act if and when breaches within the rule set take place, I rarely sit in there for the 'conversation' if anything.

Now if you leave the site know that I see you as a very self moderated person, you've put forward good enough discussions in the past, constructive criticism and whilst you have had your moments as we all do, I consider you a decent person. I hope you have a pleasant time whatever your choice is on the matter.

Alv is, pretty dead on. I've almost never heard anything bad about the forums. I may have overacted when saying what I, but I still feel this way. Also, Alv, I never would have expected you to call me a decent person XD. Ok all giggles aside, excuse my constant use of profanity. It's not really called for but, it's what I do.

As I've stated, I may leave. It all depends on how I feel about it. I may just leave the chat entirely and stick to the forums. Oh, and thanks Skalla. If I have any problems that can really be solved by a Mod I'll be sure to let you know.

Redd
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rigorin on Sat May 30, 2009 1:19 am

Datguy... my lord, sometimes...

Look. I don't know you well. But, if you can't put up with some of the people in the chat, then really, I don't care if you leave either. Because I can guarantee you that at least 70% of the people there, like me, at least make an attempt to correctly spell every sentence they make in the chat box with minimal flaw. Of course the chat system isn't perfect. There are other people, and other people act differently. You have to get along with people and their differences from you, even if they're annoying. It's called "socializing".

Listen. A guy recently moved into my house, and he has a daughter that he brings over occasionally. Now I'm good enough friends with this girl, who is probably about 11 or something. I can tell you, I am COMPLETELY different from her. Ya know why? Because she's normal. She's spoiled, she's stuck-up, she's kind of obese, and she likes to buy things. She's into things like "I am a gummy bear" and "xat chat". She uses engrish and text-language online all the time. She's normal.

Me? I'm weird. Completely and utterly weird. I'm a complete hippie, I eat differently, I like war despite the fact that I hate disputes, and I like to be a complete retard towards people I don't know. I'm weird. And me and her, we aren't exactly the most social. But we're friends, despite being different. You wanna see a person who is absolutely horrible in chats? Can't spell right, doesn't even try to spell right, is completely lazy, trolls and flames a lot, acts like a noob or a Mary-Sue? I can ask my friend here who I just mentioned, she'll show you more than twenty chat boxes full of those kinds of people. This RPing site isn't that bad at all, and you're just basing yourself off of the chat, which is the place that is most popular with those kinds of people.

Granted I haven't been here long; maybe half a year or so? I've been here since a couple of days before the temporary Mibbit chat got taken away and this one was put back into place. But in my time I've seen a total of maybe 20 people who act the way that you describe.

Half of the stuff in this post probably either doesn't have anything to do with the topic or is kind of hard to understand for you. But my point is; you don't have it too bad on here. Chill out, and think about this. I think you can learn to love this place if you try.

Rigorin
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redd on Sat May 30, 2009 4:25 am

You know, Rig, being different..has nothing to do with this you moron. Did I say it was bad to be different? NO! Did you actually read what I put or, did you just want your two cents displayed for others to read? Not once did I say anything about people being bad for being different or say that it was wrong. I just said I'm done putting up with elitist assholes. You'd know this if you actually read anything I put. No instead you hopped on and decided to show people how idiotic you are by posting something that had nothing to do with what I said. I've already stated that I have my moments and for you..to even post what you did shows just how much of a moron you are. It's people like you, sticking their uselessness into shit that makes me want to leave the whole damn site. So why don't you chill out and think before you fucking type something. Or at least try and understand what was written before you type something up. Again I have never said that being different was bad. Also, what happens in your hose with strange people is of in no way a concern or a give a damn of mine or anything else. I just said that people should at least try when they type. That's it.

Redd
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meliodas on Sat May 30, 2009 6:35 am

Note with the chat system, going along with what Alvaron said, I think the chat is killing this site more than helping as of lately... The same thing happened to a previous site I was on a long time ago, a stupid Pokemon site, but as soon as the chat went up, activity on the forums died, and was, bluntly said, replaced with a bunch of immature new members. A lot of debate going on at the moment about finding an active role-player and of the such, and to be perfectly honest, role-play is dying - at least good role-play. There are a few good role-plays out there, but they die because a lot of the new members let drama, and a lot of other bullshit get in the way. God modding, horrible characters who are not thought out, users having no real logic... role-plays either die or... example Slave RP, 150+ pages of pure crap. All these new members, all this drama, especially on chat, is driving a lot of veterans, a lot of good members such as DG to leave... I've seen dozens of players vanish... a lot of them spend their time on the chat rather than on the forums helping a lot of the new members.

What is my point of saying this? I think the chat is a major problem in this community in general... this is a role-play site, not a teen ranting joint. I go into the chat it's constantly the same conversations, everything coming down to sex and many other inappropriate topics. I won't lie, I myself have got involved in such quarrels dealing with religion and everything else. People going on there and ranting about killing themselves I mean... it's a place for everyone to be attention seekers. Why get involved myself? Well what else is there to do around here? Finding a good role-play is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Take the Pokemon site, it got so bad, they finally shut the chat down, which I think was a good thing personally. I sort of want to propose shutting the chat down at certain times of the week, or having it open only on certain days. Either that or make stricter rules and make the chat for role-play only topics. I agree on some of the mods I mean... I saw someone, won't say names some of you may remember, posting a picture of them half-naked... and it was a girl. The mods/admins did nothing so that shows you how much their doing their job. But people like... Loves who had an anime picture that wasn't even that bad, some mods agreed on that, got kicked off chat the first time just for doing that. There is like a power struggle there between what's right and wrong. Nowadays it's the luck of the draw on what mod is on and whose not.

And the chat again stricter rules will get rid of the assholes... people in there about suicide and this and that... and oh look at me :cry: - I wouldn't put it past them that they're lying. I was young and immature once, I pulled crap like that, and luckily I had older members whip me into shape... but nowadays all the members are sick, tired, and gone and the mods won't do anything for the most part. Sorry for rambling but back to the chat... all the good members are on chat now rather than helping the new members on the forums... who have overrun forums. I mean come on veterans, what are you afraid of these new members? You'd rather sit on chat and role-play about sex, talk about religion, rather that do what you came here for in the first place? I swear I had a better time role-playing when I was a nub rather than now, when I'm a much better role-play who writes pages per post rather than what most of you call a post - two sentences of pure crap that I don't even understand, I can't even read...

Excuse me for saying all this if anyone is offended. But personally, wrap this up, we need to get rid of the chat, or get stricter mods... role-play!!! Not ranting... and we need old members to start helping new members more... A lot of these new members don't even want to learn and they don't care that they're making this site bluntly worse. I've lost joy in role-play because I can't find a good dedicated role-player anymore and maybe all this is old news since I myself have just quit in general and have focused on only one role-play on this site.

Back to topic, sorry to see you go DG, but I understand why... I'm almost to the point of leaving myself, I am almost gone. I focus on ADV, which I rarely post on cause everyone seems to be leaving... wonder why... ? ;) Otherwise I don't role-play anymore myself... I can't stand people not dedicated I post pages and I get a paragraph back... these new members are making me worse off to be honest.
“We all die someday, but as long as someone keeps a person's wishes alive, they won't really die.”

Meliodas
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor

So long, Gateway

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silcatra on Sun May 31, 2009 1:06 pm

I'm hanging up my hat and leaving.

I came to Gateway at the beginning of March looking for a new place to find quality role play, maybe something different from my usual venue. I have not been able to find that here. The roleplays that attracted my attention initially either never came to fruition, were invite only, were aborted, or quickly filled up with less than literate players. Perhaps my other forum has spoiled me, but I need literate RP in order to enjoy myself.

However, the people I would have liked to write with quite rightly require some proof from fellow players that they won't flake out or turn out illiterate. I haven't been able to RP here, and thus haven't been able to prove myself to those I would have liked to impress.

So, without the ability to play here, I'm going to go off in search of greener pastures.

This isn't a reflection on the characteristics of the people here; yes, there are idiots, yes, there are assholes, yes, there are people I met that I'd have loved to hit over the head, but there are also people who are witty, intelligent, funny, and kind. People I would have liked to get to know better.

For anyone who would like to stay in contact despite my departure, post here or send me a PM within the next 24 hours. If I know you, I'll give you some contact info.

And that's it. All I have to say.

So long, Gateway.

Silcatra
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.